Warbrand2

Market needs some heavy work.

IT should always be slightly more expensive to buy something then to craft. But for the blue tier that is the oposite.

The materials used in crafting will on average net me about 35 coins for just selling them while the crafts would only give me 25 for selling the weapon. IT is better to sell the supplies to people that can't do math then it is to craft anything in this game, and it only multiplies as the tiers go up as you take into acount the price of selling the items bellow it over the cost.

The market needs heavy work, in more ways then one, crafting needs to be improved and the market fixed.

I really think there should be a max value for tier, like blues can not sell for more then 25 each, purples 150 each and so on with the exception being event items. 

I don't know, all I know is that every player market like this inflates as time goes by and increases teh grind for new players comming in after a long time of the game being active. Take WoW where in early days 1 gold was a lot, now 1 gold isn't much. This game is set for that path of inflation.

The game needs ways to sink money as to help medigate it, more insentives to craft like making crafts not cost gold to even do, as that puts a heavy requirement to people that pay for gold making it harder for everyone. Am I saying the p2w gold should be removed hell no, as I will gladly pay to support this game, already going to be putting 20 in a month.

But I think there should be other ways then a player market.

Hmm ok now I have some ideas.

De inflation idea: daily scrap seller
info: every day a scrap merchent will be there who will buy three resources for a set amount of gold like 10 gold per 100 scrap for a limited amount. And has a single sell that if you complete all your trades he will half off (which allows you to buy the item with the earnings from that day.)

EXAMPLE A player of level 15 which is when the scrap merchant would start appearing.

MERCHANT OFFERS

merchant for players
10 coins for 100 scrap, 5 trades
15 coins for 100 wire, 6 trades
25 coins for 10 fuel barrels. 2 trade
one owl drone for 400 coins. 2 trades (only one will be half offed for completeing above)

IF the player does all the trades they will be 10 coins short of getting the drone meaning a few scrap sells will get them this. every offer combo at max gives a purple item. with blues always given a net coin gain and purples giving a drain.

After this the merchant will sell some generic weapons for what ever the average value is, so if the average sell for that item is 45.5 he will offer it for 45.5 coins.

The point of this is to sink scrap items and coins in the long run to help medigate the economy if done right htis can be used to level out the price of all items on the market. A weapon going for more then the devs want it to, put it as the end item on the merchant for the value you want it to end up as as its half value. This can also be used to add limited none craft items like paints, stickers, and structure parts.

• Like 2
  • Confused 7

You might not have heard about Xbox but with our market no average casual player can afford to buy anything with purchased coins due to inflation.  Everyone therefore on our console has no choice but to make parts.  Look where our platform is compared to when it began; it is desolate with the same players running into each other each and every day, day in and day out with the same instance on our forums too.

I think you should appreciate your market, because our market and game are ruined in comparison.  By the way I wouldn’t recommend asking the devs to do something that would cut out their potential profits, because they have probably written off my platform because it’s inflated market doesn’t make them much money compared to PC, hence why the Xbox is the very last to receive updates.

16 hours ago, FN_2492 said:

You might not have heard about Xbox but with our market no average casual player can afford to buy anything with purchased coins due to inflation.  

Sure you can, you have to buy packs at the right time and get the ones worth the most value. Corrida pack was worth about 9k a day after release for $30. Best value pack in a long while. That goes for any platform. Of course straight up coin purchases favor PC but no one in there right mind should be buying those exclusively for platforms.

Everyone therefore on our console has no choice but to make parts.  

I find and so do many people who work the market high price gaps between buy and sell. Big enough gaps to eat the 10% cut the market takes and leaves extra means profit when you resell. Also, a lot of times making something costs more than buying, just requires you to do a little math.

By the way I wouldn’t recommend asking the devs to do something that would cut out their potential profits, because they have probably written off my platform because it’s inflated market doesn’t make them much money compared to PC

They make the most profit off of platforms per pack bought. Our $ doesn't go as far on consoles therefore we need to buy more packs to get what we are trying to obtain when compared to PC.

The whole prices drop are mainly cause by the mass amount of basic resources can be farm by players.

