GammaClash

NEW hover nerf. Devs?

I felt something off with hovers, they were scraping everywhere, as if they "gave in" more easily on terrain.
Then i figured "maybe they have the same suspension model as bigfoots, and they also have sunk in", or it was deliberate, anyways this is the state of hovers now, bare cabin, 3 hovers, falls underground.

Senza-titolo-1.thumb.jpg.01679ef264e045d

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

I am not an expert since i dont own any hovers, but it seems as 4 hover jets are must have to make usable hover build, any less or more hovers and build will be bad...or its just devs doing random stuff again. Who knows? 

I used to run 3x hover builds and had no issues like this, now i scrape with 4x.

it could be my mind playing tricks on me but i doubt it

Edited by GammaClash

I've used 3 hover dusters before.
but mine had 1 on each side and the 3rd centered in the rear.
it stayed up just fine.
try that to see if it still sinks.

Um... I think this has been a thing for a while with tri hovers if you run towards the side with 1 hover it will fly into the ground. 

I tested around an noticed not to much besides it not bouncing up as quickly on terrain changes.

the last patch didn't affect my triple hover builds at all.

the reason that bare-bones triple hover duster of yours does that is because its not balanced - the center of mass should be closer to the side that has the two hovers.

the hovers provide downwards thrust, if the build is not sitting perfectly upward, then the thrust is not perpendicular to the ground.

pressing the forward/backward/strafe buttons also change the direction of the thrust - as you can clearly see in the image you provided, the hovers are almost at a 45 degree angle instead of being perpendicular to the ground, combined with the imbalanced weight distribution, the build ends up falling to a side.

if you strafe in the opposite direction, the build would actually hover above the ground higher than normal as the thrust is quite close to being downward, but unlike when your build is in "idle", the hovers give more thrust during strafing.

Edited by R4Ging