KrissGO

Speedometer idea

I know that speedometers were sugested a lot of times, but that wont stop me from sharing my ideea.

There are some models:

Speedometer.7z

Their meaning:

SpeedometerMeaning.7z

And the original speedometers:

SpeedometerOriginals.7z

(I uploaded them as archives because simple images gave me an error)

Basically, some modified retro analogue speedometers that contain the map.

Important: speedometers need to be different for each cabin/cabin type and faction.

Edited by KrissGO
  • Upvote 3

Speedometer was suggested many times over, developers are aware of it, opening up anyway.

• Thanks 1

+1, it makes sense with speed being a contributing factor for a lot of in game parts relying on it, knowledge of what it is would be nice and frevent player attempting to do some 3rd party overlay or polling  to get one anyway,

slightly off topic - why are their speedos, dashboards, steering wheels & interiors fully designed in some Cabs when we can only see them by accident, if not a feature we can use, or an easter egg (we can't use) why waste time modeling the interiors of the cabs?

One idea I had to see how fast you are requires a Radar Detector, ideally an Epic one. In Test Drive, back away from your Clone until it disappears from the map. Move closer until it shows on the map once again. You are now 450 meters from your clone. or 300 using Rare. Find some terrain feature as a marker. And then get a running start at full speed and using a stop watch count how many seconds it takes from your marker to crash into your clone, and do the math. Then you will know how many meters per second that you traveled at full speed. Then from a dead stop from the same marker, drive into your clone, then you will know how long it takes to get up to speed and go 450 meters. Best wishes.

PS: A speedometer would be great, this is just a work around.