BadChocky

Mixing certain paint colours to make 'Unique' untradeable paints

Interesting idea, opening up to gether feedback.

Only issue with this is that this would require devs to make up every possible paint combination with new textures for each part, that is an insane amount of workload.

Very interesting idea. And those pictures are looking so cool! I really would love to see these paints ingame, but as Nero said already, its a lot of work to do with textures, and to make new dyes.
But good luck with that!

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Cpt_Nero said:

Only issue with this is that this would require devs to make up every possible paint combination with new textures for each part, that is an insane amount of workload.

I'm not sure about that, honestly. I thought that, at one point, being a computer programmer for decades. But I think modern graphics cards and games can actually scale. I think we've all seen character selection screens. Where you have a RGB palette. Something like this:

1176855749fullres.jpg

They don't actually have to code all that stuff in or model it. Textures, yeah. But colors, they can just say, meh, color it. Sometimes it will break. But I think we've all seen models get scaled up and down. I was playing Guild Wars 2 a while ago and I had this crazy suit of armor that had been for my really tiny character. They changed the way armor and colors worked when I had not been playing. I put it on my largest character and it all scaled up and was massive. People hadn't seen that armor probably in years (was special event armor). I had people walking up to me in the city looking at it, because it was so crazy.

I know they can do sizing quite easily. You make a model, like of a sword or gun, and give it to different avatars and it grows or shrinks seamlessly. I think color is even easier than that. 

I haven't ever coded a game, so this is speculation. But I've seen very similar things done in the past. Mixing a Material + Color or Pattern + Color or such would be cool. Not sure about color + color and more complex things.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

I think you're right. I've purposefully chosen paints that would just require a colour change (The Camouflage Web hybrid may be a little trickier). Perhaps it could be limited to the 'glow in the dark' paints and coincide with the release of the dark maps that will surely be making an appearance into the PVP map rotation soon. :002j:

I personally love this effect and would like to see more of them in game once the dark maps are released. I added another example to the original post.

Edited by BadChocky
  • Upvote 1

I greatly prefer the old suggestion that paints be split into colour and texture. Less complicated.

• Upvote 1

Good stuff but if they really want money they should add special COSMETICs that are sold for $$ hopefully they don't make it overpriced like the packs they sell. 

Make it affordable for all like for example paid pants that remove the rusty look on cars go for $4.99 

Nation flag stickers that also sell for cheap

Keyword being cheap here. More people would drop $5 bucks into a game than $20 for a single item. 

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, ROACHOR said:

I greatly prefer the old suggestion that paints be split into colour and texture. Less complicated.

Yeah I suggested that a while ago but they said it wasn't possible. All the paint jobs are seperate textures for each part model. Seems like an odd way to do it but there you go.

• Sad 3

I love this idea!

• Thanks 1

nice idea, i thinked about a paint combinaison between "bumblebee" and "metal fatigue" for make a yellow metal fatigue paint...that could be perfect for give a new design for my school bus

• Thanks 1

XBOX one users already have a similar paint called "Old Salt" although it's more like a fusion between "Wasteland" and "Metal Fatigue". Would work well on your battered school bus though if they ever introduce it to PC/PS4.

old salt.jpg

You could also just make it so that these paint combinations yield existing paints but make them untradeable.

Hello, @BadChocky, and thank you for your suggestion!

For sure, the concept of the mechanic is great and interesting and we'll save it for the future. But, unfortunately, ATM it's impossible to generate new paints out of the existing ones and combine their features into a new one.

• Sad 3

The more I build, the more I think of this as an amazing feature.

I hope it will happen eventually.

On 4/10/2018 at 5:58 AM, Cpt_Nero said:

Like others have said, I think it can be implemented dynamically.

The order you mix the paints would affect the outcome. Example:

• Paint1 can dominate saturation, hue, & shininess
  • Paint2 can dominate value & glow

It could get fancier, to accentuate the qualities certain paints have... Figuring out the prettiest way for paints to combine is most of the work).

Rather than individually naming every paint combination, existing paints would be given a Prefix & Suffix. So, using examples in the original suggestion,

• Twilight Metallic ("Twitanium ", "Twitanium") + Will-o'-the-Wisp ("Will-o'-the-", "Wisp") = "Twitanium Wisp"
  • Web ("Web ", "Web") + Nocturnal Hunter ("Nocturnal ", "Hunter") = "Web Hunter"
  • Electron ("Electro-", "Electron") + Lava ("Lava ", "Lava") = "Electro-Lava"

On ‎4‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 1:58 PM, Cpt_Nero said:

Interesting idea, opening up to gether feedback.

There shouldn't be that much work... I mean they should make only 10 unique paints not the massive number of combos ... like make some now... then make some on another update and so on... we WILL WAIT IF YOU PROMISE US that... I think I speak for every builder... we love paints and deco

On 6/21/2018 at 9:44 AM, Woodyrojo said:

Hello, @BadChocky, and thank you for your suggestion!

For sure, the concept of the mechanic is great and interesting and we'll save it for the future. But, unfortunately, ATM it's impossible to generate new paints out of the existing ones and combine their features into a new one.

Hi @Woodyrojo, thanks for your response! Hopefully we will see something like this somewhere down the line. It would definately be preferable to fusing so many paints and getting a randomly selected one.

+1 Love this idea. More customization the better!!

• Upvote 1