BjKalderon

Questions to the developers, Autumn 2018

Ranked battles Is there any forecast back?

Woodyrojo (Posted )

Hello, SkinSkarpa. No, and we're not planning to bring them back this year. Currently we're working on the complex raid, 'Free-roam' mode and 'Custom battle' mode.
  • Sad 3

1. When will we get news on the hover tweaks?

2. Is there any plans to balance the console game separately from PC. The input device makes balanced on the PC. But overpowered/ underpowered on the consoles.

(With a mouse its easier to pinpoint a hammerfall or boxed in weapon than it is on console, which allows certain weapons to reign havoc without fear of nerfs. Meanwhile weapons like the prometheus V became insanely tedious to aim and charge on console while its a stroll in the park for mouse users)

Woodyrojo (Posted )

Hello, AzraelsGrace! 1. We'll publish the news as soon as the info about tweaks becomes official. Probably, it will happen in a special devblog or in the 'Preliminary information' news. 2. It's one of the points we're discussing now within the team.

About defense structures.
1: Currently the only way to achieve defense structures is to raise the level of factions, in the future may have some other method?

2: The structures are only of common rarity (white), in the future there may be some structural part of blue or purple rarity, as in the battleroyale?
3: In the game virtually all factions are aimed at creating weapons, execto an engineer, which besides weapons has several items of the type not arma.No future may have the chance to have a faction focused on parts of structures or some other type of item who is not a weapon?

Woodyrojo (Posted )

Hello, miguel_luiz. 1. No, no plans based on this suggestion. 2. We believe that the structure parts should be of the same rarity grade so all the players will have same parts of same quality to build their vehicles. 3. The whole concept of each faction is a mixture of weapons, structure parts and modules. We believe that it's better to release factions that combine all these parts, than to focus on a single type and abandon those players, who expect some new weapons/cabins/modules to come.

Sorry im late i had no idea this was a thing, ill give my late questions a shot.

1) is it possible to buff hovers and tracks seeing how the bigfoot is by far the best purple wheel in game ?

2) is it possible to get autoaiming actually removed when its selected off ? Whirlwinds for example clearly aim towards a bot if it drives infront of your line of fire when shooting at a turret or raid pump

3) can we possibly get an update to remove HUD over objectives and potentially players 

thanks still enjoying the game

Woodyrojo (Posted )

Hello, Babylonsburning. 1. Yes, the Bigfoot is the best purple WHEEL (and the only one, btw), but not the only and the best movement part in the game if we look at statistics. 2. I think you're talking about parallax. It's not auto-aiming. The gun won't necessarily hit the object you're aiming at if there's an obstacle between the barrel of the gun and the object. There's an invisible straight ray that is drawn out of the barrel each time you fire your auto-cannon. And your crosshair always marks the place you'll hit and it may differ from the point you've chosen. 3. You can press Alt-Z combination and hide all the interface elements. The same combination brings them back.

Hello devs, looking forward to your fall event!

Just one question I had while reading the developer blog

It was specifically this line:

"In the end, where else could the knechte find machine guns, plasma emitters, shotguns and modules to detect invisible enemies?"

As per the usual knights additions such as the spike crossbow, knight rider paints and wheels, decors, etc, etc, this sounds like a like list of what's to come in the event.

This isn't the complete list is it? IT seems kinda small, will there be multiple different legendaries and epics like the previous knight riders?

***Also do consider maybe including the mammoth for the crafting cost of the relic mg, until they receive the buff that was mentioned previously, mammoths are currently the cheapest legendary weapon. Wouldn’t be a bad idea to throw it to the crafting table***

Thank you again, hopefully the event releases without a sitch!

