MemeConnoisseur

Muh hovers need a buff?!1

I still think this completely answers all of his complaints about fighting against hovers:

• Thanks 1

This seems like a good time to repost my screen shots of hoversh*tters flying 500 meters above the map, spamming Hurricanes...

...but they *totally* fit into a game about a fuel-starved post-apocalyptic future where the lore says we're basically building cars from scrap.

3 hours ago, Seanwilliams78 said:

This seems like a good time to repost my screen shots of hoversh*tters flying 500 meters above the map, spamming Hurricanes...

...but they *totally* fit into a game about a fuel-starved post-apocalyptic future where the lore says we're basically building cars from scrap.

This aspect kills me the most. We fight for a few bits of scraps and a little fuel but we bring high tech laser weapons, fuel guzzeling hover engines, energy force fields, high tech drones and automatic targeting sistems. Who knows who maintains these fragile sistems, who rafines the fuel for hover engines, why any car engine boosts a hover based crafts tonage. Why fight for scraps with rail guns, high tech cannons and generaly hard to get and maintain weapons. In CW it makes sense, we fight for extremly rare parts, but for normal PvP...

People are remarking that hovers, pulse weapons, etc don't fit into crossout.

I do believe many people here didn't look up the game story of crossout:

Game Info

Crossout is team based multiplayer vehicle combat game
for PC, PlayStation 4 and Xbox One. Set in a post-apocalyptic
world devastated by an alien invasion and human genetic testing
gone awry, Crossout tests players’ creativity in building, upgrading
and customizing deadly armored vehicles to destroy enemies
in open player vs player combat.

Source: https://gaijinent.com/en/games/crossout

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 2

I consider Hoovers the best killing sport in the game. It is so much fun finding new ways to bring them down.  Worthy adversary for a land vehicle and I can kill them on legs or wheels. Spark gives an edge along with harpoons and Kaps. I love/hate them but they make the game much fun for me. Tried flying a few times and will someday perfect that skill, but appreciate those that have. More hoovers please!

6 hours ago, Seanwilliams78 said:

Hovers cannot "Fly 500 meters above the map".
however any vehicle sufficiently built can jaunt up high if they have proper thrusters (which are cheap)
an example of this is the vehicle "fly" built by Understaker in the exhibition.

6 hours ago, Seanwilliams78 said:

Are you referring to the old UFO builds spinning crazy fast due to the broken cheetah perk and booster mechanics? Yeah, those builds were on wheels too and worked just fine.

Hovers are easy af to take down with anything unless I'm using under-mounted weapons. Seriously though, I see enemy hovers as an easy kill in every match, even when they're over the acid lol. Top priority goes to the enemy names I know to be dangerous, not hover users.

@AnonymousKoala Your list is one of the most ignorant posts I've seen on this forum. #'s 4, 9, and 10 are the only valid points you made, all of which only apply until a hover or two is lost. I won't bother refuting your other "points," if you can call them that, because many other members already did with valid arguments.

• Upvote 3

I tested the hover. Or did you read that I had never tested it please? You already start saying things I did not say: /

It's useless to keep talking. There are many people who play the hovercraft ... And those who come to complain are ridiculed by people of bad faith ... It does not make sense to come here to discuss (on all games, it's the same ... people like you who explain to others that they are null;))

As on all games, there is a big problem of equilibration that will be gradually adjusted.

As for flying ... it will change one day or another. It's a certainty.

Crossout is an F2P ... He will surely wait until the studio does not earn enough money with the hovercraft to see them change.

Anyone with a minimum of good faith can admit the hovercraft problem. You like it, refuse to say "I play OP" It's human behavior. You will not invent anything guys ... sorry.

Good continuation. And I apologize in advance. The day it's going to change ... I'll come here to laugh and see what you have to say.

(You can laugh now, it's your turn.)

(google traslation ... you know ...)

• Confused 1

There was a hover problem when they were first implemented. There is no hover problem now. Were you even around to see hovers back then?

You and the OP are being ridiculed because you have bad points, not becasue bad faith.

• Confused 1
  • Upvote 5

Ok, you're right !!

We'll talk about it in a few months .... :)

You have the most humane behavior in the world ... I can not blame you. The beginning of evolution ^^ '

• Confused 6
  • Upvote 1

Stupid list and everyone has already pointed out how wrong you are. 'hovers can easily disarm'. Go into the update topic where they lowered hovers because they supposedly had a 'height advantage' that allowed them to disarm enemies easily and read up on how I ranted against that. I instantly made a shotgun car(wheeled car ofc) and disarmed one after the other enemy. If you have trouble with that, its you, not hovers, that is the problem.

And then there is the always returning 'can fly over acid'. There is one puddle of acid on one map, flying over it gives you absolutely NO tactical advantage. It doesnt give you any cover either. But everytime there is a topic about hovers someone has to bring it up as if the argument is worth a dime. I regret to inform you that the value of this argument is about as high as the value of a zimbabwean dollar.

