BjKalderon

Questions to the developers, Autumn 2018

Hello Woodyrojo, 

1. Does the dev team look at community-made factions for ideas?

2. In the "auto-build feature in the garage, why do some vehicles never finish building, and have the feature move to the next, and can this be changed so every vehicle is forced to show up?

Thanks, Twizzle

Woodyrojo (Posted )

Hello, ImTwizzle! 1. Of course! And we've already saved some of the concepts to discuss later :) Currently we're working on modes and features that have already been announced. Once they're released, we'll consider these ideas, be sure :) 2. The thing is that the feature builds the vehicle in real-time mode and once it lacks any part it just moves to another vehicle that may be built.

Why are weapon improvements so cheap in PS cost? A Harvester is a 344 percent improvement on basic damage. Rare tires and Cabins are about a 30 percent improvement in structure. Yet these are nearly the same PS cost. Matchmaker puts these two builds in the same matches all the time. When is Harvester build vs Chord build going away in Matchmaker?

Woodyrojo (Posted )

Hello, FiveOClock! Could you, please, clarify, what do you mean by improvements? Is it the 'Upgrade' feature? Then improvements are not that significant. Cabins and wheels receive 10% bonus structure and weapons 5% bonus damage. We believe that there's no need to increase PS of the upgraded part.

Do you get more more points in raids if you use a lower ps build? 

For example you get 23 plastic with a 6k  build and 21 plastic with a 10k build.

Woodyrojo (Posted )

Hello, majestic_worm! You receive resources according to your performance, not the PS level. And you don't receive more points for being a low-PS build in a group.

Can we get an updated schedule for Clan Wars? I have been searching all over the forum, and have not been able to find a schedule for clan wars that holds true. Every time I check the schedule against my game, it's only right maybe twice a week. I play on Xbox, so I don't know if the existing schedules are for PC or PS4, but I can't find one for us.

Edited by Cod3NameDak

Woodyrojo (Posted )

Hello, Cod3NameDak! This is the latest CW schedule for all the platforms: https://crossout.net/en/game/rules/#/ But, please, pay attention that it may be changed from time to time and it's better to check out the countdown directly in the game.

Does the Shotgun cooling rate for the Bulldog co-driver affect the Junkbow shotgun? 

Woodyrojo (Posted )

Hello, TBKUK! No, as the Junkbow doesn't need to cool itself. It reloads after each shot, so, for example, radiators and coolers don't work with this weapon.

Guest x ARKANG3L x

Hi guys, as the new KnightRiders event has rolled in i have become curious.

Will the previous Knight Rider weapons like the Aspect, Fafnir and Cyclone be coming to the faction crafting sometime within the near future?

Thanks in advance and keep making this game great!

Woodyrojo (Posted )

Hello, x ARKANG3L x! Yes, we plan to make these weapons craftable after this event finishes. It may happen in one of the nearest updates.

Hi Devs!

Will Corvo get a buff any time?

It's pretty obvious Corvo is not effective even you hit every single shot.

Woodyrojo (Posted )

Hello, Mr_Tokamak! We plan to gather the updated statistics soon and check, whether any of the new weapons need to be tweaked. As usual, we'll share all the info about upcoming balance changes in the 'Preliminary information' news.

Hello devs

Looking forward to the event on console :) 

just 3 questions:

1) I was reading some information about the event and it seems the Nidhogg is currently bugged, the collossus seems to override the ability

(Not my footage, credit to original user)

Before collossus:

https://imgur.com/gallery/RUeDkdH

After Collusus:

https://imgur.com/gallery/9nwoPsp

2) Isn’t 80kph for the ability alittle high? That requires a near max speed build at high ps, and unfortunately since I can’t test until we get the speedometer, I don’t think you can use the ability in full if your circling a build since you can’t main 80kph while making the continuous changes in direction. 60kph imo, is abit more rewarding for use at high ps, Andy makes it more accessible for medium type builds.