Edited by VileCrib_3

Woodyrojo (Posted )

Hello, VileCrib_3! Yes, atm we're planning to introduce some legendary parts, an epic part and 2 new modules. Let's wait for the 2nd part of the blog to find out all the information about them :)

Hi i am really active on market and new system really sucks and stucks almost all goods. As you know a long time - on the market are lot of bots. One of them is better then another ones. "arbiter" can buy and sell without time pause and he is invisible - today i try to sell some goods, and misclicking buy my own - but where is the coins - "arbiter" have it. What is odd - on market is still only my good - how is possible the bot can sell without show good on market?? And why you dont ban accounts without play history...? Or  why you trying to stuck market for 30 minutes on all acc?

Another question - from other games is ussually if something devs nerfs - resources to build come back from salvage - this is good mechanism - if someone dont want nerf thing - take him craft resources back. If you dont do this - You are only money farm company on the thin border of law! And dont say anything about beta - everyone knows how it is...

Woodyrojo (Posted )

Hello, OnderCZ. Speaking about the Arbiter: it's our bot designed to protect the market against suspicious deals and coins transfering from 1 account to another. About balance tweaks: recently we've decided to post all the planned tweaks in the 'Preliminary information' news, where we share all the balance tweaks in advance, so the players could decide, whether they want to sell or buy the part that is going to be changed.

Speaking about Hover Tweaking

Why the team STILL nerfing hovers ?

1) They are slower then wheels

2) Their suspension height reduced

3)Recent Impulse Correction had huge impact on hovers

4) Very hard to control

Is this tweak considered nerf or buff ? I know Targem is planning implement Cabin power idea since hover is the one without cabin power parameter ?

Woodyrojo (Posted )

Hello, StreaMRoLLeR. It's not about nerfing hovers. It's about rebalancing them, bearing in mind all the known pros and cons of this movement part. We want to make it fit the gameplay even better. It won't be necessarily about implementing cabin power parameter. It's just one of the options to consider.
  • Haha 2

Hi, Thanks for reading my post. My question simply is this: Since engineer badges have been added with a rewards workshop to exchange for items, May we please have in this rewards section the missing CRATES and CONTAINERS that are unavailable to get? Like Adventurer's Crate, Steel Cavalry, Fright Container, Artisans pack, Gift Container, and all the rest? Engineer badges are the perfect thing to trade for these containers, and would help continue the success of the market.

Thank you, from scolfax on the PC side!

Woodyrojo (Posted )

Hello, scolfax! First of all, I'd like to mention that all the containers from previous events won't be added to any kind of a permanent workbench. Speaking about the rest of them - that's definitely an idea to discuss. Thank you :)

theres a bug in chase raid (hard) finished the raid but there where 2 enemies left where they spawn from a platform above.had to leave it and quit

Woodyrojo (Posted )

Hello, AtrainSS1! Please, could you leave your detailed bug report in this forum section: https://forum.crossout.net/index.php?/forum/59-bug-reports-premoderation/ ? It will help us to fix the issue asap. Thank you!

Are you guys planning on giving us the ability to trash the hornet starter weapons and the starter guerrilla cab?

If not can you tell me if it takes up an inventory slot or not? If it is it's kinda dumb because that's two slots being used by items I will NEVER need ever again. And if I do need them I would just buy them off the market. (yes I know the hornets aren't on the market but I would never use them anyways since I am not a beginner player anymore)

I attached an example of what the guerrilla cab does when I try to salvage it or trash it.

Spoiler

oMontyCaspero_Crossout_20180907_04-30-11.png

Woodyrojo (Posted )

Hello, MontyCasper! No, these parts don't take up your storage slots. These are basic starter parts that every survivor has in his/her storage.
  • Like 1

Guest oOIIJoshIIOo

On the "free roam" you guys are working on...are kills gonna count towards tasks? Not everyone likes doing raids.   

Woodyrojo (Posted )

Hello, oOIIJoshIIOo! With the new system of weekly tasks there're no tasks that require to destroy a certain amount of raiders.

1# Would you ever consider giving us an option to battle our own Leviathan in test drive?

