Ka1deron

Discussion - [Developer blog] Crossout development plans for the near future

All sounds good and should keep the game interesting for a while.

Ka1deron (Posted )

Thank you, Vaynard99! Of course, this blog doesn't contain all the plans for the future of Crossout and we will be sharing more details as development progresses;)
  • Thanks 1

Holy Smokes !

WOW,Amazing PVE/PvP content you are giving.. Heading to questions

1)By Introducing Next lvl raid tier,can u also make adjustments to LFG system.Because Current LFG is broken.At least set it Default on general chat.Nobody is looking LFG chat!

2)When we expect this pvp map patch ? 

3) This is day supposed to be patch day.Tuesday 2 week from 0.9.80 ??

4)For god sake raise hard and new lvl raid tier to at least 8-9k..

edit:Before u introduced LFG section chat on UI,It was 2x easier to find groups.Now we have seperate LFG chat bar which is not present on General Chat bar,since %70 of players keep on general chat and dont switch to LFG chat, we have hard to find a group.I had to go discord LFG for example.

Edited by StreaMRoLLeR

Ka1deron (Posted )

Thanks, StreaMRoLLeR! You are right, usually the updates are being implemented every week (on Thursdays), but some updates require more time in order to properly test all of their aspects. The new PvP mode is planned to be releaed in the nearest future - it's currently being tested. As for the LFG system - could you elaborate on what exactly do you mean?

how about remove ps scaling for raids already exist when introducing harder raid mode ? because in current state, i cant find any way to win a hard raid when ur wasting my 6 energy for a cannon mission for hard season.

edit: and please dont forget to buff caucasus which is never used in pvp anymore thanks to durability, turn rate, auto targeting nerfs.

Edited by D3N1Z

Ka1deron (Posted )

D3N1Z, the next portion of balance tweaks are also in the work and it's are planned to be implemented with one of the nearest updates. The work on the balance never stops and we will share the key details in our patchnotes;)
  • Upvote 4

2 hours ago, BjKalderon said:

And, at the end of our blog, we would like to announce that we are working on an entirely new mode which would allow you to move freely across a large map and complete various tasks: both side-missions and story tasks. You will be able to get help from 3 more players — either from your group or randomly selected, if you play solo. As a rule, the tasks will be individual, but there will also be global tasks that will require the participation of all players on the map. This mode is scheduled for the third quarter of 2018.

I really realky really want this in crossout :wub:

Ka1deron (Posted )

xXR34P3RXxi, at the moment there's an ealy prototype of this mode. Due to its complexity, it will take some time for it to be properly developed and, as it's stated above, it's currently planned to be released in the third quarter.
  • Like 3

What was this 30-40 mb patch about?

Over all i am happy with this , i hope ways to earn money/items will be more and as a solo player i hope we all solo players can do more with in the game...

Ka1deron (Posted )

berkayxj8, it was a small hotfix, the description of which can be found here: https://forum.crossout.net/index.php?/topic/288967-update-pc-crossout-0980-steel-championship/&tab=comments#comment-5142988

Guest MrBackStab

So is the ''small hotfix'' the reason why my launcher has been saying ''Failed to start the game'' for the past 11 hours?

Ka1deron (Posted )

MrBackStab, that fix has implemented a couple of interface improvements - I highly recommend you to share a proper bug -report in this section of our forum: https://forum.crossout.net/index.php?/topic/289550-discussion-developer-blog-crossout-development-plans-for-the-near-future/

Sounds good. Looking forward to more information.:good:

Ka1deron (Posted )

*ZSD74, thank you!

Guest MrBackStab

No idea what the bug even is. I just click Play on the launcher and it gives me an error saying Failed to start the game. Nothing else shows up. Everything worked fine yesterday. Tried Repair twice, didn't work. Trying to reinstall right now.

Edited by MrBackStab

Ka1deron (Posted )

MrBackStab, when dealing with the issues like this additional info is usually required in order to find the source of the problem and solve it. You can find the instruction for creating a bug - report (with the attached logs) on this page: https://forum.crossout.net/index.php?/topic/254783-submitting-a-bug-report/

"Further development and improvement of the matchmaking system, adjustment of the in-game balance..."

It's NOT possible without laaarge player base - and in this point your results are - how to say decently? - sad...