I especially laughed when I read the 3 hover thing. I see droneboats with 10-12 wheels race around the map, can you mount 10 hovers and do that? Its always easy to play out the building/driving advantage of a module while conveniently ignoring the drawbacks or advantages that other modules have.

• Thanks 8

23 hours ago, JeanJean3556 said:

to adapt or die? It's an admission?
adapt = play hovers ...

And look at the comment of regan. It is typically the kind of person who ruins the game ... And when he kills a player ... he honks ... To taunt ....

The game is filled with these people.

You play things OP only. Narge people like children. And it's impossible to make you understand things ...

There is only to hope the devs react to the advent to see 80% of the players in hovers ... and to have the wheels ruled out because unused ...

(and that insults the people of Aces ... total insolence)

nah I don’t honk my horn to taunt I’m not 5 years old, popping all ur n00b builds in 1 shot is good enough for me :)

• Upvote 1

jean is obviously a N00b game has been out for a year, hovers have been nerfed after nerfed and he’s still trying to figure out a way to combat them. It’s fine though I got the perfect solution for you here it is...

uninstall the game u sux

and hovers are ruining the game? 

looks like wheeled builds fly better than hovers nowadays delete ur forum account also ;)

Edited by regan123456
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

Making the hover more worthless than blue tires is one of Crossouts major screwups. 

I am not really against the height issue alone. But give it Power, maneverability and speed. And either make them stronger or allow the use of 8 without a sever reduction in speed. Shouldn't ever be slower than tracks. 

• Confused 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, gruesomeIntent said:

Making the hover more worthless than blue tires is one of Crossouts major screwups. 

I am not really against the height issue alone. But give it Power, maneverability and speed. And either make them stronger or allow the use of 8 without a sever reduction in speed. Shouldn't ever be slower than tracks. 

So blatant lie about blue parts coupled with yearning for the broken hoverships that almost killed the game. Hover lovers are pure cancer.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 3

12 hours ago, _xXAngryNuNXx said:

Are you referring to the old UFO builds spinning crazy fast due to the broken cheetah perk and booster mechanics? Yeah, those builds were on wheels too and worked just fine.

No.

I'm talking about current...I just posted a screenshot 2 nights ago, and took more of another player abusing the hover/flight mechanics last night. They aren't spinning at all. They fly up vertically far higher than should be allowed, and volley Hurricanes. They are so far up that they are out of MG range vertically, and most people's builds cant target that high in the sky.

I agree on targeting player names...there's really only about 3 hiver players that personally give me any trouble under 11k PS. But, just because they don't bother me personally, doesn't mean they're not still a toxic meta that's often abused.

I believe the way you can do that is to put hovers on the front and wheels on the back.  When you move forward, the front end lifts up.  Then attach a few jets and shoot up in the air.  Pretty impractical and ineffective in most situations and certainly not worth it.

People who think hovers need buffs just aren't good at using hovers.  People who think they need nerfs just aren't good at the game.

• Upvote 2

On 6/6/2018 at 4:09 PM, KaSH_ said:

3. ignores ground traction diffrences (sand,tarmac) - Try to fly on steap hills I dare You!

Height differences are not the same thing as ground traction based on underground.... Obviously.

1. instant acceleration - WRONG!

Still faster than pretty much anything else.... and in any direction.

4. ability to strafe -  Mechanical legs and Meat grinders can do the same.

At much lower speed and without the agility.

It would be wiser of the hover users to make constructive suggestions about how to make them balanced.... but then it is cheaper to cry in agony at people who point out facts.

Hovers are overperforming - still. That is a basic fact. Another nerf will come.... and since you dont care about constructive feedback it is very likely that you wont like it. Cant wait to collect the salt.... :fed006:

16 minutes ago, ARES_IV said:

At much lower speed and without the agility.

See, this is the problem with this entire discussion - you mention their lack of agility, but say NOTHING about their massive weight allowance over hovers.  OF COURSE THEY'RE SLOWER AND LESS AGILE!! It would be insanely ridiculous if they weren't. Just because hovers do some things better than other builds doesn't make them overpowered.

17 minutes ago, ARES_IV said:

Hovers are overperforming - still. That is a basic fact.

No, that's an opinion, not a fact.  Get a dictionary if you don't know the difference.

26 minutes ago, ARES_IV said:

It would be wiser of the hover users to make constructive suggestions about how to make them balanced.... but then it is cheaper to cry in agony at people who point out facts.

>in a thread about saltiness because shrubs can't hit them with cannons

>Hover users are the ones crying in agony

Uh huh

Hovers are overperforming - still.

Do you got some k/d ratios or score statistics you gathered yourself or did you just pull that out of your hind end?

That is a basic fact.

Its not a fact until you substantiate it with gathered evidence as stated in my previous sentence, until then its merely a baseless assumption and NOT a fact.

Another nerf will come.... and since you dont care about constructive feedback it is very likely that you wont like it. Cant wait to collect the salt.... :fed006:

Put the Crystal ball down, if you spent as much time whining and reading your crystal ball as you did gathering actual data you might be able to convince some one about the point you wanted to make .