BjKalderon

Questions to the developers, Autumn 2018

This topic is designed to collect and organize the players' questions towards the developers as well as their answers.

Answers are usually given daily on weekdays. Developers will read all questions, but questions which are not clearly defined, which are obviously meaningless, which are lying on the "surface", or which violate the rules of the forum, will be ignored and deleted.

How to ask questions:
Formulate your questions as clear as possible. Try to ask only important questions. Use the search function before asking any questions, some questions may have already been answered.

The following rules apply to this thread:

1. Posts that do not contain any game related questions will be deleted.
  2. This thread is not for suggestions. Any suggestion posted in this thread will be deleted.
  3. Any discussion in this subject will be considered as flame and offtopic and will be punished appropriately.
  4. The questions are asked towards the game developers and therefore only they can respond.
  5. The thread will be cleaned at least once a week. 
  6. Flood is not allowed in this topic. If the question is posted multiple times then no answer will follow.
  7. We do not comment any questions concerning the in-game economy and prices.
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1. Tackler, Knight Raider event weapons. 

When can they be added to the crafting list?

2. Hover.

Balance? Reduce the flying height? Greatly increase the PS?

3. Missiles.

Switch to manually control mode?

4. Small tracks, Harden tracks.

BUFF?

Woodyrojo (Posted )

Hello, Robocraftman. 1. We're planning to make the parts from the last event craftable after this event is finished. 2. Currently there's no official information about any changes for hovers. Once it becomes final we'll share it in the preliminary information about the update that will include the tweaks. 3. No plans to switch the homing missiles to a guided ones. 4. No plans atm, but all the tweaks are possible if the overall statistics shows us that the changes are required.

What will you prioritise in the next 2-3 updates - will there be new modes, maps, items, events?

Edited by toopa_

Woodyrojo (Posted )

Hello, toopa_! Soon we're planning to launch a new Knechtes event with new weapons and modules. Also, we're planning to make the weapons from the last event (Aspect, Cyclone, etc.) craftable. Also we're working on the Exploration mode and on a new complex raid that would allow all the experienced survivors to get some new and unique parts.
  • Like 2

Hello Crossout, and Woodyrojo,

1 a / Turrets when they are deployed into water, it's hardly to destroy with spark, it's like the water protected the turrets. 

1 b /  So if water give a protection to tesla canon and maybe other weapons... Is actually the water reducing the fire dammage from fire and laser weapons  ? 

2 / In raids :  Why the fire do not damage pump and turrets in steel cradle ?

3/ For raid pursuit, could you give some points to be minimum at 40 for all players for active participation if the 2 convoys are not destroy at the end of the raid ? ( It's difficult , because many people passing more time to killing raiders or run after the convoy with their tank, than killing convoy)

4/ Freddie avatar when can it be win ? I participated to build contest (but I not won) + art of winning ( i won ) , but nothing about Freedie portrait, why ? 

. Thank you for answering and good day :)

Woodyrojo (Posted )

Hello, JarJarBZH! 1. Yes, it's harder to destroy the turrets that are deployed into the water. This applies to all the weapons you're firing to destroy them. 2. Actually, it does. If your flamethrower doesn't damage the pump or turret at all, please, leave your bug report here: https://forum.crossout.net/index.php?/forum/105-xbox-bug-reports/ 3. Currently we're not planning any tweaks for the Chase raid. The raid itself supposes that the players should somehow change their builds in order to be successful in this raid and catch up the convoy. 4. Freddie is currently not available for the players. It's a portrait of one of the raiders in the game.

What are the event timelines for the foreseeable future?

Could we get date ranges in advance for Halloween, Winter Holiday, Knetch, etc. ?

Woodyrojo (Posted )

Hello, Pickleberry! Currently we're not planning to announce future events dates. Sometimes it takes some additional time to balance the new items/modes. We believe, that it's always better to take some time and polish the feature than to release it 'as it is'. However, we always announce all the major changes and known dates of every future update in the 'preliminary information' news.

Hello,
I would like to tell you that I like this section in the forum, questions to the developers. I'll come straight to the point and ask my question.

