lucashc90

Steamroller / Roadroller wheels

The title is self explanatory, but I will add some pictures to illustrate my idea:

437172.jpg

It would work as a front mounted wheel with high durability at the cost of speed. A mix between a train plow and the non-ST Shiv, like a front mounted meat grinder that can't strafe.

rouleau-compresseur-de-rouleau-de-route-

So we can build things like this:

carol-sung-dr3-01.jpg?1481934874

EDIT: Added ROACHOR's ideas for a "full roll" for non ST wheels and "half roll" for ST wheels:

5367796179_fd68aafd60_b.jpg

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTjYvTqd7ynAb-xfDFgJrY

Edited by lucashc90
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 7

I think this would be better as a weapon attachment...

Legendary status scavs version of harvester

'Crusher'

An old road repair vehicle's main armament, re-configured for combat...

powerscore 900

mass 1250

energy cost 4

initial damage on impact 150

damage over time 50 per second

perk - this weapon can actually 'roll' over enemy vehicles crushing them undeneath

any vehicle unfortunate enough to be crushed receives additional damage of 250...

or something like this...

• Like 1

Interesting idea, but kinda worried what armored monsters you could make with one of those... I which explosions weren't so weak against single parts and i wouldn't mind it.

5 hours ago, Jimlock said:

More melee weapons? No thanks. I am more into it being a armored wheel.

Personally I love this idea, would like to put two on a build, sort of like a different version of the tread with maybe the ability to damage things if you get it above them. Would screw over ramp builds that is for sure.

Just imagine that taking a steam roller and just running over that ramp shotgun destroying their guns as you do so. other then that it would just be a high health wheel bit if it gets above you. well that will be a lot of damage.

• Upvote 1

I'd rather have crushing damage on everything in this game. The moment you drive under enemy, you should receive damage in same way as you'd receive when you drive into acid lake.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Upvote 2

46 minutes ago, Spedemix said:

I'd rather have crushing damage on everything in this game. The moment you drive under enemy, you should receive damage in same way as you'd receive when you drive into acid lake.

If that is to be done it would have to be weight based, a light build driving over a heavy build should do no damage but a heavy build should crush a light build lets if you are 25% heavier then the build you can damage by driving over it.

• Upvote 2

11 hours ago, Warbrand2 said:

If that is to be done it would have to be weight based, a light build driving over a heavy build should do no damage but a heavy build should crush a light build lets if you are 25% heavier then the build you can damage by driving over it.

Makes sense to me!

• Upvote 1

20 hours ago, Warbrand2 said:

Hmm, right.

Maybe these steamroller wheels could be stuff which damage enemies regardless of your own weight. Then again the steamrollers would probably be pretty heavy anyway.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Spedemix said:

Hmm, right.

Maybe these steamroller wheels could be stuff which damage enemies regardless of your own weight. Then again the steamrollers would probably be pretty heavy anyway.

In my mind that is exactly what a steam roller wheel would be used for, But this would all require the weight crushing stuff.

Would give tanks a use in melee though, Actually might make tanks do more damage in melee then ram vehicles if you make one build to climb over.

• Upvote 1

with some indications of Crushing damage & weight having more impact in game these could make for some fun

trash compactor wheels...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 10/1/2018 at 6:15 PM, SpeedLocked said:

with some indications of Crushing damage & weight having more impact in game these could make for some fun

trash compactor wheels...

Finally the "you are trash" sign will make some sense! :yes_yes_yes::DD

Edited by lucashc90
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 2

On 10/1/2018 at 6:15 PM, SpeedLocked said:

And alter the Goliath tracks while at it so it runs over anything else than just plain old boring terrain :DD

• Haha 2

But the roller would have to be HEAVY... Some serious weight... So, the vehicle would be slow. As a melee weapon then it would not be so practical. 
As a wheel though, it could be cool, seeing as we already have grinders.

+1 for introducing crushing weight into the game. 
I'm not for a vehicle doing crushing dmg to you if it's a certain weight % above your mass, since a seriosly heavy tank should do some crushing dmg to another seriously heavy vehicle of the same weight.
Just take into account how much weight should do how much dmg, and make it so that each second some crushing dmg is dealth to the structure parts of the vehicle underneath that are in contact with the one above.
This also means that light structure parts would be destroyed faster since they have lesser values. Making builds made of lighter materials squashed realisticly faster than sturdy tanks even if they are bigger in mass. 
This makes alot of sence since in reality, even something less heavy but made of tough materials will survive crushing dmg better than something more heavy but made of weaker materials.

Edited by Firerfly
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 3

On 9/29/2018 at 3:18 PM, Jimlock said:

Legendary status scavs version of harvester

'Crusher'

An old road repair vehicle's main armament, re-configured for combat...

powerscore 900

mass 1250

energy cost 4

initial damage on impact 150

damage over time 50 per second

perk - this weapon can actually 'roll' over enemy vehicles crushing them undeneath

any vehicle unfortunate enough to be crushed receives additional damage of 250...

or something like this...

Really like the idea of it as a legendary weapon. 

I'm for it but I think this style is more impressive.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

this is great, it seems like a good defense against Wedge Builds and for protecting the front of your vehicle, not so much for doing front damage, but it this should be easy to code bcus they can just Flip & re-skin the Auger "Meat Grinder"

Edited by JunkerDva

Suggestion added up to List, now waiting for review from developers.

• Upvote 1

On 10/15/2018 at 12:36 PM, ROACHOR said:

This can be a set then: "full" roller for non ST wheels and "half" rollers for steering wheels.

It would be the first movement part in the game which the models of the ST and normal wheels are separated.

Noice!

Edited by lucashc90
  • Like 1

On 10/16/2018 at 9:31 AM, Cpt_Nero said:

Suggestion added up to List, now waiting for review from developers.

WOW! This thread is about a year old! Is there any news regarding it?