Woodyrojo

Questions to the developers, Summer 2018

hello,

you guys have any plans for a new heavy cabin?

Woodyrojo (Posted )

Hello, harry96! Currently we're not planning to introduce a new heavy cabin, but it's possible that we'll add some in the future. ATM we're working on the previously announced changes and future Knechtes event.

Guest Mac

Will a version for mac ever be available?

Woodyrojo (Posted )

Hello! Currently we're not planning to release Crossout on Mac or Linux.

1.  When will we see more craftable items in the game? There are a lot of event only and pack items floating around and their prices are extraordinarily high compared too everything else. Even tho i wan't to play with them, i am unable to purchase/make them (cyclone for example).
  2. Why are there so many rare and epic weapons which shares nearly identical stats? Aren't epic's supposed to be better than rares in dealing damage? Weapons in question are: Defender and tackler, synthesis and prometheus V, junkbow and fafnir (in this case the junkbow actually deals more damage???). This have been one of the biggest puzzles i have had since beta launch, but now it seems even stranger than before.
  3. Could the executioner, fat man and judge get a bit more ammo? Even with a upgraded epic ammo pack it's still not enough for missions.

Woodyrojo (Posted )

Hello, NaggNogger! 1. We're still planning to add event items to factions' workbenches in the future and the Cyclone is not an exclusion. 2. Rare and epic items shouldn't be necessarily different in terms of their damage parameters. For example, the Tackler is a much more protected version of the Defender (do not forget its perk). This means that the weapon lives longer on the battlefield and deals more damage until it's shot off. The Prometheus also deals more damage if the player is able to use its perk. 'Epic' rarity grade is not always about the direct 'damage' parameter buff. 3. Currently no plans on increasing their ammo, but it could be a possible balance tweak, once it will be needed.

I'm made a post recently which I would of just directed my question here if I knew.

My question: Will there be any updates soon that include new customizations such as skins?

Woodyrojo (Posted )

Hello, Kilahhjoe! We're not planning to introduce new skins in the nearest update, but we have some interesting ideas for the future how to develop this part of the game. We'll share all the information as soon as it becomes final :)

are there any planned tweaks for the hammerfall shotguns? i heard it from someone that their damage are going to get reduced :(

Woodyrojo (Posted )

Hello, majestic_worm! ATM we're not planning any changes for the Hammerfall. However, stay tuned to our news. We're planning to publish the preliminary information about the next update this week. There you'll be able to check all the planned balance tweaks.
  • Haha 1

Is the ammo requirement for Reapers going to be removed at some point? To me, it makes no sense other Legendary guns (Hammerfall, Cyclone, Aspect) do not require ammo and are all less energy cost. 

Woodyrojo (Posted )

Hello, MSquared! The ammo requirement is one of the balancing measures for the Reaper to control its effectiveness and its feature. Yes, currently the Reaper doesn't satisfy our overall expectations, but we're planning to tweak its parameters and replace the current perk with the new one.
  • Thanks 2

when is the knight riders event and what guns specifically will be cratable in that particular event period?

When custom battles will be made available to players as right now only gms and tournament organisers have access to this mode.

Woodyrojo (Posted )

Hello, Capt007Deadpool! Currently we're planning to launch the event in September - early October. We'll release a special devblog about the new parts we're going to see, when the plans will be approved. The 'Custom battle' mode still needs some improvements and has some bugs to be fixed until it releases for all the players. We're working on it and didn't change our plans to make it available for everyone.

Good afternoon people,

I have a question regarding the damage buff offered by the draco, incinerator, aurora etc.

If I fire a matching pair, would the weapons buff the damage of the other, so both weapons are doing +100%  or is the effect initiator excluded from the buff damage? 

I hope this is clear

Thanks, 

Darkmatterii 

Woodyrojo (Posted )

Hello, Darkmatterii! For example: one Firebug till its overheat can heat up the part up to 50% bonus damage. Two Firebugs are able to heat the part up to 100% bonus damage till they overheat. Three Firebugs heat up the part up to 100%, but do it much faster and you haven't to wait till the weapons' overheat.

greetings devs,

1. are the heavy cabs ever going to get 12 points of energy again?

2.  will we be able to add more than 2 stickers?

3. why can we not trade structure parts?