PS4 and Xbox has less players so the input into the market do not have the same effect as on PC market. True, it is hard for PC crafting players to make good coins for a while now.

In a funny way, it help to bleed off the input to the market, work in the same ways as the TAX and rents.

Some players do the maths most likely stop crafting to sell. It make no sense to craft to sell at a lost(to me anyway). 

I would just farm resources to use and craft what I want. Do upgrade if I can.

I am sure when enough of the excess resources are bleed off, it will come to a time in need of crafting players again.

I wouldn't recommend to add more rewards to players, as it will devalue what we now have even more. 

If anyone think I am joking...look back the market devalue time...it started just after the increase of caps on scrap, wire and battery.

What some people do not think about is that them basic resource hold a better in game coin value when they being restrict more. Now with the extra that floods the market. They have devalue to the same amount of in game coins before the change(added extra 50% on weekly cap). In a way players need to work harder for the same or less(in game coin value). The worse part is that the drop on the resources prices, also make all items drop their prices too.

A good market need a balance of both input and output. At the monument it is more input than players' need.

Yeah I was more rambling, I have no clue what my point was only that the market needs some de inflation tactics.

2 minutes ago, Warbrand2 said:

Yeah I was more rambling, I have no clue what my point was only that the market needs some de inflation tactics.

:fed002:  All good :lol:

Still I am guessing this topic was opened up do to the merchant idea cause the rest of my post is just rambling.

On 9/19/2018 at 11:27 AM, Warbrand2 said:

IT should always be slightly more expensive to buy something then to craft. But for the blue tier that is the oposite.

As you said yourself... the main problem is that people are incapable of basic math. I dont see quite why we should cater to those. Better they learn it in a game where it is in the end meaningless instead of real life where consequences can be severe.

The market needs heavy work, in more ways then one, crafting needs to be improved and the market fixed.

Crafting is quite viable. And can be profitable if you do it smartly and have some patience.

It is not the traders that ruin crafting profits.... it is not the market.... it is the crafters themselves who are willing to sell items below their value. If something costed 40 coins to make... I will never sell it for less than 44 coins (40 coins net... dont forget tax).

If that means the item will sit in my inventory until the sun goes out.... so be it. But then prices fluctuate and your time will most likely come.

I really think there should be a max value for tier, like blues can not sell for more then 25 each, purples 150 each and so on with the exception being event items. 

Price of something is directly influenced by its value perception. That is why unpopular items are often dirt cheap while popular ones are at a premium.

Value perception does not have to be in line with real value. Take a luxury car... it is never worth the increased price compared to a more economical one. But it can be sold at a premium price because people are willing to spend that much for it.

And why are you suggestion trade values that at least on PC would be way way below the ressource costs?

I don't know, all I know is that every player market like this inflates as time goes by and increases teh grind for new players comming in after a long time of the game being active.

Which is precisly why we have coins and items sinks. At the moment we have a time of low prices.... never before could you buy so many ressources for so little money.

But I think there should be other ways then a player market.

Why? The player market at least benefits players.... turning money into thin air does not benefit any player at all.

The player driven market is the largest grind accelerator that is in the game. If you use it properly.

Which reflects real life. Hard workers earn more than lazy workers but they still earn far less than smart workers. Which isnt really fair often.... but that is the way it often happens nonetheless.

De inflation idea: daily scrap seller

I see no reason why this should be necessary.

The point of this is to sink scrap items and coins in the long run to help medigate the economy if done right htis can be used to level out the price of all items on the market.

Fixing prices for items is usually a bad idea. Successful real life economics usually limit such price fixations to special goods only. Usually those goods where we have a market failure.

For most goods the free market produces the optimal result between supply and demand.

I do agree....but...

4 hours ago, ARES_IV said:

It is not the traders that ruin crafting profits.... it is not the market.... it is the crafters themselves who are willing to sell items below their value. If something costed 40 coins to make... I will never sell it for less than 44 coins (40 coins net... dont forget tax).

