ARES_IV

What rare (blue) cabin are you using and why?

What blue/rare cabin are you using and why?   

64 members have voted

1. 1. What blue/rare cabin are you using?

• Growl
    • Jawbreaker
    • Wyvern
    • Bat
    • Fury
    • Pilgrim
    • Carapace
    • Bear
    • Trucker
    • Hot Rod
    • Jockey
    • I dont use a blue/rare cabin.
  2. 2. Why are you using it?

• I dont use a blue/rare cabin.
    • I use it because I consider both stats and design to my liking.
    • I use it because I like its design even when the stats are dissapointing
    • I use it because of its stats even when I dislike its ugly design.
    • I use it for other reasons - please post them.

What blue cabin are you using and why?

Are you using it because you like the way the cabin looks?

Are you using it because you like the stats of the cabin?

A combination of the two?

What is more important for you... form or function?

I am using a Pilgrim Hauler and a Carapace Hauler.

The Pilgrim is a faster Jawbreaker alternative that can carry only slightly less while being notable faster. Drawbacks include lower durability and a limited frame connection at the bottom. I also really really like its design and engine noise although I am quite annoyed that instead of a unrealistic CVT it now - even more unrealistic - shift gears. 

The Carapace is the only heavy blue cabin with 10 energy as well as having a great build box, high carry capacity and durability. I also like its design although not as much as the Pilgrim.

Edited by ARES_IV

I use growl wyvern and my favorite. The pack exclusive hot rod cab.

So... does our lone trucker user use this cabin for stats or for design?

Growl: Cabin I use; Because it has 11 Energy; Because it's speed is exceptional. Even though; I dislike it's mass and tonnage limitations, Dislike it's low durability.  Acceptable weld points.

Bat: Cabin I don't use;  I like it's design, like weld points, like tonnage and mass limits, like durability,  it's speed is above acceptable, Dislike losing one energy point.

Bat on most 5-6k builds now. More Structure. Fast. Decent Energy. Awesome sound. Looks cool. 

bat, always

for me it's got by far the best handling of any cab.  It's still fast when it's around 7 or 8 thousand kilo, personally the speed difference is worth 1 energy all day.  Looks dope.  Horn goes noot noot.  Cheap to fuse, got 5500 tonnage now.  

<3 bat

Blue cabs are exclusively for people who can't afford better gear. They have no advantage. 

• Confused 2

3 hours ago, ROACHOR said:

Blue cabs are exclusively for people who can't afford better gear. They have no advantage. 

I run 3x fafnir + chameleon on a bat.  I've tried quantum, tusk, cerberus, werewolf-- even tho I can run colossus instead of hot red, bat is better.  Maybe I could replace it if I fused a quantum to get the same tonnage I've got on bat, maybe if I run oppressor on werewolf so it can carry a little weight without slowing down so much, maybe they'll fix cerberus physics someday, I don't know.  On paper they were better but in combat the only real advantage they had was raising my PS to around 7500 so I could fight 10k+ PS builds.

Bear, because I built a heavily armoured and heavily armed truck around the Hunstman and needed a pickup cab with the same footprint to directly replace it, when the Hunstman started getting a bit long-in-the-tooth. The Bear is the most badass looking pickup cabin, so I went with it. I really like the Bear.

Wyvern, on a lighter, faster, less well armed build. I received the Wyvern from a crate, so decided to make something with it. Long, narrow, 8-wheeled beast, with the cabin in the centre. I like it. I especially like the noise!

Bat, as I wanted to make a fast, hit-and-run flanking vehicle. Liked the idea of making a post-apocalyptic hot-rod, with an engine mounted in-front of the cab and exposed at the top, so you can see it rumbling away. Twin wasps hit hard, but the whole thing is soooo damn fragile (in order to preserve speed and acceleration), that you can't risk taking hits AT ALL!! I like this car, but I'm not sure I'll keep it.

Trucker, I wanted to make a slow, huge, heavy and massively armoured machine, that also looked like a realistic lorry. So that's why I chose the Trucker cab. I've kept the cabin and truck body completely in-line, with the wheels within the arches and the weapons faired-in. Nothing juts out. I'm especially pleased with how this one turned out, it looks like a Dakar Rally racing lorry! Only, it's slow... and it has guns on it.

Also received a Growl in a crate, but got rid of it! I know it's really good, but I can't make it look good!!

21 hours ago, ROACHOR said:

No. :006j:. I , and I’m sure others, use whatever we feel like. If I stay around 6k, bat for.. what everyone says lol speed n look, or jawbreaker if I wanna use canons.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, _PraetoR_ said:

Trucker, I wanted to make a slow, huge, heavy and massively armoured machine, that also looked like a realistic lorry. So that's why I chose the Trucker cab. I've kept the cabin and truck body completely in-line, with the wheels within the arches and the weapons faired-in. Nothing juts out. I'm especially pleased with how this one turned out, it looks like a Dakar Rally racing lorry! Only, it's slow... and it has guns on it.

Intereresting. Any screenshots/exhibition?

