Robocraftman

Make Cyclone cost 6 energy and BUFF it

No other details? I know 3 of them are quite powerful, but I could only assume that from videos and cannot experience them first-hand to see how they fare in battle myself. Is 3 too powerful or are they too bulky to effectively place 3 of them? How and by how much do you propose to buff them?

For the size of it they should get a hp buff, the Nerv in damage is not so Bad but they overheat now faster thanks to the nerv yesterday, i think 6 energy i can live with it when they buff hp to 1000 and damage by 10%,otherwise no.

Edited by Draco_Night
  • Confused 3

5 minutes ago, Draco_Night said:

For the size of it they should get a hp buff, the Nerv in damage is not so Bad but they overheat now faster thanks to the nerv yesterday, i think 6 energy i can live with it when they buff hp to 1000 and damage by 10%,otherwise no.

Serious? Cyclone has the highest HP among all automatic weapon and its size is acceptable, I think they should buff the acceleration of fire rate.

If it's OP, I'm not amazingly seeing it. Yet. I run 2 and 3 cyclone builds. They tend to do quite well. But while this event is going on, I'm facing all sorts of unusual builds. So it's not my usual opponents. People are trying stuff out. The recent nerf to the gun was pretty big. Cyclone occupies a weird space. It gets better as you keep shooting. But you can't shoot for all that long. Not like equalizer/reaper long. And spamming it gets very inaccurate. Not as inaccurate as normal autocannons on full auto, but no one would ever recommend shooting autocannons on full auto unless you were at point blank range. So you have to stand there out in the open shooting someone to recognize its best value, and someone has to stand there being shot. I tend to change targets a lot and if my view gets blocked I keep shooting. I tend to do a lot of damage all over my enemies. It's not great at disarming. It's not great at sniping. It gets blocked by explosion traps. And I was surprised I lost a duel to a quad equalizer who had all his guns hidden by tons and tons of armor. Which I had to shoot away and he could shoot through, because his are guns not explosives. It sits in a weird place. It's kind of a medium range hard hitter. The only reason to use a scope is to see enemies, but you can't actually target stuff on them. You're too inaccurate when you spam. Just aim center mass. If people ignore you, you'll do gigantic damage, little by little. It's not shotgun-level damage. Or grenade level damage. But it's got better range and much better durability.

It's a gigantic model. But it has a similar profile as a Fat Man. Not including barrels it's about 1 square by 1 square bigger on placement. It also stands about 1-2 squares taller. 2 squares longer in front and 1 in back. It's pretty big. It's as long as a Mammoth. It's rear is as long as a Mammoth. But it's about 1 square by 1 square smaller in placement than a mammoth. It's fairly similar to a Quasar in size (and durability).

So it has a lot of durability, which I thought would be key, but it's just so big. The cannons you can peek and shoot. Even rockets/missiles. Grenades you can lob. You have to sit there behind not too much cover (or it will block you) and hold fire. This is why I never see them on hovers after the first day or two. Because hovers don't want to sit there to do their damage. They want high alpha and this is the opposite. I think people aren't used to them yet. My best config is with Golaith or ML Legs. But I think they put out good damage. They are kind of a mid-line attacker. They can't lead or they'll be degunned pretty fast.

• Upvote 2

I just played a bunch of 10K GTSM vs. Anti matches. There were only 2 people using Cyclones. Me and another guy. We did okay. But it was just another weapon platform. I can post the vids if you want. But it was mostly about tactics of the fight. He used ML Legs with 3 Cyclones. I used Goliaths with 3.

What I guess is weird about them is they aren't really good at one thing. Whirlwinds are better for sniping. Shotguns or grenades are better for up close damage. Machine guns (tacklers or equalizers) are better at medium range degunning. Cannons and rockets are way better at instant explosions of tremendous sizes. But Cyclones do a lot of stuff very decent. Very small AE. Long range. Not bad accuracy at first and even full auto it isn't so bad you'll miss a vehicle completely. High durability. No ammo. Not crazy heavy. Just large.

Surprisingly, at close range in a firefight, I think they lose to many weapons. Because they need to ramp up. At second 1, they are inferior to a standard Rapier in terms of DPS and damage:energy and PS. But then they ramp past them. That's kind of why I said they should be 2nd line.

They aren't the counter to hovers I wanted. Spaced armor totally blocks them. BUT, decor spaced armor doesn't. You need to use real armor or they'll just disintegrate it. So at least it makes hovers carry more weight.

• Upvote 1

I already defeated people who had one or more. Their HP is rather low considering they look though with that shield and the damage it does needs to build up, which gives you a window to react. I actually made a Cyclone within a few days and then sold it.

No changes needed.

