VileCrib_3

Relic Cannon- Spartan Laser

Jesus Christ we already have laser like rail guns all over called "scorpions" now you wanna bring in some star trek stuff with more laser crap....no no no. and I don't wanna hear its a cannon...its a goddamn laser. lol

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Brooklyn_Express said:

Jesus Christ we already have laser like rail guns all over called "scorpions" now you wanna bring in some star trek stuff with more laser crap....no no no. and I don't wanna hear its a cannon...its a goddamn laser. lol

The game is set in the future there's nothing wrong with mad maxing some star trek stuff. :D

7 hours ago, VileCrib_3 said:

Ya my wordy might’ve been alittle off (hence the video of the spartan laser in use)

I would want it’s charging and firing effect to be as close to that as possibly (if you’ve played halo, when the laser hits a target, a splash effect occurs, kinda like an explosion)

Plasma plume would be what they call the glow like flash effect that jets off from the target. 

Fig_1a.jpg.480e5a12c340644c5c1102134944d

When I mentioned charging I mean for an ammo count not for the firing delay.. Think of it like 12 banks of capacitors, each bank would be representing a singular discharge of the laser. As the banks get depleted they need to be recharged before using them again. This function could replace having to use an ammo crate. Allowing the user to drive around to recharge the banks to store shots for later. None of the items in game use a function like this so it would be rather unique. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

14 hours ago, Brooklyn_Express said:

Jesus Christ we already have laser like rail guns all over called "scorpions" now you wanna bring in some star trek stuff with more laser crap....no no no. and I don't wanna hear its a cannon...its a goddamn laser. lol

Relic shotguns are already in the works

No point in asking for what is already being worked on 

Buuuut back to be point in hand, a new cannon would be great, since it’s a relic it’ll have to be unique, a spartan laser is pretty dam unique for a relic cannon imo.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Dirty_Hamster said:

The game is set in the future there's nothing wrong with mad maxing some star trek stuff. :D

Plasma plume would be what they call the glow like flash effect that jets off from the target. 

When I mentioned charging I mean for an ammo count not for the firing delay.. Think of it like 12 banks of capacitors, each bank would be representing a singular discharge of the laser. As the banks get depleted they need to be recharged before using them again. This function could replace having to use an ammo crate. Allowing the user to drive around to recharge the banks to store shots for later. None of the items in game use a function like this so it would be rather unique. 

Plume, got it

Personally I’m not sure about a recharging mechanic (but hey that why this is on the suggestions page haha)

If the gun was to remain as a fixed angle weapon, chances are a recharge mechanic would be detrimental to its play(you’d really only want to drive forwards and backwards while mainting line of sight on an enemy)

I will know definitely in a shady way Vile and his other shady clan wars buddies are in bed with the devs if they end up listening to this suggestion.  Meantime us average gamers are often times ignored, when we have creative ideas.

I also want to point out the fact that Vile and the core members of his clan spammed the hover Scorpion exploit, before it was nerfed.  Just pointing out the facts before you Developers decide to listen to individuals who have a selfish desire to control, and dominate Xbox themselves.

I might also add that I’ve spent over $500 more on the game than Vile and his clan wars elites have.  So you might want to keep than in mind before you keep playing favorites Developers.

• Confused 1

38 minutes ago, FN_2492 said:

I will know definitely in a shady way Vile and his other shady clan wars buddies are in bed with the devs if they end up listening to this suggestion.  Meantime us average gamers are often times ignored, when we have creative ideas.

I also want to point out the fact that Vile and the core members of his clan spammed the hover Scorpion exploit, before it was nerfed.  Just pointing out the facts before you Developers decide to listen to individuals who have a selfish desire to control, and dominate Xbox themselves.

I might also add that I’ve spent over $500 more on the game than Vile and his clan wars elites have.  So you might want to keep than in mind before you keep playing favorites Developers.

Annnnnnnnnnnd wait for it... no one cares.

It's just Xbox anyways, PC is where most of the Player base is.

• Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, FN_2492 said:

Meantime us average gamers are often times ignored, when we have creative ideas.

You want a relic weapon that’s triple little boys duct taped together, and you didn’t even post it 

in the correct channels, you need your meds man.

48 minutes ago, FN_2492 said:

So...are you an average player or and ElitE pLaYer

Cuz I’m sure as sht the average player hasn’t dropped “500 more than Vile”

R

15 minutes ago, airkevin777 said:

Annnnnnnnnnnd wait for it... no one cares.

