Sign in to follow this  
The_Warbringer

Build Mode Tonnage + Power Meter in real time.

It would help a lot in building balanced cars if we could see meters that show tonnage and power in real time in Build Mode. In numbers and bar graphs.

Acceleration stat isnt very clear. Even keeping both Max Speed and Acceleration at half, there is considerate difference in builds.

Also a visual tip for balanced Tonnage for the vehicle to have max speed and acceleration, like a color or bracket that scales with cabin and equipped engine.

We always aim for maximum speed and acceleration or max weight and use max energy. There are very few balanced builds.
A good example of this is trying heavy builds with legs. Even if we have lots of power, legs accelerate poorly, even though the actual graphs shows acceleration and max speed are good.

• Upvote 2

I think they're balancing giving people too much information. The bars are kind of useless. I don't know if they should make it all available during build because it would confuse people. But right now you can see your exact tonnage numbers if you hit escape and mouseover the current weight, it will show your max tonnage with the current wheels/cabin/engine.

On 3/26/2018 at 3:13 PM, The_Warbringer said:

Also a visual tip for balanced Tonnage for the vehicle to have max speed and acceleration,

That's easy. Nothing but an engine and the smallest wheels possible. Anything past that will cut into both. The way I've seen it written, and devs put it somewhere, the more power a cabin and engine have, the more they can ignore weight up to their tonnage. A vehicle with low power adding 500kg will be impacted more than a vehicle with high power adding 500kg. Which is why light vehicles use light armor because it affects them much more.

Even with the engine and cabin changes, this stuff is still about the most confusing concepts in the game. If you get yellow numbers you're over tonnage. Add a wheel, any wheel, even if it's not touching the ground, and you can be back to normal. BUT adding a wheel, any wheel, even if it's not touching the ground, lowers your power, which lowers your acceleration. Confusing stuff.

• Confused 1

On 10.4.2018 at 8:10 AM, dukerustfield said:

I think they're balancing giving people too much information.

They could add meaningfull information to the game for a long time without reaching that state.

Can you please change the window in build mode back to the way it was, not transparent all the time? I preferred the way it was before. Add transparency as an option in the menu.

• Upvote 1

Sign in to follow this