jancc

make raids with less players easier

i just had a game where in the first wave 2 of our players left and my teammate was killed in the next wave

i know that it is unavoidable to sto players from leaving they could at least make raids with less players easier, by either deacreasing their HP and damage or spawning less of them

• Upvote 3

They should stop this early leaving, or if they do it to often give then a one hour ban, you see this Not in raids only, it is very common in pvp theese days.

Edited by Draco_Night
  • Upvote 1

I have had this countless times. Players leave raids for whatever reason

the funniest last was week, doing a hard raid & two of the team started a chat in comms, "SW (storm Warning) starts in 2 mins, keen?" . "yeah that sounds great: etc for 30 seconds, then poof, they were gone & me & the other dude are like   :facepalm:    & then     :kamikaze:        D  E  D

it would be great to see raids scale dynamically, adjusting to the current team composition (Some long words) 

4 minutes ago, SpeedLocked said:

I have had this countless times. Players leave raids for whatever reason

the funniest last was week, doing a hard raid & two of the team started a chat in comms, "SW (storm Warning) starts in 2 mins, keen?" . "yeah that sounds great: etc for 30 seconds, then poof, they were gone & me & the other dude are like   :facepalm:    & then     :kamikaze:        D  E  D

it would be great to see raids scale dynamically, adjusting to the current team composition (Some long words) 

Well I think Seasons with particular tasks are the reasons.

Happened to me last season (Which ended 6 hrs back)

I was trying to win the game with rare turrets ( other 2 randoms wanted to win) But one guy kept on rushing who had melee weapons(last mission in hard season ) 

He died after touching few bots>>DED>>We spammed defend here/msgd  stay together>>Spawned >>Did same >Done >>We some how managed to win but this made me realize this is a big issue 

1 hour ago, Sankeerths said:

But one guy kept on rushing who had melee weapons(last mission in hard season ) 

He died after touching few bots>>DED>>We spammed defend here/msgd  stay together>>Spawned >>Did same >Done >>We some how managed to win but this made me realize this is a big issue 

This is precisely why hard and even normal raid suck a real lot, not only your enjoyment is grinded down (really? rare turrets and cannons in a raid?), you ALSO have to bear your teammates doing their thing suiciding with melee or having stupid weapon setups just to appease to seasons.

Look I also come with two fatmans when its cannon in season, but I also use 6+ ammo boxes so I'm fine and it works, but most people slap a few cannons with no ammo, die, respawn, die, afk. Thats bad.

8 hours ago, Draco_Night said:

They should stop this early leaving, or if they do it to often give then a one hour ban, you see this Not in raids only, it is very common in pvp theese days.

stopping it would probably be impossible-sometimes you get disconnected because of your bad internet, your game and OS can crash...

not ruining the game for other players would be a far better solution

• Upvote 1

It's usually the big dogs leaving because they get stuck with lowly old newbs. Or they come in with huge builds, see everyone in 6k builds, (perfect for ALL raids), then rage quit because we are all supposed to use 11k builds against stupid ai's.

Gotta learn to adjust to the new system. I can barely build a decent 7k ride, completed both normal and easy seasons and only camevup one short of completing the hard season.

You folks wanted your monsters in raids, now ya gotta figure out what to do about all those monster ai's you created. Yep, YOU, or someone like you, wanting that huge beast because you thought it would be easy, but no longervis that the case. Stop whining and adapt to it. You expect everyone to adapt to your play style, but only the ai's are adapting.

My raid build is usually under 6k at all times including the dreaded cannon build required for raids.

Had someone on my "team" in random pairings attacking my build instead of ai's. Needless to say, the knob cost everyone the win, but I enjoyed the banter as I watched his beast mode ride get shredded. AI's left me alone as I just parked and watched.

