mehrlin

Game screen badly positioned

I have a three screen setup, GTX 960, i5 3.3GHz, 12GB RAM.

Every so often when I launch game it gets positioned with upper left corner in the middle of screen and the rest positioned according to that, which means most of game is outside screen. The rightmost part is on right screen but bottom half is below any screen.

Solution right now: I have Task Manager open, and simply close game and restart, which normally starts it correct.

2018_06_14_07_14_57__2256.zip

Edited by mehrlin

hmm... thats a new one. can you send a screen shot of that and some logs. thanks for reporting.

Let's explain so even an american could understand...

I open the launcher from the icon on desktop, ok?

The launcher opens ( not the game ) and in the lower RIGHT corner appears a button [ PLAY ], ok?

When i click this button ( by pointing at it with my mouse and clickin the LEFT button ) the launcher disappears and an unusual amount of time passes and the not unusual enough behaviour happens...

I am not spending zillions of bucks to buy a zipp program to post a simple text file...

Edited by mehrlin

Without your sreenshot or logs the devs cannot make the approriate fixes for such a setup, please understand.

and this part 

Every so often when I launch game it gets positioned --- so its NOT all the time? thats weird...

t those times is something else running thats interfering?

Also Compressing into a folder or ZIP file is free...if u paid a zillion bucks for that well Yikes! haha

I experienced a similar error once before, after launching Crossout with another [full-screen] game running.

You don't need a program to retrieve Crossout's logs. You can find them in \Documents\My Games\Crossout\logs (in a sub-directory according to when you launched the game) - this is explained in the thread gaaraplayer linked, ok?

A) Yes, I have found the logs, but to upload it must be zipped.

B) Yes, it seems the error most often comes after my son has played fortnite. It doesn't run, but it has run prior to my game.

Edited by mehrlin

Windows includes native .zip support. You can right-click selected files & "Send to -> Compressed (zipped) folder". Or for a free zip program, if for some reason you need one, I would recommend 7zip.

As for B, that's interesting, and very likely the source of this bug.

Same issue with screen placed bottom/right side of the screen (most of game is outside). Seems not linked to a previous usage of another software as it happens also when I just starts the computer (no other software/games started before Crossout).

Guest Phylonia

Same here 4 time i relaunch, today he don't want use good size :'(

Edit: I have 2 screen, i'm in my primary screen only, i have change for extended mode and is work now. I have rechanged for primary only and have not move, is in good position.

I think have problem with refresh position when we have 2 screen and we shut down the second screen.

Edited by Phylonia

still happens to me 100% of the time. I just click ctrl esc and then click on the screen again and it positions it correctly.

Its very annoying though.

I believe it started when the anti cheat software was 1st used.

It seemed to get fixed when there was some update but reverted back to being badly positioned after a patch 2 days after the next update.

15 hours ago, BLACK_WlDOW said:

still happens to me 100% of the time

But we can't reproduce :(

15 hours ago, BLACK_WlDOW said:

still happens to me 100% of the time. I just click ctrl esc and then click on the screen again and it positions it correctly.

Its very annoying though.

I believe it started when the anti cheat software was 1st used.

It seemed to get fixed when there was some update but reverted back to being badly positioned after a patch 2 days after the next update.

This happens at all time now. I don't know why it taken so long for a known bug.

On 6/27/2019 at 2:53 AM, Skula1975 said:

But we can't reproduce :(

how can we fix the problem? i tried reinstalling a couple times but i still have the problem.

17 hours ago, mrlotux said:

how can we fix the problem? i tried reinstalling a couple times but i still have the problem.

Try to delete windows.xml in \Documents\My Game\Crossout\