Woodyrojo

Questions to the developers, Summer 2018

Hey guys, will you add additional map for storm warning in near future? I know you added a fourth one a couple months ago, but adding 1 or 2 more wouldn't require too much work cause they already exist in PvP.

Why did you reduce storm warning to only one time a week? Not popular enough compare to the other brawls?

Woodyrojo (Posted )

Hello, sam93931! We'll discuss the possibility to add a new map to the Storm warning rotation. About the schedule: we may rotate it from time to time and this is not connected with one mode being less popular than the others.

Hello Developers, in a few words, thanks for Crossout. But now I am sad and angry about the cost of the new resource: Plastic, once the wire exchange event is over, the price of plastic skyrocketed as I have never seen, and at this moment it is absurd to build an epic weapon, they will have some strategy to reduce the price of this resource?

Woodyrojo (Posted )

Hello, FerchoMuRoXB! Soon we're planning to gather all the updated statistics to analyse all the changes after the exchange event. It is possible that in the future we'll add an additional way to earn plastic or tweak its income in raids. BUT, you shouldn't consider this as an official announcement. These are only some of the possible options, if the situation with plastic appears to be unbalanced.
  • Confused 1

thanks for bringing speed back :)

Woodyrojo (Posted )

You're welcome, v3rgi1 :)
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Hey guys, I have a suggestion. When test driving your vehicle, it would be nice if we could change the level of the raiders that spawn. So instead of having to take my 10,000 power score build out against these little tikes with guerilla cabs and hornets, I could have more of a challenge and really test out the build. I'm not talking anything serious, just maybe the ability to cycle between the easy, normal, and hard level raiders. That way I would have a better idea if my tank Is going to hold up slightly, or if I'm going to get torn to shreds in the first couple of seconds. 

Woodyrojo (Posted )

Hello, Cod3NameDak! In the future we're planning to enhance the Test drive mode. This may also be the point to take care of, thank you :)
  • Upvote 5

Hello,

I just recently noticed that "not for sale" items aren't salvageable anymore, do you plan to bring back this option ?

I got and use few items of this kind, but if I have duplicates or the ones I don't need, I would salvage every one of them, I mean 100 scrap for rare isn't much but its something at least. . . 

Woodyrojo (Posted )

Hello, sONE! No, we're not planning to bring back this option. The main thing is that most of these items are received from containers for 2 and 14 hours spent in the game. The parts received from these containers shouldn't somehow affect the resources market. Players are still able to mount these parts on their vehicles or fuse them. If they are not interested in these parts, they are free to sell the container without opening it and earn some coins for their needs.
  • Sad 2

Hello

Community Managers, currently the forum is not in good state. There is an alarming rate of people being mad / angry about, suggestion posts getting ignored, not get approved ( not talking about random ones but suggestions coming from Veterans is also ignored.)

If you look past 2 months there is no single good suggestion thread approved. Either premoderation team needs serious talk or forum will have serious problems. You know gathering ideas from members is a good idea. I too opened single- detailed- clear suggestions but its being ignored. 

There is also a thread in general discussion which i mentioned you and Nero, still no answer. We veterans of game need an explanation about this.

Coming to my question

1) When REWORK of Fusion ?  Reward end-game players please not punish them. Remove worst stats in weapon, example aim time on goblin, Range on Mammoth. All fusing stats should be rewarding. 

2) New update brings worse engine sounds then 0.9.75 ( colossus + cheetah). You completely remove the details + clutch noise + heavy bass from Colossus under "improvement tag" unbeliveable..