Rage on folks, but better rethink how you do raids. I rather enjoy them more now that I adapted. Even when 11k ai's show up, I can runaway faster than the beastmode gods, then do as much damage as I can and hope the beast mode gods can deal withthier creations. Win/Loss becomes irrelevant at a certain point of the game. When I see a 10k build in the pairings I just assume a loss if we only get 1 monster build. No worries though, will eventually get the win, but it's still fin watching people rage out bevause THEY created 10k bots lmao.

i am aware of players leaving issue

my suggestion is to not ruin the game fro everyone else when someone leaves

punishing people for leaving caould be a solution, but it would still ruin the game if someone leaves

Amazing 4-step solution to completely eliminate players leaving raids early!

1) Don't make them 10+ minutes of monotony.

2) Offer a decent reward for completion so there's incentive to stay.

3) Stop hiding tiny pointless requirements on the second line of mission requirements...people will often leave the first few days of new missions because they realized "I equipped cannons, but none of my kills for the next 12 minutes will count toward my missions because I didn't equip a friggin radio..." and then they leave, re-equip, and re-queue.

4) Either make them easier, or make it so you respawn without having to "insert another coin" by way of rebuild kits or whatever the game calls them. I don't personally find them difficult - only long and boring - but the first days of new mission seasons always has me paired with 3 Aces who are WAY too low of a PS, or who have no idea what to do, resulting in several losses on *NORMAL* raids...wasting my fuel and my time.

5 minutes ago, Seanwilliams78 said:

"snip"

but the first days of new mission seasons always has me paired with 3 Aces who are WAY too low of a PS, or who have no idea what to do, resulting in several losses on *NORMAL* raids...wasting my fuel and my time.

There is almost ZERO incentive to win. Destroy 50 raiders/15 players. Think anyone really cares about your "win"? 

Low builds are goid in raids, usually fast and effective, and since you don't understand that aspect of it, you blame your losses on people who do understand it.

Last season I completed almost all of the hard season in pretty much one build. 5 - 6k depending on chalkenge requirements. This includes wins on hard raids as well as destroying players. Would have completed the entire season, along with easy and normal, if I had not fallen into a food coma.

Your 10k vehicle is only producing 10k AI's, making it that much harder on yourself actually. 

Do this, try a 5 - 6k build for a bit, see how it works out for you. Destroying 70 raiders in just 2 raids works quite well for me, and I still go for the win while huge lumbering tanks are running in circles trying for them 3 kills.

Yep, I die, but always in glorious fashion, none of that cheap SD unless I have no wheels. If my vehicle moves, I'm fighting for the win. Try a low build, then come back and whine about it. Fair enough?

Except my builds are 5-7k. Lol. In fact, my all-blue-weapon 6.5k build will routinely out-score 10k and 12k players. But I can't always carry everyone. Nice try I guess, but that's what happens when you assume. ;)

29 minutes ago, Seanwilliams78 said:

1) Don't make them 10+ minutes of monotony.

2) Offer a decent reward for completion so there's incentive to stay.

3) Stop hiding tiny pointless requirements on the second line of mission requirements...people will often leave the first few days of new missions because they realized "I equipped cannons, but none of my kills for the next 12 minutes will count toward my missions because I didn't equip a friggin radio..." and then they leave, re-equip, and re-queue.

4) Either make them easier, or make it so you respawn without having to "insert another coin" by way of rebuild kits or whatever the game calls them. I don't personally find them difficult - only long and boring - but the first days of new mission seasons always has me paired with 3 Aces who are WAY too low of a PS, or who have no idea what to do, resulting in several losses on *NORMAL* raids...wasting my fuel and my time.

this would not stop leaving, but rather only make them more fun

as i said-leaving cant be stopped, but its effect can be made less noticable(making the game easier when someone left)

21 minutes ago, Seanwilliams78 said:

Except my builds are 5-7k. Lol. In fact, my all-blue-weapon 6.5k build will routinely out-score 10k and 12k players. But I can't always carry everyone. Nice try I guess, but that's what happens when you assume. ;)

Well, you must then assemble a team of 4 friends and run all the same build, all it takes is the one 10k player to show up. This is the biggest problem with MM, there is no balance. And even after putting together a team of 4 players running 4500 builds exactly, we planned it that way, did a bunch of math during build, each hunting down the proper parys to get that exact build. Matchmaking brings in a 5th player(pvp) and now the other team is all 8k + builds. Same with raids, gotta work with 4 friends with equal builds or deal with insane MM. I usually run solo so I deal with MM issues daily.

