Woodyrojo

Questions to the developers, Summer 2018

Hi! in previous communication it was stated that the Legendary weapon, "Reaper" was going to get a rework. That it will possibly no longer overheat. There has now been 2 updates and nothing has been implemented. Was hoping you could please shed some light :)

Thank You

Ka1deron (Posted )

TheRock32, hello! As it was stated in the prelimenary news regarding this update, the balance tweaks to the "Reaper" minigun and the "Tormentor" weapon booster were delayed for the future updates and won't be included in the 0.9.95 update. It means that these tweaks will be applied, just later;)
  • Like 1

Hello Devs.

I am a new player and i have a question about the free dyes that could be won by leveling up.

So I can't get the Bromine,Tornado and Sandstorm dyes,even if I am the needed level.

I cant find the right patch. What happened?

Ka1deron (Posted )

Chicheka, hello! These dyes are not exactly connected to the player's level - Tornado and Sandstrm dyes can be obtained by finishing the special missions in tutorial part of our Crossout while the Bromine dye is won by winning the first battle in Invasion mode;)
  • Thanks 1

Will the Aegis get an energy reduction as well now that the barrier costs the same. The aegis was nerfed hard to the point that 3 energy is too much with very little given. It just doesnt do enough to warrant 3 energy. I think it should be 2 energy since the kapcan does more for a player than the aegis does and thats only 2 energy

Ka1deron (Posted )

AzraelsGrace, hello! At the moment there are no plans to decrease the energy requirement for Aegis - Prime. Even though it's shield radius have been decreased, it later received a 60% buff ( with the 0.9.20 update).
  • Sad 1
  • Upvote 1

Hello Crossout,

Two rapide question about your contest Art of winning : I don't find discussion about it. I hope you could answer them :)

1/  You said

• Take a screenshot of your vehicle in battle;
  • Take a screenshot of your best post-battle statistics on this vehicle;

1/ the 1st screenshot must be in the same battle than the 2nd , right  ?... and the 2nd must show all the players with their scores Kill / assit... , right ? 

or the 2nd screenshot show our car on the right, and his score + factions scores ? 

2/ Console players can taken a video ? Because it's not simple to take the 1st screenshot in battle , when we don't know our final score ... and when we made a wonderful score, we coul'd not return back in battle. 

Thank you for future answer, and good day Crossout :) 

Ka1deron (Posted )

JarJarBZH, hello! 1). No, these two screenshots don't necessary need to be from the same battle - you vehicle can be shown in the garage or in test-drive as well. Yes, the second screenshot should present the post-battle statistics;) 2). Unfortunetely, the participation in this specific contest requires screenshots, but thank you for bringing this up - we will discuss this and try to make such activities more comfortable for console players;)
  • Like 2

Hi devs, few questions/comments/other.

* I believe Harvesters are OP in their current values. They scale quickly to higher damage per energy and PS than any other legendary by far and are able to be used in low PS without ammo, radiators/coolers, or engines. While I believe they were in a bad place before, you simply see them at every single power level from brand-new players on up. Their explosion resists, melee resists, high durability, low PS/Energy, no requirements, and massive damage means they are currently about twice as popular as the next most popular Legendary. I see even veteran players struggling to come up with a solution at the highest power levels.

* Lances, Spears are a frustrating and annoying concept. They have such an enormous damage output that you simply cannot BUILD to survive them at any power level you face them. You can only hope to take off more lances/spears per collision, which isn't a very good hope. I believe single-use items can't ever be balanced against items that recharge. The amount of power they have to possess to make them worth the limitation of one use means that they are overwhelming against the players who get attacked. All other weapons/modules have to be parcelled out with heat/recharge but these items pour out all their energy once. Whether such weapons are bombs or guns or lances, they feel broken to those who fight them. Not only that, but the players who use them, do such damage and lose so much of their power afterwards, that they know they are essentially suicide bombers and they have limited interest in helping the team or doing the objective. They simply drive off and kill/maim several enemies and their match is done. Even drones, have multiple charges. This allows them to remain active participants in the match. These weapons, along with harvesters, have severely reduced the value of Goliaths/Grinders/Armored Tracks which have no added resistance to them, and are just slow targets. I personally have almost completely stopped using them, and I have lots of tracks and quite enjoyed tank builds. But they simply aren't tanky and can't stand up to single-use weapons.

