BadChocky

Backgrounds for faction screens

I would like to see more dynamic backgrounds on the faction screens please. In my opinion they look a bit dull and flat currently. I've attached a quick mockup of the Lunatics screen to illustrate my point.

What do you think?

CROSSOUTfactionback.jpg

Edited by BadChocky
  • Upvote 7

Cool cool looks a lot better already. But it will be nice to have a bit of animation and movements in the backgroud which will improve things. And also it be AWESOME to have those screens be different but to stick whit the theme of the factions. Like 

Engineers -some sort of workshop whit tools and stuff

Firestarters - something burning or whit a lot of fire

Steppewolfs - military bunker or base

Scavangers - junkyeard whit houses made out of scrap

Nomads - airport whit a lot of plane parts used for buildings and stuff

Dawn children - laboratory of some sort

Lunatics -a lot of spikes and apears in the background

Edited by Blasted_Off
  • Upvote 3

On 3/24/2018 at 7:16 PM, BadChocky said:

I would like to see more dynamic backgrounds on the faction screens please. In my opinion they look a bit dull and flat currently. I've attached a quick mockup of the Lunatics screen to illustrate my point.

What do you think?

CROSSOUTfactionback.jpg

Please do a mock-up of scavengers or steppenwolf.

On 27/04/2018 at 11:29 AM, Blasted_Off said:

Cool cool looks a lot better already. But it will be nice to have a bit of animation and movements in the backgroud which will improve things. And also it be AWESOME to have those screens be different but to stick whit the theme of the factions. Like 

Engineers -some sort of workshop whit tools and stuff

Firestarters - something burning or whit a lot of fire

Steppewolfs - military bunker or base

Scavangers - junkyeard whit houses made out of scrap

Nomads - airport whit a lot of plane parts used for buildings and stuff

Dawn children - laboratory of some sort

Lunatics -a lot of spikes and apears in the background

I like the idea of having a bit of movement in the backgrounds but I'm not sure how it would affect players on potato PCs? Something subtle might not be an issue? I've chosen backgrounds as best I can from image search online. I'm sure the art department will be able to rustle something up judging by the high standard of work they produce. These are just meant to illustrate the point that anything would look better than what we currently have.

Thanks for the input. Hopefully the devs will take this idea on board eventually. I realise they have more important tasks to focus on at the moment.

They could easily add a setting that removes movement for low settings. I think an airport that is converted into a monastery or library would work for nomads.

This is true. We mentioned this in another thread about having an animated intro to the game similar to the website.

I imagine the nomads to be just that...nomadic. They set up temporary camps with canvas tents moving from one plane graveyard to the next junkyard looking for rare parts. I guess they might setup a stronghold in an abandoned airport too. I chose the background image because it features plane parts and a temporary camp but I can picture some grand temple/monastery in a hanger.

I'm sure the devs will have some ideas of their own. I hope this gets implemented eventually. I just think it would make it look more polished than how it is now. It looks a bit cheap and doesn't do the awesome character designs justice IMO.

Here is the firestarter mockup.

firestartersbackground.jpg

Edited by BadChocky
  • Like 4
  • Upvote 1

I forget what are the nomads crafting bench names? That would give some insight into how they live. 

Are you kidding? It's a marvelous looking! Nice job! :D I like the Steppenwolf most!

• Thanks 2

Awesome PS work. We got an artist there.

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

I didn't create the backgrounds BTW, I just sourced from the interwebs but thanks for the compliments. I did have to do a fair bit of tweaking to get them to look right. Hopefully the game will actually progress and 'polishing' features like these will be added later down the line. I just thought the mockups would help convince the devs that it was a good idea.

Edited by BadChocky
  • Upvote 3

Those backgrounds are AWESOME!

• Like 1

BADCHOCKY Great WORK!

wouldnt mind these images as screensavers minus the Nav stuff :)

heck i would even animate for my Wallpaper engine! one for each day of week even +

I think we passed potato pc thing,Crossout will be DX11 very soon which have greater capabilities.I think DYNAMIC Garage Background is more awesome like when u are Firestarter your Garage changes into their corresponding HQ.

2 hours ago, StreaMRoLLeR said:

I think we passed potato pc thing,Crossout will be DX11 very soon which have greater capabilities.I think DYNAMIC Garage Background is more awesome like when u are Firestarter your Garage changes into their corresponding HQ.

Faction themed garages AND customizable garages were suggested far back then, and im pretty sure the idea is still alive on DEV's desks

Awesome, give that player a job, or coin or a engineers flag :p, nah coin works better, 

7 hours ago, Cpt_Nero said:

Faction themed garages AND customizable garages were suggested far back then, and im pretty sure the idea is still alive on DEV's desks

I would love to have faction related garages to choose from