VileCrib_3

Relic Cannon- Spartan Laser

Spartan Lazer Mk2 (Inspired from the Halo spartan laser duh)

6 energy

800-1000 structure

Limited firing angle

Requires user to charge weapon by holding down the trigger for 3 seconds, emits a small laser beam that emits from the barrel to the location being aimed at , once 3 seconds is reached it fires an large instantaneous(hitscan) laser beam that creates a damaging explosion upon the area of impact. Charge MUST be held for the entirety of the 3 seconds otherwise charge resets.

Ability: Area of explosion is superheated for 30-45 secs, superheated area is a different color (purple maybe? idk) to differentiate it from normally heated parts. Superheated are receives 150-175% more damage

• What you think devs? @BjKalderon @Woodyrojo :014: 
  • (Welcome to hear suggestions from people as well about this)

2)sam-brown-spartanlaser04b.jpg?1482954855Image result for spartan laserImage result for spartan laserImage result for spartan laser

Video demonstration:

• Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 2
  • Upvote 7

Oh yes please. I have been waiting for a laser that is more than a support weapon for a long time. Balancing of course is a factor... so what about something like this?

• Perfect accuracy - it is a laser.. it ought to have it
  • Charge up time... cannot fire immediatly... we dont want to make weapon stripping to easy
  • Damage over time.... lets say the laser fires for 3 seconds it will deal 33,33 % of its damage every second.
  • Heats up the enemy vehicle completly (it is a large laser and Aurora type heating is pathetic compared to fire weapons)
  • After a shot... the weapon needs to cooldown
  • Laser dish is pretty exposed (something like this:

• Upvote 1

NEED, Even though I would never be able to get it.

• Upvote 1

I wouldn't mind a laser cannon (not like the mad max theme is really followed much), but the stats you mention seem a lil too good. I can just imagine the seal clubbing it would cause on a hover at 3k ps.

• Upvote 1

@VileCrib_3 Guessing some type of drawback? Limited Ammo?? Damage from explosion equal to what gun we have in game so we can get an idea how strong it should be. Tsunami/Mammoth/Executioner/Judge/Avenger?

Edited by DRRPickel

First of all just saying, seeing that you are one of the very few people who can get their hands on a relic easily on Xbox, it’s kinda inappropriate for you to be making relic suggestions, but I digress.

What happened to my idea of a triple barrel Gatling Little Boy as a new relic that I posted on the Xbox forum a week ago?

18 hours ago, Pandalius said:

I wouldn't mind a laser cannon (not like the mad max theme is really followed much), but the stats you mention seem a lil too good. I can just imagine the seal clubbing it would cause on a hover at 3k ps.

Two very simple things to do to fix it.

Give the weapon:

• High mass
  • high recoil

Also nobody said it would do lots of damage (if any).

3 minutes ago, Spedemix said:

Two very simple things to do to fix it.

Give the weapon:

• High mass
  • high recoil

Also nobody said it would do lots of damage (if any).

Light has no recoil, of course it would do damage it's a giant laser.

• Like 1

Well, the Spartan Laser from Halo games certainly has recoil, more and more as the series progresses it seems.

It is a giant laser so I think it would be heavy, look at the laser systems they use on boats for anti missile. Those things are a good what 5 tons each.

Heavy weight....

long reload

large target

fragile laser assembly...

It isnt that difficult to destroy... but god help you if  it hits.

No, absolutely not!  Now that I think about it, we should not give this spoiled and exploitive Xbox clan wars elite a replacement build for his nerfed hover Scorpion exploit!

Nice try Vile.:fighter::im_hit:

• Haha 1
  • Confused 2

2 hours ago, FN_2492 said:

No, absolutely not!  Now that I think about it, we should not give this spoiled and exploitive Xbox clan wars elite a replacement build for his nerfed hover Scorpion exploit!

Nice try Vile.:fighter::im_hit:

Wow that was random and a lot of hate for something that is a pretty good idea. also you put the emojies backwords.

Sorry about the late responses, caught up with some things, lets go down the list:

On 10/16/2018 at 4:43 PM, ARES_IV said:
  • Perfect accuracy - it is a laser.. it ought to have it
  • Charge up time... cannot fire immediatly... we dont want to make weapon stripping to easy
  • Damage over time.... lets say the laser fires for 3 seconds it will deal 33,33 % of its damage every second.
  • Heats up the enemy vehicle completly (it is a large laser and Aurora type heating is pathetic compared to fire weapons)
  • After a shot... the weapon needs to cooldown
  • Laser dish is pretty exposed (something like this:

-Agreed, accuracy should remain

-Agreed again, it's require a steady hand as you try and keep the reticule on the enemy for the entirety of the charge up duration (3 secs)

-This is too much of a penalty imo, it will already have a 3 sec charge up duration and can only fire when reaching maximum charge, making a sustained dps weapon instead of a burst would be the wrong way to go about it) it should be a one a done sort of thing (like a cannon)

-Same as point above, so it should instantaneous heat since it'll be a burst dps weapon.