If something cost me 40 coins to make. I will sell it for no less than 44.5 coins...:fed002: Selling it at 44 coins is still at a lost....sorry... Can't help to point that out.  It is something easy to over looked.

We have to sell at higher than 111% to the total cost to make any profit.:006j:

• Thanks 1

Why Do I need create something, If I can buy for same price(or simillar), but spend for that 1000 % Less time :)   , Not Understood why I need to craft something ? Who use that, Anything I can by in market and sometimes even cheaper than make it ...,     

market is nice idea,   but  crafting then not working .....

7 hours ago, ChopChopChop said:

I do agree....but...

If something cost me 40 coins to make. I will sell it for no less than 44.5 coins...:fed002: Selling it at 44 coins is still at a lost....sorry... Can't help to point that out.  It is something easy to over looked.

We have to sell at higher than 111% to the total cost to make any profit.:006j:

Good point.

Also

GREED_IS_ETERNAL.jpg

:D

• Upvote 2

8 hours ago, BlueEagleSpirit said:

Why Do I need create something, If I can buy for same price(or simillar), but spend for that 1000 % Less time :)  , Not Understood why I need to craft something ? Who use that, Anything I can by in market and sometimes even cheaper than make it ...,     

market is nice idea,   but  crafting then not working .....

To be the most efficiency and have effectiveness to gain in game.  A player need to craft, use the market and play battle and raid.

Some players just don't like to work the maths between the crafting and buying every time. I only do a quick mental calculation usually, and watch for the odd numbers on the market. When crafting I don't mind to pay for resources, and extra fuels for raids. I know I can make the coins back.:fed002:  It is not the best idea to know how much the coins would cost in real money, but totally neglect the relationship between the basic resources and the market. 

Saying all that, any players should know how the market works and how to gain from it.:fed002:  Like ARES_IV said play smart is far better than play hard.

5 hours ago, ARES_IV said:

GREED_IS_ETERNAL.jpg

:yes_yes_yes:

Huh. of course it should'nt always be more expensive to buy then to craft. A market driven by player fluctuate, sometimes it's cheaper to buy, sometimes not.

And actually there are many item cheap to craft. Beside changing market, it would way better to change the way on how the parts will be used, the "best" way actually is to fuse them, not enough to empty all stocks.

Gotta love market suggestions from people who have zero grasp of how they function. 

• Like 1

Sadly I can not delete the topic, though while my ideas are crap. My point still stands the market has a huge gap between everything making it more of a grind to get things. Hell the only way to remove the grind is to get the scanner.

which might be the point but still.

2 hours ago, Warbrand2 said:

Sadly I can not delete the topic, though while my ideas are crap. My point still stands the market has a huge gap between everything making it more of a grind to get things. Hell the only way to remove the grind is to get the scanner.

What you have to ask yourself is what do you want in game.

If you enjoy the game. Then the "grind" is just game play. If you aim for the top weapons. Then you have to plan how to gain coins fast, but it will take a long time.

I don't like the high PS games 7K and over. They are just too slow and campy for me.

I play mostly 5-6 k with blue weapons, purples from time to time...that is why I sold all yellow when they where at good price. I am going to rebuild some but there are good events on, so I might just wait.

To me, the scanner work well for beginners, get it for a month or 2. I myself prefer the packs, as that will let new players to use more build parts.

I think you can ask a mod to lock this topic.:002:

I really have to wonder why the 'buy' an item is like 40 gold higher than the 'sell'; who is racking in this spread? building a pyre is so not going to happen when this is happening. the parts are out of reach in this game. you pay me in pennies when the game time to get a part is weeks away and in gold, 40 gold higher than the 'sell' price. is this right? If I am trading then where is the real time, seller?

Oh boy, such suggestion implemented in game would DESTROY IT, thank god devs wont listen to some random guy who dont know much how things work and have trouble with basic math.

Edited by szefopl

On 10/12/2018 at 1:37 AM, Warbrand2 said:

1 hour ago, ZeroAwareness said:

to OP, i like buying my stuff underpriced and below craft costs

so no :)

yeah read the topic, I dropped the idea personally a while ago.