GeneralAnasazi

[PC] Crossout Translator

Interesting, finally a way to know if those russians are complimenting my playstyle or tell me to go f... myself XD

Have to try this when I get home ^^

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, CRUSHER_ said:

This should be implemeneted in game, so we all understand eachother :D

Might be working better than your mic :P

Edited by v3rgi1
  • Haha 1

this seems bloody useful.

i guess you're pulling the text from the chat log and use an online translator? results will be...mixed, i assume

tested it this evening, works quite well as long as there are no spelling mistakes (like every translator)

nice work :D

I've got couple of improvement suggestions.

First of all is it possible to get the app remember window configuration? For the 1.0 always opens in fullscreen regarless of how I closed it? Most software opens the window in exactly the way I closed it at.

Secondly: is it possible to have the translator translate everything. without clicking the button? So you could just let it run on second screen without the need to jump out of game.

Even better: could it ignore translating language you have selected? As in: don't translate english text if you have english selected?

if my acct gets wiped i'm blaming it on you :P

but it does work. gonna be helpful finding out what the russian folks are talking without having to copy from chat log myself

Edited by forc3dinduction

23 hours ago, Spedemix said:

I've got couple of improvement suggestions.

First of all is it possible to get the app remember window configuration? For the 1.0 always opens in fullscreen regarless of how I closed it? Most software opens the window in exactly the way I closed it at.

Secondly: is it possible to have the translator translate everything. without clicking the button? So you could just let it run on second screen without the need to jump out of game.

Even better: could it ignore translating language you have selected? As in: don't translate english text if you have english selected?

Hi Spedemix,

first one is planned in the next update.

The second one is more difficulty, because I have to know which language it is. But Yandex has a language detect. In this case the app will produce more I-Net Traffic and each user has to create his own Yandex Account with a free API Key, because of the limits of a free API Key. I think that will complicate the whole app, but it is possible. 

Yandex Terms of Use

2.3. Yandex reserves the right to set any limits and restrictions, including but not limited to those stated below:

• the volume of the text translated: 1,000,000 characters per day but not more than 10,000,000 per month.

Edited by GeneralAnasazi

This is - after CrossoutDB, the detailed spreadsheets and Grindmaster files - the coolest external tool i've seen in the World of Crossout!! Nice job @GeneralAnasazi 

*hands over cookies*

cookies.jpg.c960270719d60ab91cd824a2de32

The program has been updated few times now.

• Now there's an auto-translate feature which can translate on-the-fly after you set it up.
  • Some of the memory usage issues have been fixed
  • "Can't write into ini file" apparently has been fixed too which occured if you had the program running for hours at a time

• Thanks 1

Update

• You will be able to response of a written line in this language
  • Bugfix Autoscroll and Aututranslate was not stored after closing the window
  • Expanded the message filter for the new Game Mode and Raid Messages
Edited by GeneralAnasazi
  • Thanks 1

How can i use the "Auto Start with crossout function" i get this error (see attachment) as soon as i check the checkbox and click "OK" to save this setting. If i have a look again its still unchecked in the options.

I have had already set the file properties to "start as administartor" for the crossout translator.exe and also the crossout.exe ....

Any idea what i could do?

error.jpg

Edited by AndiiiHD