Sign in to follow this  
ChaosUK

Account Hacked

So as the title suggests my account was hacked. I was in game and got kicked with the message someone was already logged into the account. I had only been playing for around a week or so and hadn't got round to the 2 step authentication, which having tried before in another game, i found very annoying. I had however, spent some money on the game, like i do when im really enjoying something. There seemed to be no real advantage for this other than maybe making higher score vehicles quicker and doing the higher missions, also i like to think it encourages the developers to continue attempting to make the game better. Initially several purple items were taken and a couple of good blue items. 

Ok so most will shout it was my fault for not doing the 2 step authorisation. This is something i have never needed in any other game in my long pc gaming history, but hey ho, **** happens.

The game was installed directly on my pc not through steam, something now i kinda regret, as i have no idea how they could have found my email address, but then i'm no hacker. What happened next was, in my opinion, not my fault. As soon as it happened i logged into the website to attempt to change my password. This i could do and was told i would be getting an email to let me change it. After many tries these never came. I also attempted, albiet a bit late, to try to use the 2 step authentication. Again no confirmation emails were recieved.I then sent in a ticket to which i did get an automated reply  saying it could take up to 24 hours to actually speak to anyone.

So i logged back into my game, unable to change any security settings and found nearly everything blue or higher was gone. I'm sure if i could have changed any details, i could have stopped this. I also found out the person who did this was in russia. I live alone and no one has access to my pc. All my passwords are individual and i have run multiple scans and my pc is fine, so no worries there. So i got a russian game account hacked from someone that appears to be in russia. I will wait to speak to someone about this but i'm not holding my breath anything will come from it. I guess i'll end up suspending my account and put it down to a hard lesson learned.

• Sad 3

so new here and already got your inventory stolen...damn that blows.

is your emial the sme as for steam maybe? how long was your crossout password?

the account your stuff was traded off to was just a strawman accountto hide the real player behind it. reporting it wont do much but it is a lead to the real thief (if the someone fromthe devs bothered looking into their trade history)

Yup, its not just you... There were some complains about high level accounts being hacked. Those guys lost multiple legendaries and after a bit, the devs rolled out 2 factor authorization.

• Like 1

Thanks for the replies. This game has nothing to do with steam and was downloaded from the website, and anyway all details are different. According to my profile page, "Password complexity: hard", whatever that means. I would have thought that the first thing the hackers would have done was change the password, but then that link would go to my email which is secure. Which doesn't really matter as i'm not recieving any emails containing that link, even tho the site says they have been sent.

This is my main gripe, that i could have maybe saved some of my account, was the emails recieved and the password changed when it first happened. Now its pretty much gone along with my interest in the game. It really is a shame as i fully enjoyed playing but in the long run it as saved me money, as i really cant help spending on the things i enjoy.

Not too hard to see what happen there.

3 hours ago, ChaosUK said:

The game was installed directly on my pc not through steam, something now i kinda regret, as i have no idea how they could have found my email address, but then i'm no hacker. What happened next was, in my opinion, not my fault. As soon as it happened i logged into the website to attempt to change my password. This i could do and was told i would be getting an email to let me change it. After many tries these never came. I also attempted, albiet a bit late, to try to use the 2 step authentication. Again no confirmation emails were recieved.I then sent in a ticket to which i did get an automated reply  saying it could take up to 24 hours to actually speak to anyone.

So i logged back into my game, unable to change any security settings and found nearly everything blue or higher was gone. I'm sure if i could have changed any details, i could have stopped this. I also found out the person who did this was in russia. I live alone and no one has access to my pc. All my passwords are individual and i have run multiple scans and my pc is fine, so no worries there. So i got a russian game account hacked from someone that appears to be in russia. I will wait to speak to someone about this but i'm not holding my breath anything will come from it. I guess i'll end up suspending my account and put it down to a hard lesson learned.

Your email address is not hidden from most places.  You must look at the email and any link which ask you to change your password.  Was the email from "Gaijin.Net" <[email protected]>?

The "Name" can be makeup by anyone. ie anyone can make an email and call its account name "Gaijin.Net"... however the last part of email @gaijin.net, is not anyone have access to.

Same with website. If some email open a link to tell me to change my password with out "https://crossout.net/" to start off with. Most likely it is hacker's make believe page. 

Its not your fault, dont worry about that. Gaijin still has or had a leak. Despite that they try to blame it on  you for not activating the 2 step authentification which i honestly  didnt want to activate at first because you give them your phone number. Ontop of that, they dont refund the things which you bought with $$$ despite them being the reason why your account got hacked. No one  who got hacked and lost all their account value has received an apology message from gaijin. 

Just Uninstall the game and never again touch a gaijin game and warn your friends about gaijin. Thats the best you can do

uninstall.png

• Like 1

4 hours ago, EagleSix1 said:

I just got hacked today, fantastic, weeks worth of grind down the drain. EVERYTHING GONE.

Contact gaijin support they can replace your stuff
support.gaijin.net

On 6/25/2020 at 10:28 PM, EagleSix1 said:

I just got hacked today, fantastic, weeks worth of grind down the drain. EVERYTHING GONE.

Same happened to me yesterday night. Seems like they got serious security breach. Also see anything wrong with this profile?

image.png.d67527f94e2b50c5fe81062c22789b

Edited by Warenwolf

On 9/21/2018 at 10:13 AM, HiyaaaaKaboom said:

because you give them your phone number

I gave them my E-Mail. Using my phone number would be useless because it is never turned on unless I need emergency help which is a pretty rare thing.

15 hours ago, Warenwolf said:

Same happened to me yesterday night. Seems like they got serious security breach. Also see anything wrong with this profile?

image.png.d67527f94e2b50c5fe81062c22789b

Thats 1 prestige engineers, aka level 31 engineers, not level 1 engineers

Sign in to follow this