Woodyrojo

Questions to the developers, Summer 2018

This is kinda a two part question with a background.

Crossout has always been amazing for the most part but its been hard to keep up with some of the changes. Im fairly upset that the skinner detaches when at a hold point. This support weapon, stand alone, brought my crew and I, all back to playing on a regular basis after months of sitting out. Completely rebuilding our vehicles, tactics and play styles has been rough and discouraging. I was told the skinner detaching is not a bug, so...

1 Im wondering if the skinner will go back to staying attached(unless shot, over tensioned or personally detached) like it used to?

2 Or are we starting to look at the skinners final form?

In all retrospect, this game is still great, keep up the good work. We're looking forward to future improvements

Edited by rush364
Question edit

Woodyrojo (Posted )

Hello, rush364! If you're playing on the PS4 or the XB1 - we'll release a bug fix that will solve the issue with rope being snapped from excessive tension during automatic winding.

U lied ,certain tracks tires get ecellent grip? When i get ontop of someone even if my tires are touching im stuck completely.

Woodyrojo (Posted )

Hello, dangerous2self. The grip doesn't help you when you're on top of someone's build. This also applies to all the wheels. However, we're planning a feature with dealing damage to the build that got under yours.
  • Thanks 1

dont mind me for my eagerness. i love you for your very understanding responses woodyrojo.

i just wanted to add 1 thing that i forgot. (or i'm gonna forget again and again)

the awesome voice actor that animated the episodes of ''the garage''  its okay if you hire him again for any reason. i can't speak for all the players, but i loved him. he made me fall in love with your game.

seriously. he was good. and his goodbye made me shed a tear even if they where humble (only other fictional character that did that to me are in titanic, tolkien universe, ghibli universe and Buronson universe)

peace

Ka1deron (Posted )

ObisTheTormentor, hello! Even though the garage series has ended, we keep making different videos about the development of Crossout. And you'll be happy to know, that the English version is voiced by the actor that you like;) Stay tuned for our upcoming videos:)
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Just one question.

1/ Do players get matched up by their Engineers Faction level or by their power score?

Ka1deron (Posted )

Adamwid14, hello! Currently, the matchmaker is based on both the PS score and the player's Engineer level.
  • Thanks 1

there is too much ping.  any plan to update server hardware or adding more server to get rid of the dreaded lag during battle.

(this is happening since last year in canada. we have patience but i'd say this is overdue)

it has been more present since 9.9 update wich brought more player online due to the very respectable state the game has become (great job by the way, the game really has becme better over time)

Woodyrojo (Posted )

Hello, Ymirithe! I'd like to ask you to leave a detailed bug report in this section: https://forum.crossout.net/index.php?/forum/59-bug-reports-premoderation/ Please, attach your logs, screenshots with the in-game ping (F11 button) and all the possible info about your experience. Detailed bug reports will help us to find out the reasons and solve the issue faster. Thank you!

Hello Woody / BjKalderon

1)Now you corrected Fusion Gamble a bit, Can we go further and remove useless perks.For Example Aegis module have 3 outcome 2 of them are very good the other one is total failure.

The recent change shows u CAN change fusion system whenever you want or the team agrees on the table.The Useless perks need to be removed UNTIL you develop a complete overhaul or whatever.This change can keep us busy.

2)You know i requested very Advanced suggestions and one of them is Night-Map in June 2017, now i understand why you postponed it,  the game engine and lightning system need to be changed as well.I expect you are developing Proper night map  after July 1 DX11 change. What is your opinion on this,Do i guess correct ?

3)This is directly a Q to you (CM) who handle patch notes on forums.

Can u give us little more detail when u improve model,retexture,soundfx of any item ? In recent 0.9.90 you changed some models i yet to find it :))

Best Wishes

Edited by StreaMRoLLeR

Woodyrojo (Posted )

Hello, StreaMRoLLeR! 1. In the future we're planning to change some of the perks that seem less useful that all the others. Speaking about complete removal of these 'less useful' perks right now - the question will be discussed and there's no final information atm. 2. Somehow yes :) But the lightning features and proper night map shouldn't be expected to arrive right after the DX9 support is gone completely. All these features require a lot of work and some time to be implemented. 3. Thank you for your feedback, got it :)
  • Thanks 1

Will we see more stats added to the 'Personal File', like maybe display clan, how many portraits you have collected, maybe a showcase for your favourite item(s).

Woodyrojo (Posted )

Hello, VeliafHurtz! It is possible in the future, but currently we're not planning to somehow expand the personal file.

I know this has already been suggested multiple times, but is there any chance we might get an increased parts limit?