Now here's my advantage, I'm kinda crazy and will just go crazy until I get killed, usually by making the opponents chase me around for the easy kill they may or may not get, even stole a last second win by doing this. Fools chased me from one circle to the next and back again, until those last few seconds when I dipped into theier circle and time ran out, easy win for me, not an easy kill for Tank God.

Of course, next match Tank God got his squad to target me, ignoring everyone else, easy enough win for us, they chased me right into a xxxxstorm ;)

I agree...I've queued with a 14k player while in a 7k build. It's annoying.

But it seems a lot of people forget - the MM system can only pull from players who are currently logged on, and currently in a queue.

If the playerbase is low (which it is), or if the server isn't at a peak hour (taking into consideration which continents and time zones have the most players, and at what time of day), then MM is forced to stretch the boundaries in order to make a match.

The fix for this lies in focusing on player recruitment and retention simultaneously. No new players = MM will only get worse, never better.

Instead of nerfing the bots, why not buff the player?

Last resort: The less player alive, the more dmg they deal / less dmg they take.

Then again, an idea like this might promote bad behave for some 10-12k player...like "hey Ace, try hold down backspace, i heard its a hidden turbo thing" or "hey Aces, please kill yourself so i can boost you guys".

Or they can adju the bots to the player level (and not the team level), just so ppl with 2k can feel as usefull as someone with 12k+, but again, that might be to much for the game to handle?

1 hour ago, Assassia said:

Instead of nerfing the bots, why not buff the player?

Last resort: The less player alive, the more dmg they deal / less dmg they take.

Then again, an idea like this might promote bad behave for some 10-12k player...like "hey Ace, try hold down backspace, i heard its a hidden turbo thing" or "hey Aces, please kill yourself so i can boost you guys".

Or they can adju the bots to the player level (and not the team level), just so ppl with 2k can feel as usefull as someone with 12k+, but again, that might be to much for the game to handle?

would have the same effect as my suggestion-esier games with less players

On 5/15/2018 at 11:18 AM, jancc said:

i just had a game where in the first wave 2 of our players left and my teammate was killed in the next wave

i know that it is unavoidable to sto players from leaving they could at least make raids with less players easier, by either deacreasing their HP and damage or spawning less of them

Yesss

On 9/17/2019 at 10:08 PM, dexterrrrrrr said:

On 9/17/2019

1 hour ago, AmongstEnemies said:

holy xxxx can u not necro

1 hour ago

:lol:

• Haha 2

On 5/15/2018 at 12:18 PM, jancc said:

It currently works like this: if they die BUT don't leave the match, the algorithm understands they are still playing and don't scale down the difficulty, but IF they die and leave, the match gets easier.

You wanna know if the player is a leaver or not? Right on their name while holding Tab: if you can mute them, they are still there, if not they left the match.

That is the case with leavers and leechs, but if you play a match alone and is having trouble winning it, then your car isn't as efficient as you think and you hould rebuild it.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, AmongstEnemies said:

OMG, just notice that!

image.png

Really @IHBD? Really?

Edited by lucashc90
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, dexterrrrrrr said:

At this point i think some new people dont want to open new topics so they just necro. Wouldnt be the worst reasoning.

I think they are forum Goblins searching for obscure posts just to mess with us.

• Haha 2

19 hours ago, AmongstEnemies said:

You really gotta either calm your tits with backseat moderation, or get appointed as Mod. It's not as if you were the shining herald of forum etiquette. Maybe if you weren't shitposting hard with your boring one-liners and images...

Also... bumping a month old thread and quoting the wrong user to whine about a necro... are you dense?

Edited by Clebardman
  • Confused 2