MaracujaTropical

In a hypothetical scenario, what would happen if we could craft surplus structure parts?

Recommended Posts

I saw the "Last Aid" topic and people are upset of not having hot rod parts available anywhere except by buying the pack.

Now I was thinking, what would happen with we could be able to craft more structure parts from each faction (not removing the non-tradable ones that we receive with level rewards, but extra tradable)? what impact it would cause in the market and in the game in general?

Would everything get more expensive due resources being allocated in structure items or nobody would craft structure and they would be expensive instead?

Would break matches balance for having builds with ungodly amount of structure (thinking in an all train plow build) or would allow more creative builds due large amount of structure options since some are incredible limited?

 

What are you thoughts? What would happen?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, ChowChowBranco said:

thinking in an all train plow build

This is the first thing that came to my mind, the true Aegis Prime of the Wastes. I think there would have to be limits on certain parts if this was introduced. But I think it could yield some very interesting results.

But I just hope they just introduce more new parts and stuff them into already existing factions and levels there are many pieces missing, especially odd sized blocks such as 3x2, 7x2, 5x2, 3x4 and so on.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd like to see all top tier factions - Steppinwolf, Dawn's Children, Firestarters - allow crafting of structure items from their associated subfactions.

This would allow you to modify existing structure - cut a 2x4x1 panel down to a 2x3x1.  Merge 2 4x4x1 panels to become 1 8x4x1 panel.  You get the idea. There would need to be size limitations, of course.

Alternatively, existing panels could be modified with things like: spikes, grills, mesh, - or given a stat mod - reduced weight, improved durability,-10% resistance to damage of some type.

Costs would be scrap + common items (cabs, weapons, hardware, wheels). 

Crafted structure items can be sold.

A whole new ball game for the market buffs. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good old times, when we could do this.

Spoiler

v8M3LZ5.jpg

However mobility beat armor, so that wasn't the best thing to do, even more true today with hovers everywhere.

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Stoopid_noob said:

I'd like to see all top tier factions - Steppinwolf, Dawn's Children, Firestarters - allow crafting of structure items from their associated subfactions.

This would allow you to modify existing structure - cut a 2x4x1 panel down to a 2x3x1.  Merge 2 4x4x1 panels to become 1 8x4x1 panel.  You get the idea. There would need to be size limitations, of course.

Alternatively, existing panels could be modified with things like: spikes, grills, mesh, - or given a stat mod - reduced weight, improved durability,-10% resistance to damage of some type.

Costs would be scrap + common items (cabs, weapons, hardware, wheels). 

Crafted structure items can be sold.

A whole new ball game for the market buffs. :)

Back in time there were some parts with actual resists, they looked like plates and mini spike bumpers, the plate had explosion resist and the mini spike bumper had contact resist. I think devs saw that as unbalanced and got rid of it, not only the bots use this parts, if you find a bot in a match, pay close attention to its vehicle, some of them have these parts.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Would realy like to see craftable or obtainable parts that can be used as armour. We already have the square plates and manhole covers that can be used as armour and they are decor, and other decor used as spaced armour. So why not make special, strong armour that is craftable or obtained from crates or misions. Rare parts, epic parts, legend parts. Make them not tradable so you have to work for them, at least the epic and legend ones so wallet warriors cant just buy them. And make them give big PS for the added protection so to tier cars go up to 15K 20K PS f4om the special armour. Make them have perks or resists like some combat explosions, other rezist penetration, some let damage trough, block fire damage, some rezist energy damage. 

We already have grills that have a perk, plows and bumpers that have rezists. 

With these new parts, builds coud be more diverse and toughtout, not just piles of metal.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest

We should have ALWAYS been able to craft structure parts. No idea why we can't. We can make hardware, modules, high-tech weapons - but somehow can't figure out how to make a friggin' fender?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you could craft, and worse off, trade, most stucture parts, so on low PS we would have players with like 70-65 pieces of air intake, the most OP piece in game. On high PS we would have people running with only blows or similiar.

 

No, no no no. It would just make meta builds more uniform. With everyone getting only a small set of all pieces, you are forced to take not only best pieces but others too. Absurd suggestion, what next, you' want to be able to fuse them too for extra stucture or even lower PS?

 

 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
47 minutes ago, ByiTyi said:

If you could craft, and worse off, trade, most stucture parts, so on low PS we would have players with like 70-65 pieces of air intake, the most OP piece in game. On high PS we would have people running with only blows or similiar.

 

No, no no no. It would just make meta builds more uniform. With everyone getting only a small set of all pieces, you are forced to take not only best pieces but others too. Absurd suggestion, what next, you' want to be able to fuse them too for extra stucture or even lower PS?

 

 

Scale the cost accordingly, and it shouldn't be a problem.

Also...air intakes are "OP?!" lol. I don't care if they offer 500 durability for 10 kg of mass and 0 PS...they look ridiculous and don't fit very many places. I don't see them being used all that often, and I'm not having trouble killing anyone because they have "air intakes" that saved them. It's not like it's an Aegis Shield.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Seanwilliams78 said:


Also...air intakes are "OP?!" lol. I don't care if they offer 500 durability for 10 kg of mass and 0 PS...they look ridiculous and don't fit very many places. I don't see them being used all that often, and I'm not having trouble killing anyone because they have "air intakes" that saved them. It's not like it's an Aegis Shield.

 

Lol ? You don't see them used often? Maybe because they are not craftable?? And yeah, balance the craftable stucture parts by having each separate crafting costs based on how good they are. Yeah, that'll totally work and it will be so trivial for devs to set them individually. Not to mention it will be so easy to craft them since you are throwing the concept of crafting costs of same rarity being equal.

Edited by ByiTyi

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, ByiTyi said:

Absurd suggestion, what next, you' want to be able to fuse them too for extra structure or even lower PS?

I'm not suggesting (yet), to make this kind of suggestion it needs to see what impact it would cause, it is basically a complete overhaul for the game.

I don't remember the old time that much when we could have endless structure part due the repair mechanic. @SupremeSupremacy showed a print about the negative impact it would cause, I do also remember a little people used basically only grills to be fast and stop damage quite a bit.

So IF we could be able to craft, the PS of each structure would need to be redone basically from scratch, the question is: How?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.