I played them alot since i got them and every legendary outperform them, even vectors can degun you pretty fast because the cannon is huge, 500 hp for this size is a bit a Joke, yes i know retcher has lower hp but does way more damage, do if they raise the energy to 6 they should increase hp and damage, you must sit infront of an emenmy to get this gun working, 500 hp is not much in that case. I see it more as an AA gun Not as Auto cannon

Edited by Draco_Night
  • Upvote 1

Once the cyclones appear in large numbers and many gamer play with it, many other gamers will complain about it  and scream the weapon is OP. probably in 8-12 weeks they are getting nerfed. The price at the market will collapse. I experienced that with many items. (Fuzedrone, Hoover, Caucasus, ageis prime just to name a few) :-)

I hate this sentence, but what did you think? This game is a beta version.

Edited by hauser22

3 minutes ago, hauser22 said:

Once the cyclones appear in large numbers and many gamer play with it, many other players will complain about it  and scream the weapon is OP. probably in 8-12 weeks they are getting nerfed. The price at the market will collapse. I experienced that with many items. (Fuzedrone, Caucasus, ageis prime just to name a few) :-)

I wanna se more of them. They are disarmed so fast ^^.

Auto cannons are fine at 5 energies imo. If you think its out of balance, suggest something else. With the recent nerf, the weapon is fine imo (maybe PS raise if its a problem in low PS game) but in high PS game its not breaking the balance in any way.

Personally I'd increase energy of quite a lot of weapons. Together with other stats too - to keep them just as viable. A lot of weapon models suggest that they should use one more energy than their lower tier counterparts:

-Tackler 4
-Cyclone 6
-Fafnir 5
-Executioner 6
-Tsunami 7
-Mammoth 7
-Scorpion 7
-Prometheus 5

Of course their PS would go up too, as it's proportional to energy*tier.

• Confused 1

Tackler, fafnir, executioner, done barely more or atm the same damage as their blue counterparts, the Problem is here if you raise the Energie, the playerbase would Go down like in the cabin energie change and we have already enough bots in pvp. And i wonder Why you not mentioned the crickets ;)

Edited by Draco_Night

3 hours ago, CalenLoki said:

Personally I'd increase energy of quite a lot of weapons. Together with other stats too - to keep them just as viable. A lot of weapon models suggest that they should use one more energy than their lower tier counterparts:

-Tackler 4
-Cyclone 6
-Fafnir 5
-Executioner 6
-Tsunami 7
-Mammoth 7
-Scorpion 7
-Prometheus 5

executioner 6? tsunami 7?

but why ?

why would you use stationary canons that are way weaker than turret ones if they had same energy? makes no sense

4 hours ago, CalenLoki said:

-Tackler 4
-Cyclone 6
-Fafnir 5
-Executioner 6
-Tsunami 7
-Mammoth 7
-Scorpion 7
-Prometheus 5

No. Just no.

6 hours ago, CalenLoki said:

-Tackler 4
-Cyclone 6
-Fafnir 5
-Executioner 6
-Tsunami 7
-Mammoth 7
-Scorpion 7
-Prometheus 5

How about instead of 1 more energy make them cost .5 more energy each. I think decimals would significantly help balance the game.

Hzmat616 how you write a " ," in a code line ? Please enlight them :)  You cannot write " , " or if you could , they should hire you 

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, AtTaCk said:

Hzmat616 how you write a " ," in a code line ? Please enlight them :)  You cannot write " , " or if you could , they should hire you 

If you mean a decimal I had actually suggested them that they could also double all energy production and costs so they can use decimals while still using whole numbers.

8 hours ago, swaggot96 said:

executioner 6? tsunami 7?

but why ?

why would you use stationary canons that are way weaker than turret ones if they had same energy? makes no sense

Maybe read the whole post again? Slowly this time?

It's not about nerfing - they would get their stats buffed. It's about making them different.

10 hours ago, Draco_Night said:

Tackler, fafnir, executioner, done barely more or atm the same damage as their blue counterparts, the Problem is here if you raise the Energie, the playerbase would Go down like in the cabin energie change and we have already enough bots in pvp. And i wonder Why you not mentioned the crickets ;)

I never really cared too much about crybabies who can't adopt.

It's not nerf. As I stated, other stats would go up as well. It's about making higher tier guns more different from lower tiers, rather than straight boring upgrade.
Just to make it that when you go one tier up, you need to re-think whole vehicle, rather than just swap items.

I missed crickets. Indeed they look like 6E weapon. But they already cost more energy than wasps, so they kind of follow the pattern.
I also missed some weapons that visually look OK for their energy, but would be nice if they go up as well (i.e. shotguns should go 3-4-5-6 too)
My post was more of general idea than full list of changes.

6 hours ago, Hazmat616 said:

How about instead of 1 more energy make them cost .5 more energy each. I think decimals would significantly help balance the game.

In general I agree that smaller units would help. But in this particular example IMO energy difference between small, low tier weapon and big high tier should be quite large.

I never really cared too much about crybabies who can't adopt 

i never Cryed, but such changes would hurt the player base and if you dont care about this then this game is soon complete dead. 

6 hours ago, dukerustfield said:

I don't think you're getting far like that.

again take your own advice ;)

• Confused 1