With Crossout 9.40 a new bug seem to have been introduced to Mechanical Legs. They seem to be missing a part of hitbox at the bottom making it possible to both shoot and build though them near the ground.

The body of the topic:

1. Video shows what's up. You can build and shoot through lower portions of legs, like part of hitbox has been removed.
  2. I don't know what was I expecting. Initially I tought only the downwards bending joint that's nearest to the frame had had a hitbox removed to ease traversing with legs (so they don't get stuck) and to make it bit easier to shoot with a gun that's underslung between the legs.
  3. To recreate: start building from under the cabin towards the ground 'till you have two blocks of ground clearence. Then simply start building outwards from there; you can go through legs all the way to the outside and box the legs fully.
  4. Details.
    • Cabin choice seems to make no difference; i can recreate with Huntsman
    • You can build through the leg but you cannot shoot though the leg from the side where it makes ground contact. However you can shoot though the leg from the front if you aim at the downward bent joint.
    • I cannot lie, I like this bug a lot and the possibilities it brings. We all know how legs suffer from many issues from a gameplay standpoint. Building while utilizing this bug to my advantage helps me with two things:
    1. I can put some blades at the ends of the legs to prevent enemies from driving under me. Kinda like in the build in the video. The blades set as you see will make people drive over me.
    2. Underslung weapons put between legs have much much better firing angles making underslung Reapers much more useful. Before this bug i had competely written off Reapers with legs. Now I have a Reaper leg build that's almost competetive! :DD
  5. Bug frequency - Constant: build it, take it battle, it "works". This was introduced in 9.40.
  6. Game logs + screenshots

This is indeed a bug and needs to be fixed but hopefully my thoughts also bring any ideas how to improve the legs in the future when they (hopefully) get some further tweaks. I'm seeing a lot of potential in the idea where people would just drive on top of the legs if they ram and as some of players have suggested having the joint nearest to the frame bend upwards would free up some space between legs without the need to make the build impractically wide.

• Sad 1

I just wanted to let you know this is still a thing. It lets you create exploitative builds like this one:

lVLVei3.jpg

That's six Goblins clipping through ML 200 legs and shooting fine.

Here's a design of that:  0B674955.design

It is pretty critical. Clipping means there is no collision box, and that means projectiles pass through the legs :/

Это довольно критично. Пересечение означает, что нет коробки столкновения, и это означает, что снаряды проходят сквозь ног :/

This is still a problem that needs to be addressed. any low mounted melee does not stand a chance against leg builds while this bug is a thing. With Druzbahs you can literally drive straight through legs without doing any damage.

• Haha 1

On 1/17/2019 at 1:49 AM, Skula1975 said:

Not a critical problem

Definitely not as critical as say... banners... =)

ROFL