----------------------------------------------------------------edit1----------------------------------------------------------------

kosic7, that's what we are working on - developing both Crossout's community and making the game better;)

Hmm, you (try?) make it better, but right now Cro$$out has the smallest player base ever:

146458650_COworst.thumb.jpg.683af8d519dd

...and interest and TRUST of the rest is almost gone as well.

----------------------------------------------------------------edit2----------------------------------------------------------------

It's also worth saying that the results of steamcharts are not accurate (for Crossout) - the vast majority of players play Crossout via the game's launcher (without the connection to Steam).

Are they players with totally different experience with Cro$$out? Or you just sad, that quantity of lost "game's launcher players" is (naturally) even larger than "Steam" ones?

BTW, of course Steamcharts ARE accurate about "Steam" players; feel free to provide us with "game's launcher players" data! Thx in advance. :002j:

Edited by kosic7

Ka1deron (Posted )

kosic7, that's what we are working on - developing both Crossout's community and making the game better;)

Ka1deron (Posted )

It's also worth saying that the results of steamcharts are not accurate (for Crossout) - the vast majority of players play Crossout via the game's launcher (without the connection to Steam).
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 3

Guest MrBackStab

I get it that additional info is required. But what additional info is there to give when i literally only get an error pop up saying ''Failed to start game'' when i click Play on the Launcher? Nothing has changed since i last played the game yesterday. I started up my pc, opened the launcher, clicked play and boom error saying Failed to start the game. What has happened on your end in the past 10-11 hours that could've caused this? Did the ''small hotfix'' require any additional files to be downloaded by the launcher? Did the launcher require to be updated? None of that happened, nor showed that any of that was available. Obviously if there has been an update there should be files of some sort that should be downloaded before being able to properly launch the game. Which is most likely why the game doesn't want to launch, since it's not saying there were any files or anything to download after the ''small hotfix''.

Ka1deron (Posted )

MrBackStab, as it was already mentioned, the logs (probably from the game's launcher) are usually required in order for our technical unit to see what exactly is the problem. They will try to help you as soon as possible in the bug - reports section.

This sounds good but again... Its probably gonna be another bad overhuped update. And make raids fast phased and fun. They are SUPER slow and lenier and way too hard be uase of ps scaling. First make the game fast phased and fun also if you wanna get players and money you need to have a fun balanced game and good offers. Not ridiculously overpriced packs and booring raids. Also 5 min is too much for pvp 3 was a bit short so why not make the battles last 4 min. Why not completeky remove crates ? Robocraft already did it and it was a really good idea. It will be nice to make stuff less random. Aka fusing stuff. Since its just luck that you are hoping to get the right thing. Why not make it so you can get a certain paint by mixing certain combinations of lower tier paint. It sound way more logical and realistic. Same whit weapons and modules. And probably advertise the game so you can bring in new players to revive the game. 

Ka1deron (Posted )

Blasted_Off, hello! Even though our game has some common features with Robocraft, it's still very different from it. A lot of the aspects require solutions that are different from the ones implemented to other games. Some of them have to do with the Market and its items circulation for example.
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 2

I sense uranium and relic parts as reward for the even harder raids, neat!

Free roam mode? Great, you guys took your time with that one :)

Special decor items for medals? That sounds interesting as well, unless it's just stickers that is.

But what interests me the most are of course new weapons, I can't wait. Keep up the good work!

Ka1deron (Posted )

_Lemmy44_, thanks! Yep, an exploration mode indeed requires much more time to be developed as, obviously, there are a lot of connected elements that need to be properly working. As for the new weapons we have a number of interesting concepts, so (as usual) - stay tuned;)

That last bit about the new mode... It's exactly what we need. A kind of open-world experience is this game's best hope at not only surviving, but really starting to grow. A couple of questions:

Will we be playing as a team of four in a map filled with even more players? I hope it's not limited to four players on the entire map.

Can you say anything about the map itself? How big is it compared to, say, the Battle Royale map? I'm sure I'm not the only one who's hoping that one day we'll get a map that combines all the pvp maps into one massive landscape to explore.

Lastly... Exploring! Will there be much to explore on the map, and open interaction with other players? Or will it solely be focused on objectives?

Anyway, thanks for finally working on a project like this. I'm sure it will be exciting regardless what path you choose!