-Same as point above, not sure how I'd feel about a weapon with 2 penalties associated with it (a charge up to maximum along with and cooldown is incredibly excessive imo) this is the same issue plaguing the pheonix crossbow, hence its lack of usage

-Was thinking a design more akin to the spartan laser itself, a large rectangular looking device (large frames are penalty as is already in the game ie) scorpion, mammoth, crossbows etc) 

On 10/16/2018 at 11:59 PM, Pandalius said:

This is a mm problem not a weapon problem, balancing weapons for the sake of use in low ps is why so many weapons are being rendered useless at high ps (crossbow, tow missile, caucaus)

Balancing a relic for >>low ps<< clearly shows the problem with our current system.

On 10/17/2018 at 1:21 PM, DRRPickel said:

@VileCrib_3 Guessing some type of drawback? Limited Ammo?? Damage from explosion equal to what gun we have in game so we can get an idea how strong it should be. Tsunami/Mammoth/Executioner/Judge/Avenger?

-It's damage model will be like that of pre explosion rework cannons (high impact, little explosive radius, and in the case of the spartan laser, no explosive radius at all, just dmg where the laser lands)

Drawbacks:

-3 second charge up duration, which will fire once maximum charge is reached

-(Not sure about ammo, the quasar is current the only energy weapon to have an ammo restriction, but hey why not)

- A miniature laser that stretches that stretches across from the barrel of the weapon to the point of impact (reticule area), notifying the enemy of the current path of the weapon

-Upon firing, the tracer increases largely in size (3x3?, 4x4 idk?) notifying all enemy players of the location of the shot and user himself (think the scorpion tracer)

-Limited firing angle 

22 hours ago, ARES_IV said:

Heavy weight....

long reload

large target------<<<<<<<These two penalties should never be on one weapon

fragile laser assembly...-----<<<Read the point above

It isnt that difficult to destroy... but god help you if  it hits.

***[Highly against creating weapons with incredibly fragility, higher ps weapons require the structure needed to sustain themselves in high ps play, otherwise these weapons get restricted to hovers, or not used at all if they are ineffective even on hovers]

-Adding too many penalties is the reason so many new weapons become largely unused compared to the staple, tried and true, weapons of crossout. 

-If the weapon becomes too gimmicky, then there isn't a point in its cost (ie why use the firebug when the draco is so much more cost efficient)

On 10/17/2018 at 9:12 PM, FN_2492 said:

First of all just saying, seeing that you are one of the very few people who can get their hands on a relic easily on Xbox, it’s kinda inappropriate for you to be making relic suggestions, but I digress.

What happened to my idea of a triple barrel Gatling Little Boy as a new relic that I posted on the Xbox forum a week ago?

It's inappropriate for someone who has experience with relics(I've owned a total of 5 in my time on crossout and crafted 4 of those) to recommend relic suggestions when you've never even owned one? Are you alright in the head friend? 

It's ironic to see you decided what suggestions are appropriate and inappropriate, at least my suggestions grounded, a little boy has a higher ttk than the fatman, and is slightly/moderately behind the mammoth and here you are suggesting a triple barrel little boy relic.... 

• Haha 1

Relic canon, a laser?! Nahh, please no!

Relic canon has to be a real canon, with true recoil and impact (better than Spike). Something scary.

• Confused 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Minikow said:

Relic canon, a laser?! Nahh, please no!

Relic canon has to be a real canon, with true recoil and impact (better than Spike). Something scary.

Relics need to look and be unique

We already have a “real cannon (tsunami)

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, VileCrib_3 said:

Relics need to look and be unique

We already have a “real cannon (tsunami)

A turreted tsunami with increased impulse and damage, costs 8 energy and is heavy. Maybe more damage? Idk, would love to see something like that.

I like lasers so I like the premise.

Few things: Laser beams cause explosions they don't make them, I didn't really like that part. I do like the idea of heating a larger area of the target.. So it's really more of a descriptive issue. I'm not a big fan of limited firing angle but it does sometimes come in handy on some builds. If it were to have an ammo charge count it would be cool if you could regain it by driving around. Similar to the revolver but doesn't auto reload when empty to simulate charging the battery. i.e. a distance traveled function.  

7 hours ago, Dirty_Hamster said:

I like lasers so I like the premise.

Few things: Laser beams cause explosions they don't make them, I didn't really like that part. I do like the idea of heating a larger area of the target.. So it's really more of a descriptive issue. I'm not a big fan of limited firing angle but it does sometimes come in handy on some builds. If it were to have an ammo charge count it would be cool if you could regain it by driving around. Similar to the revolver but doesn't auto reload when empty to simulate charging the battery. i.e. a distance traveled function.  

Ya my wordy might’ve been alittle off (hence the video of the spartan laser in use)

I would want it’s charging and firing effect to be as close to that as possibly (if you’ve played halo, when the laser hits a target, a splash effect occurs, kinda like an explosion)

Hmmm

"Mammoth":

Spoiler

Strv_42_Landsverk_1.jpg?t=e0a575f53c2150

"Tsunami":

Spoiler

Panzer-VI_Tiger-II-sweden.jpg

What should look like the Relic Canon:

Spoiler

1920px-APG-OM-Nov-2006-089.jpg

Keep the laser for dawn children ^^

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, Minikow said:

-unrelated cannons

That is way off topic, I get that it is your opinion but that should be its own topic.

• Like 1