Woodyrojo

Questions to the developers, Summer 2018

This topic is designed to collect and organize the players' questions towards the developers as well as their answers.

Answers are usually given daily on weekdays. Developers will read all questions, but questions which are not clearly defined, which are obviously meaningless, which are lying on the "surface", or which violate the rules of the forum, will be ignored and deleted.

How to ask questions:
Formulate your questions as clear as possible. Try to ask only important questions. Use the search function before asking any questions, some questions may have already been answered.

The following rules apply to this thread:

1. Posts that do not contain any game related questions will be deleted.
  2. This thread is not for suggestions. Any suggestion posted in this thread will be deleted.
  3. Any discussion in this subject will be considered as flame and offtopic and will be punished appropriately.
  4. The questions are asked towards the game developers and therefore only they can respond.
  5. The thread will be cleaned at least once a week. 
  6. Flood is not allowed in this topic. If the question is posted multiple times then no answer will follow.
  7. We do not comment any questions concerning the in-game economy and prices.
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

ok so when does this leviathan clan wars end? it's not clan wars but star wars. every levi has 12 crickets gg. there are 1-2 booster-lancelot-melee builds out there with high winrates and that's all. no other levi is viable due to the accuracy of aimbot on crickets.

BjKalderon (Posted )

atomisten, hello! The Clan Battles schedule has been changed and you can learn the details here: https://crossout.net/en/news/581/current/#/
  • Haha 1

Hi Woody

Always good to chat with you. Questions.

Now with the new batteries and plastics it takes so long to be able to craft a new weapon.  Will This Change.

When are you going to Tweek the Tsunami as this is required.

Why was the Scorpions tweaked? When not required. 

Tracks when is the tweek happening.

Woodyrojo (Posted )

Hello, Anzerwolf1! 1. We're planning to analyse the current statistics and consider possible tweaks, if it will be necessary. This applies mostly to plastic, as currently we don't see that it's too difficult to earn batteries in PvP. 2. Currently no plans on tweaks for the Tsunami. Its effectiveness shows us that it fits well the legendary grade. 3. Tweaks for the Scorpion may be not final. Currently we're checking the stats. But any tweaks for the relic weapon require more attention and time to analyse all tha data. 4. We're planning some changes for Hardened and Small tracks in the nearest update.
  • Confused 2
  • Upvote 1

Two questions:

1) Can we have a epic light cabin that's not 1800PS? Believe it or not those 300PS make a difference. I usually do substantially better with quantum. I used Tusk as well as Werewolf, and their bonus is too situational to be worth 300PS. I sold Werewolf but kept Tusk just because of the giggle factor when it works. Anyways, i want a light cabin that's worth it's PS.

2) Almost all of the raids are either War for fire or Data Theft, is this intentional? We want variety.

Woodyrojo (Posted )

Hello, Yurker! 1. Currently we're not planning to add light epic cabins with 13 energy points and without perks-weapons. 2. Not really. At this particular moment Perimeter breach, Frontier Defence and Gone in Two Minutes are also available for all the players.
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 1

Hello

Warning Appreciation Post

First of all I want to thank you @Woodyrojo and @BjKalderon for being AWESOME Community Managers. You always bring the most awesome ideas to DEV table and look how game is now. I can hear my v8 roar while trying to catch Truck in Chase. Game is closer to MAD- MAX every update. ( death to dawns children)

This is one of few Studios that Actually listen community ideas and directly import to game. The changes to Engine sounds indicate that. I cried tears when i first heard it.

Some of the People in Crossout is cancer. They want changes, you gave them they whine.. if you dont listen them they whine.. 

Take this post as a Inspiration for your HARD WORK. Love you all <3 

I want to be more involved in Game  rather then typing suggestions playing game.. any chance for me ? :D  

Edited by StreaMRoLLeR

Woodyrojo (Posted )

Thank you, StreaMRoLLeR, for your appreciation and for the idea of new engine sounds that would replace the sound of cabin. It's been a long way, but finally we've impemented it and we're proud of the results :) Still, as you already know, an additional feature is coming that will allow to toggle on/off the sound replacement for those, who want to keep their cabin sound.
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 2

Hey woody!

1. Are there any plans to tweak the fuel ammo for flamethrowers?

2. It seems to me that maps have some issues regarding the "roughness" of the hills and edges, is this intentional? My vehicle keeps getting stuck.

