Woodyrojo

Questions to the developers, Summer 2018

According to the Russian Tester's Spreadsheet Heavy Cabins can carry less usable weight than many  Medium Cabins.   Usable weight is critical for design . Its what you can really put on the vehicle without slowing to a crawl. The Torrero, Ghost and Quantum can carry more usable weight than the Humpback. The Bat, Hot Rod, Wyvern and Fury can all carry more usable weight than the Trucker Cabin. Will there be a fix for this?  Just seems weird I want to build a heavy weapons platform that I need to use a lighter faster Cabin.

Woodyrojo (Posted )

Hello, FiveOClock! Currently we're not planning any tweaks, because heavy cabins are designed to be able to carry more weight at the cost of speed. It means that you can build a kind of moving 'fortress' - slow, but protected. If you put the same weight on a medium cabin, it won't be able to move at all.

Hello there,
i really want to know what is the plan with the spark against porupine? Hovers are already the invincible against porcupine.
why the friendly spark destroy friendly porcupine if u deploy them? u cant even fight with or against spark but everybody use it...
fortune need at least 2 or 3 spark agains him to do no DMG but only cabin with wheels and 1 spark beat a 5 porcupine monster 100%.
i done already a threat in General Discussions wich has 900 views and 50 people answeres to this and almost everybody agree with me.
please check it out !

its a very very big problem

Woodyrojo (Posted )

Hello, weedomking! We're considering possible options to change this mechanic, but the changes themselves are not planned for the nearest update. Still, this options are considered only for friendly barrels. The ability to counter enemy's Porcupines with the Spark stays the same.

I found this picture in one of your recent preliminary information topics.

Spoiler

e4b4756d358b85720b0b9d4dce5c.jpg.76c9e0b

770685040_Semttulo.png.fbb00aa6046cb165c

This is a new weapon? It seems the old grenade launcher.

Woodyrojo (Posted )

Hello, aldermatias! It's the GL-55 with a customization kit.

So, Gas generater, 2 purple ammo boxes next to it and one blue one under the genny, random shotgun guy drives under me, shotguns touch the generator, i'm blow to oblivion and he drives of intact like nothing happened. How come these types of explosions only affect the defender and not the attacker?

Edited by ZoliWorks

Woodyrojo (Posted )

Hello, ZoliWorks! The car that has blown up your generator and ammo boxes while staying under your vehicle also receives damage. Usually the explosion hits the cabin and that's why the car itself may look like it's intact. We've checked the mechanic once again and everything works as intended. If you're sure, that the enemy receives no damage, please, send me your screenshots/video (would be better of both) and we'll check them.

Any new maps for PvP being worked on? Any sneak peaks? Even just a yes would suffice. :good:

If not may I suggest a PvP map that involves weather effects? The wasteland is full of dust and dirt. Why not a random timed sand storm on a new map involving a lot of dust and sand? That would definitely throw an interesting twist into PvP matches.

Woodyrojo (Posted )

Hello, MontyCasper! Yes, we're considering some ideas for the new maps. And you're welcome to share your suggestion, as all the ideas, even if they're not approved, may become a source of inspiration for the designer. Speaking about weather/time of the day conditions - we're working on some improvements that became possible with DX11-only support. It's possible, that in the future we may see such features.
  • Upvote 1

Hello there!

When someone destroy drone box, drone just dissapear. It should blow up instead right? Its a small ''bug'' but it hurting eyes You know :)

Why when drone user get destroy, all drones are destroy too but kapkan still alive?

Why noone nerf harvester yet? Isn't this obvious?

Woodyrojo (Posted )

Hello, MoroBlizniak! 1. I've got you point :) Not a top-priority feature, but we'll see what can be done. 2. The Kapkan is a minelayer and it leaves mines that can still exist even if their owner is destroyed. 3. According to the statistics the Harvester does not need any serious tweaks. We'll check it's updated stats prior the update to verify that it still performs just like it was intended.

Will the retcher hitbox be fixed? It has been gigantic for a long time now and the hitbox is broken. I think it needs a fix.

Thanks in advance.

Woodyrojo (Posted )

Hello, MomIsAgamerGirl! Since the very beginning we've considered the Retcher as a weapon that deals great damage, but is highly fragile (as well as the GL-55). According to the recent statistics, the Retcher is an effective legendary weapon that doesn't need tweaks. Hitbox reduction may lead to its higher survivability and balance issues. We'll check and test such option and then make a final decision.
  • Upvote 1

is there a chance raider portraits may become obtainable for players in the future?

Woodyrojo (Posted )

Hello, lord_Ripandtear! Currently we're planning to release new portraits, that will be available only for the players, but in the future the option to make those raiders' portraits available will also be discussed.

Guest asdwe817

Can you make leviathans be in battles and make some game modes so you are allowed to play with your leviathan build cause its pretty boring if u just build a big armored massive truck and not play with it. it would be cool to play with it like your armored vehicle. 