80 ist just to low, would love it to be 100 or something :)

Woodyrojo (Posted )

Hello, v3rgi1! There's always a chance that the limits will be reconsidered in the future, but ATM, due to tech. reasons, we're not planning to do it.
  • Thanks 1

hi there!

I have a question about rewards u get from brawls... in fact,i wanna know, why i don' t get any rewards when we win the battle? For example, most of the team members went to capture the base,but 3 of us decided to ambush them from the backside,we started a fight to distract them,so they were busy with us instead of defending the base,it worked and we won! At the end of the battle i got 0 rewards and i believe those 2 guys got no credit same as me.I know, there is a lot of afker-smurffers and no one should get credit for doing nothing,but in this case,we played the game and did it for tactical reasons and it worked, but not for me, because i got no rewards for that! 

It seems like tactics in this game isn' t a thing, since u cannot sacrifice urself to help ur team to win and get rewards for ur hard work! I know, that if u blow up something and u get at least 10 points u will get a reward, but it is not easy if ur 3 against 8( u know what i mean). Can u make some changes,like if u move and shoot any of enemy u can still get the reward? Or something like that? Because for me it seems unfair in a lot of cases... For example, my car is uber slow and most of the team goes really fast, they capturing the base before i get even close to the base, the game ends we won and i got nothing. Even though i wasn't afk... Also sometimes i have hitted enemy targets for 4-5 times and at the end i still got nothing... 

The opposite situation is with raids,u can blow up urself and not even play and if ur team still wins u get rewards... That seems broken...

Thanks for Your answers!

Woodyrojo (Posted )

Hello, Guzis! I believe that you mean PvP-missions, but not brawls? (since there's no 'capture the base' gameplay in any of the brawls). Speaking about the rewards - even if you decided to fight with your enemies you can earn enough experience points to receive a reward. Each part that you shoot off gives you some points. You don't even have to destroy the enemy completely to receive some reputation points when the battle is over. If you've missed all your shots then it seems pretty fair that you don't receive any reward. Yes, there's always a minor amount of situations, when you get destroyed in seconds and have no opportunity to fight back, but we don't consider it as an issue or problem. The only solution is to stick to your team members. If you ride alone, then you're always in danger. Speaking about raids, we're already considering possible solutions that will help to deal with afk'ers.
  • Haha 1

Important about fusion : the ressources needed for it are always the same like before the PC update 0.9.70.

always 1 000 electro, and batteries not like now for legendary crafting > 750 elec + 750 copper + 750 batteries and 100 scrap metal

will you changed it ? Like the ressources needed for co-driver ?

Woodyrojo (Posted )

Hello, JarJarBZH! What do you mean by 'fusion'? If it's the 'Upgrade' option in the context menu of the part, then it doesn't require any resorces, only the same parts. Thank you in advance.

Can Hot-Rod parts be added to the Market>Structure tab, for a fixed price and available to buy only 1 time?

They're really cool, can be usefull for contests and I want to build a full Hot-Rod without having to buy that pack.

Edited by KrissGO

Woodyrojo (Posted )

Hello, KrissGO! Currently we're not planning to make any of the structure parts tradable, even if they're pack-exclusive items

I mean about decorationwith 10  epic parts. 

It's like building a legendary, but... with the same cost. (1 000 elec ... )

Woodyrojo (Posted )

Thank you :) The main thing is that decor/paints fusion is mostly a high-level mechanic, designed for those players, who have already achieved everything they wanted in terms of weapons, modules, etc. and now want to get some new decor parts out of those they already have. This doesn't mean that the prices won't change, we'll consider this question in the future.

Hello,

why we can only build a vehicle with max. 80 Parts? 

Woodyrojo (Posted )

Hello, Lordor2022! This rule is here due to some tech. limitations, but also it helps to preserve the in-game balance and to be sure that the battles will be dynamic even on high-PS levels.

Hi what is ETA of new weekly tasks ?

Woodyrojo (Posted )

Hello, sONE! We're not planning to replace the current seasons mechanic with the weekly tasks in the next update (that is planned to happen somewhere between 16 and 20 of July). That's the only official information atm.

Why don't paints,dyes, don't paint everything?

In a post apocalyptic world, if someone paint his car. i think he would paint it all. Not go around rust or tarnished parts of the car. So many paints are not interesting because it barely gives a color, semi transparent taint, to your rusty salvaged looking(even if crafted from scientist hands...) car.

Ka1deron (Posted )

SoulDeliverer, hello! The paints and dyes cover most of the parts of the armored vehicle, but the color of some parts does not change - it is done in order to preserve the visual aesthetics of a faction, the details of which you use in your craft;)

7 / Will you changed  the ressources needed for co-driver ? or it's like the same answer like this ? 