* Question, does the Corrida cabin help mandrakes? And does it help weapons who have fire on the move penalties like cannons? I think many of us are a bit confused as what is accuracy, spread, spread on the move, or spread because of repeated firing (autocannons/machine guns). Any clarification would help.

* I understand the desire to make relics cool, but I think many people feel they are P2W and help one play mode and set of players above the others. If players mostly enjoy PvE, they should have equal access to everything because they are sustaining the game the same as others. Going to the market to get such items isn't really a solution. Moreover, I feel they are vastly more powerful than legendaries, far more than their power score indicates. I think some other games make this mistake of trying to promote one type of game mode or style over the others, which makes players feel like 2nd class citizens if they don't use the preferred method. If you over a play mode, players should be able to enjoy and compete in it and not be at a tremendous disadvantage if they go into another mode.

* I believe Mandrake should be 7 energy. It would still tremendously limit the weapon, but it would be possible to mount at least radar or such.

* I use hovers on some of my builds. However, I still feel they are slightly overpowered, especially to lower PS users who do not have the weapons to deal with spaced armor on vehicles that fast. 

I think the game is progressing nicely and it's a lot of fun. There are very creative players here and the game gives opportunity to do interesting things.

Ka1deron (Posted )

Hello, dukerustfield! Thank you for sharing your detailed feedback regarding a number of aspects in our game. We continue working on both new content and optimizing the already existing one and such constructive feedback form our players helps us to understand what elements of the in-games balance may require additional attention while creating the next update for Crossout. As you know, changes to the in-game balance always take additional time, as their implementation has a direct effect on the whole game, which is why none of them are applied without first checking both the statistical data and the current situation on the live servers and we intend to keep working on balancing every game element. As for your question regarding the Corrida's perk - yes, it affects all of the weapons that have a spread parameter, so it works for cannons and Mandrake as well.
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 2
  • Upvote 1

I'm sure this question has been asked quite a few times before, but I feel it needs to be asked again. Are we ever going to receive a speedometer? Or some kind of HUD interface that tells us how fast we are going? Multiple parts, including the Oppressor Engine and the Charged Radiator, require us to be going a certain speed. 80kph and 30kph respectively. Are we ever going to be able to tell how fast we are going? or are you guys just dooming us to guessing. If you're going to implement such bonuses that require us going a certain speed, shouldn't you give us some way to measure our speed? Or does that make too much sense for you.

Ka1deron (Posted )

Cod3NameDak, hello! As it has already been mentioned earlier, at this stage of development we do not plan to add the speedometer into the game. One of the main reasons behind that is that other indicators are coping with the speedometer's functions. As for other cases that reqire additional info, such as speed in races or the Tormentor's perk - they are currently being discussed and worked on.
  • Like 2

Hope so we have some shiny day epic genesis too. there is already epic ammo box, but no epic genesis. :((  

Ka1deron (Posted )

erkwounder, at the moment there are no plans to implement an epic analog of the "Genesis" factory as it might cause issues with the in-game's balance.

Guest PhillipsZ28

Hey i love this game but in all seriousness can the devs implement some or ANY type of fair matchmaking. I have some cool weapons and stuff collected but it seems if me and my friends use say 7000 vehicles we face nothing but high 8000’s and up and then when we go to even 9000 we just face nothing but 12,000 and up and it feels like the matchmaking is just based on rng almost.  I really think if a PS bracket system were put in place more people(especially newer players) would play and continute playing the game.  Just a thought and would love to hear some feedback

Ka1deron (Posted )

PhillipsZ28, hello! As you've already mentioned in your question, the teams in PvP missions are being matched according to their PS level. I recommend you and your friends (especially if you are playing as a squad) to modify your vehicles, so that the majority of power scores would go into the weapons and modules. This way, the PS frames will change and you will be facing opponents with different PS level;)

Hi again Devs.

