Woodyrojo

Questions to the developers, Spring 2018

Best answer

Survivors!

A new topic devoted to your questions will be opened on Monday (June 4). Stay tuned;)

I have all the cabins as of late where there be more coming soon? Like a 1966 Pontiac that be awesome would love to build a muscle death machine with that glorious engine roar

Ka1deron (Posted )

Midknightninja, yes, there definetely are plans for the new cabins. There is no specific info about their ETA for now, but their variety will be increased;)

Hello,

I want to know more about aegis prime.

The current state of it is that it is worth well below the crafting cost at only 1500c compared to all other legends at 2300c.
It has been a long time since the modification and the price has not changed. Will there be any farther changes to this module?

A suggestion I am thinking of is slightly increasing the active duration time. Maybe a 10~15% increase of active time should bring it to a healthy state.

Woodyrojo (Posted )

Hello, likevvii. We'll consider this idea when it becomes clear and the statistics shows us that Aegis-Prime really needs any tweaks. Currently the effectiveness of the module is just as it should be and the part has become more skill-oriented.

Can we ever get 'faction paints' which are awarded by either joining or reaching a certain level with the faction? if so the paints should be designed to make other parts not from that faction look like they are. for example the stepppenwolfs one would be a greenish colour and the lunatics a redish black colour or perhaps these could be awarded for reaching certain prestige level with that faction?

Ka1deron (Posted )

Liptiy, we plan to add new paints into the game, but currently there are no plans for the "Faction Paints". If you want your armoured vehicle to represent any of the Crossout's faction, you can achieve it using the paints that are already available;)
  • Sad 1

What is the rental workbench costs of Steppenwolfs. I have not unlocked steppenwolfs yet @BjKalderon

Edited by SIMRANJEET999L

Ka1deron (Posted )

SIMRANJEET999L, hello! You can check the current price of the workbench rent in-game. Just choose the workbench that you want to rent and you will see the price;)
  • Confused 3

Could you consider reworking the scorpion?

Nothing is more frustrating than seeing your scorp shots missed wildly, even if you are only slightly moving they miss pretty bad.

Remove the penetration or reduce it if you have to, but making the accuracy rng is too much.

Ka1deron (Posted )

VileCrib_3, some tweaks for the Scorpion will be included in the next update, however, they will only concern the Big Black Scorpions brawl. This weapon clearly needed to be adjusted within it's own rarity limits which is why the increased parameters of maximum scatter were applied instead of just the damage decrease.
  • Upvote 2

I can't rotate the thrusters to point downwards.

I would just like to be able to make a rocket-jumping car, so is that a bug or a purposeful thing in the game?

Ka1deron (Posted )

The boosters are initially designed not to be placed downwards. The only exception is the "Big Black Scorpions" brawl, where the players use the special crafts specifically designed for that mode.
  • Sad 1

I have two questions regarding the brawl BBS (Big Black Scorpion):

a) why did you remove rewards from this brawl?

b) when changing the scorpions accuracy, did you consider this brawl or was that an oversight? Before the brawl was about fast reaction times and long range snipes. Now you have to get very close and be slow for precise shots. One of the most fun and skill-dependant brawls is now close to a boring roll about which camper gets more fodder.

When i started crossout a few month ago i read a lot about more and more rewards being patched away without compensation, and so far it really seems like that. Every grind gets bigger and bigger and we are already at a point where i don't recommend the game anymore as it is fine for seasoned players but just scaring for a new player to get started. Are you happy with the current rewards situation or should we expect further nerfs?

Ka1deron (Posted )

Musax, hello! 1). Brawls, as a gameplay mode, is firstly valuable for their different kind of gameplay and hasn't been initially designed as a mode to replenish the basic resources, but, nevertheless, they include awards (the uniqueness of these awards will be further developed). 2).The tweaks for the Scorpion that will concern the Big Black Scorpions brawl are planned to be included in the next update.
  • Upvote 2

We were told Tacklers would be craftable in the future. It has been 4 months, when will this be available?

Woodyrojo (Posted )

Hello, xXMrSkeletonXx. Probably, Tacklers will become craftable when the new weapons will be also added to factions. So, they won't become craftable in the nearest future.
  • Upvote 1

I have just played two rounds of the Brawl "Storm warning"

In the first round i had FirstPlace and ~2500points, my base reputation was only ~550

In the second round i got third place and only ~1500points, my base reputation was ~660 (more than the round before where i was much better)

Second round was also against more low-PS enemies (if that is supposed to change the equation)

Could you explain the way Reputation is gained in brawls?