The main thing is that decor/paints fusion is mostly a high-level mechanic, designed for those players, who have already achieved everything they wanted in terms of weapons,

8/ Will the weight of vehicles in the future be taken into account as crushing damage? Since there is already front contact damage. ( and I know about meat grinder and Shiv who did this, but  it could be exactly for the overweight crush )
Because yes, it's funny to lift a tank, with a train blade on his car ... but the weight of a vehicle higher than ours, should logically make us burst the tires or crush the cabin and turning the pilot into tomato juice

9/  Will you creat new bots to help little team PS versus hight team PS . Not like actualy who same bots in each teams. >> WE NEED bots who adjusting with their PS the low team to egal hight PS in not fare matchmaking ( example 5k vs 10k ) and matchmaking it making people very sad when it's happening  :( 

Woodyrojo (Posted )

Hello, JarJarBZH. 7. We're still plannin to change the mechanic of leveling up your co-drivers. It is possible that the perks will be activated with special quests. As soon as any final information appears, we'll share it via preliminary information about the update that will contain this feature. 8. We're also considering such mechanic that would allow you to deal damage to the enemy if you're on top of his/her vehicle. But this feature shouldn't be expected anytime soon. 9. We're not planning any adjustments/scaling mechanics for the raiders in PvP missions. But we've got your concern and we'll discuss it.

Hello,  is there any Information about new factions , i am at My last Level of dc faction then there is nothing left to Level up.

Woodyrojo (Posted )

Hello, Draco_Night! We're not planning to release a new faction in the nearest future and we're not working on it. You can check our plans for the near future in this devblog: https://forum.crossout.net/index.php?/topic/289549-developer-blog-crossout-development-plans-for-the-near-future/

Hello.

1.  Market History Filters

Any way to add an option to select which rarity of items you are searching for from the marketplace history?  It would be an immense asset when reviewing past purchases/sales of a particular rarity.  Want to see only epic trades?  Push a button and *bam*...all your epic transactions for your viewing pleasure!  No need to search page after page...

2. Hovers in Reverse

Any way to fix how hovers operate when moving in reverse?  Currently, the controls are opposite when going backwards and it is very very frustrating.

Thanks in advance.

Edited by II_LieutenantDan
Clarification

Woodyrojo (Posted )

Hello, II_LieutenantDan! 1. We're not planning to add such filters to the market history interface anytime soon, but in the future we'll consider this option as a part of possible interface upgrade. 2. There's no need for a fix. Hovers move just like it was intended. It's a feature of this movement part.

Did you change Chase again after recent update with a hidden patch? I did it on release day and it wasnt that bad even with the new missile turrets,  now I cant even hardly touch the trucks hardly and im doing it with the same group. Hell i had randoms the other day and we did better. My group isnt bad either and we know what we are doing. We did it on medium with 12k builds and we getting annihilated.

Woodyrojo (Posted )

Hello, DRRPickel! We haven't changed anything in Chase except the truck durabiluty reduction on 'Easy' difficulty level. Maybe, your defeats are connected with the faction you were facing against?

Hi, can you please clarify if BigFoot perk affect also speed based perks - like Oppressor Engine, Charged Radiator and Improved Cooler?

Ka1deron (Posted )

Strandvej, hello! The bigfoot perk is connected to the distance, while the effectiveness of the modules that you've described is connected to the speed. The bigfoot's perk may be applied to Lancelots and Thunderbolts, for example;)

Is the dev team going to do anything else to change the plastic situation? Plastic is more valuable than electronics. Medium raids are more lucrative than hard raids. Is that the way it's supposed to be? 

Thanks

xXAngryNuNXx

Edited by _xXAngryNuNXx
Spelling

Woodyrojo (Posted )

Hello, _xXAngryNuNXx! Currently we're not planning any additional changes for plastic. We've doubled the income and, according to the statistics, the amount acquired per raid is just as it is supposed to be. Moreover, I'd like to add that we didn't pursue the goal to lower the prices on the market as they are set by the players and it's completely up to them how do they evaluate their efforts and time spent to gather the resource.

Hi.

1. Can you tell us about the "ravens" from title screen?

2. Will knight-riders be shipping any freezer/ice weapon, smoke bombs or acid sprayers during their next visit?

3. Any plans for south-east Asian server?

4. About a year ago someone commented about adding a "rotatable gunmount" in Youtube, mentioning restriction of certain weapon attachments, specially the frontal ones (e.g. cannons and unguided missiles). Any thoughts about it?

