MaximusAurelicus

Remove Durability Perk Option for Fusion on Low Durability Parts & Make Fusion Better

Honestly.. there are several fusion perks that are not worth much... or may actualy be detrimental for you or your team. Like safe ammo storage.... on most designs... if your ammo box takes fire you are death very soon anyway. But you are paying 3 times the cost of an ammo pack to make ENEMY harvester users more likely to keep their harvester... your team will hate you.

One of the reasons why I really would like to see a fusion system that trades advantages (5 % more damage) for disadvantages (5 % slower turret rotation speed)

Edited by ARES_IV
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 4

Yeah the fusion system as a hole needs a rework.

Though I will contest the above comment on the safe ammo not being a good one, the a mount of times that has saved me from a cheeky spike-1 is heavy.

But a lot of fusions are bad.

that said some are underated. like a fast loading tow when combined with a good engine yeah missiles for days.

Agree fusion needs a rework, I'm the not so proud owner of a recoilless tackler. As cabs only have two options I'd like to see a third "Speedster" perk that adds either 10% to max speed or 5% speed + 5% power. 

• Confused 1
  • Upvote 4

Fusion does need a rework but getting the developers to consider that may take ages so at the moment I'm only trying to get the developers to consider removing the durability perk from low durability parts.

That said, should the developers agree we'd like to see a rework of fusion for sure.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Fusions do need to be changed tbh. There is such a wide range of useful to pointless fusions. 5% damage or better cooling? Clear winners in some cases. Cabins and coolers/radiators have the best perks, as those can bump stats by nearly 30%, which is just clearly too effective. Basically makes them mandatory for high end builds. 

• Confused 1
  • Upvote 1

There are  LOTS of useless perks in weapons.

Aegis Prime = Durability Remove

Stealth = Durability Remove

Reaper = Speed up Aim Time + Maximum + Optimal Range + Recoil Remove

Retcher = Recoil ( seriously ?) + Rotation Speed Remove

Fusion system is the most broken thing in the game so far, yet They are ignoring it..

• Upvote 3

Colossus mass upgrade is pathetic. 

I think cooling related upgrades should not be on weapons. That's cooler and radiators job.

Weapons should only have damage, firerate, reloading, and accuracy. Reinforced is fine for most weapons but for rockets and grenade launchers it's a waste.

I think maybe improving the values for some perks could be better. 

Lots to talk about here. I'm sure any update to the system will he met with praise/anger. Can't win if you dont play the game. LETS ALL PLAY THE DEVELOPMENT GAME!

• Upvote 2

my Goblin Aim-Time has superior accuracy at point blank range, Fact

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 1

34 minutes ago, SpeedLocked said:

my Goblin Aim-Time has superior accuracy at point blank range, Fact

goblin just has superior accuracy at point blank as by that point it doesn't mater it could have the spread of 9 pellets 10 feet from a barn and only 1 hits and it would still hit all.

1 hour ago, Warbrand2 said:

goblin just has superior accuracy at point blank as by that point it doesn't mater it could have the spread of 9 pellets 10 feet from a barn and only 1 hits and it would still hit all.

exactly why the bonus 5% accuracy (spread) is meaningless, if i wanted focused accurate fire that hit one part at a time i'd not be using shotguns at range lol 

• Upvote 2

Maybe it will be better if they allowed us to choose perk for a certain cost if needed.

Like 3 relic parts to select perk, 4 legendaries to select perk, 5 for epics and 6 for rares. Maybe 1 less part in each or any category. If they do that they can remove useless perks and add more useful perks like speed or power for cabins etc.(of course not anything that bypasses movement module speed caps) 

Or maybe an additional different part or 2 for a specific perk.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

I can agree to this. Durability just add's to a useless pool for a lot of things. Radars/Scopes/Modules, creates a costly RNG that really discourages fusion at all. Even with the re-rolls, if you have 3 perks and aiming for one, get structure, then get the other option you don't want, you still have a chance of getting structure yet again. Trying to fusion ammo boxes is one pain, because structure is there which does not help much at all, given the other options.

Though with the suggestion of picking a perk, maybe make it a cost like fusing decor. Coin + Resources to pick a perk (Like for epic, 100c + 750 wire 450 copper, 250 scrap), But still give a option for free random roll if people want to pray to the RNG gods they get what they wanted.

• Upvote 1

The devs probably have useful data on fusioning already. They can simply look at what items are commonly fusioned. I'd bet cabins are much more popular fusion options than machineguns. They can also look at what fusions are being refusioned and kept to see which end results are popular. Then they could tweak fusions from there, maybe drop some of the fusions no one wants etc.

That's not what I've seen.

What I've seen is: when people commit to fusioning, they go all the way eventually and fusion the items with the fusions they want. Now necessarily immediately but eventually. Now there's also more incentive to keep going since you know you're not gonna get the same fusion you already have on your item. I claim there are more items with the "desired" fusions on players' possesion than "undesired" fusions.

I totally agree. I want the durability perk removed from Fusion. It´s next to useless. There are too many perks for some items, making it time consuming, not to mention very expensive and grindy to get the perk you want for your item in a random fusion roullette that´s just there to annoy players. Some don´t even use fusion, it´s that pointless in their opinion. Me...I like some of the fusion perks, like the extra 5% damage, it has turned my DT Cobras into lethal Adders and I can really see the damage difference adding up to help me kill cabins faster.

• Upvote 1

I think you can get the same perks again and again if there are at least 3 perks on an item you can get from fusions. Deadsoulinside who posted a few posts up for example has given up doing fusions on some of his parts cause he kept getting the same perks. And I think I heard similar stories from others too just can't remember their names. It's not worth completing multiples fusions to get a perk on an item if it has too many perks which can keep shuffling so there can easily be misleading info.

Edited by MaximusAurelicus
Typo correction.
  • Like 1

Recoil reduction on most MG's is pretty useless. I can't say I've ever had a moment in this game where I'm like "wow this build is so lite my vectors are going to flip me over if I'm not careful" Seriously? Also, the hazardous generator is the worst offender for durability fusion. 26 HP base... I think the minimum amount of hitpoints an item should have to be able to get the durability increase fusion should be at least 200.