It's just Xbox anyways, PC is where most of the Player base is.

Ding ding we have a winner 

Our population of CW participating players is around 1/20th the size of PC’s cw population 

We have less than 50 clans that participate with points on the board

PC has around a thousand 

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

On 10/25/2018 at 2:26 PM, VileCrib_3 said:

Relic shotguns are already in the works

No point in asking for what is already being worked on 

Buuuut back to be point in hand, a new cannon would be great, since it’s a relic it’ll have to be unique, a spartan laser is pretty dam unique for a relic cannon imo.

I dont think that a heavy laser cannon should be necessarly an upgrade of Tsunami.

I really like the idea of a laser cannon but I dont see at as a normal cannon but more like a legendary for Dawn Children. That way everyone is happy:

We finally get a heavy laser weapon

Lead cannon fanboys can get a relic Tsunami

More diversity, more fun.

On 10/26/2018 at 9:22 PM, VileCrib_3 said:

We have less than 50 clans that participate with points on the board

Wow. It's that bad? :(

i wouldn't want to have to hold down a button for 3 seconds while shinning a beam at the enemy, in a game where movement is key and speed, the best armor. We got enough campers as it is. hardest part in leaving the spawn/ base is usually not incomming fire as much as rapidly breaking tow users and autocannon users who stop after 10-100 meters and right away start giving away the teams positions.. scopers and towers could need a slower paced gamemode for them self.

remember all the crying that kapkans where = death because you couldn't move... well now your allys will be blocking the battlefield aiming laserpointers around while waiting to do dammage xD  

Edited by Mad_Lancer
  • Confused 1

On ‎10‎/‎24‎/‎2018 at 7:21 PM, Dirty_Hamster said:

lol...go play star wars.

• Confused 1
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Brooklyn_Express said:

lol...go play star wars.

No star wars has the worst lasers in all sci fi and sci fantasy. They are literally plasma weapons called lasers because some one stupid thought people wouldn't understand what plasma is.(both in and out of lore.)

That said the idea you quoted is pretty bad.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Brooklyn_Express said:

guess that flew over your head lol

Obviously. I do not understand humor.

We're so far in the offtopic :DD

Sorry for nitpicking but I don't think anybody within the Star Wars Universe refers to them as lasers. They call'em Blasters.

I want to see a legendary version of the spartan laser weapon, relic is too unobtainable and having relic rarity would mean it would have to be deadlier than scorpions since it has a charge-up time.

• Upvote 1

On 11/9/2018 at 4:17 AM, Fuglypump said:

I want to see a legendary version of the spartan laser weapon, relic is too unobtainable and having relic rarity would mean it would have to be deadlier than scorpions since it has a charge-up time.

The devs are more than welcome to add a legendary like weapon similar to it (Drace to firebug, fortunes to porcs)

It wouldn't necessarily be better than a scorp, it'd be different in its own way. You can peak shoot, it'll require a manual lock on targets, but when it hits boy oh boy will it hit

That will make it weak to weapons that can peak snipe (ie steppe spider tsunami builds, hover crickets/helios, light-medium meat grinder builds. etc, etc)

Not custom

Not rusty

Not handmade

to HITech!

No! god damn please! no!

We have relic Flamethrower and rare impulse blaster... rly... one more Hitech weapon make this game like Robocraft

Edited by MaxDaredevil
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

Rise from the dead

The Photon cab desperately wants laser weapons. At least a legendary one. I think it'd be boring af to make a legendary version of Aurora, so sure, a laser cannon seems like a good legendary. And maybe a laser rifle as a rare?

About its effects... Can we not have all energy weapons require me to do gimmicky things with my left click please? :'D
Ideally I'd want it to behave like Aurora where it makes sense. Has to be hitscan, has to have a finite range and no (or very low) damage drop (that's honestly something silly about Aurora but it needs to stay consistent IMO).

The rare one could basically just be a 4 energy laser Vector.

Edited by Clebardman

Theres a legendary "lightning gun" coming soon, most likely during the knight event. It looks like you hold down the fire key to charge it up and it releases a lightning bolt or something. Uses 5 energy. Seems kind of meh, because I'd love to see some kind of legendary laser that just fires a big beam that heats things up and melts things until it overheats,

Edited by Crunk_Prime