4. the last but not least, will you add more battle callouts?

if the devs approved and replied, my day will go awesome. thanks

Ka1deron (Posted )

Kenny_drift_43, hello! 1). At the moment we don't have plans to re-balance the heavy cabins in the game. Additional corrections to their stats are possible (in case they will be necessary) But an overall rework shouldn't be expected in the nearest future; 2). Yes, after the support of DirectX9 has ended, we plan to get rid of this technical limitation and allow the players to apply more than two stickers on their vehicle. This change may be included in one of the nearest updates;) 3). There are a numbers or reasons for that limitation - 1. The structual parts is an important element of the players' level progression in Crossout; 2. It is important, that every player has approximately the same amount of this parts, otherwise it may directly harm the game's balance; 4). At the moment there are no plans for that, but you can always share your ideas in the "Suggestions" category of our forum - in case your original idea gets a lot of feedback form other players and hasn't been included in our "ideasbox", then it's quite possible that your suggestion will be discussed and considered for implementation;)

Update? you guys are on vacation?

Ka1deron (Posted )

Hello! Nope - we've already published the dev. blogs and the preliminary info about 0.9.110. The update is on its way and it's planned to be released this week;)

hi,

what happened to the refinery map?

Woodyrojo (Posted )

Hello, harry96! The Refinery map was created to suit the old raids and it needs to be refurbished. As soon as it will be done, we're planning to bring it back :)

It's been over six months since the last new items were permanently added to the workbenches (addition of Firestarters faction). Week after week, month after month we grind resources but there's really nothing interesting to craft with them for veteran players as all the newer items are unique (uncraftable). Can we expect something new in this regard in one of the upcoming updates?

Woodyrojo (Posted )

Hello, Mekaniz! In September we're planning to launch an event with some new unique craftable parts. Also, please, do not forget that in the future we're planning to add previous parts (the Cyclone, the Aspect, the Prometheus V, the Fafnir and the Piercer) to the factions' workbenches.

i am having a problem with the anticheat software, it cant start, and stops the entire game from starting. plz help, i had no problem without this specific anticheat software.

Ka1deron (Posted )

FEGTV, hello! I recommend you to create a proper bug-report (describing the issue in detail) in this section of our forum: https://forum.crossout.net/index.php?/forum/59-bug-reports-premoderation/

Hi again, 

I have a dumb question. Hopefully my last.

Mistys perk "firestarter" that boosts fire damage by 5%, is that 5% per fire weapon or overall per hit? Would I get 10% more damage using two incinerators? 

Thanks again

Darkmatterii 

Ka1deron (Posted )

Hello, Darkmatterii! The "Firestarter" perk gives a 5% boost to the damage of every fire weapon you have installed on your vehicle. It doesn't stack, so you won't get a 15% damage boost if you installed 3 incinerators, but each of them will have a separate 5% boost to their fire damage;)

Hello there,
I have some questions about mandrake and caucasus.
The damage to mandrake's attack is too low, and it can't cause actual damage to the enemy, and it has no power to deal with melee attacks. Should it strengthen the mandala?
Is there any intention to change back to auto-aiming for caucasus? After all, caucasus is a shame in purple weapons.
Thank you!

Woodyrojo (Posted )

Hello, WangJianlin! Currently we're not planning any changes for the Mandrake. Yes, its spread is a bit random sometimes, but if hits the enemy even a single shot may be enough to cause an enormous amount of damage or even destroy the enemy. Speaking about the Caucasus: we're still tracking it's effectiveness. If it will be necessary, we'll see some additional tweaks in one of the future updates.

Hello there!

- Are you planning nerf fortune maybe? In my opinion its just too good now.

- Why You dont want to give us crossout music in the missions? I think its gonna be good tweak. Even in War Thunder there is music in PVP

- So i see just one CGI Crossout trailer. Are you gonna make some more of these? Its good idea for advertisement.

Ka1deron (Posted )

Hello, MoroBlizniak! 1). Some adjustments for the Fortune are planned to be implemented with the next update, however there are no plans to change the parameters of this weapon as at the moment it show a normal effectivity (for a legendary weapon) in battles; 2). Adding the music directly into action requires additional work as it's wrong implementation may harm the battles dynamic and distract the player from the gameplay. However, we have plans to add music into different game modes later (and only to the Brawls); 3). As you pobably know, the creation of CGI trailers (even the short ones) takes both a lot of time and resources. It's quite possible that there will be more trailers using both in - game graphics ones and CGI, and we'll be sure to announce them via the news;)

will we see a fix for fuze drone?

sometimes it crash in enemy tanktracks or enything else and the drone is down without boom. it need some collision resistance!

and sometimes i drop the drones and they needs 3-5 sec to follow the next target.

Woodyrojo (Posted )

Hello, __BloodAsp__! Please, leave a proper bug report here: https://forum.crossout.net/index.php?/forum/59-bug-reports-premoderation/ Any video evidence of the issue is welcome and will help us to find out the bug and fix it asap. Thank you!

Hi guys.

Please, do you will give some love to the mandrake? The damage isn't enough and it's the most cheap legendary weapon on the market. 

