Sign in to follow this  
WaxyChicken

Developer's Logic?

you forgot the part where the convo goes south;

"well why aren't there more players in the USA?"

"Oh well we ticked off that player base by being terribly unresponsive and focusing on revenue generation."

*cue Benny Hill skit of American players chasing a Developer of Crossout here.*

Edited by TKG_actual
hit enter too early
  • Thanks 2

You forgot the part where they apparently lacked advertising in the USA very much. I didn't find the game until i was surfing steam.

• Upvote 1

"What? I'm getting 20 FPS? why is that?"

"We tied the FPS to the ping."

"Then connect me to a USA server in my own region."

"Why would we do that? No one in the USA plays the game for long"

"Gee... I wonder why." :007j:

Just now, TKG_actual said:

no I didn't that falls under 'revenue generation'

"Why aren't there more USA players?"

"We didn't advertise as much in the USA, so many didn't hear of us."

"Why didn't you advertise in the USA more?"

"Because for some reason there aren't any USA players."  :007:

wow seriously, Isn't that the truth, I'd have never heard of crossout if a freind who has a massive library of steam games had not run across it first.

I mis-titled it though. i should of called it "Publisher's Logic".  the folks coding aren't responsible for the publishing and marketing.

4 hours ago, WaxyChicken said:

I mis-titled it though. i should of called it "Publisher's Logic".  the folks coding aren't responsible for the publishing and marketing.

no problems man, the point was clear!

2 hours ago, sam93931 said:

thx for the good laugh... now I'm gonna cry :(

Nah it's alright, hopefully things get better given this is not the worst open beta I've ever seen....look up Auto Assault.

They call it open beta, but it's not.

It's official release date was 1 year ago. March 30 2017 for XBOX One, PS4 and MS Windows.

if it's still open beta after selling so many copies to actual consoles and PC's and migrating to a F2P platform then they will never make a "Finished" version.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, WaxyChicken said:

They call it open beta, but it's not.

It's official release date was 1 year ago. March 30 2017 for XBOX One, PS4 and MS Windows.

if it's still open beta after selling so many copies to actual consoles and PC's and migrating to a F2P platform then they will never make a "Finished" version.

they will, cause its a good publicity stunt, just like they did with war thunder. "hey look, open beta for our new game, come come come".. 2 years later "hey the game is released, come come come". The word beta doesn't mean anything anymore, especially in free to play games. When the game is available for everyone and they take money from their players, I'll judge and review the game as if it was released.

No matter how they call it, cause even when the game gonna be officially "released", they still gonna work on the game anyway!

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, WaxyChicken said:

You forgot the part where they apparently lacked advertising in the USA very much. I didn't find the game until i was surfing steam.

Same here. I was actively searching for games to play, and XO was buried deep within a list of dozens of other games I had never heard of.

This game has (had?) the potential to be a mega-hit. But there are a variety of setbacks that prevent this from happening, and it seems the leadership doesn't have the vision or the foresight to address them before they miss their chance to save this game and put it back on the right path.

The reviews on Steam alone should be enough for management to wake the f*ck up. Granted, you can't take every whiny teenager on the internet seriously - but there's still a general trend here that can't be ignored.

Edited by Guest

8 hours ago, Seanwilliams78 said:

The reviews on Steam alone should be enough for management to wake the f*ck up. Granted, you can't take every whiny teenager on the internet seriously - but there's still a general trend here that can't be ignored.

D*** straight, if they cant see the screw up they need better glasses!

• Thanks 1

I don't think this game can be really popular. The crafting and building is too "complicated", most people like games where you just simply log in and go fight the enemy.

16 hours ago, ByiTyi said:

I don't think this game can be really popular. The crafting and building is too "complicated", most people like games where you just simply log in and go fight the enemy.

Not to be rude, but if you think Crossout has a complex system, you clearly have not been playing any games with either crafting or building systems.

• Upvote 1

17 hours ago, ByiTyi said:

5 minutes ago, TKG_actual said:

Not to be rude, but if you think Crossout has a complex system, you clearly have not been playing any games with either crafting or building systems.

^ this guy has it right. It's ludicrously easy to make a functional vehicle. Any complexity present really only kicks in when you want a /personalised/ and /effective/ craft. 

The customisation aspect honestly is a HUGE draw to a lot of people. The fact that creative talent can lead to an in game advantage is another HUGE draw to a lot of people. And you know what? If you have neither a creative nor a tactical eye - there's the exhibition. 

3 hours ago, Gentlemouse said:

^ this guy has it right. It's ludicrously easy to make a functional vehicle. Any complexity present really only kicks in when you want a /personalised/ and /effective/ craft. 

The customisation aspect honestly is a HUGE draw to a lot of people. The fact that creative talent can lead to an in game advantage is another HUGE draw to a lot of people. And you know what? If you have neither a creative nor a tactical eye - there's the exhibition. 

Yeah I know right, the hardest part is deciding what you want and also if you have the parts to make it happen. It was the building part of Crossout that sold me on it, the mad max aesthetic made sure I was hooked.

20 hours ago, ByiTyi said:

The only thing holding this game back is the awful business model.

Massive grind+pay to win, big no no in the western world, so this game will stay dead. Had it been handled differently, Targem/Gaijin would have trouble finding enough servers to fit all players, the potential this game HAD, was limitless.

30 minutes ago, GammaClash said:

The only thing holding this game back is the awful business model.

Massive grind+pay to win, big no no in the western world, so this game will stay dead. Had it been handled differently, Targem/Gaijin would have trouble finding enough servers to fit all players, the potential this game HAD, was limitless.

all they need to do, realistically to fix the business model in the eyes of the player base is make all the unique epics and rares craftable. The grind really isn't that bad. Maybe if all you care about is having fused legendaries then sure... but like - I've spent a total of 50 dollars on this game... which is less than what it costs to get the latest wow expansion - not even considering the lack of subscription. The coins From that probably make up about 1/5th of my accounts worth - which probably just means it's compensated for the money i've lost in quick buy and quick sell and that's about it. I Have ~10-12 energy worth of every blue weapon type in the game, like 10 fused wheels, a bunch of different fused modules, a purple cab, engine, radar detector, generator, 2 bigfoots, 25% decor (including a 100 coin horn), and used quick buy to buy a fafnir today (I'm way too easy to scam). 

I do too. My biggest gripe is that i tell my game options i'm in the US region, but it keeps connecting me to the EU region.

I'd rather wait 20 mins for a slot than be stuck with 300ms ping because the region setting doesn't mean poo.

honestly despite complaints I still consider this game both addictive and enjoyable to play. I just wish they'd advertise to the USA area....

all the nuffing is destroying this game and driving all the player base away 

people put a lot of money and time into this game and then the next  patch all the money and time they put in to get things was for nothing

The developers purposely leave things in this game that are  strong to get people to invest in them and then destroy them

it's just destroying this game and driving players away RIP crossout

1 hour ago, nqbigfoot said:

all the nuffing is destroying this game and driving all the player base away 

people put a lot of money and time into this game and then the next  patch all the money and time they put in to get things was for nothing

The developers purposely leave things in this game that are  strong to get people to invest in them and then destroy them

it's just destroying this game and driving players away RIP crossout

Which, as stated above, is part of their "business model" in Russia, apparently.

Sign in to follow this