WaxyChicken

M-37 Piercer

The Piercer has 97pts durability. But with a power score of 555, and 3 equipped, i'm bumped to much harder opponents.
So now they get shot off easier than the Chord white machine guns i'm accustomed to.
And with a low range you fall easy prey to direct hits because you can't just sit at a distance and shoot nearly as easily.

Is their power score over rated?  Do they need more durability?
It's like wrapping yourself in bubble wrap when you need a suit of armor - Fun, but it won't stand up to a bullet.

Almost 1/2 the price. thanks, i'll see about giving them a try.

Piercer is not trash but you need another play Style As with other machine gunns, try to play it like shotguns and they can strip weapons faster then sledgehammers.

• Upvote 3

It's basically a shotgun with a different skin. I play machine guns because I like machine guns mechanics. If I wanted shotgun mechanics, I'd use those instead. Sold piercers quick once I realized how useless they were as a machine gun...not as destructive as a shotgun, less durability, and less spread up close. IIRC, range was poor as well compared to other MG's...but not sure on that one.

Edited by Seanwilliams78

I first got them to see how they were, they were horrible, i kept them because i knew they would get a buff, later they did get a buff, but are still a bad choice of a weapon, i feel they will give it another buff, so i will keep them, if after the buff they are fine ill keep them, if not i'll sell them fast.

Hell I love piercers for being so darn small and easy to build around got a Goliath build called bullet hell that generally holds up well with 5 of them knocking out incoming missles and spraying the enemies weapons off

You just gotta protect your weapon, you have the advantage to have a small and easy weapon to hide, use it!

I recently (this week) bought 4 piercers after selling my humpback cab and some other things. From the games I've played with them I can say that they're good ONLY if you use them right. Use at close range (a bit further that shotgun range, or you can gauge it as the range where you detect the enemy with no radar on) and strip their guns. DO NOT mess with cannons, as they will obliterate the smgs in 1 or 2 shots. Also, due to the short range of the smg compared to other weapons (excluding shotguns) you need speed, which means you forgo heavy armor. This means you have to stay with your team and provide fire support, while avoiding enemy bullets at all costs.

Here's my build:

screenshot-181103-180145.jpg

screenshot-181103-180136.jpg

screenshot-181103-180123.jpg

screenshot-181103-180111.jpg

screenshot-181103-180100.jpg

screenshot-181103-180029.jpg

Too squishy for PVP.

Stick 'em on a tower for Raids vs. Scavengers and Nomads. More dps than Vectors and there will be plenty of targets in your face so the range isn't an issue. Add a couple of Radiators or Coolers. If possible equip one Spectre for taking out defense turrets at longer range, though.

Edited by DarkMaid
  • Upvote 1

My build has worked well so far, and has degunned some Spectre and eq builds. Any suggestions to make it less squishy?

I have a raids car with weps behind and above cab, and not on a tower. It seems to work too unless I do lunatics raids.

Should I make a growl piercer build too?

Edited by hehehoho
Added something

Let me just say for the record, that I am disappoint.

I crafted 2 piercers during the previous Knight riders event and loved them. Then I read that after the latest Knight rider event, the old weapons will be craft-able again.

Awesome!  Time to sell the piercers...

Then, what...just the epics and legendaries.  NO PIERCERS!!!!!

They will now become available through purchase of a new pack.  But NOT craft-able.  Damn!

I miss my piercers... Learn from this.  Don't sell favourite items until you KNOW you can replace them.

stoopid_noob.  :(  (PS: I don't want your pity, just the ability to craft them again....)

24 minutes ago, Stoopid_noob said:

Let me just say for the record, that I am disappoint.

I crafted 2 piercers during the previous Knight riders event and loved them. Then I read that after the latest Knight rider event, the old weapons will be craft-able again.

Awesome!  Time to sell the piercers...

Then, what...just the epics and legendaries.  NO PIERCERS!!!!!

They will now become available through purchase of a new pack.  But NOT craft-able.  Damn!

I miss my piercers... Learn from this.  Don't sell favourite items until you KNOW you can replace them.

stoopid_noob.  :(  (PS: I don't want your pity, just the ability to craft them again....)

I think you will be able to get them as the special reward from the Batlle Royale map raid that devs are working on.

I used piercers allot in raids where their squishiness is less of a problem and in raids I never found another gun better at stripping weapons then Piercers. (never had aspects, so not sure if they can compete with those)

However in PvP they are allot harder to use due to the squishiness, for me they worked best in PvP by just sticking them on the fastest car I had, spreading them as far apart as the vehicle allowed without putting them in placed where they really stick out (to minimize the amount lost should you get hit by cannon or rocket fire) and just strip weapon while racing by (use tapfire with these things otherwise they will become unaccurate fast).
A bit like a shotgun build, but I usually tried identify the weapons I wanted to strip and adjust my range accordingly.
You outrange them you stay away further as to not give the option of a counter, their range is equal or greater than yours come in close so you damage is maximized and stripping goes faster.
Cannons and cricket etc just hug if they can't turn the weapons and circle them from real close if they can.

Takes some getting use to using these weapons, but they can be quite rewarding if you like mg style play.

hum... 5 month old necro thread revived.  maybe there is forums after death.

I actually liked them a lot when I first got them. They are the shotty of mgs, best at mid range, and on fast vehicles forsure. I got them by grinding out and building them during knights event. Which I thought was a one-time 'unique' thing. Now the devs roll out a buyable pack that includes 3 piercers ! Now pay to participate players can buy it on a whim cuz it looks cool or whatever... 

My issue is what happened to the so called 'player-controlled' market. The piercer was selling high( In the 130+ range) for a while which is way higher than most 'rare' or blue weps (usually 30ish). My understanding is that this was because not everyone built a piercer during event so supply was low, and it was actually a rare weapon in-game. Obviously from reading above posts not everybody liked it, its a 50/50 wep we could say in terms of likeability among players; low supply, decent demand, higher than average price, makes cents (sorry could resist). Now the devs are trying to flood the market with a buyable pack that offers unbuildable weps so as to add supply to the market and drive price down. This is really unfair to us players who have been in the game a while and players who built a 'unique' part (yes and im ftp) who are just trying to play the market. Like that whole plastic debacle...Anyway, rant over. 

One of the weapon give a good sound. Tap to shot at a great rate. Great for PvE.

I have craft 1 and paid 70 coins each for 3. Still have them, still use them everyday. Why is it unfair that more to be available to newer players and players that missed the event? It is a blue item after all. Cheaper mean more players can have them. Maybe now I can fuse them too.

Just think how much the crossbow cost to craft and how much they worth now. 

the price doesn't mean a better weapon. but Chop is right Fuse is the way.  Me I would love to see more of a weapon divide like no legend weapons/parts in battles under 6k, common & rare only 3.5k under etc

then maybe a balance will come automatically?  if it don't work on test server don't do it, hay Dev's? also giving Dev's some time to come out with new lower tire weapon like smoke bombs, flash bags and mini rockets short range burst.