_cottton_

Raids make sleepy (edit: 2 years and still boring)

Are you getting tired while playing raids?  

60 members have voted

1. 1. Are you getting tired while playing raids?

• Yes
    • No
    • I dont play raids
    • I dont play crossout
    • I dont have a computer

Everytime we (me and mate) playing raids we both getting tired.

You - devs - seriously need to change something. PVP is fine. But Raids - everytime the same pattern.

Edited by _cottton_
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Upvote 4

I enjoy this game but I just cant stand raids. Every time i start playing again, I get burned out quickly because of raids. Its not that they are too easy or too hard, I just hate pve and doing the same tasks over and over again. I would really like to be able to earn any resource from missions. I just hate raids. 

• Upvote 5

I hate all the raids.

Not only are they boring, in a very literal sense, they take 3 times as long to finish as they should given the rewards.

The old raids were terrible too, but at least they were short.

• Upvote 2

Old raids where manageable simply because of it's length and room for improving completion time, but the new ones that takes several times longer too complete and with the annoying PS scaling they become unbearably boring.

At the very least make it worth my time, i don't even use my daily fuel anymore because all of them takes a ludicrously long time too complete with like one exception i believe (which i forgot because i haven't played PVE in a while).

• Upvote 1

I stopped playing raids as soon as with one of those "Kill 78 raiders on hard raids with cannons"  I shot a fully charged Tsunami shot to a lunatic buggy (yes, those which are only a cabin 4 wheels and acouple shotguns)  and the guy took it like it was nothing,  I noped the xxxx out from raids and seassons immediatly, for me this has been a PVP exclusively game for like 3 months minimum now ^^ 

As boring as the raids are, way more people would play them if the rewards made a bit of sense

Edited by xCrossFaith
  • Thanks 3

11 hours ago, _cottton_ said:

Everytime we (me and mate) playing raids we both getting tired.

You - devs - seriously need to change something. PVP is fine. But Raids - everytime the same pattern.

harden up

• Confused 1
  • Upvote 1

2020 ... im literally in a raid hard right now and almost falling asleep.

this is sooooOOOooo boooOOoooing.

Well i mostky play raids ONLY to get easy copper with hard raid and the leviathan one. Still they could be improved somehow since they are not very appealing nor that challenging.

don't play raids cause boring and not worth the time

On 8/17/2018 at 7:40 AM, Lordor2022 said:

I already worte it several month ago: Raids are boring and too long.  

ahahahaha

Too long.

ahahahahah

Man , i'm used to 20 minutes games.

Inkedroonstock_LI.thumb.jpg.1216fbe1a168

I had games with 1.30 m duration 

In some ships that is the equivalent of 2 salvos, you shoot twice and the game ends.

ahahahahah

if anything, crossout games are way too short

Edited by Babuskae

44 minutes ago, Babuskae said:

PVP yes. Im asking for long PVP matches with respawn since a year or so.

But PVE is boring AF. You got nothing to do. And i played coop games vs AI where a match was 5 hours + (!),

XO raids are just no brainer matches - wait, shoot, wait, shoot, ... repeat.

After the daily challenge system was reworked, I stopped playing raids pretty much completely. 
Glad you can still earn decent resources without doing them.

Nevertheless, they’re not a bad way of learning, and I’m sure there are lots of players that enjoy the arcade aspect of raids.

I’m just glad the current system allows for either type of player to earn daily rewards.

1 hour ago, Babuskae said:

ahahahaha

Too long.

ahahahahah

Man , i'm used to 20 minutes games.

Inkedroonstock_LI.thumb.jpg.1216fbe1a168

I had games with 1.30 m duration 

In some ships that is the equivalent of 2 salvos, you shoot twice and the game ends.

ahahahahah

Yeah, I would love longer bigger PvP matches. More players, bigger maps, longer matches.

11 minutes ago, poony4u2 said:

Yeah, I would love longer bigger PvP matches. More players, bigger maps, longer matches.

We already got battlefield mode for that, althought its only playable during the event ,but well at least is something.

Althought it would be nice if we got a mode like that one but where you can respawn and intead of premade classes we could use our own selection of build like in war thunder, where if you die you can choose other vehicles from the same faction and level. 

• Upvote 2

11 hours ago, AGrievousGuy said:

We already got battlefield mode for that, althought its only playable during the event ,but well at least is something.

Althought it would be nice if we got a mode like that one but where you can respawn and intead of premade classes we could use our own selection of build like in war thunder, where if you die you can choose other vehicles from the same faction and level. 

