Spedemix

Need help fighting against Kapkan (the new minelayer).

Hi fellow survivors!

I was thinking we could set up a discussion about how to fight against the new minelayer. What kind of tactics do you employ or what have discovered when fighting against it etc. I'm not necessarily asking for a nerf but I'm slightly troubled at how to beat it.

Many who play in 10K PS (in PC) knows I play mostly ML 200 builds. This new minelayer weapon is giving me a huge headache. First of all it seems the deployed mines don't show up in radar or get marked in red like enemies and drones do. So basically you'd relying on visual cues the same way you'd rely on cloaked enemies: you need to watch the ground for deployed mines. This really dificult to do especially if you're fighting an enemy. Any tips on spotting the mines and not going into them?

Once the mine captures you it's really difficult to get out of it. At least the leg builds cannot simply rip themselves out. Are you suppose to be able to snap the cable by ripping it off?

Shooting the mine/cable is apparently the main strategy to get oneself off the hook. However lot of the times the mine you're hooked into is so close to you you can't shoot it. On wheeled builds the minelayer often attaches to your back which means it's really difficult to turn around and shoot the mine. With leg builds the turning isn't as much of a problem but often times my guns are so high I can't shoot the ground next to me. Can you destroy the mine by driving over it just like you can destroy a turret?

Having a teammate around obviously help. If you can't shoot the mine off your teammate can. Are you suppose to shoot the cable or the mine or does both options work?

Thanks for your help!! :)

Wait, I lied; I do have one thing that ought to be changed about the weapon: Teammates mines show up on the radar and get marked up. I think enemies mine should too once they've captured somebody. Otherwise it's really difficult to see exactly where the mine is especially if it's deployed against dark ground or in a bush.

1) the snare is temporary. 

2) shoot the cable

3) shoot the turret/mine

4) encourage teamwork...teach people to free snared friendlies

5) do not YOLO or go alone, making #4 easier

1)get spark and other weapon with good build

2)easy to destroy the traps

3)free doing YOLO attempt

4)if the traps appear again , repeat number 2

5)kill enemy or cap the base

6)profit! xd

• Thanks 1

I've been away for a little while and haven't gotten a chance to play with the mine layer yet, but I'm curious if you have grinders do those take out the mines if you strafe into them or simply drive over the mine itself? 

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, LycanHammer said:

I've been away for a little while and haven't gotten a chance to play with the mine layer yet, but I'm curious if you have grinders do those take out the mines if you strafe into them or simply drive over the mine itself? 

I run a Harvester most times. When they snare you, it's usually pretty difficult to turn around to grind them, but they die as easily as a turret. Would stand to reason Meat Grinders will take them out as well.

Where the Kapkan needs serious tweaking is its reload time. That or the active time of the mine once deployed. In its current state, you can deploy a new one before the first one disappears, meaning if the timing is right you can keep someone (or someones, since they grab multiple targets) rooted in place until you run out of mines.

Edited by PickleRiiiiick

the only issue i've had was in shooting them once the reel you or others in, they are so close to or under the snared vehicle that targeting them is pointless, 

I think the should i've visible on the minimap ( at maybe half radar range or once snare is in use) having a element in game that is perpetually invisible Is not good for anyone)

I dunno. I feel like they're kind of a novelty/niche deployable - they don't seem to make or break a game.

I have been able to free myself almost every time so far.

I kinda like that people can drop more than one, and that they might be a little harder to see...changes the game play up a little and forces people to adapt. Maybe it will encourage teamwork.

This is one of the least adaptable player bases I've ever seen though.

"We decided to increase the blue saturation of the text on part descriptions."
"I'M OUT. THIS GAME IS JUNK AND DEVS DON'T KNOW WHAT THEY ARE DOING. 22,394 HOURS AND $2500 IN AND IT JUST KEEPS GETTING WORSE ARGLBARGLWARGL."