3) Can we get a halloween event confirmation? ;) :yes_yes_yes:

Woodyrojo (Posted )

Hello, VileCrib_3! 1. All the perks that have the same bonus work multiplicatively. UPD: during an additional check we've found a bug that we plan to fix in the nearest update. 2. Not really. The weapon was designed to fit fast and maneuverable cars better. But, even if your vehicle is not fast enough, you still receive the bonus. At 80 kph it's 20%, at lower speed it's just lower too. 3. We plan some stuff for the Halloween, but atm can't share any particular information :) Stay tuned to the news and devblogs.

Hi Woodyrojo, 

Can we have more maps in storm warning brawls? Many maps are already working in custom battle storm warning, just need to add them to the rotation, thx :)

Woodyrojo (Posted )

Hello, sam93931. We'll consider your suggestion, thank you :)

When is Xbox 1 getting custom battle mode? PC has it, PS4 apparently has it so why do we not have it and what are you going to do about it?

Woodyrojo (Posted )

Hello, DRRPickel. PC doesn't have the mode as it's still inaccessible without a special account. The mode is still in development and has some fixes and improvements yet to be implemented.

Guest Reapyorsoul

What is the deal with tonnage. If you are over tonnage you can't move well, (understandable) but why is it that I get pushed around by much smaller builds that don't have enough tonnage to move my particular weight. Example. I have icebox and Goliath tracks =18000 kg of tonnage. I'm using 17500+ so I'm extremely heavy. And I keep getting pushed around by vehicles with 4-6 wheels and a cabin with less tonnage. How is it possible for them to move me if I outweigh their max tonnage?

Woodyrojo (Posted )

Hello, Reapyorsoul! This is one of the in-game features that helps to keep the battles more dynamic. We do not plan to implement all the real-life physics into the game and we may intentionally ignore some of the laws for the sake of gameplay. It doesn't mean we won't ever change this, but atm this is our vision of the game.

Can you make this.

AI weapons seeing shimmering enemy. 

this help a lot playing against stealth player.

Woodyrojo (Posted )

Hello, Santonik! We've introduced a special module to detect cloaked enemies. Also, they are seen when they are near your vehicle. We believe that, atm, these mechanics are enough to counterplay stealth modules.
  • Upvote 1

Guest Tom

Hi.

1. Are you planning to add a lock option to items in storage so they cannot be sold or used by a mistake in crafting?

2. Are there any plans regarding any changes in battle royal mode? It has not been changed or even refined in months, i mean better buggy builds, more gameplay mechanics, maybe some rewards for playing it, for destructing players, maybe some random resource finds on map etc. I just mean it has potential, many more things can be done there, it would be a shame to waste that opportunity.

3. Can we have more pvp modes with more teams? Like 3v3v3v3v3, 4v4v4v4. 5v5v5?

Woodyrojo (Posted )

Hello, Tom! 1. In the nearest future we don't plan such feature. Still, you may suggest it in this forums section: https://forum.crossout.net/index.php?/forum/16-suggestions-premoderation/ 2. In the future the mode may receive some new parts and weapons as we plan to keep it up to date with the game. Also we'll consider some gameplay mechanic changes if it will be necessary. 3. No, in the nearest future we have no plans to introduce such kind of pvp-battles.

Hi. Are you going to make a proper sniper rifle? Instead of corvo, spike1... My vision is that we need a penetrating sniper rifle with variety of bulets like: explosive, hollow point, tracker bullet. 

Then also how about making a Rogue faction that will be a premium faction where you can choose from different varieties of skills and guns. The Rogue faction can be the ones that destroy the enemy in the most clever and original way with the absolutely unique guns?

Woodyrojo (Posted )

Hello, ecele! It's possible that in the future we'll add some other 'sniper' weapons, but we have no plans to divide ammo of the single weapon into different types. About the faction: ATM, we're not working on any new faction, but for the future all the suggestions may be useful. Please, leave your detailed suggestion here: https://forum.crossout.net/index.php?/forum/16-suggestions-premoderation/

1. Are there any plans to rebalance invasion?

I pay 40 oil to have a try to win it. If Leviathan is with retchets it destroys refinary literally in seconds - even before one may see it. Any plans to improve the situation? Otherwise I do not see any reason to spend oil.

2. Battle royale was removed (officially replaced by Big Black Scorpions) for maintenance, but in Challenges there is a weekly challenge for 100 engineer badges. Will current week played out 100 points less or the points are substituted in some other way? E.g. for a spot prize in Big Black Scorpions instead?