Edited by ALPHA_CEPH

Woodyrojo (Posted )

Hello, ALPHA_CEPH! 1. Currently their origin is covered by a mystery fog, but it's possible that somewhere it the future we'll hear about them. 2. ATM there's no information about the parts that will appear during the next event. We'll release a special devblog as soon as any official information appears. 3. You can choose 'Asia' in the game settings if you want to play on the Asian server. We're not planning to add new Asian servers anytime soon. 4. If you mean a special part that would allow to rotate all the weapons with limited fire angles, then no, we're not planning to introduce it. This may kill one of the most distinctive features of such weapons.

Hello. Why do You choose very bad looking cars for faction vehicles? I cant stand this, there are good looking cars and now... Most of them are-sorry but...- groose.

Did You guys wanna take time and get us new, better looking faction cars?

Woodyrojo (Posted )

Hello, MoroBlizniak! Faction cars are just examples that players can take and improve them according to their taste. We're planning to update faction cars from time to time, but we're not planning to do that soon.
  • Upvote 1

Hello devs,

What are custom battles going to be like? Are they going to just be private matches, or what?

Ka1deron (Posted )

_lollkoll_, hello! It's currently planned, that this mode will allow the players to choose the map, amount of players who are going to participate in the game and which mode is going to be played. It's worth saying that this mode is still a work in progress and once there will be more info about Custom Battle mode, it will be shared with our players.

Dear Woody,

Firstly thank you for all your dedication and patience on this thread. I have two burning questions as follows:

This question is about the final Misty co-driver unlock and perk, but in part it relates to final unlocks for all co-drivers.

When I look at resource requirements for the unlock:

• Is there a specific reason why electronics equate to 85% of the total resource for unlock?
  • Will the planned co-driver rework of resource requirements list have an equivalent electronics resource percentage "bias"?
  • Will the planned co-driver rework require additional resources etc. (fuel for example) to complete challenges, before allowing unlock of a perk, currently available to a player pre rework?
  • Will the planned radical rework of all resource rewards (including seasons, pve, etc.) mean that co-driver unlocks which are currently available to a player, will suddenly become unavailable, without additional resources, task completion or "badges"?
  • Are these two road mapped changes scheduled to arrive in the same patch?

Specifically in regard to the Misty co-driver:

• Please could you clarify what is meant by the perk description "Maximum speed of all movement parts +3%".
  • What qualifies as a movement part please? Cabin? Hover Pod? Fused +10% Acceleration Rocket? Wheel? Engine?
  • What is the current max speed of a movement part to have 3% added?
  • What current metric indicates a movement parts limit/increase in speed?

My second question is simply to ask:

• Three existing brawl modes have been reduced in rotation to 2 sessions per 7 days whilst the modes Football and Battle Royale are constantly in rotation across the week. What prompted these two modes be given overwhelmingly high rotation priority in brawl?
  • Are there any roadmap plans to enhance or expand race brawl mode?
  • Are there any roadmap plans to end race brawl mode?
  • Are there any plans to reassess race mode availability timetable?

(I desperately tried to refrain from asking: Why is the hover ride height reduction included in race mode where there are no melee weapons? Why is there no fuel for the player leading in a race? Will matchmaking ever be in race brawl mode?) I failed!

Thank you for reading my post and ANY answers or light shed on ANY of the above would help to limit the burn of these questions.

Edited by RipUaNew1
Grammar

Woodyrojo (Posted )

Hello, RipUaNew1! 1. Currently we're planning to get rid of resources requirements while leveling up a co-driver and replace them with special quests. Completing the quest will allow you to level up the driver and get the next perk. Still, it's not a final decision and we're considering some other options too. Also, I'd like to mention that any seasons/daily challenges/co-drivers' perks changes shouldn't be expected to arrive in the next update. 2. This means that your movement parts' speed limit increases by 3%. Movement parts are: augers, wheels, tracks, legs, hovers. The perk bonus will be more noticeable on augers, tracks and legs as their speed limits are higher. Yes, there's no interface metric that indicates these limits, but we'll consider the possibility to add this information. 3. The BR mode needs to be held for 2 days as it has its own leaderboard and a valuable prize. The Steel championship brawl will be active only until the 22 of July. We're not planning to get rid of the 'Race' brawl. On the contrary: we're planning some improvements in the future, once all the top-priority tasks will be completed :) 4. There's no possibility not to include the height tweak in the brawl, because it is applied to the part itself. Since all the vehicles in the brawl are premade, there's no way to replace hovers with any special ones, designed for the brawl. The fuel replenishment mechanic works in a test mode and further changes are possible. Currently the idea is that all the players have the opportunity to catch up with the leader and the final winner is unknown till the very end of the race.