Woodyrojo

Questions to the developers, Summer 2018

Hello! 

There are only two questions :)

1-:Is this reinforcement of the Reaper weapon planned?

2-:Do you plan to weaken shotguns? ( In the battles, these weapons are very dominant.) 

Thank you for your attention

Woodyrojo (Posted )

Hello, ElekHun! 1. We're planning to rework the Reaper in the future, but it shouldn't be expected in the next update. 2. Currently there're no plans to apply any tweaks for shotguns. Still, we'll gather the updated statistics to verify their level of effectiveness. Thank you.
  • Thanks 1

I've noticed that 4 hovers maintain it's current speed when traversing over small & relatively medium or large hills & slopes But an 8 hover build barely maintains it's normal speed being horribly slowed down & sometimes just stops while trying to get through the hills & slopes, I'm talking exclusively about the builds speed when traveling over small/medium/large hills & slopes Not about the normal speed or acceleration of 4 or 8 hovers on flat ground. If needed I can provide more indepth details and provide a side by side of what I'm talking about in the form of a video.

My question is this, Why is a 4 hover build able to go it's normal speed over hills & slopes without being hindered but an 8 hover build can't go it's normal speed over hills & slopes?

And if it's an issue can it be fixed please?

I've enjoyed the game so far so you have my gratitude good sir, thank you for your time.

Edited by TWISTED_METAL_X

Woodyrojo (Posted )

Hello, TWISTED_METAL_X! I suggest you to check out the update 0.8.20: https://forum.crossout.net/index.php?/topic/279354-crossout-0820/ One of the key changes is this one: 'Now the power of an armored car is sufficient for optimal performance of 4 hovers. Installing more will take away power from already installed hovers , which will result in reduced acceleration and maneuverability of the craft'. So, the number of hovers you can mount on your craft is limited. That doesn't mean that you can't mount more than 4, but this will result in power loss of all the hovers in your vehicle. And this influences their maneuverability and ability to overcome different obstacles. Currently we're not planning to somehow change this balance tweak.
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Hi devs can you please fix the missle lock on sound asap please, it cant be that we must wait so long to get it fixed.

Woodyrojo (Posted )

Hello, Draco_Night! Could you, please, leave your bug report in this forum section: https://forum.crossout.net/index.php?/forum/59-bug-reports-premoderation/ ? The detailed bug report with video will help us to fix the issue asap. Thank you in advance!

Guest guest#2

Why does the cannon grab you and deal damage and able to knock down all homing missles with incredible durability at only 4 energy

Woodyrojo (Posted )

Hello! Could you, please, tell me which cannon are you talking about? If it is the 'Spark III', then everything works as intended. Its perk allows the player to slow down his enemies that got hit by the cannon and its ability to deal AOE damage allows to destroy homing missiles before they hit the vehicle. On the contrary, its range of dealing damage is limited and the cannon is not effective at all when used against distant enemies. So, you don't want to be hit by the Spark, do not allow the enemy vehicle to approach you.

hy devs if Russia becomes the wrold cup winner i hope all players recieve a scorpion as gift(or 45k gold gift pack) :) :D 

do you have any plans to implement legionaries in cw?exp 3 clanmates and 1 legionare(who can recieve fragments and scrap but without fame points)

its summer and inactivity raise in all clans,when the weater is good the ppl better go in trips,fishing,etc.

if are just 3 online same time we cat play cw,thx for answers

Woodyrojo (Posted )

Hello, juvenyus! We're not planning such changes (even if they are considered to be temporary). The main thing is there should be no opportunity to influence the clan rating if you are not the member. Otherwise, this may lead to lots of exploits or, at least, won't satisfy the clan wars requirements.
  • Haha 1

Hello, i would like to know when the next patch fix might be coming. We are dealing with many problems here on console that came with the last patch released {1.32}

Woodyrojo (Posted )

Hello, dusting_0115! If you encounter any bug, please, leave your bug report in the special section for the PS4 (https://forum.crossout.net/index.php?/forum/51-sony-playstation-4-bug-reports/) or the Xbox One (https://forum.crossout.net/index.php?/forum/105-xbox-bug-reports/). This will guarantee the fact that we're aware of the issue and will fix it asap. Thank you.
  • Upvote 1

Not sur if it's been bought up but Are there any plan to get controllers vibration on consoles and pc thru controllers?

