DevilJaw

New game mode - Tower Defence

This is an idea of mine for a new PvP gamemode in crossout:

This gamemode shall be constructed like all the other: 8 v 8 pvp battles, no respawn, 5 minutes games, classic PvP map-pool... but instead of having to cap ennemy base, you have to seek and destroy their oil pump and protect yours. The first team to run out of players looses OR the first team to destroy the ennemy oil pump wins. The oil pump shall be pretty small and also hided from direct long range figths, forcing the players to attack the tower from close range / melee. No guns or defences shall be installed on the tower, making it defencelss if nobody guards it. The tower shall be explosion damages and bullet damages resistant.

What do you think ? How could we make this gamemode idea a real thing ? Tell me down below :)

~see you in the wastelands

• Upvote 2

That would actually made a lot more sense than the lame cap circle.. But once your weapons are gone, if you can no longer cap, then you really are useless so I don't know. Your idea has potential tho

Edited by sam93931
  • Upvote 1

13 hours ago, sam93931 said:

That would actually made a lot more sense than the lame cap circle.. But once your weapons are gone, if you can no longer cap, then you really are useless so I don't know. Your idea has potential tho

you can ram the tower, it could be weak to ram damages ;D

• Haha 1

On 7/28/2018 at 9:14 AM, DevilJaw said:

you can ram the tower, it could be weak to ram damages ;D

Finally a use for the Tusk Cabin :P

On 7/27/2018 at 1:58 PM, DevilJaw said:

This is an idea of mine for a new PvP gamemode in crossout:

This gamemode shall be constructed like all the other: 8 v 8 pvp battles, no respawn, 5 minutes games, classic PvP map-pool... but instead of having to cap ennemy base, you have to seek and destroy their oil pump and protect yours. The first team to run out of players looses OR the first team to destroy the ennemy oil pump wins. The oil pump shall be pretty small and also hided from direct long range figths, forcing the players to attack the tower from close range / melee. No guns or defences shall be installed on the tower, making it defencelss if nobody guards it. The tower shall be explosion damages and bullet damages resistant.

What do you think ? How could we make this gamemode idea a real thing ? Tell me down below :)

~see you in the wastelands

Not sure if the explosion and bullet resistance is needed, just place it in a location you can't target from the other side of the map so it won't be crickets and whirlwinds firing from base killing it of before many other vehicles can get in range.
All in all like the idea though.

On 7/27/2018 at 7:49 PM, sam93931 said:

Well you could also change some of the normal debris style items in general area into explosives you can collect and drop near the target.
This shouldn't be very hard as the design is already in the game.

Idea that I have here is something like this.
Storywise, 2 rivaling factions have both located a before unknown source of oil and are trying to call in the reinforcements, ofcourse the other side is jamming their signal, solution destroy your opponent jammer so reinforcements can be called and control can be taken.
Large map with 2 reasonable similar sides, each side has 1 com tower (just for the story) and 1 com jammer, middle area has many explosives lying around (or possible every xx seconds a random explosive spawn) and a large oil refinary (again for story).
Team that either kills all opponents or destroys enemy com jammer wins. (and ofcourse you can rule most damage dealt to opp com tower wins at time up).

Alternative style: after destruction of the com jammer, xx raiders enter the area from the destroyers base each xx seconds, helping the team that killed of the com jammer, however it will still be last man standing. If at any moment the other side destroys their opponents com jammer, raiders will come from both sides.

Ahh I just suggested something similar and then found this...so I must first agree it would be an awesome game mode.

This is sort of like UT 2004's Onslaught mode, excluding power nodes.

Great idea, except make it so there ARE respawns, otherwise it is likely the oil pump would never get destroyed. Also, make a couple of shield generators that must first be destroyed before the oil pump  is vulnerable. (or whatever it ends up being, my idea was a power reactor) After a while, it would be possible for team members to repair the shield gen's.

Just my 2 cents. :)

Edited by XeridoX