Incinerator - ?

I'm wondering if anyone else's builds have been like mine - Incinerators are WAY too OP right now IMHO. Here's what I'm experiencing.

Several times a night, I get caught in a puddle of flame, moving through it and trying to get out. I have counted approximately 4 seconds to get out, on average.

In that 4 seconds, my 2157hp vehicle - no other damage taken - is brought to ~350hp. This happens consistently. The numbers don't change much. I drive through a flame puddle to get out, I take about 4 seconds, and I go from FULL HEALTH (2157) to ~350 health, taking no other damage.

Now, I know what you're saying - your explosive modules are popping. Here's the thing though - I HAVE NONE. No generator. I have NOTHING mounted under the frames. I'm using standard frames, not lightweight ones.

I'm not one to cry about things being OP - but doesn't that sound ridiculous to you guys?! Incinerator is, in a sense, a "1 shot kill" for me. I literally fear 2x Scorpion builds LESS than I fear Incinerators right now, and I run into 2x Scorps A LOT. About half a dozen users that are on frequently have them, and I see them all the time.

Thoughts? Opinions?

Edited by Guest

Well, flame puddle.

The DPS of flame puddle depends on the NUMBER of parts on your vehicle that is in the range.

If you have like 80 parts, the basic DPS will be 320, and in case of bad armor linking leading to parts lose connection, the number may be bigger. 

• Like 1

Some weeks ago the incinerator was buffed. It seemed little too popular right after that. Right now it doesn't seem so popular at the PS range I'm playing, so I'm not seeing a problem.

Though it makes me wonder what kind of build and PS range are we talking about, if you got 2k stucture but no generator.

19 minutes ago, Robocraftman said:

Well, flame puddle.

The DPS of flame puddle depends on the NUMBER of parts on your vehicle that is in the range.

If you have like 80 parts, the basic DPS will be 320, and in case of bad armor linking leading to parts lose connection, the number may be bigger. 

What's the vertical "range" on a ground fire? I am nearly at the parts limit (might be at 80)...but bad armor?! It's the bottom of a tank, you can't armor it. All you can do is frames and wheels/treads/etc. As for the top - well, let's just say I'm usually not the first one to die. lol. It's extremely durable...except for magical ground fires that pop metal frames, apparently.

6 minutes ago, ByiTyi said:

Some weeks ago the incinerator was buffed. It seemed little too popular right after that. Right now it doesn't seem so popular at the PS range I'm playing, so I'm not seeing a problem.

Though it makes me wonder what kind of build and PS range are we talking about, if you got 2k stucture but no generator.

~8900. Steppe on full width/length standard frames (no gaps, nothing underneath). Goliath tracks. When I *do* use a generator, it's not mounted directly on the frames - I have it elevated to avoid flame damage. But it doesn't seem to do anything either way, I still die almost instantly.

Incinerators are okay!

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 2

They are not op, they are USABLE after months of being useless, which is not a bad thing,  the build I have them with has way lower health than yours, and is a half kamikaze build, I throw the fire, and ram the enemy in the middle with melee weapons to take advantage of the overheat, normally just a fast hit and I run out, and my vehicle usually lasts until the end of the round 

When some items that has been underpowered for a long time gets a proper bufff it's just normal that people uses it more, that's why we also see more "spider" builds around the matches, they are not op, but they are now viable, that's why it can be a bit shocking to see some of them after months of forgetting about their existance

• Upvote 5

2 hours ago, Seanwilliams78 said:

What's the vertical "range" on a ground fire? I am nearly at the parts limit (might be at 80)...but bad armor?! It's the bottom of a tank, you can't armor it. All you can do is frames and wheels/treads/etc. As for the top - well, let's just say I'm usually not the first one to die. lol. It's extremely durable...except for magical ground fires that pop metal frames, apparently.

The puddle ignores the armor's position unless they are in it, so the top and the bottom of your vehicle receive same damage.