Woodyrojo (Posted )

Hello, Musax. You receive reputation for destruction of the enemy vehicle or for shooing off the parts. Probably, in the first battle you haven't destroyed so many parts or enemies, but still you were the one who has survived and won. In the second battle you've shot off more parts or destroyed more enemies and that gave you more reputation.

Only me again Asking again. When are THE ML 200 Legs getting their buff

Woodyrojo (Posted )

Hello, Anzerwolf1. Probably, in the nearest update we'll see some tweaks for the mech. legs.
  • Like 1

Thanks developers for a epic version of Junkbow.

I have a question.

Weapons affiliated by faction? For example; "Rockets are exclusive by Lunatics", "Machineguns are exclusive by Nomads", "Turret Cannons are exclusive by Scavengers"? We can expect Firestarters Rockets? Lunatics Cannons?

Sorry for my English.

Edited by aldermatias

Woodyrojo (Posted )

Hello, aldermatias. We're trying to stick some particular weapon types to particular factions and wouldn't like to mess them and the lore. Even if any affiliated type will be released for another faction, we'll try to make it unique and with some features, that are specific to this faction.

Will the weapons from the knight return event be craftable with normal factions after the event's duration is over, or will these items all stay event exclusive?

Would like to know if the event is early access to a tier II faction expansion. Kinda like how firestarters had an event to give us early access to some of their items. This really looks like a content update for steppenwolves/firestarter/DC, which is thouroughly needed (espdcially for steppenwolves). Keeping all these items behind an event lock would be a real shame.

Note: I'm strictly refering to the new weapons, the spike and other "knight" items should remain event exclusive.

Ka1deron (Posted )

keptick, hello! We plan to make these new weapons craftable on the faction workbenches, but it shouldn't expected this to happen in the near future. Regarding your second question - the "Knight Riders" event is not going to be an "early access" event (like the one with the "Firestarters"), as we don't have plans to add the Knechte as a new playable faction.
  • Upvote 1

I know this just came out.

http://crossout.net/en/news/523-developer-blog-knight-riders-return-en

And There is little time for my Requests/Hopes. But I wanted to ask about/for some things.

1) Will the Knight Riders faction. That only comes around once a year. Present their own Custom and Unique Melee weapons? :)

2) Also Can the Knight Riders. Have their own version of Shivs? But with the medieval wheels That they use, as a base. Instead of the Normal Medium Wheels. which the Shivs are based on. Maybe call these new Wheels. Chariot Wheels. Since some War Chariots looked like Medieval Wheels, But with blades sticking out of them like the Shivs. :)

Edited by Eldren24484

Woodyrojo (Posted )

Hello, Eldren24484! Unfortunately even in theory it's impossible to create and introduce new parts just in 1-2 days :) But I believe that the ideas are interesting and we will discuss them in advance before the next return of the Knechtes.
  • Upvote 1

I'm not sure where to post a complaint about a person. (xbox gammertag) UpNSmoke8 has been harassing me for too long. I can handle the message harassment but he is ruining the game for me. If I'm ever matched up with him on my team he runs into me the whole time picking me up on purpose making sure I cant even play the game. I have a saved replay if you need it cuz I'm just so done with this toxic person. please email me at [email protected]

Edited by asog1234
no responce

Woodyrojo (Posted )

Hello, asog1234! We'll check the activity of this account and take all the necessary measures. Next time, please, leave your report here: https://forum.crossout.net/index.php?/forum/115-game-rules-violation-reports/

Today after the update, strangely crossout asked for my e-mail and password, it was not doing that before. I opened the game and found myself to be a level 1 engineer. I was sth like level 30 engineer, 11 lunatic, 12 nomad, 8 scavenger, 4 dawn's children and 5 firestarter and I had most blue items and some purple items.

Since I never paid money for the game and I had nothing more than purple I did not turn on 2FA. Is there anything I can do to get my previous account back ?

Woodyrojo (Posted )

Hello, creativus! Please, write to the 'Support' section on the official Gaijin store webpage: https://store.gaijin.net/

Robocraftman @BjKalderon @Woodyrojo

Post moved from dev blog because it was closed out, not trying to spam.