Ka1deron (Posted )

TotallyRegal, thank you for the feedback) Before answering some of your questions I should say that, again, this mode is in early prototype stage now. The map is expected to be about the size of the Blood Rocks (Battle Royale's) and you and your teammates will be able to choose a mission you want to complete. We will share more details later;)
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Sounds nice, really wondering what will be obtainable in the new raids :D

Ka1deron (Posted )

v3rgi1, the details about the specific rewards will be shared later;)

Hello Dev's, i have a really important topic i would like to ask you, many people are wondering, will you be making plastic easier to obtain any time soon? 

Edited by MrSmileyyyyyyy

Ka1deron (Posted )

MrSmileyyyyyyy, hello! At the moment the statistics regarding the usage and acquisition of plastic is being gathered. Any changes like this require additional data for analysis as they directly influence the market of Crossout. There's no specific info about any tweaks for now, but they are possible.

4 hours ago, BjKalderon said:

And, at the end of our blog, we would like to announce that we are working on an entirely new mode which would allow you to move freely across a large map and complete various tasks: both side-missions and story tasks. You will be able to get help from 3 more players — either from your group or randomly selected, if you play solo. As a rule, the tasks will be individual, but there will also be global tasks that will require the participation of all players on the map. This mode is scheduled for the third quarter of 2018.

That part is my personal favorite! :D 

These news are sounds very good, and interesting as well. One of the most promising one is the 'special difficult raid' to me: Maybe it will me one of my new best friend in the future :D

• Upvote 1

Ok so here's a run down of it and my opinion of it and I can say that there is some mixed feelings, some good, some meh and some bad.

- New map: This could be a good change of scenery and seeing that some of the maps are eh... stale, then sure go for it

- New gamemode: ehhh I guess that's good? shame that it's another objective driven gamemode much like the other gamemodes in PVP. I understand that there is difference in what objectives are there in each gamemode but I don't feel any difference between them whatsoever. you kill, capture the objective, finish game, repeat. I'm also hoping that unlike the other gamemodes, there is going to be respawns to make the gamemode longer but also more fun for people who want to have a second chance.

- additional Leviathans in raids: This is my main criticism about the dev blog. So essentially you want us to have more tedious tasks, which we already do have existing tasks that are already tedious on top but get punished even further if we don't do these tedious tasks by launching an additional leviathan in? give me a break. Raids at the moment are not even worth the time and I feel disappointed that there are even more tasks being added in to make it "intense" and "action packed". The problem with raids is that they take so long that the payout is not even worth the trouble. adding more objectives into a gamemode, sure gives you more points but it doesn't mean that it would increase the payout as to whether you did the tasks or not and even then the increase will still not be worth the trouble you would go through.

The changes to the radar 2000 scanner gizmo thing: meh.. not like I would use them but sure... guess they gotta be worth the money anyways

More weapons being introduced: As long as these are not presented in packs with a price tag and don't break the game in half like a bunch of kitkat chocolate bars then everything should be ok for this subject.

cosmetics for achievements: eh sure I guess. I'm generally neutral on this subject, I don't like it or I don't hate it, it's just a meh from me. not too keen on getting cosmetics as much besides from the paints.

4 hours ago, BjKalderon said:

A difficult task will be rewarded appropriately!

I'm not sure about your way of rewarding appropriately in raids but do go on.

Restarting and completing a unique but even difficult but unique raid task to unlock unique weaponry and modules: Overall this section is interesting, but I feel very sceptical when I first read this.

Interesting because of how you can get modules and weapons as rewards besides from the usual copper, plastic and electonics. Being able to restart a raid can I guess is good considering how difficult they described it to be and plus it's progressive so you can have a bunch of people do it with you and you can always retry the part of the mission if you do screw it up, hoping to get to that cool weapon that you desired.

But at the same time i'm sceptical because in the current state of raids, I feel that they ain't worth the trouble and I'm worried that the rewards that will be in this new and unique progressive raid system might not be worth the trouble. I mean look at the current raids, they're already tedious as they are and take a long time to do even one raid and the worse part is that they don't even pay you as much, I'm kind of hoping that these new unique rewards are up to standard and hopefully don't give you a useless item. And I'm hoping the difficulty isn't done through powerscore scaling as well as seen in previous changes which broke the raids beyond repair in the past.

an entire new mode that they announced at the end of the blog: this I'm interested, a GTA and free roam like vibe would be kind of cool for the game, but we'll have to see what the tasks would be like and also what it'll be like with friends.I'm kind of hoping as well that there is some other neat features added into the mode as well

Overall I'm mostly interested as to what they are going to do this year regarding concept wise but I am very concerned at how the execution is going to be shown. Generally in the past I feel that the execution of some stuff that they changed/added have been poorly done most of the time and I'm worried that if they don't do this right the first time, I feel its going to be another blow to their player base.