Devs are trying that.
First we got experimental mode - same like normal PVP but with repair. 
Seems to be on hold, but actually worked. And it was a good test for questions like "how to deal with spears, ammo, booster, ...", those are the same problems you get with respawn.
Then we got the new battlefield mode, which works with larger maps and pre-build-respawn. Works good, is fun, but rewards are too low.

The actual problems are: 
- selection on respawn
- static or dynamic PS of the actual current match
- join into running match -> reward system (limits)?
- MatchMaker "skill sort"
- fuel?

Respawn:
KIS - Keep It Simple: using the current system as it is 
we should be able to select from our saved builds from the save slots and exhibition.
MatchMaker then checks live if this can be choosen (by PS and w/e is related). 
(This cannot take long, otherwise we wouldnt be able to join a match in sec.)

Example:
You got saved (i.e. just) 4 builds:
7k PS
4k PS
11k PS
16k PS

You join with your 11k PS build.
You got destroyed and want to respawn.
You get the build-selection screen and MatchMaker shows you all your builds:
7k PS
4k PS
11k PS

16k PS (greyed out, unable to select)

Static or dynamic Match-PS?
(Imagine this is the first respawn match ever)
You click on join match with a 11K PS build.
You get merged into a match with players from 11 to 13k PS.
Question: is this server now locked on 11-13k PS? Or does it acts dynamically on players that join?
MatchMaker should allow you to select a lower build, like 7k PS. What if (over time) all did select a ~7k PS build on the current match? 
Does the server keep the original 11-13K PS as (max) range, or does it dynamically change the range?
This must be thought through and then tested a while.

Join running matches (rewards|limits).
You should be able to join running matches.
It does not matter if you join and all the sudden the match is over. This happen ... in many (all?) games.
Zero reward. Well, bad luck.

You join and the match is running since 15 min.
You shoot, hit, destroy, ... end of match.
You receive now as much you destroyed ... well, as it currently is implemented - ez.
But you should not be limited that hard.

Lets say you played 30 min. Thats like 6 matches currently, and like 120 {resources}.
You would receive 120, but you reached your weekly resource limit and get just 20.
That is bad. Nobody want that happen.
You should get the full reward.
After this match you should see that you do not get any more of this resource (already implemented).
If you now still join|continue then its your fault.

MatchMaker "skill sort"
This should be removed. Random is random. But sorted random is bad.
You should be added to the match and to the side that fits.
You even should be able to switch sides, if there is f.e. less players.
Those problems are all handled already by every multi player game.

Fuel?
This is special.
You currently get max 15 fuel per ~5 min match, if you stay alive.
15 fuel per 30 min match would be sad. And all players will be dead in 30 min once.
This would need to be changed. But this cannot be that hard to invent and implement.
(A match for "Get the fuel" ?)

So... this is a lot and i will post this in a separate thread i think.
I really want this. And i bet devs want this too.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Personaly i love raid , why ? don't know but it's relax moment with coffe and funny build

but yes it's boring atm , why ? cause everytime same map , they do little change but never big 

now only one raid is good " def frontier " , other give bad reward for same time played ...

so why do other raid if is for loose reward for same fuel used and same time played , really bad idea

Dev's do and prouve they can do nice and big map ( last tank event for exemple )

ok they no have the time cause they do pack after nerf after pack after buff after pack and now after season pass and do in midle of all that's a really boring and bad RAVEN event ( they do best video and what we get .... nothing )

For finish maybe one day they do something but for moment everyday this game die , people are bored and i think this game just going to die cause dev's just want more and more and forget what's they must do to enjoy all players , not a premium pack for one day or promo for bench but a serious up of content for this best game cause he have a lot of way

:014:

Edited by LOoD

I don't like the Fuel system, because the units (Liters) earned in odd increments, and are spent in even numbers (Multiples of 20)

I like the idea of the fuel earning being based on how long you're in the match, or something like that.  I'd rather go and get the Fuel.  Make it dangerous, with Lunatics guarding the Gas Station, and Scavengers guarding Black Gold, or whatever.  

Carrying Gas Tanks in Missions to get the Fuel to spend on Raids is just plain wonky.  I don't like it, and it doesn't really add anything to the game except for a couple of parts to make your car easier to blow up.  Honestly, I'd change Fuel tanks to Ammo for Flame Throwers, and Boosters.

Edited by psiberzerker
  • Like 1

Raids are fun. If you have a friend to talk to while waiting for the raid to be over, so you can play the real game (PvP).

31 minutes ago, mayor_boldclaim said:

Raids are fun. If you have a friend to talk to while waiting for the raid to be over, so you can play the real game (PvP).

1. "Raids are fun" -- ? :blink:

2. "a friend" -- so you say raids (or the game) is based on external entertainment? :D

Thats a tmp solution, yes. But this is not solving the actual problem :)