Waxy_Chicken

Market is going up

Has anyone else noticed that the market is on a new steady up-trend since the update?
Whites, Blues, and Resources have almost all gone up.
Before scrap would teasing a low of 5.00/100 with highs of 5.25-5.50.  Now it's almost at 6 and still rising.
Copper has broke the 2.50 barrier and is still rising.batteries have gone from 12.00/100 to almost 19.00/100.

Large wheels used to peek at 40.  Now 40 is becoming the new norms.  Just last night i sold one for 43.00.
Wasp has gone from 38 to now a firm 40 and has bumped 45 earlier.

Unless people have suddenly started doing crazy amounts of manufacturing i suspect the Arbiter whale is doing some pumping.

I think it has something to do with the most expensive pack being at half the price.... Normally when there's a sale like that or an event prices go up for a little while

4 minutes ago, xCrossFaith said:

I think it has something to do with the most expensive pack being at half the price.... Normally when there's a sale like that or an event prices go up for a little while

Seems like "supply and demand" says it would be the exact opposite - if goods are cheaper to acquire/make, then the prices of goods goes *down*, not up.

The market on this game was, is, and always will be a joke.

11 minutes ago, xCrossFaith said:

Let me think out-loud here:

Scenario 1:
most expensive pack is on sale.
so the coins i have saved up i use on the pack.
The left over coins are still just left over coins.
no change to the market.

Scenario 2:
The most expensive pack is on sale.
I spend $$ on the game to get coins.
i buy the pack.
i have coins left over.
i buy some toys to go with my pack.
prices of those toys goes up, pulling the prices of resources with it.

but there would have to be a good number of people buying packs under Scenario 2 for the market to be steadily going up since this long after the update.
so i'm finding this to be possible but unlikely.
Those that spend $$ on a F2P game wouldn't wait for a sale.  They would of already bought most toys by now and just have a couple of items to get if that.

12 minutes ago, Seanwilliams78 said:

Seems like "supply and demand" says it would be the exact opposite - if goods are cheaper to acquire/make, then the prices of goods goes *down*, not up.

Yeah I know... But if I'm not mistaken the last time they made a sale the prices also went up.. Idk is a bit weird XD

42 minutes ago, Seanwilliams78 said:

The thing is, goods aren't cheaper to make. Buying packs don't increase the amount of resources available (since you can't boy electronics or wires with real cash).

During sales the only "supply" which increases is the amount of coins in the market. Also the "demand" for coins decreases since people have those from the packs so they're more willing to part with them. Both increased supply of coins and lesser demand for coins will lead to increased prices.

Incidentally some of the pack items have become much cheaper. Steppe Spider Cabin is now roughly 2000 coins when before the sale it was 2600-2800. The reason is increased supply of Steppe Spider Cabins and diminished demand since people are acquiring them from packs.

• Like 1