ByiTyi

Marketplace seach is broken for many words

When you try to search stuff on marketplace, it will often result all sorts of wrong hits.

If you search for "engine", it will display 7 pages of hits for that, with all sorts of weapons, loot crates, tires ect. that can't possibly match "engine". If you search of some spesific thing like "Avenger", it will have 4 pages of hits with all sorts of non-hits like other weapons, tires and such.

Some searches seem to work like "minigun" only hits for the two miniguns in game, "heavy" will list heavy cabins and others with heavy in their name.

I know this used to work some patches ago but it was broken little while ago. PC, English client.

Edited by ByiTyi
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 3

June 24th, and still encoutering same bug.

image.thumb.png.005b3452cb044469a9ebb5e8

Im OP, ByiTyi was my forum account from time when it was not possible to use Steam account to directly login here, but after the different anti-spam restrictions, it became too difficult to use separate account here, and so later I was able to use my actual Steam account in here.

Anyway I was finally able to figure out why it works like this. The search also matches for faction names, so any "engine" search will match all engine_er_  faction parts, avenger for _sc_avanger and maybe few other combos like that.

Im not really sure if that is useful for the search to match for faction names, but up to devs and their resource constraints(time, money ect) to change it or not. Hmm curiously enough the 3 latest temporarely craftable cabins are considered engineer, too.

At least it helps to know how and why it works like that.

Edited by PurdooSix
  • Thanks 1