What epic (purple) cabin are you using and why?

ARES_IV

1. What purple/epic cabin are you using and why?   

85 members have voted

1. 1. 1. What purple/epic cabin are you using?

• Ghost
    • Quantum
    • Steppe Spider
    • Humpback
    • Cerberus
    • Werewolf
    • Icebox
    • Tusk
    • I dont use a purple/epic cabin.
    • Torero (inserted into poll on 09.10.2018)
  2. 2. Why are you using it?

• I dont use a purple/epic cabin.
    • I use it because I consider both stats and design to my liking.
    • I use it because I like its design even when the stats are dissapointing
    • I use it because of its stats even when I dislike its ugly design.
    • I use it for other reasons - please post them.

What purple cabin are you using and why?

Are you using it because you like the way the cabin looks?

Are you using it because you like the stats of the cabin?

A combination of the two?

What is more important for you... form or function?

I am using the Quantum for both its design and awesome stats as well as the nice engine sound it - used - to have.

I am planning to buy a Steppe Spider... but the eye watering price tag makes that a though decision. I am still hoping for a better alternative for the Humpback which I consider overall poor.

Edited by ARES_IV

Im using a humpback, because the quantum is unplayable atm.

• Sad 1

using quantum because it is the first and only epic cab I have

it was also similar enough in dimensions to Wyvern that I did not need to remake my main craft that much

1 minute ago, CptLeon said:

Why did you feel the need to make essentially 3 duplicate threads?

To keep it in an orderly manner. We have a lot of cabin in the game and having them all in a single poll would probably look rather untidy as well as making the information less valuable. After all it could be that people value design more strongly at lower rarity levels than performance compared to higher rarities.

My Jawbreaker gets the most use these days.

I occasionally use Humpback, Icebox. Just bought a Quantum, but might sell it.

The Jawbreaker build I have gets the job done, while not inflating my PS too much (6750 with 12 ep worth of weapons).

I find I don't need the epic cabins too often, and some of the perks aren't useful to me (ie, Quantum, Steppe Spider perks...I don't own or use energy weapons or legs). I kinda wish the perks were more universal. The PS jump also tends to queue higher average PS' which often means I'm facing people with a lot more coins spent and hours played, so the win rate tends to go down a little.

37 minutes ago, ARES_IV said:

To keep it in an orderly manner. We have a lot of cabin in the game and having them all in a single poll would probably look rather untidy as well as making the information less valuable. After all it could be that people value design more strongly at lower rarity levels than performance compared to higher rarities.

None of that makes any sense. You didn't need polls, you asked for what cabs they use AND why. This information is inherently worthless, nothing you could do would make it less "valuable". If you were actually trying to get info on how people build you would have asked which CABS (plural) they use because the only people who use a single white/blue are new players that often don't even know how armor even works. 

Maybe stop trying to flood the forums and inflate your post count. 

• Confused 1
  • Upvote 1

I use the Steppe Spider Cabin for 90% of the time. :DD

That probably comes to no surprise for anybody who've seen me in battlefield.

The reason why Steppe is because it's pretty much the only reasonable cabin to be used with Mechanical Legs. Anything else is just too slow. I might not mind the slowness of the legs when using other cabins if for those pesky physics issues like people pushing you like you were made out of cardboard. With Steppe you're barely fast enough to keep avoiding other players - barely! :D

The Steppe is also pretty much the final word for raids too because of it's high energy and high mass when used with wheels.

I personally use 3 (sometimes 4) Epic cabins. Which one I use depends on what I need to do.

For the bigger builds I actually have 2 Humpback's, One upgraded for Tonnage which I use for PvP and one for Mass, which I use for Clan Wars. The cabin has a nice perk and with Apollo Gen I get 15 power points to play with.

For Raids I use the Steppie Spider Cabin. I used to use Quantum until I got this. The steppie has more durability and allows me to get the maximum 16 energy points. Same as Quantum

For my smaller builds I tend to use the Quantum. Its easy to work with and has 12 energy points.

The only time I may switch is when lancing people, I alternate between the Quantum and Tusk. Still not sure which one I prefer for this. But even then, saying that, I'm hoping to the Ghost Cabin soon so... That will become my go-to Cabin for lancing when eventually get one.

Edited by MajHerbHead

use tusk an cerberus now an then for extra tonnage versions of the growl but for the most part anything else I don't have a need more when I have a carapace 

Humpback for the heavy slow stuff, Ghost for melee, Quantum for pretty much everything else.

I use quantum and humpback but i can chose 2 in the pole. Both are fused , one for toonage and other for masss limit.

I use a quantum - although neither the stats nor design are to my liking. I'd rather a jeep cabin with stats similar to a ghost (but maybe with more tonnage and a weaker perk). 

Humpback, cause I have that MUST BUILD EVERYTHING BIG mentality, and it’s also ensenstially a box, so it’s easy to build around it or do whatever you want with it.

I use the Quantum the most. and tied between the steppe and humpy

Quantum because it's very versatile, right now use it in all of my builds, on hovers because its long, so a sideways hover has it's hovers very well protected. And on wheels because it has awesome mass, tonnage and power given how fast it is.

Tusk, it's the coolest cabin, plus it's perk is awesome when can be used(although not worth the 300 additional PS).

2 hours ago, EVAN_WILLAMS said:

I use a tusk because I'm a cute little piggy.

Fify

I've been using Quantum for ages. Few weeks ago I got my first real heavy cabin, Icebox, made some heavy Tsunani builds, made some medium track(Nomad) version as well as with monster wheel. But the coins keep coming from crafting and playing, so I brought the other purple pack only cabin, Steppe Spider, very similiar to Quantum expect slower and somewhat more mass limit.

So I've been using Quantum a lot but it's being now superseded by these two cabins. I don't think I need Quantum for raids, though I haven't yet made a new raid build with the Steppe Spider. Quantum could only be useful with hovers, I have them but I really have not much played with hovers. I'll probably keep a Quantum but I might not have any blueprints for it when I make new builds using my new cabins.

Aesthetics side, most cabins are pretty meh. They are basically just boxes of different sizes. I like the long glass of Quantum but besides that, nothing is pretty or ugly. Even Quantum as whole is pretty meh, because it's so small and mostly rectangular.

Expect Icobox is really nice, it looks like a real cabin. It has clear lines and different sections. It doesn't look like it's been pressed.

23 hours ago, ByiTyi said:

Expect Icobox is really nice, it looks like a real cabin. It has clear lines and different sections. It doesn't look like it's been pressed.

I get your point even if I disagree about your taste.

The problem for the devs however is that cabin size and shape as well as connections are a major balancing factor that can decide success and failure.

For combat.. you in general want to have a small cabin because it can be better protected for the same amount of armor.

Icebox is useless because of it's height. Makes it tip over easily, sticks out over goliaths, few attachment points in the front, narrow back connections, fenders block placement of armor, etc.

The 10% dmg buff isn't enough to justify all the negatives. 

• Upvote 1

• 4 months later...

There should be a button to disable the stats and reduce the points of the cabin to normal or make them universal and meaningful,  cause it forces us to play them a certain way and its sad and a waste of awesome design  :(

• Confused 1