Sign in to follow this  
dukerustfield

Invisible Mounting Points

Sometimes in the editor, mounting squares won't be highlighted when they actually exist and are viable.

There are no highlighted squares available on the top of the large fenders. But you can see behind it, there are 2 squares in the center for placement.
chexirj.jpg

Here I've mounted a machine gun on top of one of the fendors, even though it didn't show any available spots.
rpDzSXb.jpg
This canvas roof shows no available spots for mounting.
Et0KdI4.jpg
And then I mount a machine gun on it.
7oi37vh.jpg

• Upvote 2

In layman's terms, the game engine can only render X many mounting squares before it just throws its hands up and quits.

It's probably a limit that could be raised or even removed if the devs wanted to, but it's probably there in the first place for performance reasons.

^

It's hard to say this isn't a bug. Our computers are capable of having as many orange dots as we got pixels. And you can even fractionalize a pixel if you want to get tricky. I believe in data and showing players what they can and can't do. It's not a big bug. But limitation that is randomly applied and unknowable to players who don't read this thread means it's still a bug.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Sign in to follow this