Woodyrojo (Posted )

Hello, FerchoMuRoXB! According to our data, the Mandrake is a pretty effective legendary weapon. Its price on the market not always corresponds with its effectiveness. Sometimes it just depends on the mechanic of the weapon. It's a niche weapon for those who prefer such mechanic.

Guest Kanter123

i have an question. when i mount small wheel or medium wheel on any car rotating wheels don´t work  is this bug or what?

Woodyrojo (Posted )

Hello, Kanter123! Unfortunately, I couldn't repeat the bug. Please, leave your bug report with all the information/screenshots/videos you've got here: https://forum.crossout.net/index.php?/forum/59-bug-reports-premoderation/ Thank you!

Hello Woodyrojo and BJKalderon, I’m FN 2492 on Xbox Crossout.  I just want to say first what a revolutionary and addicting game you all have, and I love it to the point that I’ve spent over a $1000 on it since week one on Xbox.  It’s a shame it’s not beating out Fortnite, or as popular as Warframe.

Now, on to my question; I was wondering if you all were considering adding an mmo campaign like Defiance 2050? another game that I am fond of.  I also looked up Hardtruck Apocalypse, your predecessor to Crossout.  I believe that a mmo campaign fusing a Hardtruck Apocalypse like campaign, and Defiance’s mmo’s aspects would make this game explode with new life, and bolster it with new players.  World of tanks won’t be able to keep up!

If you guys are working on something like this, would you please restrict pvp to certain designated areas like Defiance, so that it won’t make this game a griefers  paradise like Fallout 76, ARK, and Rust?

Woodyrojo (Posted )

Hello, TKFN! Currenly we're not considering the option to add some kind of a campaign. It's an exciting suggestion to think about in the future, but currently we're already working on a new content and various improvements for the game. You should definitely check out the 'Exploration' mode when it comes out as it wil not only add the possibility to ride the big map without any time limits, but also provide you with different tasks, some of which are planned to be story-oriented.
  • Like 1

Guest riskyexponent

why can we only buy 1 of each pack? 

also thank you for your time and service to the forum devs

Woodyrojo (Posted )

Hello, riskyexponent! This is implemented because it's impossible to receive same structure parts over and over again. The amount of such parts is limited so all the players are in equal conditions it terms of protecting and building their vehicles. If you would purchase the pack for the 2nd time, you would receive less for the same amount

why implement this daily resource limit. its a absolutly stupid idea.i do not enjoy raids at all.i rarely play them normally i just play for wires and scrap.your idea may be to get people to play more raids i really dont know but me for 1 would rather turn the game off than play raids all day.i normally play all day but this will now change as soon as i hit my daily limit.some nights when i play i might go past midnight like last night so after i installed the update i had already reached my scrap limit for the day already.ridiculous idea.why would you punish the players who play your game the most!!i would really appreciate it if you would publish my question this time please

Woodyrojo (Posted )

Hello, AtrainSS1! I'm sure that you already know it, but we've decided to return weekly resource limits and even increased them :)
  • Like 1

Nice work with new Hatchet model, i liked a lot. I never use this part in my builds before, i will make some with them now. Thank you Crossout Developer Team!

Edited by aldermatias

Woodyrojo (Posted )

Hello, aldermatias! It's a pleasure that even a rework of one model will allow you to renew your vehicles or even build some competely new. Thank you for the feedback :)

“Improved the crosshairs for guns with slow-moving projectiles (except ‘Mandrake’).”

-First of all THANK YOU for addressing the aiming issue

My only question is what is considered “slow moving”, is it non hit scan? Is it projectile velocity of certain weapons than a particular speed (ie less than tsunami’s or 88s) , or....?

also, it’s not just projectile weapons, hit scan weapons have the same issue:

https://xboxdvr.com/gamer/vilecrib3/video/c222965e-98df-406a-8751-010cc1e70106/716d58ea-feb8-4868-aecc-a422006935d9

Edited by VileCrib_3

Woodyrojo (Posted )

Hello, VileCrib_3! This change applies to cannons, auto-cannons, minelayers, crossbows, unguided rockets. In the video you've sent we can see how parallax works in the game. It means that, even if you're aiming higher that the top of the vehicle or right at the weapon, you still may hit something different (cabin, part), as the invisible ray built out of the shotgun's or any other weapon's barrel meets this obstacle on its way to the point you're aiming at.

Guest Consoles
Hello, when is expected with the Devblog implementations for the consoles.

Woodyrojo (Posted )

Hello! This week we're planning an update for both Xbox and PS4. All the details may be found in the PC update topic: https://forum.crossout.net/index.php?/topic/292541-update-pc-crossout-09110/ Some of the announced improvements have already been implemented. Some (like vibration and chat) are planned for the PS4 version.