Edited by StreaMRoLLeR

Woodyrojo (Posted )

Hello, StreaMRoLLeR! We're planning to handle all the suggestions as soon as possible. Players' suggestions are always welcome, because, even if we don't accept any of them, it still can force us to think about the stated issue/possibility/etc. and do it in our own way. 1. The fusion mechanic rework is being considered, but we shouldn't expect it anytime soon. It's a complex question that's need to be fully addressed, without any distraction by all the other plans. The main thing for now is that we also think that it is possible to make it better and even more useful in some of the aspects. 2. Speaking about sounds, all I can say is that tastes differ, and we've seen it ourselves in players' feedback about new sound engines. Players from RU and ENG forums divided in their thoughts about the new sounds and we've decided to apply some changes in the 0.9.80 update. Still, I've got your concern and can assure you that these sound shouldn't be considered as the final ones. We keep gathering feedback and only after that we'll make our final decision.
  • Upvote 2

1. We all expect IMPROVEMENTS in the upgrade / fuse system and have been asking for a year. Will and when will the upgrade system be improved and how?
  2. it has already been announced. Co-drivers have been adapted with the resources. When and what changes can we expect next ?
  3. Is there a release date for a new PVP map?
  4. Will there be more raids to choose from in the future? are the old raids coming back?

Woodyrojo (Posted )

Hello, hauser22. 1. Let me quote the anwer I've given to StreaMRoLLeR above: The fusion mechanic rework is being considered, but we shouldn't expect it anytime soon. It's a complex question that's need to be fully addressed, without any distraction by all the other plans. The main thing for now is that we also think that it is possible to make it better and even more useful in some of the aspects. 2. We've haven't applied any announced tweaks for the co-drivers' perks. The only change that has been applied is connected with copper income increase. We've decided to postpone any perks or their acquisition mechanic improvements, as we've analysed the feedback from our players and decided that some of the questions should be also considered and revised. We believe that it's better to reconsider some moments than release something just 'as it is'. 3. There's no exact release date, but we're doing our best to release the new map during this summer. 4. Yes, we're planning to work on some new PvE scenarios in the future, but also we're not planning to bring back the old raids.

Hi Devs.

Since I discovered your forums I've been comming back regularly to check on updates and news.
I've made a small list of things that I wonder about concerning the game that I hope you can help me with:

1. As you know there are several "flying/soaring/ascending/falling with style" builds going around in this game.
    Do you wish to permit people to fly through the maps with "flying builds"?
    And if yes - then why are there so many invisible walls?

2. Weapons such as the Mandrake and the heatseeking missiles benefit greatly (borderline cheating?) from an increased camera distance / point of view.
    Getting a better overview of the battlefield is currently possible by designing absurdly tall vehicles.
    Is this something that should be speculated in, or are you planning to make a maximum camera viewing distance that will be the same for all vehicles?

3. In one of the recent patches you changed PvP in order to give points to people who go after the objective.
    While I think it is a tremendous update (good job!) I'd like to se greater rewards for completing objectives in PvP.
    In some matches people even move AWAY from the objective in order to shoot more enemies, because this gives better scores and better rewards.
    This is quite counter productive, as the main objective is to win the game and defeat the enemy team - not being the MVP.
    Now if only you could be MVP by capturing the point / defending your own...

4. The current build requires 250 pieces of plastic to build an epic item.
    What are the reasoning behind the massively increased need for PvE i order to upgrade gear?
    Basically you have increased the minimum number of PvE matches required for crafting Epics by 25.
    This seems to go against the idea of Developers wanting people to play more diversely as there is only 200 free fuel pr. day.
    Would you consider removing the fuel requirement for PvE from the game all together?

5. Hovers are currently a strong meta in the game, and often difficult to counter in lower PS matches.
    A good counter to howers thou, is the harpoon mine.
    Would you consider removing the paywall from the harpoon so that it becomes available to everyone?

6. Currently the bots are... binary... at best. They shoot with extreme precision, but can't "think" worth 2 cents.
    Unfortunately bots are part of a lot of the games, and it would be fantastic if they were a little more "reliable".
    (And I don't mean in terms of you can rely on them being stupid!)
    Can you say something about your plans regarding upgrading the bot-logic?

7. The market is a great place to obtain and sell items with other players, but sadly it seems limited.
    Can you say something about why there isn't a black-market function where buy-orders are not possible, and supply and demand truly roams?