As an old porcupine user, my suggestion on heavy vehicles is to avoid using low health structure parts to link other parts, make sure to put durable plates and grilles in the critical positions. it will significantly increase the survivability against puddle.

But yeah, the best way is to avoid them.

I've had Incinerators for a while and they are finally worthwhile to use - the buff on it helped, but I think the buff to melee and the introduction of the Kapkan increased the opportunities to do more with them.

but they are still at or near the top of the list in terms of difficulty to use. it's forward firing only with a narrow radius, and the arc is also fairly limited. it can target about as closely to your vehicle as the Mandrake (again, forward only) and is stuck to medium range for distance. it's also fairly easy to counter them - flank and / or close the distance.

so I really don't think they're OP.

I did shoot my own tank with some incinerators builds I have found off the exhibition, did not see any massive dmg numbers, at least until  amour starts to fall off at roughly 6-7 secs, enough time to get out I suppose. Dies much faster when I put the gens back, cause explosion, but even that takes a some time. Also noted that direct hits can inflict far more potential dmg then indirect ones, especially if the target decides to sit in the fire pool.

Dont hide your gen at the bottom of your cab then.

Same reason the porqupine raider can 1 shot your build--your gen exploded.

Edit: read your post more carefully...maybe its because the fire destroyed the frames. Remember....most people use 2,not 1.

Edited by RustMechanic

Honestly I don't think incinerators are remotely Op with how long it takes to lob a round to hit the ground.

Though starting to see them more but its pretty easy to notice a flamming jerry can coming up an over.

Ive been cooked a few times.
to me it seems the area of effect kicks in before the animation spreads.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

41 minutes ago, Waxy_Chicken said:

Ive been cooked a few times.
to me it seems the area of effect kicks in before the animation spreads.

Yeah, I can confirm this, when it's not a direct hit the enemy starts to take damage that short second before the full fire pool appears 

This is kind of the same deal with explosive spears/lances and mandrakes. MOST weapons, when they hit, they damage the top stuff. Or whatever. When I shoot someone with a cannon, and they have only a few big parts facing me, I only hit a few big parts. But you get saturated when you're in a incinerator. Then your parts heat up, and they all take damage. When I use my vertical mandrakes, they do the same thing. I think both incinerators and mandarkes are pretty damn hard to use. I don't fear them incinerators because the user has to be in like a perfect position to fire them.

• Upvote 1

They are rather hard to use. The projectile is slow and hard to aim, reload is slow and even when you hit they can run and you just burn them a little. Plus you are completely defensless up close. Only in some rare situations can you fight back.

For the skill needed to use them i say they are good, unlike crickets and spears.

• Upvote 1

Positioning is the key when using catapults, you have to stay behind your team and coordinate with their actions (i think that is the biggest drawback because teammates really dont seem to care about any tactics). I run a truck with one catapult and two drones for close quarter defense, works like a charm but if i get flanked by a shameleon im as good as dead

It's an area denial weapon - seeing as how on many maps, there's basically a 100% guarantee you KNOW where players will be driving (choke points), and often you know exactly how many SECONDS it will take for them to get there - it's pretty easy to saturate an area that's most commonly used. Same as people do with retcher spam, mandrake spam, etc.

Anyway, unlike those crybabies with their Bigfoot wheels - I can deal with this, and I can adapt. :)

2 minutes ago, Seanwilliams78 said:

It's an area denial weapon - seeing as how on many maps, there's basically a 100% guarantee you KNOW where players will be driving (choke points), and often you know exactly how many SECONDS it will take for them to get there - it's pretty easy to saturate an area that's most commonly used. Same as people do with retcher spam, mandrake spam, etc.

Anyway, unlike those crybabies with their Bigfoot wheels - I can deal with this, and I can adapt. :)

Right now I have to admit that incinerators are a better area denial weapon than the mandrake unless you get  a direct hit..  

And yeah, that's also why we need A LOT more maps, we know even the last stone on them XD