We all saw the leaked videos from the test server. There were tons of weapons to see. As we know, these are just concepts and ideas!

Can you tell us now if any of these concepts or ideas what we have seen are being implemented? 

greetings Hauser22

Woodyrojo (Posted )

Hello, hauser22! Unfortunately, I cannot tell you anything for sure, since I'm not sure which particular video you're talking about, but some of the seen parts are being worked on and we're planning to release them. Currenly these are only the prototypes, so their final models/stats probably will be changed.
  • Upvote 1

Hello.

Why high advanced millitary mortar 'mandrake' have terrible accuracy but some kind of medieval  catapult 'incerator' have 100 procent accuracy? I Mean it always shot in the middle of circle. I Think this is unbalanced here. Of course im not asking why mandrake have 100 accuracy but either why catapult have 100 accuracy You know.

Every faction have some kind of bumpers, why not steppen wolves? Is they gonna recive some kind of ripped  frontal tank armor or something?

Thanks for replying.

Woodyrojo (Posted )

Hello, MoroBlizniak. It depends on the projectiles. The Incinerator launches one incendiary projectile right in front of the vehicle. The Mandrake launches its projectiles up in the air and then they land in the area you've selected. Also, as you already know, the Incinerator's range and damage can not be compared to the Mandrake's range adn damage. That's why the Mandrake shouldn't have 100% accuracy or even something close to 100%. Speaking about bumpers: it's possible, that the faction will receive some similar parts in the future, but atm it's not something we're working on. The idea will be included in the list of features to discuss.

(whoops! I forgot to sign in! :015_2: Sorry!)

When the knight riders come back, will they offer the same craftable items as last time, new ones, or both?

(Please approve this one and not the anonymously posted one. Sorry for the spam, mods.) 

Woodyrojo (Posted )

Hello, DominusPericulum! The Knechtes are bringing some new parts to the Wastelands :) However, it's not final atm and they may also bring some of the parts we've already seen and associate with them. Also, we're planning to make the weapons from the previous event (e.g. Aspect, Cyclone, etc.) craftable after the new event finishes.

Hello, you are working on some more elaborate clan system, such as a clan member being able to trade items or donating resources to help or the clan have a type of store to deposit coins and use for the benefit of clan members , I would love to know what you are planning to improve the interactivity of a clan and its members.

BjKalderon (Posted )

miguel_luiz, hello! Even though there are no plans to implement a direct trade between the clan members (because it's going to interfere with the Crossout market's policy), there is a number of plans to improve the current clan system. For example, some features connected with the clan search interface are already being worked on.

are you planning to make dawn children faction raids? (all enemy raiders are hovers... could be fun)

BjKalderon (Posted )

Yes, there are plans to add enemies from the advanced factions to the raids. It's a work in progress and once these enemies are included into the raids, we'll definitely mention this in our pathcnotes.

Will we see the "witch hunt brawl" return this year? Had a blast playing that mode last year.

Also Will we have an opportunity to earn more prospectors and mentors crates in the future? Thanks

Woodyrojo (Posted )

Hello, Going4Broke. Currently we're considering possible activities for the Halloween event. But it's nice to hear that you like the 'Witch hunt' brawl :) About the containers: it's possible in the future, but atm we're not planning to add special activities to earn these containers.

Hello Targem :)

1) Can you ask and if you got a something useful about the “most requested” and “oldest” suggestion = Night Map ? I think we are getting closer.At least telling if its priority task  or not would suffice for me.

2)We talked about Complex Raid tier and it sound awesome but little thing bugs me.In the current state are u allowed to say that,Relic reward ( the MG) can be obtainable by playing it ? A.k.a no uranium required.

3)New event this month or like u said “Autumn” can we expect October as well ?

Question 2 is very imporant for me and the community aswell, we are very keen to know this little detail.Please try to give us little something rather then say”wait preliminary info..”