How do you feel about its combat performance? Trucker having only 9 energy is considered a uncompetive cabin by many people.

7 hours ago, ARES_IV said:

Intereresting. Any screenshots/exhibition?

How do you feel about its combat performance? Trucker having only 9 energy is considered a uncompetive cabin by many people.

Sure.

Sorry about the terrible pictures, I'm on a ship in the Atlantic Ocean, right now. Had to rip these screenshots from crappy videos I have on my phone... complete with screen glare! I can't get any proper screenshots for just over a week, yet.

As for the lorry... the Wasp is mostly for distraction and an opportunistic first strike. People get hit by a heavy volley of rockets and either back off, or -more usually and of better benefit for me- they run at me and try to shoot the Wasp off... which brings them straight in-front of the chin-mounted shotguns... which nobody seems to notice, until they're WAAAAY too close! I spend the vast majority of battles, running around with the Wasp already shot off and doing the damage with the twin shotguns.

Screenshot_2018-06-04-00-51-46.png.dd6f7

Screenshot_2018-06-04-00-53-53.png.11dce

Screenshot_2018-06-04-00-52-58.png.95235

Screenshot_2018-06-04-00-54-44.png.6abe5

Screenshot_2018-06-04-00-54-23.png.f3f26

Reference Dakar Truck:

bffcdbe95fb97314b4d4cba4795468ce.jpg

Honestly, I like this cab. Yes, it has one less energy than the rest, but it's TOUGH!! It has loads of hit points and just soaks up abuse. I face-tank damage in this thing like you wouldn't believe. If it had one more energy, I'd simply use the Dun Horse, instead of the Hardcore, but that's it. I still have very effective main weapons plus the purple cooler (radiator? I can't remember), to bring-down the reload time on the shotguns.

Edited by _PraetoR_
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Upvote 2

Pretty sweet. I be honest thou, a fake wasp should be doable with some pipes and grills and some paint.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, howardxu23 said:

Pretty sweet. I be honest thou, a fake wasp should be doable with some pipes and grills and some paint.

True! Although I don't actively go out of my way to have people target the Wasp. It can rack-up some pretty big numbers, so I like having it... even though I usually lose it!

On 6/1/2018 at 11:33 PM, HAILCAESAR01481 said:

Bat on most 5-6k builds now. More Structure. Fast. Decent Energy. Awesome sound. Looks cool. 

Same....

At the moment I use a growl Hauler with that blue heavy engine (forgot the name), Gives good tonnage for decent armor and is super fast and agile.

20 hours ago, _PraetoR_ said:

Sure.

Sorry about the terrible pictures, I'm on a ship in the Atlantic Ocean, right now. Had to rip these screenshots from crappy videos I have on my phone... complete with screen glare! I can't get any proper screenshots for just over a week, yet.

As for the lorry... the Wasp is mostly for distraction and an opportunistic first strike. People get hit by a heavy volley of rockets and either back off, or -more usually and of better benefit for me- they run at me and try to shoot the Wasp off... which brings them straight in-front of the chin-mounted shotguns... which nobody seems to notice, until they're WAAAAY too close! I spend the vast majority of battles, running around with the Wasp already shot off and doing the damage with the twin shotguns.

Screenshot_2018-06-04-00-51-46.png.dd6f7

Screenshot_2018-06-04-00-53-53.png.11dce

Screenshot_2018-06-04-00-52-58.png.95235

Screenshot_2018-06-04-00-54-44.png.6abe5

Screenshot_2018-06-04-00-54-23.png.f3f26

Reference Dakar Truck:

bffcdbe95fb97314b4d4cba4795468ce.jpg

Honestly, I like this cab. Yes, it has one less energy than the rest, but it's TOUGH!! It has loads of hit points and just soaks up abuse. I face-tank damage in this thing like you wouldn't believe. If it had one more energy, I'd simply use the Dun Horse, instead of the Hardcore, but that's it. I still have very effective main weapons plus the purple cooler (radiator? I can't remember), to bring-down the reload time on the shotguns.

Nice design. :012j:

• Thanks 1

Pilgrim - The design gave me the idea for a futuristic apc. The 'Salamander' is the vehicle which you'll see me use the most, in both raids and missions.

Crossout_20180605163159.thumb.jpg.b370b9

Bat -  I liked the low profile of the Bat cabin, which allowed me to cover most of it using armored tracks. 

Crossout_20180605163057.thumb.jpg.3eba14Crossout_20180408000321.thumb.jpg.bd99e6

Trucker - The first 'blue tier' cabin I made. Before the energy changes, it allowed me to tanky trucks like the one below. Eventually, I replaced it with the Humpback, but it made a second appearance as my low-tier 'Blockade' build. I eventually replaced it with the Humpback as well.

Crossout_20180120152241.thumb.jpg.650d9eCrossout_20180605163219.thumb.jpg.459815

• Like 1

ARES_IV- Thank you :)

VortexSymphony- That does look like a futuristic APC! Sort of thing I could see patrolling a moon, or alien landscape!

• Like 1