Ka1deron

Discussion - [News] Three years since the start of testing

d967af7426eb1111fd7c98867144.jpg

Spoiler

Hello, survivors! Today we celebrate two anniversaries at the same time — not only 3 years since the launch of the alpha version of Crossout but exactly one year since the doors of our game opened for everyone! Let's look back at the milestones in the life of the project.

So, 3 years ago we opened the doors to our first players in a closed alpha test.  After 2 months, the official website of the project was launched, and we managed to visit the two largest gaming exhibitions — E3 in Los Angeles and Gamescom in Cologne.

Скрытый текст

7623e290b7eb3e116f5f9c677972.jpg

f9738131ac3afc8aa51c92236c65.jpg

18644321979bffa25b9b83a3b9e2.jpg

0f6e57c37d45b869668238d97fce.jpg

And in August, we started the first Battle Test, which lasted until September 9. The players not only quickly got used to the mechanics of Crossout, but also began to actively create, use and share their crafts.

Скрытый текст

4af51738437770555a031c699411.jpg

c17b91bf04668cefd88a0e821e9c.jpg

8f56a56a9eefd7f987cb4aa46b1e.jpg

The next important stage was Battle Test 2, that lasted about 3 months. Having giving access to more players, we also actively hosted various contests, one of which invited participants to create the best scenario for a PvE mode (future Raids).

Скрытый текст

8ac107fa9fc3dd8ddd264635b006.jpg

d52b4a19f3ee100af795de8267dc.jpg

63325a54643075159367e55df277.jpg

In December 2015 we launched Battle Test 3, where we made a lot of changes into the game, with the main feature being the introduction of factions, that the players could join as they progressed in the game.

The second major innovation was a complete revision of the repair system — now the only parts with durability were parts of a complex type (weapons, equipment, etc.)

Скрытый текст

cec89f8911123995a8305e657b4e.png

c4fb31887fc824d4252e1efb7879.jpg

ff876ad41d43df33cc1a0d93c4dc.jpg

The last stage of the Battle Test lasted until April 5. It was on this day that the Closed Beta Test was launched. At the transition to this stage of the development of the game, we added a new map ‘Founders Canyon’, and players were given the opportunity to build formidable ‘Leviathans’ — powerful armored cars controlled by artificial intelligence.

Скрытый текст

90239aa8411eaa480de0c19e9d6e.jpg

3e4fe89fe6f2912502ab7f1dfa2e.jpg

2bd557d23d8c1fed9ef9664bda76.jpg

During the CBT, we launched servers in the US and Canada, introduced three full-fledged game modes, updated the parts system, added support for clans and eliminated many in-game bugs.

And May 30, 2017 marked a really significant date in the history of Crossout — the long-awaited start of Open Beta Testing, which continues to this day.

Together with the start of testing Crossout appeared on the consoles. You can play on PS4 and Xbox One, just download the game through the official stores. In a year, the new audience became a full-fledged part of our community. In turn, Crossout for PC has become friendlier and more technologically advanced. In the summer of 2017 Crossout was released on Steam, and in July Crossout will stop support of DirectX 9 to concentrate efforts on the eleventh version. This will remove many technical limitations, and the game will become even more beautiful.

Over the past year, three factions joined the fight — Steppenwolfs, Dawn's Children and Firestarters. We also added new varied game modes — from the mad sandbox of ‘Bedlam’, to the swift ‘Big Black Scorpions’ and even the ‘Battle Royale’. Available game modes are displayed as icons on the global map. Now it is implemented as an interface element and makes the Wasteland world more realistic.

Crossout is constantly improving and changing in many ways thanks to you — the players who participated in the testing of the project.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

Nice.

Overall good changes since then I'd guess (wasnt part of closed so i can't say for sure)
Im really happy to have joined after durability was completly gone, kinda sad i missed the lances without energy usage thought :P

We really could use some more decor / structure parts from the closed beta time ;) Also some more odd numbered parts, like 3 wielding points long etc.

• Haha 1

Crossout is my most loved game. I have over 30 AAA Game in steam plus Origin plus Ubiclub but Crossout is so addictive. When you bring Night map ? pleasee

Edited by StreaMRoLLeR
  • Confused 1

No Targem, we thank you that GREAT game, and I wish many strenght for the further developments. This game has becomed a very uniqe kind ofgame, and takover the lead in my personal "Favorite game list"!

P.S. Did you check the Avatar picture in the upper left corner? (1st image) Theres many thing what that image reminds me: "The roof is on fire!" ; "Hovdy, man" ...etc :D

I guess the old Durability System will be finally be canceled so I kept all equipment which has the last point of durability in my warehouse. some 100mm guns (renamed later) and Crickets.

• Upvote 1

WHEN
YOU
ARE
GOING
TO
ADD
ATLEAST
ONE
MORE
PERMANENT
PVP
MODE
WITH
NORMAL
REWARDS
IN 
MISSIONS
???????????????????????????

ANSWER WITH EXACT DATE!!! I HEAR "SOON" ALREADY ONE YEAR!

• Upvote 3

40 minutes ago, Robocraftman said:

I guess the old Durability System will be finally be canceled so I kept all equipment which has the last point of durability in my warehouse. some 100mm guns (renamed later) and Crickets.

Huh? They are still in your inventory? can you post some screens? Want to see the durability interface and how the guns looked :D
Could you still use them?

21 minutes ago, v3rgi1 said:

Huh? They are still in your inventory? can you post some screens? Want to see the durability interface and how the guns looked :D

I think he meant that while durability system was in the game, he kept all the items (even with 1 point left). The items were all converted to perma items when they got rid of durability. So there wasn't a mishmash with durability items/perma items in your storage.  Durability system is long gone and i hope it never comes back.