8. Seasonal objectives can be quite tedious. As it stands right now, there is not really any motivation to "do great" when completing season objectives. Would it be thinkable that in the future, players could complete several season objectives at a time, in stead of first having to "kill 60 enemies with weapon A" and after that "complete 6 raids" and after that "kill 15 players with weapon B".
    It seems that this current model is merely a time sink, and does not encourage diverse and entertaining gameplay.

9. Pack pricing seems high. There are packs in several price ranges, but the most expensive ones are the price of entire trippleA computer game titles!
    Are there any plans to reduce pack prices?
    Alternatively, would you consider making a "season-pass" payment model?
    (For example, all content released in 2018 is pre-paid for if you buy a 40€ season pass)

10. Last thing is not a question, but a pad on the shoulder:
    I bought my first pack today - the "3rd half" pack seemed like something for me.
    I am not a fan of "pay2win", but the horn and the paintjobs, and the smoke thingys are exactly things that I WOULD pay for; cosmetic things. I did so to celebrate my first 200 hours ingame! (yay!)
    Thanks for keeping this game good - Now get this bugger out of beta!

Best regards.

Woodyrojo (Posted )

Hello, Confidenze! 1. We're aware of some of these builds and previously we've implemented such tweaks that would make it impossible to fly on such vehicle and deal damage from above. All the new builds are not an exclusion - we'll check them and take measures. 2. Currently we're not planning to limit the possibility to craft such vehciles. This is a feature of the constructor. 3. This is the freedom of choice that the game gives to its players: they are free to choose, how to win the battle. Destroy all the enemies or capture the base? It's only up to the team. Both ways are acceptable to complete the objective - to win the battle. 4. Currently we're not planning to remove the fuel requirement. Players can earn additional fuel by mounting fuel barrel or fuel tank or they can always buy it on the market (or sell it and earn some coins for their needs). Speaking about plastic - we're planning to gather all the updated statistics and check the necessity of any income tweaks.

Woodyrojo (Posted )

5. Currently we're not planning to make the Kapkan craftable. However, players can always earn some coins by selling resources or any parts they've crafted and buy the minelayer on the market. Moreover, it's not the only way to counter hover builds. Machine guns, shotguns, Spark III are also great against hovercrafts, depending on your play style. Currently even melee players are able to deal damage to hovers (fast build with the Chameleon module will make it easier to sneak through). 6. Speaking about the future, we're also planning to improve the raiders' logic. Currently this is not the top-priority question, but it doesn't mean that we won't do anything at all later :) 7. This is the question of the in-game economy (see the rule 7). All I can say is that there won't be any 'black-market' alternatives. 8. We've already included this question to consider it when all the top-priority issues and tasks will be completed. Crossout is still in beta and we still have a lot of great ideas and tasks to implement. Improvement of the seasonal missions is one of those, that will help us to provide a greater immersion in the process. 9. Sorry, but we do not comment the questions about the prices and the economy.
  • Upvote 2

Nice work Developers, i like the new design of Hammerfall, much better than you done for Grenade Launcher. I ju That's the way! Keep it up the good work!

Woodyrojo (Posted )

Thank you, aldermatias! This is not the end and later we're planning to redesign some more models or improve their level of detalization.

Hello dev team i wanted to come by and ask some questions since i am a new player and wanted to know a couple things.

1) I am us player i have my setting set for us servers and yet 9/10 i am tossed to a eu server. While i love my eu gaming counterparts this has made matches hard for me to fight with the lag and raids even harder to complete what is happening here and what is being done to fix this issue?.

2) As a new player coming in i want to say i love the fact of building cars and such. However the steep curve of progression is just that steep. I was working hard to get to purple gear and it was still going to take me a while to get the wires and copper but i was fine as it seemed i was getting them in good time. Now i got this plastic which does not seem to drop nearly enough to be worth while with the amount needed for items. That made a steep curve nearly a mountain for a new player like myself that is already having issues getting stomped by the people with far better weapons as many put it on the forums(seal clubbing /Ace stomping) so it's making pvp not that fun as well as getting items needed to craft harder. Add that with the server issue it's a total mess. What is going to be done to make this a little friendlier for new players? 

thank you for your time.   

