Fuglypump

Add filters and search functionality to market history

Have created the same suggestion 2 days ago!

Its simple, just use the Market UI for Market History.

AND

Add a simple Horn-Test-Button, thanks :)

Yeah i went to post a topic on this because i selled too much crap and can't find again how much I bought a paint can... As Todesklinge say it's really simple :5739e92736a0e_):.

We would be grateful.

HORN TEST BUTTON IS THE PRIORITY !!!!! :attack:

If it's doable for exhibition, it ought to be doable for market history too. After all, we're simply querying for data. :)

• Upvote 1

related:

as you craft & sell, looking at market history to track production numbers & prices, not intuitive - there should be a counter on workbench to show progress

market search would allow player to see "crafted" over bought,

some more info would be helpful, example: crafting 10 legendaries - takes over a week, Mets prices fluctuating, events, server issues, etc all make tracking annoying

having some instant market history would be useful,

making a 1000 electronics purchase & get a popup of the last price/s you paid,,, ie it's goes up or down x amount since last time

so for each sale & purchase a popup of YOUR (if you have history containing item) most recent prices are available (with the option to disable)

Also having "right click"  select Detailed - & get detail (yours or generic) & full CrossoutDB integration into game client)

I've heard a recurring things for game devs, in a few games. Information overcrowding.

The more you can get, the better it is, but at some point this changed from dev points of view. I guess it's decades of analyze (which point in the wrong way to me). HUD and UI, would have became too crowded and confusing from the amount of stuff on screen and information to process.

Complicated crafting pretty much nullified in every game. I remember once in a game. Have to find a spot, that would yield the purest thing, from 100 to 1000 on the world( fight stuff while you mine it), based on that stat, the thing would be good or not. But this is one resources of 3, for 1 component when you need multiple component to then craft the thing you want with the rarity based on the purest stuff you found and made. Blending low quality with high and so on for a single item, while i haven't explained some other features. You know in depth complex crafting. Like algebra, once you get it, it's easy.

The HUD, i'm a guy that would almost see nothing of the battlefield because there's too much info on the screen. Speed, distance, orientation marker, hp bar of other people, bar for each parts and so on. This is just unavailable in most games, you don,t have the option if you wish to.

Then there's descriptions ( 10 white bars? really? come on that ain't telling me anything until it turns red ) and i'll stop here, you see my point by now, i assume.

BUT

The suggested in this Topic(Add filters and search functionality to market history) is what should have been a basic feature from the start.

It happens to forget things or think it wouldn't be required, so time to provide it to us pretty please :)

+1

Edited by SoulDeliverer

... and add some indexes ffs to the marked tables.

You dont really got THAT much items so it actually should not be that slow.

• Thanks 1

Well at least add sell/buy filter, many sell things and in between craft things, if u sell something u can have trouble finding it later in the amount of bought items, resources to craft items. Literally pages to just find that one sold item.

U could also make it faster to browse history.

On 1/15/2019 at 2:16 PM, szefopl said:

U could also make it faster to browse history. 

I think the reason why many lists are so slow in XO is because nothing is indexed locally. Everytime you turn a page it requeries (<- yes, this is the correct word) all the data.

Locally stored indexes which are updated at certain intervals and from where the data is queried from ought to be much faster.

These index files ought not to be any larger than logs so at worst it's just few megabytes of hard drive space wasted.

The associated index file could be updated everytime the material gets accessed form the game. In plain english: local index file of market history gets updated whenever someone accesses the market history or presses the refresh button in market history. The game then reads the index file for data instead of querying and requerying it from the gaijin database constantly.

Or just store the index in RAM, I don't know. :dntknw:

If devs are afraid making the live market indexed opens a door for mischef, keep the live market as it is and merely index the market history.

I'm a software developer and i know how thing works, but there is really no reason history works slower than exhib. I tend to see that generally nothing is cached, but it is ok for this kind of game. f it could be just a little faster.

On the other hand, browsing market is also not so fast to be honest and could be better too.

Edited by szefopl

Hello devs,

I'm very active in the market, but to calculate my profit a have to constantly check the history window(in the market section), but often this window take A LOT! ! !  to show information, and also I have to manually search a particular piece (to see the piece of purchase, and define my piece of sale) and that imply search many pages.... which is SOO TIME CONSUMING and for your servers I think is resource consuming too...

My proposal:

Add in the pop up menu (triangle in PS4) recent historical per piece in another pop up window 

i.e.    I bought a thunderbolt 10 days ago, instead of manually look 4 the price of purchase (that could take several boring minutes! ! ! ) . with a system of pop up Windows per piece I could easy a very fast check the price of purchase (of a particular item) and put my price to sell the item without wasting any time! ! !  And without consuming server resources (showing historical that I don't neet to see in that moment) unnecessarily.

I think that way you will add dynamics to the market and you will collect more taxes. So a WIN-WIN situation.

Thank you for reading.

I wanted to ask also for better marketstatistics.......well so im not the only one who would like to have the statistics right ingame instead of sourcing them out to crossoutDB or something like that.

Has my full support :good: