RallyPoint

Best weapons for stripping off parts and weapons on enemy vehicles?

Absolute best is scorpion

If u want 1 shot their firepower=Mammoth

All Around=Aspect/Spectre

New Player:Junkbow if CQC

Ranged Defender with protection 

Shotguns with radiators/coolers are specifically designed for stripping off at close range. Rare, sledgehammer/spitfire shotguns + radiators do a lot of damage. But you need to be fast and mobile. For a long time that used to be the best way to fight.

At medium range, cannons are good at taking off parts. But against high durability weapons (like cannons!) they aren't as good. And they do less burst damage than shotguns.

Grenade launchers are kind of a combination of shotgun and cannon, but they are expensive and can be difficult to use.

I was playing late, late last night and there were maybe 8 guys that used chameleons (invisibility) and would drive up fast and use a combination of Hammerfalls, Goblins, Thunderbolts, and Spitfires (all shotguns). They were on both teams, but they were murdering everyone and those who weren't using that method (like me). I finally got frustrated and changed builds. I took out my 2 Mammoth cannon and Kapkan (grappling hook trap) and I demolished them. Because mammoths have extremely high durability and shotguns have relatively low durability. And all the shotgun people were driving up fast to each other and I'd blow them apart when they became visible. So there are counter strategies to counter strategies.

I don't like to wait until someone is 5 feet away before stripping their weapons off.

I'm a big fan of machine guns...I think they're the most well-rounded weapons in the game, and one of my usual 2 builds is a 3x Spectre (the other is an autocannon build).

Shotguns do well up close, but their range leaves much to be desired. I prefer to attack from further away.

I play on xbox where no one uses aspects but I heard they were winning clan wars before they got nerfed. Are they still worth spending the coins on ? 

On 6/7/2018 at 11:27 AM, RallyPoint said:

What would you say is best for a new player to us for sweeping enemy weapons and parts off their rig?  

As a new player, you should get machine guns (Chords, defender, Blue Machine gun) because you can strip off weapons like shotguns before they can get to you (Midrange). For shotguns you have to get close, then you can shoot off weapons and wheels very quickly. When you get to rare weapons, Auto Cannons do a very good job at taking off weapons from Long- Medium range but don't do very well at short range (especially against shotguns). if you do encounter hovers, autocannons will be effective against them from long range. Unguided rockets are very powerful in all ranges of distance but note that they are very easy to shoot off. I personally like cannons but they are very accurate and you can demolish light and fast builds because of the explosion spread.

Edited by Proskilz

The best weapons to accurately disarm opponents are definitely machine guns. With good aim and controlled burst fire they offer perfect accuracy thanks to them being hitscan, and they have good range, unlike shotguns.

Might be more skill intensive than other alternatives but it's definitely the best general purpose weapon for targeted disasembly.

Edited by keptick

There isn't generally best weapon for X or Y, it mostly depends of situation & playstyles.

Form close range to long range (most generic weapons):

-Active Mele: Highest DPS and high burst if you can reach explosives modules, but require to stay close and quite vulnerable. Destroys stuffs very fast but can't disarm, hard countered by hovers and can be soft countered by bumpers, tracks and legs.

-Lance builds: Insane burst: able to instant destroy everything et PS equivalent but can do it 2-3 times max. 

-Shotguns have High bursts but overall lower sustain damges than MGs and require to be personal. It destroys weapons faster, but destroys heavy vehicles slower than MGs & mele in overall. Counters hovers if played smart.

-MG are very versatile, have decent range and accuracy, among the highest sustain damages at the cost of low structure (fragile) and rads/coolers requirements.

-Miniguns: higher range and generally DPS to MGs but are overall less accurate. At range its better against cabin and require to be quite close to disarm faster than MGs.

-Plasma emitters (Syth/promotheus) have lower range and requires trigger discipline but are stonger and don't requires modules. it moslty requires practice in aiming due to its projectile nature and a good rythm to maximise its DPS.

-Turreted canons offers average DPS and have average range (slow projectile + dispersion on movement), but large explosions and are tought/hard to disarm. Large explosions strip armor, blows explosives modules and evaporate light weapons if you aim well enouth.

-Fixed canons have a bit lower DPS and smaller explosion radius that turreted canons but are more accurate and have better effective range thanks to higher velocity.