Spedemix

Make trees and bushes transparent when they are between the camera and the player's craft.

Oh here's some footage of MGS5. See how the grass between Snake and camera turns transparent:

• Like 1

Someone previously suggested this. The Dev's said it is working as intended. They said that they don't want people using bushes and trees to hide during combat. If your in a bush, your view from inside the bush should be hindered. ( More realistic)

Besides how annoying would a fuze build be if you couldn't find it. Or a whirlwind build for that matter. I think as a compromise they should have moving animated tree branches or brush that you can attach to your ride as a decal.

Like leave and such in the picture attached. It would look SO COOL

Example Brush.jpg

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 3

22 hours ago, MontyCasper said:

Someone previously suggested this. The Dev's said it is working as intended. They said that they don't want people using bushes and trees to hide during combat. If your in a bush, your view from inside the bush should be hindered. ( More realistic)

Besides how annoying would a fuze build be if you couldn't find it. Or a whirlwind build for that matter. I think as a compromise they should have moving animated tree branches or brush that you can attach to your ride as a decal.

Example Brush.jpg

I like.

The maps wouldn't necessarily need to be littered with bushes. I was also thinking adding something like this would also put less restrictions in map design.

Currently you only see bushes and trees at the edges of maps. It feels as if the bushes have been reduced to minimum to avoid from them getting in the way. So this change would also help with developing new maps as you need to worry about bushes obstructing the player's view.

And if someone has genuine issues with players hiding into bushes, there's a simple fix for that: Any bush which you can drive through or hide into will not break LOS so people hiding in bushes will still be visible in Radar if people have equipped radar. :) I think that's how it is currently.

I support this idea. Too many times have I would up in a situation where I couldn't see because of a bush or tree or something...and I wasn't intending on hiding... I've also noticed that if I back up against a wall the camera will move to such a position where my vehicle is blocking my view...I think the camera needs a bit of rework.

Please no. This isn't a game breaking thing and people inside bushes should have their visibility hindered.

Many survival games do things this, like Rust: if you can see normaly inside bushes, that can be exploited.

On 10/15/2018 at 4:19 PM, MontyCasper said:

Example Brush.jpg

THIS post is so right in SO many ways I can't even express my support enough!

On 10/15/2018 at 8:19 PM, MontyCasper said:

Example Brush.jpg

This is better...come off from hiding....:fed002:

2 hours ago, gplacco said:

Please no. This isn't a game breaking thing and people inside bushes should have their visibility hindered.

Many survival games do things this, like Rust: if you can see normaly inside bushes, that can be exploited.

I have this kind of problem many times. Even if I am not hiding in green. Near a tree or a wall. It should not hide the leafs around the vehicle, it should make the green, between the "camera" and the vehicle, see through.

3 hours ago, gplacco said:

The reason why bushes aren't as much of a problem is because there's so little of it in Crossout. Apart from very few exceptions you only see bushes and trees at the edges of the map. I think the reason for this is the maps might've had more bushes at some point of testing but the bushes got in the the way so the devs removed them. So basically every bush in the ghame has been placed to ensure it doesn't get in anyone's way. You've cured the symptom, not the disease.

As I said it before the hiding problem can be fixed by letting any player who's sitting in a bush to be seen by the radar. Poof, hiding problem solved.

I don't necessarily want people hiding in the bushes. All I really want is more vegetation on the battle to make the game look prettier and have this vegetation not get in the gameplay's way.

• Upvote 2

On 10/15/2018 at 9:19 PM, MontyCasper said:

Example Brush.jpg

I dont understand how he can hide in bush? You have radar that create a big mark with name on him, and if you dont have, he dont need bush to cover his position, just stop moving in some corner with smaller build... And of course it will work only with fuze because all other weapons will show your position with flying bullets.

• Upvote 1

Technically, a bush can't hide you (unless if you are already invisible) but disrupt the view of your oponents, giving them just a general idea of your location but not of your structures.

For example, how can you de-gun or de-wheel someone in a bush if you can't even see the overall shape of the car or not even know if he has a wheel at all?

Hiding in a bush would be a bad idea, but do we really need to make them invisible? I think deforming it on contact would be a much more elegant and neat solution.

Edited by lucashc90

1 hour ago, lucashc90 said:

For example, how can you de-gun or de-wheel someone in a bush if you can't even see the overall shape of the car or not even know if he has a wheel at all?

This is so far the best counter-argument I've seen here. Tbh I hadn't really thought about this as much.

My counterargument against this is: Croussout has pretty large hitboxes; you can degun/dewheel enemies from a long distance when shooting vaguely at the right part. If an enemy decides to stand on a bush, they are standing still so they'll be an easy shot for enemy fire. Shooting an enemy sitting on a bush would be like shooting an enemy that's far away (except the enemy isn't moving so you know it's a clear shot), you're just happy if you see damage numbers pop up. :) If you're a shotgunner or melee, you can just drive into the bush yourself and push the enemy out while attacking him.

My experience has been the following: The few bushes which exist in the "useful" parts of combat maps, nobody really uses them for cover since they don't really provide any advantage anyway. Then again I'm not sure if it's because of the fact they obstruct friggin everything in your path.

2 hours ago, lucashc90 said:

I think deforming it on contact would be a much more elegant and neat solution

It's also a much more complicated solution from a coding standpoint. You'll be basically coding vegetation from scratch.

My suggestion keeps what's already there but lets the devs use it in a more flexible way.

i do like the idea of deforming vegetation. Would be great if the bushes get trampled when driven over or destroyed when shot at. Would be super awesome if you could use Dracos or Incinerators to start a wildfire! :DD Would be great if you could destroy trees like in Crysis.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

you can just change the grass density in options .. ever tried that "bad pc compability mode" or whatever it's called, there you can see through all grass and bushes... 

20 hours ago, Spedemix said:

Would be super awesome if you could use Dracos or Incinerators to start a wildfire! :DD 

OHHHHHHHHHH BOY! I so want to do it now!

Edited by lucashc90

2 hours ago, Mad_Lancer said:

you can just change the grass density in options .. ever tried that "bad pc compability mode" or whatever it's called, there you can see through all grass and bushes... 

The Grass Density affects only the small waving patches of grass, not the big bushes.

Grass Density at max:

Spoiler

screenshot-181106-021008.thumb.jpg.5823a

Grass Density at Min:

Spoiler

screenshot-181106-021027.thumb.jpg.4015f

Legacy GPU compability:

Spoiler

screenshot-181106-020609.thumb.jpg.2e72d

Bug bushes which get in the way remain.

if you have your back up against the wall (or trees) the thing behind you does not block your line of sight. only the things in front (ya get the idea, if ya inside etc) do,

then there the detector issue with your bright red  "SpeedLocked" visible even if the build is totally obscured, the one in cover is usually more blind that the enemy in the open using a detector ?!? lol backwards camo

whoah, whoah whoah!!!!

This feature existed already in the closed beta.

Look at this clip from two years ago:

Notice what happens to the bush when this guys drives through it :)