. Is there any future work for cannon as I believe they too OP compare to  melee and close combat weapons all it takes is one shot from distance and half your car is gone while melee and close range weapons are risky weapon you have to get close to do dmg and you are useless and futile from a distance.

Ka1deron (Posted )

Hello! Currently there are no plans to bring fundamental changes to the cannons. They have been initially designed as a powerful long-distance weapons, but due to their reloading time and slow (sometimes limited) turning they can be countered with a number of other weapons. Having said that, if their effectiveness prooves to be too high, we will consider applying additional tweaks to them in the future updates.
  • Haha 4
  • Confused 1

1) here’s an idea in lieu of a speedometer  until you’re systems can apply it without a hassle

Have you considered giving modules/weapons/Bigfoot wheels a percentile indicator like with the humpback? That way we can know how much of the ability is being used? 

We will know how much of the Coolers/Rads/Oppressors/Bigfoot’s abilities is in use

And for crickets and whirlwinds place a small percentage marker maybe on the top left or top right of our reticle so we know how much more percentage our damages is increasing?

And also @BjKalderon

You asked if I could further detail what I meant by aiming, here’s a test video I did on xbxo 

https://xboxdvr.com/gamer/vilecrib3/video/c222965e-98df-406a-8751-010cc1e70106/716d58ea-feb8-4868-aecc-a422006935d9

I don’t know why, but at at some point after aiming high enough the gun “resets” it’s aim. Yes I know about the 3rd person perspective compensation, but I’m confident it worsened with the flea market patch, I’m 100% positive something had changed with aiming and I’m not alone in this, could consider looking into it?

Also, when can we expect the next dev blog on the upcoming mid August patch?

As always, thank you for continuing to improve the game.

Edited by VileCrib_3

Ka1deron (Posted )

VileCrib_3, hello! 1). Yes, we are currently considering the implementation of the indicator for the Tormentor, so that the players would have a more clear understanding of the engine's perk. But we don't want to overburden the UI as well, so at the moment there are no plans to add more indicators. 2). Thank you for the provided video, we'll inspect the issue; 3). Usually, the preliminary info is released a couple of days before the update arrives and we plan to keep it up. Thank you for your questions and stay tuned;)
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

hello devs,

When u guys gonna add battries and plastics to seasons?

Ka1deron (Posted )

harry96, hello! The rework of both seasons and daily missions is still in progress and we plan to implement it with one of the upcoming updates. Stay tuned for our patchnotes and update's preliminary information;)

Explosive weapons and weapons with ammo need to be buffed in Raids. When trying to complete the large amount of cannon based Season Missions I couldn't find a suitable combination. I had 6 ammo boxes on board, including 2 fused for extra ammo (Rare/Epic), 1 non-fused Epic, and 3 non-fused Rare ammo boxes. I was frequently running out even when I picked up the extra ammo from the bots, which only give out 4 rounds the rare occasion they drop one. 

Suggestions on how to fix. Increase the base ammo count on the weapons, increase the amount of ammo that Ammo Boxes can carry, increase the drop rate and provided amount of ammo received from raider drops.

Damage output way too low across the board. The bots have a minimal amount of parts and a huge amount of health. That makes the explosion radius of all explosive based weapons redundant. Towers like the ones found on Steel Cradle are extremely hard to fight against. Tested weapons, 3x Cyclone, 3x Whirlwind, 3x 88 Executioner, 2x Tsunami, 2x Little Boy, 2x Mammoth.

Suggestions on how to fix. Drastically increase the base damage and reduce/eliminate the explosion radius while in Raids. Or rework/eliminate the bot scaling and introduce new bots that follows the same rules and restrictions as players do. Increase or decrease the amount of raider spawns to adjust the difficulty.

