_cottton_

Spawn protection

Opening up, gathering feedback from players!

This happened to me maybe a week ago. Except I loaded in and was instantly hit by a spear/lance build (Rock City Map). There should be a 5-10 seconds of invincibility from start.

with the more aggressive MM changes getting 'dropped" into a match as a replacement for a player or Bot can happen upto 20 seconds (longer) after the match even, with some instances of Death on arrival or Dropped in the middle of pitched battle on spawn point, 

some sort of spawn protection, invulnerable (1st action breaks it) or temporary fence separating team interaction in 1st few seconds after spawn would help giving players better, more consistent experience

• Upvote 3

It's called Spawn Armor, and most well developed games have it. And, because this game will drop you in a match after the countdown when one player decides to suicide at the start, this game should definitely have Spawn Armor. It's not fair to a player to wait in queue, drop in, and get 1-shot killed by spawn killer. 

Or maybe just not have spawn points within direct line of sight of each other.

Devs need to go back to video games 101, day one ****.

• Upvote 2

Since the suicide drone from the werewolf cabin got it, i don't see why player's cant have it for a few seconds when they spawn.

Edited by NaggNogger

^^True.

It is ridiculous how on certain maps you just need to duck for cover immediately after match has started in order not to get shot.

• In Rock City you might get mandraked right at the bbeginning and there's really nothing you can do except try to move to a location where a mandrake might not aim to.
  • In Desert Valley if you spawn with a direct LOS to the enemy base you need to move away or you WILL get get shot either by Tsunami, Scorpion or Cricket.
  • Control 17 Station, Factory and Founder's Canyon all have angles where you can shoot from spawn to spawn with Crickets and often a hover cricket player's first move is immediately to move to this location and get a free shot at enemies.
  • Shooting from the north spawn of Control-17 Station to the tight slope leading to the south base is prob the most vicious example. In the south players spawn to this tight area from which you have to move to the home base and you can fire crickets to this tight area from the north. Since there's eight players on such a small area you've basically guaranteed a hit.

Yeah, a ten second invulnerability would be nice. If a player spawns late he should still have his 10sec invulnerability.

• Upvote 1

Yes. 10 seconds delay at least, for when you replace bot in on going battle or for people using a low performance machine.

Edited by SoulDeliverer

4 hours ago, SoulDeliverer said:

Yes. 10 seconds delay at least, for when you replace bot in on going battle or for people using a low performance machine.

10 sec could be a bit too long imo.

Ppl will use that to do weird stuff.

I would be just happy with 3-4 sec. Who ever is still not moving has to deal with it :D

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, _cottton_ said:

10 sec could be a bit too long imo.

Ppl will use that to do weird stuff.

I would be just happy with 3-4 sec. Who ever is still not moving has to deal with it :D

People with old xboxs are just loading in at 10 sec.

Just realized in a game: need extra work to protect against guided missles.

I just got replaced into a running match and an enemy shot "some" hurrican missles on me from the other side of the spawn (can remember the map names, sorry).

If i would not have cloak i would have been dead.

So how to deal with that?

3 hours ago, Minikow said:

10s and automatically disactivate when moved more than 5m? (push doesn't count)

I like the idea. That way you are safe on spawn but cannot abuse the feature.

:good:

I like those ideas.

On 10/25/2018 at 8:31 PM, Minikow said:

10s and automatically disactivate when moved more than 5m? (push doesn't count)

push doesnt count?
did you think that one through cause now with the connectors for the mini levaiatans, one player never moves, so he allways will be invurnerable.

this would have to be canceled as soon as you fire or connect to fellow teammate to avoid this kind of exploit

8 hours ago, SylentXtinction2 said:

Issue resolved with last update. Delayed spawns are no longer allowed. 

Not true.

What if next month they allow it again?

You do not solve problems that way. .... actually.

519822469_SpawnDeath.gif.df88ea1ae5ecaedWithout words.

This happened to me in august, before the patch. Since then nothing extreme like this happened again. 

Edited by Kroklokwafzi
  • Haha 1

Seconds of invuln won't help slow loaders or slow vehicles.

Mandrakes need to be modified. That's the main issue as I see it. It's theoretically possible with crickets/scorpions/hurricanes/autocannons, but I think in most cases they still have to move at least a tiny bit. Could be wrong, as I don't know all the spawn positions. But certainly Mandrakes can blind-nuke the spawns of the enemy team on quite a few maps. I've stated elsewhere I think Mandrakes should have reduced long range and increased short range (able to hit closer to them).

• Confused 1

On 10/2/2018 at 8:54 PM, _cottton_ said:

I just joined a match and as soon the screen showed up i died :D

Maybe the most epic cricket lucky shot in crossout history.

I suggest a protection when you spawn into a running game (you are f.e. the replacement for a bot) 

then you get like 2-3 sec of protection.

Supported. I have my share of spawnkills on different maps, using Mandrake, and even more crippling shots. Imo maps should be designed with spawn place being physicaly protected early in the fight. This is easily done by upsizing them so range is too far, and a couple of obstacles and terrain elevation hindering direct shots. When fight starts, I will keep doing my best to secure my team winning, so this needs to be worked out with map layout.

Edited by *Jomar_SL