BjKalderon (Posted )

AnonymousKoala, hello! 1. Currently there are no plans for that, but in case any additional tweaks are required, they will be considered in the future; 2. We are working on optimizing the game maps, and the answer to your question depends on the specific case. If you encountered a situation when your vehicle get stuck on the map, I suggest you to create a proper bug-report in this section of our forums: https://forum.crossout.net/index.php?/forum/59-bug-reports-premoderation/

Fair and simple question. Do you guys really believe that diner plate - sized mine should be able to hold multiple 20ton trucks for 60 seconds?

Woodyrojo (Posted )

Hello, ThePaladinTech! We're not chasing the idea to make everything similar to what happens in the real life :) I should remind you that Crossout is a game, and games may have some features that are not possible in the real life. This doesn't mean that we're planning to forget about all the real-life physics, but some aspects may be deliberately ignored to preserve the unique gameplay.
  • Sad 1
  • Upvote 2

Hi. I asked about the new sound engine earlier but my question was never answered, so:

Why was the audio engine changed? What will the new audio engine bring to the table once all the bugs have been fixed?

I'm just curious. Thanks!!

Woodyrojo (Posted )

Hello, Spedemix. The new engine will allow us to bring in some new sound effects, to improve the quality of sounds (recent changes with engines and cabins sounds) and overall performance of the game once all the issues and bugs will be fixed.

Camera auto center.

The game now centers the camera back into the center position. Is there a was to disable this new feature?

Woodyrojo (Posted )

Hello, RandomDamager! Yes, you're free to toggle off the ‘Camera auto-follows car movement’ option in the Settings menu.

Woody please please please what are the development team playing at. These new Engine sounds are terrible a big truck engine sounding sporty what rubbish. Please can they listen to real vehicle and replicate the sound? Better than sounding like a 5 year olds toy.

BjKalderon (Posted )

Anzerwolf1, hello! The sound engine were recorded based on the real life models (to sound more authentic). We're also planning to add an option that would allow to toggle cabin sound replacement by the engine one. In other words, if you don't like the engine sound you'll be able to untick the option and you'll hear the sound of your cabin.
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 1

Hello there will be any update/buff/changes to Clarinet TOW in the near future?

Thank you for your time.

Woodyrojo (Posted )

Hello, Aquatylys! We're not planning any tweaks for the TOW in the nearest update.

Guest IshakYakov

sir,why u dont support DX9? im use dx9 graphic zzz Please reply

BjKalderon (Posted )

rahmad_dedik, hello! We keep working on improving all aspects of Crossout, including its visuals. Swithing to Direct - X 11 was a necessary step and it will allow us not only to solve the optimization issues more effieciently but get rid of many technical limitations as well. Still, we try to update the graphics gradually, so that the players who don't have a very powerful PC can play as well. That's why the owners of 5 or 6 year old PC's can comfortably play our game as well.

Woody. 

There seen to be a glitch with the auto aim. When even turned off you get a sudden movement in the sights.  Example looking through a scope sights on a target then you get a sudden kick that throws your sights off. 

Woodyrojo (Posted )

Thank you, Anzerwolf1. We'll check this issue. Currently we're gathering all the feedback and issues that do occur in battles.

Will the “night riders” event items be added to the normal faction workbenches in the forceable future? I’m not looking for any specific date, just something like Q4 2018 or a set time period (basically something more accurate than soon™).

Of course, the question only refers to the non-knight related items. The spike-1, wheels and decors are not included in my question since these are definite event exclusives.

Woodyrojo (Posted )

Hello, keptick. Yes, we're planning to add these weapons to the workbenches, but currently there's no information about when this is going to happen.

Hello and greetings Devs, 

If you could be so kind to share with us the upcoming plans you have to introduce new parts to the game. Since I read that you mentioned there won't be another main event like the Knight Riders to bring in new weapons and such. 

How will new items be introduced next? Minus pack exclusive stuff. 

Also will there be new relic weapons added into the game? If so are there any changes to the system for players to get them? Will it still be restricted to clan wars?

Woodyrojo (Posted )

Hello, NamelesxKing! I believe, that we've said that we're not planning any big events with new parts and weapons in the nearest future (correct me, if I'm wrong). We're not abandoning this kind of events and I think there will be more of them, as soon as some new parts will be finished and ready for the release.