Woodyrojo (Posted )

Hello, Andreyeff! 1. Could you, please, tell me, which PS are you playing on and did you meet this Leviathan previously? If yes, then was it just as effective as this time? All the possible information is welcome. You may leave your answer in PM. Thank you in advance! 2. We plan to fix all the known bugs and return the brawl to the rotation till the end of this week. So, the previous week, unfortunately, brought 100 badges less and there was no option to change the terms 'on the go' for 1 week. Thank you for your understanding!

Hi guys. 2 quick questions.

1. Could we get an exact or approximate date for the current Knight Riders event to begin for Xbox?

2. The items buildable by those on PC versions are flooding the internet so I have begun stockpiling. Will the crafting requirements be the same across all platforms? eg; Nidhogg requires 1x meat grinder, 2x Thunderbolt and 2x RT Anaconda to make. Plus all the raw resources.

Thanks in advance.

Woodyrojo (Posted )

Hello, NuHuman_2099! 1. We plan to launch the event on Xbox tomorrow :) 2. The requirements will be the same.

1. Is there any plans for the addition of Legendary (yellow) cabins to further the progression of the game sometime in 2019?

2. Are there any more purchasable content packs coming this year?

3a. Finding Legendary parts in the 5000-5500 PS zones is increasing every day. Are there plans to penalize players who continue to abuse the systems in place for the easy wins like Harvester+Spark on a white cab?

3b. All Legendary weapons are unique and powerful. But the Spark ruins gameplay when used in low tier games as most vehicles in that tier cannot destroy the Spark. Is there any plans to nerf or rebalance the weapon?

Edited by NuHuman_2099
More questions

Woodyrojo (Posted )

Hello, NuHuman_2099! 1. ATM no plans, but it's possible that somewhere in the future we'll see the first legendary cabins in the game. 2. Yes, and soon we'll share some information with our players. 3a. First of all, we plan to analyze battles where vehicles with different weapons of different rarities face each other. After that we'll come with some possible improvements that can be introduced. 3b. Not really. According to its overall stats, the Spark is a perfect support weapon, but it's not somehow OP (for a legendary part).
  • Thanks 1

There are many threads about devs trying to force strongly encourage players to do raids, and I must say, it seems like this is the case.

My only question is, why?

I have my speculations, but would like to hear a genuine dev response to this.

Thanks.

Woodyrojo (Posted )

Hello, yogaFLAME. The main thing is that we do not force anyone to do raids. BUT, it's of the same importance for us, alongside with PvP, Brawls and Clan wars. And we believe, that the player, who has completed any hard raid despite all the challenges he had to face, deserves better rewards (this is about recent changes with badges). This is how we see the game. In Crossout PvP and PvE content co-exist and both are important to progress. However, for those who doesn't want to do raids, there's a market, where it's possible to sell PvP-resources and purchase PvE-resources, if needed.

On 9/20/2018 at 6:49 PM, Bos_Mutus said:

Btw,we really need some help about those lancelot leviathans,they are still a trouble.

The Lancelot leviathans with no radar should not just ignore everyone and go for the tower. All this does is make newer players not want to play leviathan battles as they are a waste of fuel when the first leviathan smashes tower before you even see it. Make the Lancelot builds ineffective as leviathans, they are everywhere for a reason and it makes the mode very bad. This really discourages new players and pushes them even further away from this game. Do you plan to do something about these Lancelot leviathans? 

On 9/22/2018 at 2:56 AM, Skor27 said:

Did you make changes to the Invasion Mode?

The little Raiders with their shotguns and MGs seem to do significantly more damage. Edit: Like Bikaz_ said: was the HP of the Tower reduced?

My mediocre Leviathan had 7 wins yesterday and 5 wins this morning. That is usually not the case.

Please look into the amount of health on the Pump jack as there was no reason to reduce it, the steel tyrant could already destroy it in seconds if you weren't positioned right before killing the second leviathan. There was no changes announced to the leviathans besides an increased reward. If this is the case, why is everyone noticing a change to the pump jacks health? 