BjKalderon (Posted )

Hello! Yes, we plan to implement the support of vibration for official PS4 and Xbox One gamepads (for consoles and PC) in the future, stay tuned;)

Hi, are you planing to add ability to reconnect to disconnected raids for unknown reasons or when your client crashes, and/or to PVP ?

Woodyrojo (Posted )

Hello, sONE. Currently we're not planning to introduce such feature, but that's definitely a question to consider. Thank you!
  • Thanks 1

1#; Would you ever consider bringing back the option to make relic containers?

2#; Would you consider making the relic weapons a little bit more easier to craft by increasing the fragment payouts (not by a lot mind you.) or giving us an alternate way of obtaining them?

Woodyrojo (Posted )

Hello, TWISTED_METAL_X. 1. We're not considering this option. Relic weapons are an exclusive feature of the Clan Battle mode (and, probably, some new relics may become obtainable with the new complex raid that has been announced here: https://forum.crossout.net/index.php?/topic/289549-developer-blog-crossout-development-plans-for-the-near-future/ 2. Currently we're not planning any changes to make the process of crafting any relic easier. Relics are considered as ultimate parts, the rarest things in the Wastelands.

Hello.

This is the first time I play a game where we can ask our questions directly to developers and have a response as fast and accurate. Congratulations and thank you.

Could you give us your opinion on the mode "lancelot" / "boom launcher"? x-4-5-6-7-8? And his ability has several enemies OS instantly. (and relatively easily thanks to invisibility.) Is this mode suitable for your vision of the game?

A limit of 2 identical weapons per vehicle is it possible? This would allow diverssifier a little constructions.

Woodyrojo (Posted )

Hello, JeanJean3556! Please, leave a detailed suggestion in this forum section: https://forum.crossout.net/index.php?/forum/16-suggestions-premoderation/ This will allow us to get acquainted with your idea in details and check out the overall feedback of the community. Thank you :)
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 1

Hi, when will custom battle be available for everyone, not exclusive to promo account?

BjKalderon (Posted )

untinman, hello! Currently, Custom Battle is launched in the test mode and contains a number of serious issues. As soon as its properly optimized and completely finished, it will become available for all the players, but it shouldn't be expected to arrive in the nearest future.
  • Upvote 1

Hello devs, have you seen the market lately? In your statement about new resources you said your intention is to diversify crafting and give more opportunities for players to earn coins, but the disastrous situation with plastic makes exactly the opposite. Are you planning to adjust plastic drop rates and/or give us more opportunities to earn it asap?

Woodyrojo (Posted )

Hello, Rainbow__Death! In the next update we're planning to increase the amount of plastic earned during raids

I just got the scanner after i read about the changes to 40 coins and only doing 2 missions to get them. Guess what....it's still 20 coins and 10 missions. what gives?

BjKalderon (Posted )

Zindreg, hello! The changes to the scanner described in the news are planned to implemented with the next update - for now, both the Scanner reward and its daily challenge remain the same;)
  • Confused 1

Guest XYZ

is the scanner coming o PS4?

Woodyrojo (Posted )

Hello, XYZ! Yes, we're planning to add the scanner on the PS4, but this won't happen soon (not in the next update, at least). Also, the scanner itself may be different from what we can purchase on the PC.

Guest Scanner not updated

I saw the message on the website that said the scanner was improved.

When I bought it there was no changes.

Will I be sent the lost coin revenue bc of the misrepresenting website?

When will the scanner be updated with 40 coins per day and only 2 mission requirement?

Woodyrojo (Posted )

Hello! Please, read carefully the news: https://forum.crossout.net/index.php?/topic/289754-news-scanner-changes-in-crossout/ It is said that additional adjustments will be made in the next update, not on the day when the announcement was released.

Not a bad update guys. You redeemed yourselves with the Speed issue. Thank you. It took the most voted on poll in recent history to get a swift response, but that's what this forum is about, banding together, to passionately discuss the things that need to be discussed. Good job, and thanks again. 