Allow the community to get involved and help design new faction bots for each difficulty level.

Ka1deron (Posted )

DeucesWiId, hello! Thank you for your suggestions. We will keep bringing additional improvements to the raids in the future. Don't forget, that you can share your ideas and suggestions about improving our game in this forum's thread: https://forum.crossout.net/index.php?/forum/16-suggestions-premoderation/
  • Upvote 1

Guest mattzimbo

Hi guys, so to download crossout i used a link through the russianbadgers video who was sponsored by gaijin at the time, but when i selected the reward for using his link and downloaded the game, i did not get the three bonus guns i was promised, any help?

Ka1deron (Posted )

Hello, mattzimbo! I recommend you to contact the technical support unit and describe your problem in detail, here's the link (and don't forget to log in first!): https://support.gaijin.net/hc/en-us/categories/200612042-CROSSOUT

Please tell me you guys have some sort of actual in-game event planned soon? Game play is getting stale and repetitive.

Also do you plan to add all color flares to the game? I really want some white or black flares. Black flares specifically. (Maybe make the flares color changeable with a color wheel, or make a flare that fades between multiple colors) :(

Woodyrojo (Posted )

Hello, MontyCasper! Currently, the closest event that we're planning to launch is the Knechtes event. Usually knight riders bring some exclusive and exciting stuff to the Wastelands and there's a reason to believe that this time they also won't disappoint us :) The event is planned on this autumn. About flares: it's possible that we'll introduce some similar decor items in the future.
  • Upvote 1

Why have "spaced armor" on Hovers, the same effect, like heavy armor on ground vehicles?

I shot with my cannons to an enemy hover, and he can keep the same income damage, like a enemy ground player with heavy armor.

Why is this?

Woodyrojo (Posted )

Hello, Todesklinge! It's not about hovers, they do not grant you any bonuses to structure parts. It's all about the features of the in-game constructor and correct parts mounting. An effective combination of common light/medium parts and parts that can be shot through sometimes can be just as profitable as a part with high structure. But, of course, it depends on the type of vehicle you are to build (light/heavy).

Hi :)

I recently got onto the Crossout show as the ‘Tracked Equilibrist’ as it was named. I am not sure if I will get the gold, some other winners claim they get it and others say they do not. I am on xbox and I stated in the email that I was, I don’t believe us console players link an email, but if there was any link it would’ve been the one I provided anyway, I feel like I might not ever receive my reward because of platform, is there something that can be done?

Woodyrojo (Posted )

Hello, ThatCrazyFish_0! Your platform is not a problem :) We're aware that you play Crossout on XB1. You'll receive your reward soon.

Guest codytothemax18

hello, long time player, first time forum user. i had a few questions after the release of the "corrida" pack, being that the corrida parts are received after level 15 on nomads, i was wondering if you're going to have a vehicle for every faction after prestige? i mean honestly that would be awesome. i buy every pack every time!

Woodyrojo (Posted )

Hello, codytothemax18! If you mean adding some more parts from the future bundles as a reward for new prestige levels (like it's working now for the Corrida parts), then it is possible, as we believe that all the players should have an opportunity to receive structure parts.

With the current dynamics of the game, the most important resource to collect is the plastic, in a few days I noticed some slight changes in the plastic raids and please I would like to respond in depth to the following:

1) The incursions with the scavengers, whatever, are stupidly difficult, in normal difficulty, the mandrake and the porcupine do too much damage

2) In the usual rotation of missions, I see that the opportunity to chase or cradle of steel, which are the most practical to collect the material, has decreased significantly.

3) Despite duplicating the material obtained as a reward, the price of plastic, at least in the Xbox One edition, is still very high. So what you did, did not help. Do you plan to do something about it?