2# Is it possible to give us options on which bots we can fight in test drive? (currently, fighting starter bots in test drive is not always a good way to battle test a vehicle players made as they're too easy to fight & don't do much, having many options to choose from would be beneficial.)

3# Is there any plans to tweak the Phoenix crossbow? currently they seem to be underperforming & aren't seen too much in PvP.

4# Will the new Relic MG require fragments during the event or is it even going to be craftable?

Thank you for your time.

Edited by TWISTED_METAL_X

Woodyrojo (Posted )

Hello, TWISTED_METAL_X! 1. Atm we're not planning such an option. 2. I believe that the idea is great and we'll discuss it within the team. For now it's not a top-priority issue, but we' consider it, thank you :) 3. We include the information about all the possible balance tweaks into 'Preliminaty information' news. Should there be any tweaks for the Phoenix, you'll see them there :) We've got you signal and concern and will check the weapon. 4. All the recipes are still being considered and not final yet.
  • Upvote 1

I was wondering if the Devs were planning to add in to the game any new Movement parts with the Knight Riders event that will be happening soon? :)

Woodyrojo (Posted )

Hello, Eldren24484 :) No, we're not planning to add any kind of new movement part during this event. Only weapons and modules.

have the right to add the legendary drone that really exists?

have the right to add the old module?  Dawn's Children 

tell us whether it will be later or not at all?

Woodyrojo (Posted )

Hello, homygold. We're not planning to add a legendary drone during this event. Soon we'll publish the 2nd part of the devblog and share all the information about upcoming new parts.
  • Confused 3

It seems Porcupine's ability to roll under wheels disappeared after 0.9.110, that severely hurts the DPS of Porcupine and made it nearly useless, could you please check it?

Woodyrojo (Posted )

Hello, Robocraftman! Currently the Porcupine, according to all the recent statistics, is one of the most effective weapons in the game. Even among relics it's not worse than the Scorpion or the Firebug.

Hello,

1. Is there any way we could have the option for each individual of a team be able to select what resource they are playing for, like a tab that the co-driver option has? With the new missions, it divides the community if you already earned your wins for one resource mission but someone else is just starting that mission. If everyone just picked what they wanted for a resource, like you do for a co-driver, this wouldn't ever be an issue. If they are not high enough power score for that resource, it becomes grayed out and defaults to scrap or they need to pick a different resource to play for before they can ready up.

2. Quality of life improvement: Any chance they could add a small picture of who is readied up in the bottom left hand corner while you are in your storage, the market and test drive. I find that people always unready the whole group while people are doing this, so they are unaware that they are no longer readied up. It would be nice to not have to go back to the main garage, to look if your are still readied up or if you're the one holding up the entire squad.

3. It seems as though the scorpions have gotten a stealth buff or the torero cabin is helping them that much more. I can't go anywhere near them without getting my guns shot off in the first couple of shots. I know they are a relic weapon but compared to the porcupine and firebug, the scorpion is ten steeps above. Not to mention that they can frame your vehicle or shoot your explosives through your armor. I know relic weapons are supposed to be special, but they shouldn't be an easy win button.

Woodyrojo (Posted )

Hello, JKluzy. 1. ATM, it's impossible to implement such feature due to the in-game MM system itself. If the players want to play in a squad, they need to choose the same mission type. 2. An interesting suggestion. We'll discuss it :) 3. We haven't changed the Scorpion since the 0.9.50 update. The Torero cabin increases accuracy of all the mounted weapons, so it may be the reason of improved effectiveness of the Scorpion. BUT, it doesn't mean that the Scorpion is far more effective than the Firebug or the Porcupine. According to the recent date we've collected, both 3 relic weapons are nearly same effective. It's also necessary to mention that each weapon requires its own build to reveal its true potential.

Hello Woodyrojo, is the dev team looking at the TOW? Right now its the most underwhelming Epic weapon, yet it used to be the most fun.

Woodyrojo (Posted )

Hello, ImTwizzle! Yes, we check the TOW's stats each time we prepare a new balance update. Since the last TOW changes the weapon's effectiveness went up and currently it shows the results we've expected to see.