Edited by Ashdebruin_99
added a new section

Ka1deron (Posted )

Ashdebruin_99, hello and thank you for sharing your impressions regarding this devblog. As you can see, we continue working on the PvE aspect of Crossout and these changes should become a next step in this work. And yes, we plan that the new weapons will be obtainable in the game;)
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

Well well I've been waiting to read this kinda news for ages! Very excited and hope it all comes out well. Very hyped for that free roam open map PVE. Awesome!

Edited by NamelesxKing

Ka1deron (Posted )

NamelesxKing, thank you! The work on the next update is in progress and we plan to release it in the nearest future;)
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, kosic7 said:

"Further development and improvement of the matchmaking system, adjustment of the in-game balance..."

It's NOT possible without laaarge player base - and in this point your results are - how to say decently? - sad...

----------------------------------------------------------------

Hmm, you (try?) make it better, but right now Cro$$out has the smallest player base ever:

Spoiler

146458650_COworst.thumb.jpg.683af8d519dd

...and interest and TRUST of the rest is almost gone as well.

I did exactly the same capture, and just saw you posted it before. Totally agree, we know how crossout's devs are fan of statistics, so what have you planned to do about that ?
Because, beyond your statistics, we ALL know what is wrong with the game : too much grinding (and more and more over the patchs), unbalanced weapons, huge disadvantage of new players compared to old ones, useless brawls with useless rewards, boring PvE, boring seasons and finaly no good rewards for hard players except for hard payers...

So just to compare, I'll add this capture that makes think, so the path is comparable (and robocraft, wich was a really good game too, was launched with a player base 3 times larger than that of crossout ....)

Spoiler

robocraft.thumb.png.c60344ab344e04c66926

So I saw some good news here but it will clearly not enough... Should we then, in the same way that rbc, prepare ourselves for a slow and painful death of this excellent game that is crossout...? I guess I already know the awnser even if I hope I'm wrong...

Edited by Keizerus_FREXIT

Ka1deron (Posted )

Keizerus_FREXIT, hello! First of all - no balance tweaks are implemented without consulting the statistics, yes, we the current situation on the game's servers is always taken into account as well. This blog doesn't describe ALL of our plans on improving and developing Crossout - just the key ones that are planned to be implemented in the near future.
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

AT LAST A MAP. its been ages. oh! but thats another long-term goal. Mmmm... Anything short-term changes in mind? Ok, you listen:

I cant understand, this game needs maps and only maps you are not making.I like quick and fast-paced games. Over the time the crossout has become not so appealing to me. That started with the slow turning weapons (like minigun) and continued with cars that have slower maximum speed than before, except hovers but that led to an advantage of hovers over cars with wheels. Finally, the raids are more thematic and independent (with the meaning of Greek word: αυτοτελη) (more complete, i mean) but that led to more time-spending and boring raids.
 But the matter is not having problems because in life that is not possible. The matter is how we solve our problems. So i suggest devs to give emphasis first on the strong aspect of the game which is fun, action and PvP. More maps, more maximum speed for cars and another (yes another) hover nerf is needed prior to anything else. Lastly, as i see more people dislike the new raids because it is very time-consuming for a mode that you only kill bots and i agree, more fun is the PvP. I suggest  to try keeping the thematic feeling but with more short- time raids.
 Can't wait for the domination mode though, it was my favorite mode back in the day when i was playing Call of Duty 2.

Wish you courage and power to whatever you do.

Edited by NIGHTMARE_DEVAST

Ka1deron (Posted )

NIGHTMARE_DEVAST, hello! Yes, we know that our players have been waiting for the new maps to arrive and you'll be able to see the result of our work yourself pretty soon;) As for the balance adjustments and updating the current game modes - this is planned as well and we will pay additional attention to them.
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

ranked back maybee?i dont understand what so difficult(almost 7 months) to implement a mode with 4 vs 4 or 2 vs 2 players...

about this new game mode i hope we get some resource,xp

Ka1deron (Posted )

juvenyus, unfortunately, there are no plans to implement the Ranked battles mode back into the game in the nearest future.
  • Sad 1
  • Upvote 1