Woodyrojo (Posted )

Hello, JKluzy! 1. ATM we don't plan to introduce any changes for leviathans with spears, but we'll check the issue once again. Thank you for the signal. 2. We're working on some important fixes for the Invasion.
  • Upvote 2

In the last patch you mentioned...

Improved weapon models:

• “Avenger 57mm”
  • “Little Boy 6LB”
  • “Judge 76mm”
  • “ZS-34 Fat Man”
  • “Executioner 88 mm”
  • “Mammoth”
  • “MG13 Equalizer”
  • “Reaper”
  • “Hurricane”

WHERE ?! there are same like before...

when will you fix that ? can't wait for see the new model for each old weapon !

btw...i didn't get any reply in my comment on the patch till now...

Woodyrojo (Posted )

Hello, Vanquisher02! 'Improved' doesn't mean that we've changed the models completely or replaced them with new ones. For some models we've improved their textures, for some we've improved some minor features of the model.

why are you allowed to shoot hurricanes upwards.cant fire guns right above you so cant shoot the rockets and they still hit even behind cover.completely OP and not fun for anyone

Woodyrojo (Posted )

Hello, AtrainSS1. It's one of the features of the constuctor. You can still counter the rockets with the Chameleon module, the Aegis shield, the Barrier turret or constant maneuvering. When you move the rockets also change their trajectory and follow your vehicle. Then it is possible to shoot them.
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1
  • Upvote 2

Quick one, would you consider not allowing the Spark to destroy projectiles directly underneath the vehicle, for example i was running a double phoenix build on day against a spark build, which obviously just pings my bolts off instantly, i drove up and down some terrain and aiming behind me got a phoenix bolt underneath the enemy, thinking it was a great tactical decision to try and counter their build, but no the spark just flicked it off like it didn't matter, it seems kinds absurd that it can do such a thing, any thoughts about this?

Woodyrojo (Posted )

Hello, Xbox_M_420. ATM no plans to change this mechanic as the Spark from the very beginning was designed to be a counter for such weapon. Bearing in mind that it's a legendary weapon that requires a lot of efforts to be crafted, we believe that's it's a fair bonus.

how bout a way to increase fuel for boosters, like new explosive module? or in existing one?

and when r flags transformed into plates, and not those pointy shotblocking things?

also play some games at 5k, vector hoovers and spark haversters r very much fun ;) 

Woodyrojo (Posted )

Hello, ZeroAwareness. 1. We didn't consider such option, but we'll discuss it. 2. No plans to change the flags into something else atm. 3. We're already working on some tweaks and changes for hovers. The main thing is that we'd like to make them more effective on high PS and less effective on low PS.

Hi, i cant understand does developers and stuff want from players to come or to leaver the game, i think: why there are resources limits ? I reacher scrap limit and it will reset in 3 DAYS, so its nearly pointless for me to play game ( except daily raids maybe) for that 3 days. I want to ask why there are resources limit ??? + producing just rare item cost a lot of scrap metal ???
SO IN GENERAL WE HAVE RESOURCES LIMITS AND HELL OF A LOT COST JUST FOR ONE RARE! ITEM.
Also i think it will be nice to have maybe some better balance in matchmaking ( PS difference is maybe a bit larger than i like and i think im not only one with that opinion ), also balance between weapons for example single homing missile from scavengers is in my opinion to weak to be EPIC part ( because u can destroy it easy because its speed is low and it does not makes big dmg).
Also i want to ask: 

Edited by Guest

Woodyrojo (Posted )

Hello, Yangosu. All the resource limits ensure that there will be no oversaturation on the market and players will be able to earn decent amount of in-game coins without any real payments. It's a question of in-game economy (please, see the rules of the topic). About your nickname: you should be able to change the nickname of your Gaijin account in your profile here: https://store.gaijin.net/

With the recent announcement of Sony cross-play for Fortnite, will there be any plans to have cross platform play in ‘Cross’out ( see what I did there )?

If so.. Crossout for Switch?

edit; thanks fir the reply :) 

Edited by Pickleberry

BjKalderon (Posted )

Pickleberry, hello! Even though the idea of cross-play between different platforms definitely sounds interesting, it shouldn't be expected to be implemented in Crossout in the nearest future. The technical complexity behind it requires a lot of time and resources while at the moment we are also occupied with developing other important additions for the game.