Hello. Is there a possibility to change the sound of the Reaper? I mean it just sounds really bad like some normal machine gun and not like a mini gun. For me it should sound more like the famous bbbbrrrrrrrrrrrrrrttt of an A-10 Warthog plane since it even looks similar to this gun. I know it won´t be a priority but maybe a thing to keep in mind, thank you!

Woodyrojo (Posted )

Hello, SHUTT3R! Yes, currently it's not a top-priority question, but we'll definitely save the suggestion for our sound designer.
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 1

why do you make hardly any profit in raids?in fact you lose money on most of them with current fuel prices?

Woodyrojo (Posted )

Hello, AtrainSS1! The main thing is that we are not the ones to set the prices on fuel or anything else on the market. The players, who sell the fuel, evaluate themselves their efforts to earn it and set the price that satisfies them. Moreover, you can earn fuel by yourself in PvP. Just mount Fuel barrel or Fuel tank on your vehicle.

Speaking of ck boxes, would it be possible to adjust the rates on console? Since we have a low playerbase, very few get opened, we still don’t have even one firebug ck in the market.

Could you maybe open a ck shop or something?

Edited by VileCrib_3

Woodyrojo (Posted )

Hello, VileCrib_3! The idea about a kind of CK shop is being discussed, but there's no even preliminary information atm. We'll keep you and all the other players informed, once any official information appears. Speaking about the rates, there're no plans and posibility to adjust them only for 1 platform. Still, the question is interesting, we'll see what could be done.
  • Thanks 1

I think it will be better to restate my question:

After 0.9.110, Porcupine barrels can no longer roll under enemy's wheels and tracks, is this a BUG?

If so, plz fix it.

Woodyrojo (Posted )

Thank you for clarification :) No, it's not a bug. Previously the Porcupine's barrels had no collision with enemy's wheels or tracks. Now they have it.

Hello,

When do we get the (decoration or structure) parts for our medals, as announced in the developer blog a while ago? Are these parts (decoration) salable?

I started a poll on invasion and copper. Do you see a chance for a change after many people voted and you evaluated? :-)

https://forum.crossout.net/index.php?/topic/293304-change-the-reward/

I am looking forward to the Knechte event!

greetings Hauser22

Woodyrojo (Posted )

Hello, hauser22! First of all 'various cosmetic awards' should not be necessarily decor or structure parts. Do not forget that there're also paints, stickers and CKs :) As soon as the feature will be close to its release state we'll publish a special devblog and share all the information. About the suggestion: atm there's no possibility to replace copper with the badges in Invasion as the possibility to 'farm' even more badges will influence the prices on all the resources from the workshop and make them drop significantly. The idea itself should be considered carefully and that's not a kind of decision to make asap.

I tried searching for this answer here and there but couldn't find it.

How are rewards after a misson( e.g. PVP) calculated? Do I get more of the resources depending on the score or place I get? Do I get more resources if I survive( other than fuel, if the barrels survive)? Do different resource modifiers apply depending on the resource type? How is it chosen whether I receive any of the 3 pre- chosen parts or a random one when playing for scrap- is it 25% chance of each?

Woodyrojo (Posted )

Hello, TAPATOP_TPAKTOP! Yes, the more points you get, the more scrap/wires/batteries you earn. Speaking about the parts you receive in the mode you've chosen: those 3 parts that are shown have a higher chance to be dropped, but still there's a chance to receive any other random common part.

Hey, id love a W/L (win to lose) ratio in the game to go along with the stats, to me it seems like such a basic stat to have and personally ive always enjoyed those kind of things and being constantly improving yourself in a game, I hope you can implement this somehow

Woodyrojo (Posted )

Hello, Xbox_M_420! Seems to be a nice feature for the future update of personal file window. Not a top priority thing to do, but an interesting addition to discuss :)
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1