Woodyrojo (Posted )

Speaking about relics - currently we're not planning to add any new relic weapons. And the mechanic stays the same - players need some unranium ore to craft them or they can buy them on the market.
  • Like 1

What's the chance ya'll will add some type of field object that could be picked up during battle royal, which could be accumulated to give your vehicle an instant upgrade by level to go from maybe the buggy to a truck cab at level 2 or maybe something rare or high on durability for level 3.. maybe you have to pick up ten of this object to succeed to the next level vehicle.. Could that be something in the works..?

BjKalderon (Posted )

dmusket, hello! As you can see from the last updates, we've added a number of new parts for Battle Royale brawl. As for the part yoo've described - currently there are no plans for it as it may harm the balance of this particular brawl.

Whats the chance ya'll smart fellas will add a battle race mode to fight your way to the finish, maybe with just a few specific weapons, or picked up on track, with one or two hit explosions,  so that when you are blown up you lose 5 seconds or so. 

Edited by dmusket

Woodyrojo (Posted )

Hello, dmusket. We've already included this idea to the list of suggestions for the future, but atm we're not planning to work on this mode in the nearest future. Currently we're working on the new football brawl, new PvP mode (mission), new PvP map and some other stuff :)
  • Upvote 2

I'm just wondering.. why can body parts not be sold on the market? I sure would like to buy some specific parts..If it has already been discussed please give me that link..

Woodyrojo (Posted )

dmusket, the amount of structure parts per account is limited and the parts can be obtained only through leveling up the factions (the only exclusion is the Hot-rod pack of parts that are, btw, similar to the Nomads ones in terms of their parameters). This is done to put all the players in equal conditions in terms of building their own vehicle. Otherwise, there could be a lot of cars made of the most effective parts and they would dominate the battlefield.

Do I have to use all weapons listed or just one in the season missions? I killed raiders with a machine gun build for season quest kill raiders use machine guns minuguns and lasers, equip cooling modules. I did equip cooling modules and five machine guns and destroyed many raiders but I didn’t get a single kill for the mission count.

Woodyrojo (Posted )

Hello, CobbieDC! If you've equipped a cooler and at least one machine gun, then the progress should count, BUT if you destroy raiders in medium or hard raids. If you do it in easy raids, then the progress won't count.
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

Dear Crossout Developers,

The latest update which involved returning the steering and mobility physics to the way they were, was a great decision and a step in the right direction. We actually enjoy driving high speed builds again. It feels the way it should. The Bigfoot tires still need a bit of tuning with how much power they drain from the vehicle but we understand it takes time to implement. As long you guys keep making positive improvements that make the game more fun to play, rather than force players to spend money on the game to progress, then we will naturally spend money on the game because we ENJOY it. Not because we feel like we cant get anywhere without paying real money. Keep up the good work. Thank you. 

Woodyrojo (Posted )

Thank you for your feedback, Dacheezyman1213! We'll keep working on all kinds of improvements to make Crossout even better :)
  • Upvote 1

Hello Developers, 
Charged Radiator works for Fafnir?

Woodyrojo (Posted )

Hello, aldermatias! No, since the Fafnir is a single-shot weapon with a reload and it's impossible to overheat it.

Hello Devs,

Just wanted to see if it was intentional that the FFA brawl only lasts for the short time on Tuesday nights (UTC−04:00) and then is immediately
replaced the next morning with storm warning? This is generally how I get most of my scrap, and I wasn't expecting it to be switched out that quickly,
as none of the other brawls are, so just wanted to know if this was going to continue?

Thanks,

BjKalderon (Posted )

dvtech2141, hello! As you probably know, Crossout's brawl schedule has been changed, that's why the active Brawl have been moved as well. You can find the details of the new timetable here: https://crossout.net/en/news/582/current/#/. And regarding your concern - we will try to reduce the chance of cases like this one.

hi woody

Does the icebox cabin perk work on mandrakes?

thank you for this great game. nice job!!

BjKalderon (Posted )

AnonymousKoala, hello! Thank you for the interest in our game) The "Icebox" perk doesn't affect Madrake - it works for the weapons with limited rotation angles (e.g. "ST-M26 Tackler" or "Judge 76mm").