Woodyrojo (Posted )

Hello, shifue! 1. You may be matched to the EU or any other server if your waiting time in the queue takes longer than it has to. Mostly, this happen when it's not the prime time in the game (night time in most of the regions, for example). Still, we'll check this report to ensure that everything works as it should. 2. Soon we're planning to gather all the updated statistics to analyse all the changes after the exchange event. It is possible that in the future we'll add an additional way to earn plastic or tweak its income in raids. BUT, you shouldn't consider this as an official announcement. These are only some of the possible options, if the situation with plastic appears to be unbalanced.

1. Are there any plans to add new relics to the game? 

2. Are there plans to change the Kapkan minelayer? I love the minelayer works amazing with porcupines. It makes teams have to use builds that will counter it like a spark build. I know the new weapons are usually "balanced" after testing so I'm expecting it.

3. Will the spark be adjusted so that it wont explode friendly porcupine barrels? 

4. Can we have some more CK skins for weapons that currently don't have any. Mandrake, Mammoth, and Tsunami would all be good weapons to have a CK skin on because of their size, and of course a porcupine CK that changes the appearance of the barrels would be rad. Also can we make the CK crates cheaper to make or possible have an event which rewards players with a CK crate. Right now these crates are expensive to craft and the likelyhood of getting anything is so low that no one on Xbox makes them. 

Edited by EVAN_WILLAMS

Woodyrojo (Posted )

Hello, EVAN_WILLAMS! 1. Currently we're not working on new relics. 2. I would say thay some tweaks are possible in the future, but currently we don't have any plans to apply any changes to the Kapkan. 3. Currently it's considered as a gameplay mechanic, but we may change it in the future. 4. We're planning to create more CKs and we'll discuss the possibility to create some especially for the big guns :)

Do you ever plan to fix the "auto aim" with cannons? you know, when you aim a bit higher than the target because of the distance but the game thinks you are Ace and need help with aim so it drops the crosshair? or at least option to disable it? Picture 1 i sent you shows it. also, Picture 2 shows that cannon can aim much higher, just so you don't reply me with the max angle story.

I really think that you guys should stop treating us players as if we were total idiots not capable for aiming

Spoiler

Picture 1.jpg

Picture 2.jpg

Woodyrojo (Posted )

Hello, ThePaladinTech! The main thing is that it's not the aim assist :) First of all, it's necessary to mention that all the slow moving guns have their own crosshairs. They follow the moves of your mouse and react on any obstacles that are in front of them. So, just imagine that you've aimed at something that is a little bit higher than the vehicle. The guns rotated and now they're aimed at the place you're targeting. BUT, if you draw a ray out of the barrel towards the place you're aiming at, you'll see that this ray encounters an obstacle - a part of the vehicle. The ammo can not go through this obstacle, so the crosshair is pointed at this part until it's destroyed. You may check it out - the same happens if you stay near the corner of the building and aim at something that is far away, while one cannon's barrel doesn't encouner any obstacles on its way, and the other's sight is blocked by the wall. Then first crosshair will be pointed at what you're aiming, and the other will aim at the wall.
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 4
  • Upvote 1

Thanks 4 answering my questions! a got some more ;-)

1. How many prestige levels do the engineers have? Will there be a reward for level 100 except the medal? Or any other prestige level with the engineers?
  2. Each faction has creates for the Prestige levels. The item in this creates are not salvageable. Will there be an additional option to receive 100 scrap or any appropriate reward?
  3. Will I be able to craft with upgraded items in the future?

Thanks to you guys for your service in the crossout community!

