RustMechanic

Russian server vs EU server

Is it just me or are the people on the russian server much better at the game than people on the EU server.

PvP:

Shooting drones and turrets

more optimized(META) builds

lots of hovers

lots of seal clubbing

Lots more TOW and less Hovercane(low ps)

PvE:

EVERYONE ACTUALLY TRIES TO DISARM THE RAIDERS

NO CHORDS AT ALL

NOT A SINGLE 5K ACE

people that give a [deleted] when doing seasons. (using only 1 autocannon/cannon/drone +MG instead of 3 autocannons/3cannons/5drones)

People not quitting immediately after getting minimum amount of points

Why is there such a large difference between the 2 groups?More players=more guides?Better tutorials?

• Confused 1
  • Upvote 3

16 minutes ago, StreaMRoLLeR said:

Russian ;

People Refuse to Listen

People insist on speak their native russian language and remember gaming community national language is english every  gamer should have capable of speaking basic english

The War of Fire Cargo Abuse when they are pissed

People coming 5300ps with ac43 rapier and judge cannon and when they are told to their build is wrong they r pissed again and spam their blablanla language in russian

EU;

If you see someone mistake you explain them in nice language,they listen and correct their mistake.( generally degunning)

Almost All Capable players bringing MG.

When asked something in English they will answer in English :)

Are we...playing the same game...

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

Russian servers PvP people play less tactical at least in the 10K PS. They play super reckless and aggressive. They might rush alone without any rhyme or reason into the middle of enemies and die within first 20 seconds into the match.. Most of the matches last less than two minutes. Sometimes I end up on the losing team where all my team is dead by the time I've found place where i want to make my play.

Even if my team is winning the recklessness always gives a huge stress. I have a hard time understanding their motives when they move about the battlefield. There's always this uneasy feeling none of the players got my back. It's every man for himself, that's true of the russian servers in my experience.

The lack of appreciation to team play is the achilles' heel in russian ice hockey. I wonder if that's simply a cultural thing or something, you know, the way you refuse to acknowlegde the fact you're just a small piece in a bigger puzzle.

Then again some of the best players in this game are russian. So you got this weird mismatch of some of the smartest and capable guys going against bunch of players running around like headless chickens. The game's much more uneven at russian servers. EU and NA servers consist almost solely of veterans (since no new players joining into this game atm.) so matches feel more even in that sense.

And yeah, at russian servers they just don't understand english or refuse to speak it (honestly I'm not sure which one is true) so if I type "go to cap, left is open" to chat usually nothing happens. This game also has quite a lot of players from Poland, Romania, Ukraine etc. and those guys have zero problems speaking english no matter how poor they are at it. At least they're making an effort at communicating. It's a bizarre contrast to the russian players. Those russian players who have no problem speaking english do spend more time playing in the EU servers anyway.

Anyway, that's my personal experience so far at 10K+ PS. Initially I was wondering what on earth is going at these certain matches until I started paying attention to what server I was playing at (the game bounces me between RU and EU servers 50/50) until I noticed a pattern where most of the recklesness was happening at RU servers.

Raids haven't been like that however. I'm not finding as much of a difference in how players play the raids RU vs EU. Then again it could be because the best way to play these current raids in general is to cheese as much of it as possible.

• Confused 1

so you played 2 game on eu server and 2 game on ru server and you think you know the difference?:D:D

first of all, 90% of typing in chat from eu server is russian. so both in russian and eu server the majority of people are russians... so very clever comparison, you compared russians to russians wp mate.

10 hours ago, Deadseed said:

im in the US,when i play i see both english and russian being spoken,have no idea what server we use.

on PC version press F-11 twice and then look on the right hand side of your screen.

Its not just you, its true. Russian players are just better at this game, more prepared in raids and in PVP.

This also goes for forums, reading this forum and comparing it to the Russian one is like comparing primary school with uni. People there make more posts with constructive suggestions, less with crying/complaining.

Also, to those who complain that Russian players do not respond to English in chat - just cause you have your game set to English does not mean that this is the default language for the player base. AND since the Russian player base is larger( and I mean by a factor of 10 at least) you could learn some basic Russian to get along. :expert:

13 hours ago, Spedemix said:

And yeah, at russian servers they just don't understand english or refuse to speak it.

Both can play this game, when they don't try to speak english I just switch to portuguese, then we're even, nobody understands each other :P

Jokes asides, I play (and can only play due connectivity problems out of my knowledge) RU, and everyone I see there is chill, sometimes too serious to me.

• Haha 1

BTW Spedemix, do you assume that a player is not Russian if he/she types in chat using English?

No disrespect to anyone, but I played RU all weekend and it was a blast. Like early days of open beta. Run in, fight and win or lose. Go to garage and join next battle in seconds, not minutes. I cannot disagree that in general the RU server is more reckless and to me more fun. Battles rarely exceeded three minutes. Bots rarely participated. Not sure about English or Russian language usage, mostly because nobody chatted. I even cut way back on my usual chatting because I assumed nobody would care what I had to say. Also, in battles that are over in under three minutes, what is there to say? I did use the in game call outs and assume they mean the same to all players, whatever language. Most times chat is just salt. Sometimes when spectating, you can tell an ally that his other ally is out of wheels or weapons, or say BASE, BASE, BASE. I would like to think no matter what language they speak or write that they know what "BASE!" means.

Why are you guys expecting any sort of teamwork? Crossout does not reward teamwork in any way and servers or language barriers just make matters worse. We need serious social rework, such as group finders, map pings, points for being supportive and such. And yeah less salt would help, it is getting out of hand when people take game too seriously... 

• Upvote 4

I actually find my time frame the folks I play with on RU server actually synergize an teamplay (abit lack of any verbal or text communication) VERY well compared to eu servers where it feels like I'm playing with people that are smashing their heads in with frying pans while trying to shoot at someones general direction.

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, Komun1sT said:

BTW Spedemix, do you assume that a player is not Russian if he/she types in chat using English?

Yeah I generally do. The assumption has been formed from my experiences. A Russian player generally starts chatting with russian language. If a Polish or German players sends a PM to you they won't use polish or german but english. There's been a handful of players with whom I've spoken english and they've turned out to be russian.

Usually I end up finding the players' nationalities anyway when they start asking "where you from Spede? :)".