Great job on the long needed porcupine buff, I feel it's pretty much where it should be although having the 15% barrel explosion damage would be nice, still very effective and fun to play with though. The issue of teammates sparks exploding the barrels is very annoying and frustrating. I'm ok with machine gun fire exploding them but the spark is too much. They usually explode right in your face and you loose your porcupines. This also leaves room for people with porcupines to be trolled by their teammates. I know the devs don't want people to be trolled E.G. adding a feature to detach teammates harpoon. The spark is already cancer when using a porcupine but in the current state a team mates spark is also cancer. Also I feel that the spark destroys the barrels far to easy considering the porcupine is a relic weapon. No other relic weapon has a counter that compares to this one. I would like to see the barrels have a little more resistance to the spark that way they don't blow up in your face from a spark that's 30 ft away. Perhaps they could be set to blow up after a cetian duration of time from the spark that way they do not explode in your face causing you to loose your porcupines, or change the spark so that it's damage is weaker when a target is near it's max range. I know the spark added to the game long after the porcupine  and there are probably not enough porcupine users on the forums to bring this to your attention. I feel that the spark is unbalanced against a porcupine build because having one of these legendary rarity weapons completely counters up to 5 relic rarity porcupines that a build could have on it. Even the agies from couldn't fully stop a shot from a scorpion and rightfully so. Addionally, I feel that this weapon should also be updated to effect hovers. At one point fuze drones did not explode under hovers but that was fixed, again with the relic rarity card but I feel because of the item's relic status that even hovers should have to avoid the barrels. 

Woodyrojo (Posted )

Hello, EVAN_WILLAMS! We already know about this issue and we'll see, what can be done to fix it. Thank you for the detailed feedback!

Will there be any future changes to the pricing problems in the Xbox One Market? I have heard other platforms like PC & PS4 get stuff for way cheaper of their markets.

Woodyrojo (Posted )

Hello, MontyCasper. The prices on the market do not depend on the developers and from the very beginning we've announced that we won't interfere it and let the players build the economy of their world.
  • Upvote 1

Hello. Long time player, first time writer. I play on PS4, and I thought I saw that the new Knetches weapons take 1250 across the board resources to craft. Do you plan on reducing raid length and increasing rewards? Do you plan on making Misty worthwhile to level up? Other than grinding only to get to 5% fire damage, to buff the draco? The only weapon of use in the new faction we were teased for months about? I do like the junkbow at 5.5 PS though, and bigfoots (to be nerfed I'm sure) are cool too. Why use anything else? Is data used towards analysis of weapons just kills and assists? Sure seems that way. If you've ever used a Reaper or Tsunami build, you probably wouldn' have buffed damage. A Reaper took a while to cut down an enemy before, and realistically, a Tsunami build has one real chance to charge up, and that' at the beginning of a match. With hammerfalls, they are rarely able to sit still long enough to charge up, and reload time is long. After disappointment of Firestarters and Misty, I've really only played the game for the comrades aspect. One extra shot for a weapon that could have been sweet (fortune) is not worth grinding for, and neither is a legendary MG with sub 150 structure. One more question. And this will be good for you to answer. Is there a bias towards thermocouple fuse chance for the charged radiator? Being radiators are going to play a big part in the new weapons. Is it 50/50 chance, being there is 2 possible outcomes? Does including an unwanted fuse result in a new fuse equation make it more likely the unwanted fuse result will happen again? Thanks-Nelson

Woodyrojo (Posted )

Hello, Nemesisnelson. 1. We're not planning to reduce the resources requirements for the event weapons. Speaking about co-drivers, we're planning to reduce the cost of their perks (5, 10, 15 lvls) pretty soon and then we're planning to refurbish the mechanic and the perks themselves and replace them with some that would be more useful and unique. About fusing: all the results have the same 'drop' chances. And the random mechanic launches each time and doesn't count your previous fuse results (even if you're using the already fused part).

The hard raids keep getting tweaked to where a group of 9K+ fail, we learn not to attempt many of the raids, then they're nerfed to doable then back impossible again, in a frustrating cycle that's maddening.

Two questions:

1) Why post such a low PS to enter? I'd encourage the developers to try playing a mission with a team of 4 minimum, then after they repeatedly fail perhaps consider (a) raising the PS or (b) lowering the difficulty.