Woodyrojo (Posted )

Hello, hauser22! 1. Currently we're not planning to introduce any rewards for the Engineers' prestige levels. This is the only faction that levels up automatically while you play. 2,3. We're not planning such options, but it is possible that in the future we may change the contents of the crate. For now, your can use the parts from the crate on your vehicle or use them in fusion process. We're also considering the idea to use the fused parts in crafting.

Guest muff28601

If the speed on the hovers was reduced why was the durability not increased, the difficulty in using hovers to start with along with the lessened durability 2 wheels the speed is what made the difference now it's too easy to destroy them

Woodyrojo (Posted )

Hello, muff28601. We haven't applied any tweaks for hovers in recent updates except the reduction of suspension height in 0.9.60. According to the statistics their effectiveness haven't changed even a bit after this change. Hovers now are still effective and maneuverable movement parts.

Guest muff28601

Why cant you get away from the tesla cannon, it grabs you and does damage, no other weapon doubles up like that

Woodyrojo (Posted )

muff28601, please, pay attention to the perk description: Spark III reduces the target's movement speed and weapon reload by 50%. The best way to deal with the enemy is to destroy the cannon itself.

Hello Mr. Mme can you tell us at the time of today if the drone legendary will be reborn to rise from the ashes?

the module legendary implant in the dawn children ?
recharge accelerator

the question that some people ask themselves

but where does the speedometer?
exist really ?

a first personne view would be possible?

In practice, will there be more difficulty level  in pushing this game mode?

in a battle in progress is someone who  shoots us  above and who  self-destructed
how long it should be held to not give the point to the enemy.

we know very well that there is currently a lot and different solution of displacement but nevertheless we would have liked to know if to evoke you the interest of the vehicles with airbag (VCA)

Woodyrojo (Posted )

Hello, homygold. 1. We're not planning to introduce legendary drone or the recharge accelerator in the nearest future. 2. Currently we have no plans on adding any kind of speedometer to the game. It is possible that in the future we'll think about it, but for now it's not a top-priority question. 3. Our game is a 3rd-person action game and the gameplay would change significantly if there would be a 1st-person view. Since the game is not adapted for this kind of changes, we're not planning to introduce it anytime soon. 4. Do you mean the 'Patrol' mission? We believe that there's no need to introduce any difficulty level for this mission as it is designed for the new players who want to improve their skills or for those who want to test their vehicles in a real battle. 5. Could you, please, clarify which points are you talking about and how they are connected with the flying vehicle?

Hmmm some questions.

1. Why do wheeled and tracked movement parts still count towards the mass limit when not touching the ground thus not supporting the extra weight?

2. The harvesters end plates count towards contact damage why when the blade isn't making contact.

3. Why is there NO PS CAP for EASY and NORMAL RAIDS ? it's oh so irksome seeing players bringing anything over 4k into an easy raid or 7k in a normal raid.

Woodyrojo (Posted )

Hello, Venoem! 1. Currently this is considered as a game feature, but later in the future we may change it or get rid of it completely. 2. This is because of improved collision models of the melee weapons. It's not a bug and works as intended. 3. We don't want to limit our players and allow them to use high-PS vehicles in easy and normal raids. Also, thanks to the new scaling mechanic, the difficulty is always set according to the medium PS of the group, so the raid never will be too easy for a high-PS player.

Will there be tweaks in the future for the firebug and scorpion? 

Currently the scorpion has abysmall aim unless your standing still. Other turreted cannons that have bloom have an explosion payload to compensate for the inaccuracy, so have no real problems shooting on the move, as the explosive radius makes up the difference. The scorpion has no such thing. This leads to glancing shots that hardly do any damage. Standing still also makes it very dangerous to use, because only the most agile of builds can get out of the way of returning fire, unless it’s a pair of tsunamis, meaning you almost always trade in that situation, and since you don’t have a lot structure to take such hits you are likely, as well as the tracer revealing your postion *everytime* you fire, even if the shots don’t land thanks to the rng.