Thank You :) 

Edited by StreaMRoLLeR

Woodyrojo (Posted )

Hello, StreaMRoLLeR :) 1. Currently we're working on various improvements of in-game lighting effects. And yes, this means that once the task is finished, we'll be able to work on a properly looking night map. 2. Atm I can say that, probably, the relic MG is planned to be a reward for another activity, not the complex raid. 3. I would say it's the first half of autumn :) We're expecting more exact info to come pretty soon.
  • Confused 1

Hello again.

As we know, tow missle is really weird weapon. I Mean missle that can only fly 0.5m above ground? This is really arcade right now. I Think You should make tow missle a guide missle. Its a same thing in War Thunder (Choppers). Isn't this better than current missle control? Its gonna be a huge tweak but i think its worth it.

BjKalderon (Posted )

MoroBlizniak, hello! The mechanic of missile control that you have described as an example is applied within completely different in-game environment (even though it shares some similarities with Crossout), so such rework is not planned to be implemented. But, if necessary, there might be some tweaks to this weapon's stats in the future;)
  • Like 1

Hi,
2nd try!
The developer blog said that we get some extremely hard raids. Possible reward a relic machine gun. The leaked video https://youtu.be/PT0WCqvnUFk  shows a relic MG. 

My questions, when will these raids be implemented? This year, next year or never?
Possible Reward - relic MG or do we get some additional fragments in CW? 

greetings Hauser22

BjKalderon (Posted )

hauser22, hello! First things first - the parts shown in this kind of videos are currently available only for Chinese server and their appearence and stats might be changed or they might not appear in other versions of the game at all. Which is why I suggest you wait for the new official devblog, which is planned to arrive pretty soon. As for the new raid - it is currently under development and at the moment it is planned to be released later this year. We will share more details as it will be getting close to release;)
  • Like 1

1. Want to know that whether there will be any plan about new faction ?

2. Will Spike-1 joint any events or became craftable ? It is a interesting weapon. 

3. I think maybe you can add some more weathers in some maps ? Like raining or snowing. These can make the game-world more real.

BjKalderon (Posted )

BR86, hello! 1. At the moment we are focused on the plans described in this devblog - https://crossout.net/en/diary/56/#/, so the new faction shouldn't be expected to arrive anytime soon. There are some concepts and ideas though, so stay tuned;) 2. Spike - 1 was initially created as a unique weapon for the Knechte, which is why it can be obtained during it's arrival in the Wastelands. But it's worth saying, that it can also be purchased on the market; 3. This idea has been suggested a number of times before. As you probably know, the departure from Direct - X 9 allowed us to start working on a number of new graphical improvements and new effects for the game. For now, they will mostly concern the lighting system, but it's possible, that in the future these features will concern the weather effects as well;)

1. Are you working on any improvements to the HUD?, customization? Graphical improvements? Mini map?

2. Is there any chance that we could get some improvements to the aiming system? The jumping cross hairs (parallax) are terrible and really mess up the feel of slow projectile weapons. The aiming was beautiful before the update where you fixed the parallax jump on cloaked enemies.

BjKalderon (Posted )

DeucesWiId, hello! 1. Yes, some of the UI improvements are planned to be included in one of the nearest updates (for example, some of them should concern the mini map). As always, you'll be able to find the details from our pathcnotes; 2. Currently there are no plans to change the aiming mechanic for the projectile weapons. Here's how the current system works - if there is an obstacle between the gun's barrel and the final target, then the projectile is going to hit this obstacle. That's why the crosshair is "jumping" - so that you can see what object is going to be hit.

Hello, Developers!

My questions will be mainly around clans/clan wars

1st - Are there any near future plans to update survivors statistics with added information from clan wars, at least total battles played just like we see raids? 

2nd - Are there any plans of adding total weekly clan wars battles played next to players personal score for example?

3rd - Are there any plans of adding more maps to clan wars?

4th - Are there any plans of bringing Leviathan clan wars or ranked battles back this year?

5th - Will portrait frames come back?

Woodyrojo (Posted )

Hello, KaSH_! 1,2. Currently we're not considering an option to add clan wars stats to the personal profile info. This may be added later in the future, but the option hasn't been discussed yet. 3. Yes, in the future we're planning to increase the number of maps in clan wars rotation. 4. Speaking about Leviathan clan wars - the mode may return, but atm there's no final decision, whether to leave it in clan wars or separate it. Also it needs some readjustments and improvements to be implemented. Ranked battles, probably, are not coming back this year. 5. The frames were one of the rewards for the Ranked battles mode. As soon as the mode is back, they'll probably also be here.
  • Sad 1

Could you ban the teaming cheaters in battle royale?