Where do i begin? You run a business, to me, that's understood, your responsibilities lie to the ones who sign your paychecks. I get it. A big part of why new content is being rolled out so frequently has to be related to the revenue received from pack sales...it has to be, and again to me that's cool. Its not bad that people who buy your packs, and essentially invest in your game are responsible for the new content, why do you deny it? We don't sign your paychecks, we can't implement policy and we certainly don't make any financial decisions or decide what the team thinks is worthy of adjusting or altering in regards to weapon/part abilities. We do however, put the money in the bank, that your checks are drawn on, and for that we should have an appropriate say in the overall direction in which the game should go. For the most part, i do believe you are fairly receptive to community ideas and you definitely proved that with the roll back. Again, thanks for the response regarding that issue.  

While, a lot of your adjustments and tweaks are warranted, some are not. (Aegis nerf for example was a surprise to literally, everyone) Another such adjustment comes in the form of PvE. 

1. Do you realize that PvE is your least attractive aspect of the entire game of Crossout? Honestly...do you know?

2. Why would you want the grind in PvE, your least popular, dare I say, MOST HATED aspect of the game, to increase? You have consistently adjusted raids the entire year crossout has been open beta to make them harder and longer and drop less rewards. When will you be happy? When can we just say, good...its done, this is this, and its set in stone? Your constant adjustments have literally done NOTHING to help ANYONE have fun playing this game. Why would you spend the resources on such a hated aspect of your game, when the majority of your player base really just wants your PvP mode to be the center piece of this amazing game?

3. Will you consider altering the raid payouts to actually be a reward as opposed to costing us coin/resources to play. As it stands now, due to the player controlled market, raids cost us money and time to play. we get no profit from pouring hours into PvE. For example: IF gas is at x price on the market, and plastic/electronics are selling at y price, then you get z plastics/electronics so that your effort, time and resources are not completely wasted. Nobody wants to do a normal raid to begin with, never mind if the fuel they used cost more than the reward itself! 

Thanks, 

REPLY:

thanks for getting back to me. despite some criticism being edited. i know i know...it was long winded, but you chose some interesting things to leave out of the question....just sayin. 

1. Its the majority, not a part, or small part...the majority. and you focus on it relentlessly.

2. you neglected to answer "why do you think its more important to you, to increase grinding in the least appealing aspect of the game as opposed to focusing the majority of your resources on the universally loved PvP?" pssssst. hey....its ok if you say that to ensure the game does well financially, there has to be a sort of carrot dangling, or that we have to implement something that makes you put in some hours and possibly buy a pack or two....i promise...you can admit it. but, obviously, put it into your own words. 

3. Thank you for increasing the plastic payouts. Will payouts ever be tied to the player controlled market like i originally asked, so that rewards take into consideration the minimum cost to enter the raid and then distribute a reward accordingly, or will you just increase the payout in general? I think by tieing rewards to what it cost to enter is a good idea, and ensures that at all times, we EARN something and it doesn't cost us to play them. 

Edited by HAILCAESAR01481

Woodyrojo (Posted )

Hello, HAILCAESAR01481! 1. We constantly gather all the feedback of our community and yes, we know that a part of the players are not fond of current Raids and they prefer the PvP aspect of the game. However, there's also a part of the community who actually like the Raids or are not against them. Gathering recent feedback always helps us to tweak current raids and points out the things we should pay attention to in the future ones. We won't get rid of the PvE aspect of the game. Instead of that we'll continue our work in order to balance the existing ones properly and to create the new ones that will be more appealing. 2,3. Proper balance can't be achieved just with one or two updates and remain the same forever. The situation always changes and even small gameplay improvements or new features can affect current raids balance. All the changes are being made to maintain the current balance. Otherwise, if we abandon all the tweaks and let it remain 'as it is', it may result in a series of market collapses, price drops, etc. I think there's no need to explain, why this is bad for the players, who earn their in-game coins through farming resources and selling them or crafted parts on the market. I'm not trying to say that currently everything's perfect, but we're working to maintain the balance between rewards and efforts spent to complete the raid. For example, we've checked all the statistics and feedback and decided to increase the amount of plastic earned in 'Normal' raids in the next update.
  • Upvote 2

Hey guys are there any plans to introduce a plastic season just like you have with electronics, scrap and wires? I feel this would be a great way to earn extra plastic. 