I understand you wanted scorps to be more skillful but making the guns aim erratic is far from skillful. It’s not up to me now if my shot strips a gun or pops an explosive, it’s all random within the reticule.

You all must be aware of this because in big black scorpions game mode, those scorps are nothing like the normal scorpions:

They turn much faster

And are pinpoint accurate

The only difference is the velocity of scorp rounds is much much slower. 

So I suggest making normal scorps like that of the scorps in big black scorpions. That way they are useful again in the skilled hands of those who have good shot placement and can lead shots, as well limiting it’s ability to easily cross map ppl leasing which annoyed a lot of ppl.

Also the firebug could use more work, it’s ok, but doesn’t stand out like scorps and porcupines currently.

Edited by VileCrib_3
Grammar slight additions

Woodyrojo (Posted )

Hello, VileCrib_3! Currently we're analysing all the recent statistics and looking for those weapons that stand out of the in-game balance (either they are overpowered or weak). If the Scorpions appear to be one of those weapons, we will definitely apply some tweaks that are needed. Also, I would like to mention that in BBS we use a special version of the Scorpion designed especially for the fast and one-shot gameplay of the brawl and this gameplay should have nothing similar with the normal PvP gameplay. Your feedback was noted and will be checked. Thank you.

If u havent notice all weapons are about the same damage or they get shot off with one shot.do u even play this game devs?why do u make weapons weaker i cant comprehend that?thats the whole point and fun part is getting money leveling up to gst stronger weapons.used to be my fav.game.if it wasnt for making harvesters stronger i would have quit playing by now.

Woodyrojo (Posted )

Hello, dangerous2self! The main thing is that all the weapons shouldn't be indestructible and players have to protect them with structure parts or mount them so, that they would be guarded by the cabin, frame, etc.
  • Confused 1

It is possible to change the Username in Crossout? When I first installed the Game, steam gave me a "random" Name - I thought I can change it later, but I dont find a button.

Since the last two Updates, the soundeffect on different maps in PVP is different loud. 

thank you

Woodyrojo (Posted )

Hello, Lordor2022! You may ask all the questions connected with your account, nickname, etc., here: https://support.gaijin.net/hc/ru/requests/new

Will batteries get a incresed drop?
The wopin 5 pr match is not much
And needing 750 to make a legendarie will take you about  150 matches.
And with a 5min match thats about 12,5 hours of farming, not counting inbetween matches.
Sometimes one looses and get less than 5 batteries

Edited by Sasherz

Woodyrojo (Posted )

Hello, Sasherz! Currently we're gathering all the updated stats on the resources income. We're planning to analyze it and decide, whether we really need any tweaks or not. First of all, we'd like to check the situation with plastic, but batteries are also in the list. If it will be really necessary, we may consider increasing their drop rates or introduce some new ways to acquire them.

Question regarding the option when fusing for accuracy. The game states it reduces spread by 10%. Is that a 10% reduction in MINIMUM SPREAD, MAXIMUM SPREAD, SPREAD WHILE MOVING, or all 3?

Woodyrojo (Posted )

Hello, SOFAking! This applies to the maximum spread while you're standing still or moving.
  • Thanks 2

Any plans on new faction? Any ETA when it could arrive?

I have heared some rumors, but would be nice to hear this from Devs.

Thank You!

Edited by KaSH_

Woodyrojo (Posted )

Hello, KaSH_! Currently we're not working on a new faction, but we're planning to hold some more events with new parts in the future.

The icebox cabin increases the damage of weapons with limited turn angles by 10%, but does it also increase the damage of fire pools created by weapons like the Incinerator or Porcupine? If the damage from fire pools is increased, does it have any effect or change on how fast enemy parts are heated by that fire? Would a Draco flame thrower heat parts up faster when using an Icebox cabin?

Ka1deron (Posted )

Crunk_Prime, the Icebox Cabin increases the damage of all the weapons with limited turn angles. And you are right - it increases the heating speed of enemy parts as well;)
  • Thanks 4