Fuglypump

Suggestion to improve Domination gameplay

Should Domination be changed?  

21 members have voted

1. 1. Which solution do think is best?

• Suggestion A is best
    • Suggestion B is best
    • It is fine the way it is now

How it works now: Win the game the instant your team captures two objectives.

• Suggestion A: When capturing two objectives a timer starts counting down, when this timer reaches 0 the team with 2 or more objectives wins. Instead of instantly granting victory when the 2nd objective is captured you must hold two objectives for a certain amount of time.

• Suggestion B: Each objective generates "points" each second while uncontested, the first team to reach a specified number of points wins. This means you can win the game with only one objective as long as you keep the other objectives contested, but if you capture more objectives you will win faster.

Summary: Personally I prefer suggestion B because this setup requires you to take all 3 objectives into account and the mode requires constant map control while suggestion A only requires control of 2/3 objectives for X amount of time. The current system only requires a brief amount of time to end the game and it frequently causes games to end without any fighting at all.

Edited by Fuglypump
  • Confused 2
  • Upvote 1

I disagree to a delay in securing the victory. Just add ten seconds to the circle. The circle should remain the be all and end all, you have until that circle completes to enter the circle. How many have been won or lost by that one second? When you are crippled and weaponless but somehow enter the enemy base and capture their base away from them and they are too far away to defend the circle they originally captured while chasing your only remaining ally while he does everything to delay and distract them. That 10 seconds would ruin his dying effort to secure the victory while losing in the kill/death total. Or, you still have all your weapons and good health and have killed two after capturing your first base and drive across the whole battlefield to the red captured base and nobody stops you the whole way and you quickly cap the base away from them. Poor enemy strategy to fail to defend their own while fighting for the middle base. By the time they realize and race back, you honk as the timer ends. Giving them the satisfaction of an extra 10 seconds after such terrible tactics is wrong. They earned their loss, next battle.

A fair point system, first to X points wins would be good to test out. I think killing all enemies should always be the main strategy and adding a points counter may detract from the kill all concept, but it could not hurt to try it. Domination mode is mostly poor tactics every time and I dislike it greatly when nobody plays the objectives, but that is not a problem with the mode but public game modes in general. Many times my team has excellent tactics and we kill the enemy piece by piece and use the caps as lures to force the remaining enemies to come and fight or just end it and move on to the next battle, having killed them enough. Nothing I love better then when it ends from 2 caps to 1 and on to the next battle, unless the next one is also a Domination. 

PS, After further thought, there is one Domination result that I love the best., win or lose. When one team is dead and no bases are captured.

Edited by GeneralJamesZodd
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 1

On 8/31/2018 at 4:31 PM, GeneralJamesZodd said:

I disagree to a delay in securing the victory

So i take it you like playing battles where no one gets any kills and the game ends abruptly without any combat? If it wasn't about getting quick rewards would you still feel the same?

When I am farming fuel or pushing missions domination is fast easy wins, but it's not fun to just cap. Often I will not allow myself to cap the objectives and just go hunting players because I play the game to pvp, not watch a progress bar. The game is far more fun when it actually involves combat IMHO.

Edited by Fuglypump

On 9/9/2018 at 9:56 PM, Fuglypump said:

So many premature endings to games.

Agree on that. This would be a nice change. 

Playing a heavy build sometimes results in one of the teams capturing two objectives faster than you reach the enemy, and you get no reward for the wasted time. 

• Upvote 1

I like B, but I do say that either the points to win will have to be low or there will have to be respawns. What would likely happen if there is no respawns and say you have a 100 point win is that you would eventually kill everyone off before you reach that point victory. As domination currently is though it doesn't feel different enough from assault.

Suggestion added up to List, now waiting for review from developers.

• Thanks 1

Personally I hate that the game is immediately slowed down by players capping the closest base... I would like to see the capture method altered as to not force you to stay on the base to get points, so you can get on to actually playing the game faster.

For instance, one method to change this would be... whilst capturing, you accrue a percentage of friendly cap on a point, then move away... that point doesn't lose it's friendly capture amount... it just sits there and waits in the same state you left it, where one of 2 things could happen.

1) You or a friendly complete the capture, you both get rewarded an amount relative to the time you spent capturing (even if you are no longer on the point) and the person(s) who complete the cap get a bonus.

OR

2) An enemy comes along and enters the point and clears your stake in that point and gains a bonus for stealing an unfinished base (which could be relative to the percentage it was capped by their enemy) and then can start capping it for their team.

This would allow people to move away from the unfinished base prior to it being captured fully, and still get points, and hopefully encourage them to do so more regularly (possibly offer more points for the middle base, or some other reason to push that one over the closest bases)

I like B because that would allow to change the capture time to almost instantly (or way faster).

Like people said before, the game is about fighting, not objectives. The objectives are just here to force the fight and games rarely end with objective victory (except when a team cheese an early win and the other is clueless or when the last player decides to hide instead of fighting).

And I hate that in many maps (particularly hill) the strategy is to stay on top of the first objective until it capture then go fight. It's time lost.

With an objective that require an amount of time controling them that would both prevent cheese and allow to go fight faster for the middle one without having to wait on the first objective to cap it. 

I suggest raid solo play

Currently raids can only be started with at least two people
It may take time to start in an area where the play population is small, or you may not be able to play comfortably because you are skipped to another area.Why not make raids available for solo play?
For example, the difficulty level is the same as two-player, and the reward is slightly higher. How about.Players who are confident in their skills will play in solo mode, and players who are not confident in their skills will still play with two or more players.
That way, raid-optimized players will be less angry with non-optimized players like cannons