Woodyrojo (Posted )

Hello, upright666! In the next update we're planning to increase the amount of plastic earned during raids. Also, later, we're planning to rework all the seasons and daily missions, so it's not an option to add a 'plastic season' now to get rid of it in a while.

Hello! I would like to know if there will be another season of RoboFight? And if yes, when the next season will start ? Will the requirements stay the same ? Can you be very specific with the req ? Still a PS limit? Witch weapons are considered "short range", number of bars? (because i saw crabcrusher 3000 with a pyre last season) and can we submit more then one entry? TY!

Woodyrojo (Posted )

Hello, Thorgall! No, we're not planning to launch another season of Robofight. However, if our plans will change, we'll inform all the players that they can submit their entries again.

Guest guest

I got CrossOut via steam and had a lot of fun (96 hours) until I can't play the game anymore for some reason. 

I don't have a Gaijin account and I've tried all the technical support I can without a Gaijin account.

there are usually two outcomes launching the game

1. it launches but it doesn't have a sign in via steam account

2. black screen

I love this game and I will love to play more of it.

Woodyrojo (Posted )

Hello! Could you, please, tell me, whether the issue still occurs or everything's fine now? Thank you in advance for letting me know!

1 it seem that improved cooler have no effect on single shot weapon (cannon, plasma cannon). i only just realised .  but then,why does colossus affect them ?

before my 2nd question. know that this acount is not linked to any game. i use it for the forum.   and i play crossout on a steam acount. .

now the 2nd question.   i was lucky that my steam acount had a decent name when i started playing but other where not soo lucky and may be stuck with names like '''23487d6528364rty'''   or  '' #####'     i believe that people should be able to change theyr ingame name reguardless of theyr acount being pure-gaijin, pure-steam, or stansfered. is there a very good reason why this is still not a thing yet ?

3. i wanted to try out leviatan war, but didnt had any budy to try it out. probably only 8% of all the player base even knew about it.   too few and too little was done to exploit this aspect of the game.  there should be more raid and special pve where leviatant are a things .  i understand that in the current game story, leviatant is akin to a mythical existance. but since the entire lore turn around horde of raiders killing each other in death machine. i believe it should be more present in the game.  so is there anything in the work for leviatant ?

4 we need more lore even writen lore is fine. thats how dungeon dragon and warhammer started.   do you think you would debate it in 1 or 2 year. or at least when the fabled open world maps get implemented ?(yea, the team anounced it for the far future at some point. and i think the world maps was the step 1 of the whole project if i remember corectly) 

5  the current medal system serve no purpose. you can't even show them to other players. it doesnt unlock anything or update any stat or give any ingame title. if you dont plan to change it. then can you just delete it to make the game instalation file smaller. ?

6  we have explosion weapon damage, balistic weapon, arrow, electric weapon, melee/pasive melee weapons and fire weapon. i guess you know what is the next step. : cold, acid, exotic/alien. no. seriously. do you have something absurd or astounding awesome in the work ? i dont know, maybe a doom mod where we go kill demon in hell ?????? the pack are soo expensive that you could probably aford the right to show some crossover in crossout or at least change the rating of the game to 18+.  that could be real nice. (you dont have to answer this question but it would be really cool if you did)

thats it., im all out of question and bubblegum. thank for making that game.  few game spark interest in the recent years (yea exept this month E3. it kicked **** i know).   keep up the good work. its very appreciated

Woodyrojo (Posted )

Hello, ObisTheTormentor! 1. Coolers affect only those weapons that heat up while you shoot. Single shot weapons don't overheat. Instead of that they just reload after each shot. Perk of the Colossus increases the reload speed of the weapons (so, it affects those weapons, that reload, not cool down). 2. Currently the only option to change your in-game nickname is to link your Steam account with Gaijin online and change it in the GO profile settings (here's the link to the guide: https://support.gaijin.net/hc/en-us/articles/211959385-How-to-link-your-Steam-account-to-your-email-address). 3. In the next update we're planning to introduce a new raid with Leviathan as the main enemy. You may check our recent devblog about our plans for the future: https://forum.crossout.net/index.php?/topic/289549-developer-blog-crossout-development-plans-for-the-near-future/ (this also applies to your 5th question). 4. Actually, the world map has nothing in common with the 'open world' mechanic and we still have no plans regarding it. The 'Exploration' will be a different mode. This is not an open world, but a mode with a big map where up to 4 players may ride wherever they want and complete various tasks. 6. We've already considered some kind of 'acid weapons'. The mechanic is new and exciting, and it's definitely worth a try, but even if any acid weapon appears in Crossout, that won't happen in the nearest future.

First of all

I want to thank you Woodyrojo and BjKalderon for being AWESOME Community Managers.

Everytime i play, i fall more in love with Crossout!

This is all thanks to the Community & to the Dev for the fascinating work.

I have Two Q !

1) Is there plans to drop modules, cabins, weapons into SteppenWolfs garage.. ? (as everyone noticed, this is the lowest faction in Blueprints Part)

2) Any plans to make Faction Battles ? what is this?  Its simple! Factions against each other, how? Players allowed to build a vehicle with One faction  (Players allowed to choose the faction they like) Parts! Modules! Weapons! Wheels/Tracks! FROM THAT FACTION ONLY!

Woodyrojo (Posted )

Hello, BDrain, and thank you for your kind words :) 1. In the future we're planning to increase the number of parts/weapons/modules in each faction and the Steppenwolfs are not an exception. 2. Currently we're not planning any 'faction wars' mode. However, you're always welcome to leave your detailed suggestion in this section: https://forum.crossout.net/index.php?/forum/16-suggestions-premoderation/

Hello, any plans to upgrade the co-drivers?

Currently, we have some very useless perks, that i'm sure are from the beginnings of the game, thats why i think they need a rework.

For example the worst one: stone-deafs co-driver level 15: mad bull: trucker max speed +5km/h... trucker, really? nobody uses that cabin in matches higher than 4kps, maybe change it to something like: heavy cabins max speed +5km/h.

Also the prices of co-drivers are too high, level 15 costs 1600 coins (if you buy the materials of course), is just too much for the tiny help they give, again, like stone-deaf, the cannon co-driver, what sane person would pay 1600 coins for faster trucker builds, nobody. If they are this expensive, they should give a great bonus to encourage people to buy it, i'm prestige 36 and i don't own any level 15 co-driver, is just nor worth it, is way better to add 700 coins and buy another legendary weapon.

Woodyrojo (Posted )

Hello, Heinx! Currently there's no exact information about future co-drivers' perks changes (as well as there's no info whether the current perks will be changed or not). Regarding the prices of the perks: ATM we're considering options to reduce the prices or even to get rid of them and replace requirements in resources with quests to complete.
  • Thanks 3

I couldnt find any answer to this question(which is odd) so here goes;

How is the kill ratio in a players profile counted; Is it purely kills or also assists? Do bot kills count? do drone/sidekick-kills count(you get a sticker for those)?

Woodyrojo (Posted )

Hello, Nailes! Assists also do count. Drones are not being count as the players, so if you destroy a drone it won't benefit your stats.

When is 0.9.90?

Woodyrojo (Posted )

Hello, Robocraftman. We're planning to release the update on the 28th of June. But the date is not final yet and may be changed.

Hi @ll, I have a question about the current "mine cancer" :-)

The number of active Kapkan mines will be reduced on the battlefield, what i have read.

1. How many Kapkan can be active in a regular PVP battle?
  2. How many Kapkan can be active in Clanwar's battle?
  3. The number of active Kapkan are per team or battleground?
  4. Will there be a limit in PVE (raids)?

thx&greetings hauser22

Woodyrojo (Posted )

Hello, hauser22! Currently we're planning to limit the simultaneous number of mines on the map to 2 for each mounted minelayer. This will be the same for all the game modes.
  • Thanks 1