Woodyrojo (Posted )

Hello, Robocraftman. Currently we're considering possible game mechanics that would prevent players from teaming up in the brawl. Till that moment, please, always leave your in-game reports, so it would be easier to recognize the players who violate the rules and take the necessary measures. Thank you!
  • Like 1

Can we get an option to customize the cross hairs and aiming reticle in the future? I want to be able to make the guns reticle transparent and the aiming reticle a brighter color. The current parallax system is just terrible now on XBOX after the update.

Woodyrojo (Posted )

Hello, DeucesWiId! Actually, the parallax system was not changed recently. Speaking about the crosshairs - we're working on a feature that would allow you to change the color of the crosshair.
  • Upvote 1

hello devs,

will the goliath tracks ever be craftable?

in the future will there be another way to obtain uranium?

Woodyrojo (Posted )

Hello, harry96. No, atm we have no plans to make the tracks craftable. Still, the market is always here and you can purchase them with the coins you've earned while playing and selling parts and items. About uranium - it will remain in clan battles/on the market and in the nearest future won't be added in any other game mode as a reward.

hey there, can it be that u are planing a cosmetic weapon kit for the Porcupine?
wich includes green barrels and green acid on the ground or maby green fire like firebug?
i would pay for that :D coustom Relic seems good

Woodyrojo (Posted )

Hello, weedomking! We're planning to increase the number of CKs for weapons in the future (the idea about replacing fire with acid sounds interesting, btw), but currently we're working on some other CKs, not for weapons ;)
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 1

first time in Q&A, hope my questions are good enough.

1. is their any plans to add crosshair customization? I for one would like this so that I could differentiate the crosshair of my Prometheus from my machine gun's crosshair

2. not quite game related but I hope I could get an answer  :is there enough clues on the crossout website to figure out the Waderkvarn mystery (the employee id and password) or do we have to scour the internet for the answer?

Woodyrojo (Posted )

Hello and welcome, Rukath! 1. Yes, we're working on the feature that would allow the players to change color of their crosshairs. 2. ATM, we have no comments regarding such questions :)

hello,

Are there any plans of modifications for firebug weapon relic (range, structure, etc..)?

Woodyrojo (Posted )

Hello, M0r0s. Atm we have no plans regarding balance tweaks for the Firebug. The final and official information will be published in the preliminary information on the next update. All the planned balance tweaks will be included in the list.

1- Any plans on buffing the Cerberus cabin?  Practically every single module in the game does more damage when destroyed than the cabin can take, so it's left totally not viable for its purpose (melee attacks) same goes for the Tusk

2- Any thougts about letting us put more stickers on our vehicles? Or even better, design our own ones? That would give our rides an extra touch of uniqueness :P

3- Any plans to stop punishing players for doing well?  (like earning about 1800 points in a battle but getting only 1400 or even less) 

Edited by xCrossFaith

Woodyrojo (Posted )

Hello, xCrossFaith. 1. Atm, both cabins and vehicles, based on them, prove themselves to be pretty effective. In the future some tweaks are always possible, but the official information about planned balance tweaks will be published within the 'Preliminary information' news. 2. Yes, and we're working on it. Soon the limit will be expanded significantly :) 3. This is how the reputation calcilation works. I'll remind you just in case, that currently there's a 'soft limit' where all the points above 1200 are being re-calculated with a coefficient and also added to the final score. Previously there had been just a limit of 1200 points.

Guest AtrainSS1

will tacklers be changed at all i feel like they should do more damage at medium range.

Woodyrojo (Posted )

Hello, AtrainSS1! We're not planning to buff damage of the Tackler. We believe, that its 'epic' grade should provide it an ability to take more damage before being shot off. As a result, it 'lives' much longer and deals more damage in a fight, comparing to the Defender.