Thank you

Woodyrojo (Posted )

Hello, FerchoMuRoXB! 1. The diffciulty may be changed with the update, if the previous statistics shows that previously it was too easy/hard. We'll check the updated data and apply some tweaks if it will be necessary. 2. The rotation of raids is random. We haven't applied any changes to it. 3. It is possible that there will be some changes in the amount of plastic received after completing raids, but all these changes are done not to influence the price. They are done to help the players to receive more resources from raids if their amount is not significant enough.

( I don't think this has been posted the first time since it doesn't show here or in my activity. If there are 2 questions just like this, know that it is coincidence) 

I have one question: Will we have a crafting bench or a lootbox for all the cabins gotten exclusively by paying real money, like the Icebox, Steppe Spider... and the cabins that are no longer obtainable (Jockey, Carapace, Bear...) ?

Woodyrojo (Posted )

Hello, Bernard01! ATM we are not planning to add any other way to get these cabins. Also, please, pay attention that you can get them not only by paying real money for packs, but also on the market using coins that you've earned while playing the game and selling stuff on the market.

1. Will the new raid that gives relic fragments as rewards give us fragments for all the relics or just the new relic ? 

2. How much fuel will this raid cost? 

Woodyrojo (Posted )

Hello, EVAN_WILLAMS! The final concept of the new raid, its 'fuel cost' and possible rewards are still being discussed. ATM, there's no info that players will receive relic fragments. Possibly, new parts will be received in echange for raid tokens and resources. However, it's just one of the options, not the final and approved one.

Hello, i am concerned about crossout 1.0 (post beta/ normal game :D) is it planned to happend and when?
Also i would like to know are there any plans on making this game more popular, and more crowded ?

Woodyrojo (Posted )

Hello, CRUSHER_! 1. The release version of Crossout (a.k.a 1.0.0) is not planned to happen soon, as there're lots of new ideas, suggestions and improvements yet to implement. 2. Of course! Any new survivor is always welcome :)

Is there going to be more non-fighting or semi-fighting content? I liked the racing mode until it became hover=win. The Soccer was good while it lasted. Could we get some sort of car Biathlon with Shooting plus driving. Or some sort of race where you can only mount 3 pts of weapons. I would like an alternative to standard PvP which gets repetitive. The game covers weapons combat well but lacks driving/racing content.

Odd Question - I was looking at photo albums of abandoned towns in Russia. Some of the places looked a lot like Old Town or the Chemical Factory. Is that where your artist gets his inspiration?

Woodyrojo (Posted )

Hello, FiveOClock! 1. We're planning to work on some new PvP content that would differ from current standart missions (just like the recent Steel championship). This modes, most likely, will appear during special events. Speaking about the Race brawl - we're also planning to rework the mode in the future. 2. According to the lore of the game, the action takes place in Eastern Europe. But sure, the source of inspiration can be found anywhere, including some russian towns or even cities (the 'Tower' map).

Hello, I know it is a long shot, could it be possible to place a layer of frame OVER another? In such a way, prayers would be able to place bigger wheels (tractors and bigfoot) on the top layer and smaller wheels on the bottom layer so that the vehicle would still be horizontal even if equipped with different sized wheels.

Woodyrojo (Posted )

Hello, Mick_Jones17299! Currently we're not planning to implement such changes. However, you may leave your suggestion and discuss it with other survivors here: https://forum.crossout.net/index.php?/forum/16-suggestions-premoderation/
  • Like 1

Is it true that a player is immediately removed from a battle if they are reported as inactive?

Woodyrojo (Posted )

Hello, Kevhigs! If you mean reports by the players, then no. But right after all the reports will be checked, the AFK player may receive a penalty, according to the Rules (https://forum.crossout.net/index.php?/topic/254998-rules-of-behavior-on-the-game-servers/).

Hey :)

I wanted to know if theres any ETA on the Clan Rework / Added Features?
Mostly interested in the possibility to rename a Clan.

Thanks

Woodyrojo (Posted )

Hello, v3rgi1! We're not planning to add a rename feature soon. The closest changes/small improvements will turn off the possibility to be kicked for AFK in Clan battle and add player's lvl information in the window of incoming clan requests.