Woodyrojo (Posted )

Hello, asdwe817! Not so long ago we've introduced a new clan battle mode with leviathans, where one member in each team could ride his own leviathan. Currently the mode is not available as we've decided that it needs some changes and tweaks. But we're planning to bring it back as soon as it will be ready.

Haven't seen the new update drop for PS4 yet. Any clue when on what day it will happen? Thanks in advance!

Ka1deron (Posted )

TBKUK, hello! The updates for both PS4 and Xbox one are planned to arrive today - as always, the pathcnotes will be published once the updates are released;)

some people told me pve would be changing in the distant future, some arguing it would be open-world pve. Are these rumours somewhat correct?

Also, with these weekly challenges im having trouble finding a geoup of players doing thesame  hallenge, i’m guessing this will beworse the closer we are to the end of the week. Will there ever be an option to choose your reward seperately from your teammates? For example: me and a buddy are teaming up, he chooses to get batteries, i chose to get wires.

Woodyrojo (Posted )

Hello, Scauldron! We're not planning any kind of 'open-world' PvE. The only mode that is currently planned and may be considered as an 'open-world' is the one that will allow the player to enter the big map and ride there without any time limits and complete quests. So, to be more precise, it's a kind of 'free roam' PvE.

Woodyrojo (Posted )

We're not planning to introduce such an option for a squad. Both missions have their own requirements (PS and level) as well as the team has to enter the same mission to be matched in one battle and play together.

Hello, the 3k PS range is plagued by hover/duster/vectors and the only snap shot weapon that is accurate enough that new players have access to, the judge is so horrible a dual shot cant even take down a red hover. Are there any plans to improve the state of judge so new players have a chance against these seal clubbers ?

Woodyrojo (Posted )

Hello, Drawl! Thank you for the signal, we'll check your feedback and consider possible tweaks (both for the parts and for the MM).
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Nerf hovers?

Woodyrojo (Posted )

Hello, Robocraftman :) Not an option. Rebalancing seems to be a better idea.
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

It is possible to remove the big maps (like rock city) from free for all? It's not really fun to drive for so long without finding anyone. Maybe put in some small maps instead

Woodyrojo (Posted )

Hello, DonGiesu! We're not planning to remove any maps from the mode's rotation, but we'll consider your request while including any new map into it.
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

You guys made some awesome maps, but we only have 4 available in storm warning. Can we have more, they are even playable in custom battle storm warning meaning it wouldn't require too much work to put more in the rotation. thx for your answer

Woodyrojo (Posted )

Hello, sam93931! Your request will be discussed within the team. Thank you for bringing this to our attention :)
  • Thanks 1

Ps4 had pack discounts of 50%.  Is XBOX One going to get a discount for its packs at some point? Thanks 

Woodyrojo (Posted )

Hello, CanuckTalon! Unfortunately, this information can not be disclosed. We don't announce any discounts. As soon as any sale starts, we'll inform our players.

hy devs.when does knight rider event come out?are you planning to have cws only for low ps people or for smaller clans?

btw great job devs on the current changes with daily and weekly missions!

finally I don't need to use weapons I don't like (for example: drones,turrets,etc.) to complete quests.. :) 

and thanks for changing back daily limit to weekly limit and increasing its capacity.  :good:

I think this is the best patch since I have been playing this game. because it is for the good of the community and for f2p players. :fed012:

Woodyrojo (Posted )

Hello, juvenyus! We expect the Knechets to come this autumn :) When the event dates will become offcial, we'll share this info and all the information about the new parts in our devblog. Regarding Clan battles: no plans to create another queue only for low PS players. From the very beginning CB are being considered as a high-level content.
  • Like 1

What have you done to ML-200???? Since yesterday the vehicles with 6 legs started to wobble up and down and the side rotation is awful.

Was it necessary to totally destroy an item already with problems???? :(

Woodyrojo (Posted )

Hello, k1zO! We haven't applied any changes during this week, especially for the mech. legs. If you're sure that something works not as used to, you may leave your bug report here: https://forum.crossout.net/index.php?/forum/59-bug-reports-premoderation/

Is there:

- Something scheduled about heavy build being lifted like a feather by ultra light build with hatchets or other?
 - About a possible cable resistance for the Kapkan? like it slows down a build but can't stop it.

Woodyrojo (Posted )

Hello, Minikow! 1. We're consider a new mechanic that would allow to deal damage to the vehicle that is right under yours, but atm this is only an idea for the future. 2. The main thing about the Kapkan minelayer is that it has to stop vehicles until the mine is destroyed by any means. And we have no plans to change this mechanic.
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Just curious about portraits again...but how do you achieve this one?

Spoiler

screenshot-180830-191201.thumb.jpg.a4e71

Woodyrojo (Posted )

Hello, _wabun45_! This portrait is available only for those players who participated in Battle testing. Just in case: that was the pre-CBT state of the game.