Interface looked like that.

XOweapEN.png

Edited by Kirowetz
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, v3rgi1 said:

All screenshots are lost.

Basically, the durability system means your equipment will gradually wind off if you lose in battle, all parts become "temporary". Resulting in huge frustration because you can hardly make any progress. 

The old 100mm gun and cricket looks just like now (at least nothing changed obviously), surely the cricket didn't get its perk so it's a close-range weapon,

Aha, the Train plow looks ten times cooler in the past

Edit: in further earlier versions, 100mm gun looks different, but that is even earlier than I joined this game, so I don't know it clearly. 

Edited by Robocraftman
  • Upvote 1

Guest CMHN

My favorite game mode by far is Black Scorpions.   Everybody is equal except for their skill and you can make some awesome shots.      Wish it was available all the time, I would play the game more.   Standard battles bore me because unless you have paid for the premium stuff you are at a disadvantage.

29 minutes ago, CMHN said:

My favorite game mode by far is Black Scorpions.   Everybody is equal except for their skill and you can make some awesome shots.      Wish it was available all the time, I would play the game more.   Standard battles bore me because unless you have paid for the premium stuff you are at a disadvantage.

what premium stuff ? .... There is not anything you can't get by playing/grinding... Its not like WT or WoT premium tanks

• Confused 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Robocraftman said:

Aha, the Train plow looks ten times cooler in the past

Oh yeah. I want the old 1.

Dear Crossout, congratulation for the first year OBT but what did happen to you?

Lets remember last year, a hot "Mad Max" style game was downloaded and I was not anymore interested in WOT.

Playerbase grow rapidely every month, some stuff was OP but no problem who cares.

Then around end september beginning october DawnsChildren withHovers were introduced. 

Since these days Crossout is something other but not a hot game.......these days are gone forever.

Now one year later the playerbase is like in the first or second month OBT, just poor, what had you done, why.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 8

35 minutes ago, EGO_Aut said:

Then around end september beginning october DawnsChildren with #%#$*+%Hovers were introduced. Cancer begun

Since these days Crossout is something other but not a hot game.......these days are gone forever.

Now one year later the playerbase is like in the first or second month OBT, just poor, what had you done, why.

+1 Dawn Children with their sci-fi star warsr, hovers are . I loved that game for bullets and rust - not blasters, hovers and plasma.... 

• Thanks 3
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, xXR34P3RXxi said:

Oh yeah. I want the old 1.

I also like the style of many CBT weapons but in the case of the trainplow I have to say that I like the current look much better.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, juicetruck said:

3 years and mech legs are still not worth using.

Yes.

Although to to fair...they where only added when OBT started.

Still need.. much much much love...

• Upvote 2

Huge progress has been made, Ideas have been accounted for, corrections have been needed and some still need to be addressed but overall this game is heading in the right direction and I thank you for delivering a fantastic game for me to play Targem Games.

I've been playing since just 15 days after CBT launch. I must say durability sucked. Also things in market were much more expensive. A medium MG was worth (at one point when it was buffed) 400 coins per gun. Epics were worth about 2200-5000. Legendaries were worth about 20,000-40,000 and relics..... I think were worth around 60,000-90,000 so it was hard back in the day. And for a short while after I got in the game it was possible to sell and buy structure parts.

Edited by CBT_Player_35

19 hours ago, GentlemanRevvnar said:

Bring back the lights' lens flare pls  ( the one from your last screenshot )

I wish that the same, the lights look not that good without lens flares I guess I'll make a suggestion later on the suggestion subforum.

screenshot-171111-015252.jpg

VS:

screenshot-170415-123704.jpg

What looks better? Lets be honest. :)

Edited by Vidarval

9 hours ago, *KICHZY said:

Huge progress has been made, Ideas have been accounted for, corrections have been needed and some still need to be addressed but overall this game is heading in the right direction and I thank you for delivering a fantastic game for me to play Targem Games.

Sorry, but this game could've been so much better if it just had progressed on the theme where everybody loved it... not just a part of the player-base (IMO a very tiny part)
So to correct you here a bit. (not on your opinion but on the general)

Huge progress has been made Huge progress has been wasted ... is lost.

overall this game is heading in the right direction....?
overall this game is heading in the wrong direction !

The game had it's flaws (logic as BETA state)... prior to sept, 21 but at the least it were ground-based problems in a wastelands playstyle.
The mistake of adding DawnChildren and with it , altering the basics of the game , was a mistake with consequence.

A very long list of consequences. 
Now every weapon and module had to be tweaked in relation to how it performed on hovers.... we all know the results  

Player-base bleed started  and that is always bad for everybody. (also to the "new style" lovers)

Nerfing hovers was bad. (even I don't like hovers in-game, this was not a good way to solve the mistake)
Cabin changes.... only lesser the diversity
nerfing everything even items players only could have bought!
making grind very hard, 
nerfing rewards....
etc.

A very long list of heading   in the wrong direction.

and we provided loads of feedback....
and the lag of interaction didn't help the game either 

18 hours ago, EGO_Aut said:

Dear Crossout, congratulation for the first year OBT but what did happen to you?

Lets remember last year, a hot "Mad Max" style game was downloaded and I was not anymore interested in WOT.

Playerbase grow rapidely every month, some stuff was OP but no problem who cares.

Then around end september beginning october DawnsChildren withHovers were introduced. 

18 hours ago, Jafarson said:

+1 Dawn Children with their sci-fi star warsr, hovers are . I loved that game for bullets and rust - not blasters, hovers and plasma.... 

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 2
  • Upvote 3