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

14 minutes ago, PickleRiiiiick said:

"I'M OUT. THIS GAME IS JUNK AND DEVS DON'T KNOW WHAT THEY ARE DOING. 22,394 HOURS AND $2500 IN AND IT JUST KEEPS GETTING WORSE ARGLBARGLWARGL."

This x100000000000. I totally agree.

And from the complaints and suggestions, the lack of life/college/job experience becomes so painfully obvious.

PS, when are they adding participation trophies?!

Edited by Guest

Please stay on the topic. Thank you :)

So you can ram the mine - at least theoretically speaking. Good to know! Thanks! :)

• Haha 1

23 hours ago, PickleRiiiiick said:

i wholeheartedly agree with you everyone keeps on complaining about the updates and crap and honestly i haven't seen a large change aside from my builds being slower

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, enginer455 said:

i wholeheartedly agree with you everyone keeps on complaining about the updates and crap and honestly i haven't seen a large change aside from my builds being slower

I've got my own gripes with recent updates, but nothing that, for example, makes me want to come unhinged and spend all day ranting in chat instead of actually playing the game.

Anyway, on topic.

Shortly after the update dropped, I played a match on Rock City where someone on the other team dropped at least five Kapkan anchors at the base entrances. FIVE, roughly in a circle. Given the deployment delay, I was smack in the middle of all of them. Stood no chance.

I would like to express my frustration toward that guy, but at the same time, I want to tell him, "Well played."

Edited by PickleRiiiiick

1 hour ago, PickleRiiiiick said:

I've got my own gripes with recent updates, but nothing that, for example, makes me want to come unhinged and spend all day ranting in chat instead of actually playing the game.

Anyway, on topic.

Shortly after the update dropped, I played a match on Rock City where someone on the other team dropped at least five Kapkan anchors at the base entrances. FIVE, roughly in a circle. Given the deployment delay, I was smack in the middle of all of them. Stood no chance.

I would like to express my frustration toward that guy, but at the same time, I want to tell him, "Well played."

yikes must've sucked to be you 

They are visually visible... but hard to spot especially if you are preoccupied. And some smart enemies often try to lure you in. Like that guy in one of my games today. Single enemy with no support.... of course I chase him.... soon he will be dead. He wait... why cant I move anymore? And what now... throwing things at me? Come on... an incinerator.... have fun with my armor.... soon you will be mine!

Gas generator: I really really dislike heat....

Me: Ohh crap!

Teammates: Where is our tank? And what is the source of this skyhigh fireball over there?

The incinerator really works great with it. Its normally meh damage is only meh because people move out of the flames... if they cant do it anymore.... damage is quite severe... not to mention that most people mount their volatile stuff at the bottom...

• Haha 2

I think I saw that dude on my team^^

Littered our base with the mines. Once somebody got stuck he literally set fire to the rain! :DD

Today it seems the mines are visible on the radar just like drones. I could swear that wasn't the case when I started the topic!

Edited by Spedemix

Kapkan mines are cool. When you own them. I was surrounded by 5 mines. And of course, my spider was killed until I tried to shoot the mines.

Shooting the mine is indeed one of the best tactics so far. If I run an underslung weapon configuration it's not really a problem.

However it feels like the mine hitbox is way too small! If I blast a mine with 6 goblins at a point-blank range I do 9 damage because most of the bullets miss. :DD

Kapkan mine is prolly one of the best things you can put on your car for 2 energy.  Shuts down most fixed gun builds and melee instantly.

Seen a pure Lance build behind me tryn to catch up... Dropped 2 mines out the sides of my car trapped him in place. Turned around and just ate him from behind with my harvesters.

Kapkan is a mine not a turret. Different mechanics. Hints why it stays after you die and can set multiple at once. 

I love  kapkans mines. Makes my hit and run type play style more fun and doable. Plus I feel like I help my team more now instead of just ramming and eating with harvesters