2) Why keep making the hard raids so difficult for 9/10K PS groups to succeed? Or even the medium raids for that matter? Will they ever get stabilized?

Woodyrojo (Posted )

Hello, ThePsycher! Recently, we've corrected the difficulty of raiders and turrets in all the raids of 'Medium' and 'Hard' difficulties. You may check the tweaks right now, as these changes do not require a separate update/hotfix.
  • Sad 1

Woodyrojo (Posted 44 minutes ago)

Hello, Nemesisnelson. 1. We're not planning to reduce the resources requirements for the event weapons. Speaking about co-drivers, we're planning to reduce the cost of their perks (5, 10, 15 lvls) pretty soon and then we're planning to refurbish the mechanic and the perks themselves and replace them with some that would be more useful and unique. About fusing: all the results have the same 'drop' chances. And the random mechanic launches each time and doesn't count your previous fuse results (even if you're using the already fused part).

This sounds nice, but what happens with the players that already upgraded some of the pay perks (5/10/15) Will we get the differenc ein Ressources back?

Woodyrojo (Posted )

v3rgi1, currently we're planning that the old perks will be replaced with the new ones and these players won't have to complete some special tasks to make these perks available.

Hello! I was curious as to why the Overwrite Blueprint button was removed? It was a really useful function, especially for making a quick change and saving it. Now it is a pain to go and delete the old one and save the new one and having to retype the name. 

Ka1deron (Posted )

DeddyLongLegs33, hello! This change has been applied in order to optimize the user's interface. It's quite possible that this function will be returned in the new format later in the future.
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Hello again i was wondering is it possible to have the craft tables auto creat multiple of the same items? For instance you want 4 tires or guns of the same type you click it and makes them for you when your at work or asleep even to focus on the battlefield. (I know theres a quick finish?

Edited by Midknightninja
For got some stuff i spell fix

Ka1deron (Posted )

Midknightninja, hello! Currently there's no function which allows you to put the parts in the crafting queue. But this idea has been suggested a number of times before by our players, and it might be considered by the devs later;)
  • Upvote 1

can you buy a pack 2 times? one time through gajin and one time through steam?

Ka1deron (Posted )

Infamous_MrSeven, hello. No, this kind of purchase is unavailable - you can purchase the pack on Steam or at Gaijin store.

How does the perk of the aspect machine-gun work? Does adding radiators mean that it takes longer to achieve the maximum damage potential? Or do they add to the damage potential? 

Ka1deron (Posted )

ffs42069, hello! Basically, the longer "Aspect" heats up, the longer it will take it to gain the maximum bonus from the perk. So using these machine guns with the radiators is completely up to you - it will reduce the effect of "Aspect's" perk but it will allow you to control it's heating process.

not exactly a question and it may be redundant since i already tryed to post in a bug forum and contact gaijin with their own email. but i'd like to point out that i have lost a significant amount of credit and 2 ck 'bloodsucker' in the 9.6 update.  i believe that some of my transaction may have been miscalculated in the system since there are new mechanic that where implemented in the market in update 9.6 (an example of this is the 30 minute delay for anything that have a higher grade than white)

now, my volley of question.

1: how do i get back lost items and credit ?

2: how to protect oneself from item and credit disapearing in game update ?

on a separate note ,

3: i have noticed that the devlopment team seem to strugle to add new part and new gun . may i suggest you gentlemen to get around that strugle by inspiring yourself from the weaponsmith system in fallout 4 ? anything even loosely resembling such a game mechanic would exponentialy add more possible kind of pieces or weapons present in crossout. in turn ading to variety by alowing player to essentialy create large amount of diferent weapon and piece. this would in turn liberate more time and ressource for the team to focus on other things instead of 'new pieces and new guns'.   just an idea.

Woodyrojo (Posted )

Hello, ObisTheTormentor! In order to solve the issue you need to contact the Support on the official Gaijin store webpage: https://store.gaijin.net/ If you have already received an answer, that doesn't make the situation clear, please, send me a screenshot with the answer in PM. Also, please, be sure to check 'My offers' tab in the 'Market' section, whether your CKs are there or not. Also, it's necessary to make sure that your account wasn't hacked. In order to prevent such actions in the future you should enable the 2-step authorization. See the details here: https://support.gaijin.net/hc/en-us/articles/203623622-How-to-set-up-the-Two-Step-Authorization-Google-Authenticator-
  • Sad 1