MaximusAurelicus

Remove Durability Perk Option for Fusion on Low Durability Parts & Make Fusion Better

What if you could choose which perk you get, if you spend additional resources?  I think this would be a great way to make engraved casings a bit more (or in my case, the slightest bit) useful.

Cant like this post enough!

I too agree fusion needs rework. I believe RNG hurts it the most. More player choice means better experience.

The core concept behind the rework should be give the player the ability to answer the question ''Do I improve upon the item's strength or do try negate some of its weaknesses?''.

P.S Would be cool to add some minor variation on the appearence of the item to show that is fused.

e.g. better cooling? >fins for heat dissipation

e.g better range > longer gun barrel (takes more space)

e.g Carapace with more durability? >bulky (maybe takes more space)

e.g Carapace with more speed and power? >bigger exhausts, makes louder noise

I agree. The changes don't really do the job.

First of all there should be an option to pick the trait you want. Thats also more realistic: If you upgrade an item in a garage, how the hell but with completly incompetent mechanics would this lead to a random upgrade ;) ...

At this point only the fusion of heavy cabins and some specific items like munition or coolers make sense really. If you have 4 upgraded weapons with completly different fused traits it makes the whole thing pointless and a huge waste of money, which for most people is hard to grind and once they found out that weapon upgrades are useless you are stuck with them forever. Either make these fused parts sellable on the market or give the players the possibility to choose the traits they want and give the option to everyone to unfuse the already fused items at the point of the overhaul. Either of hese two possiblities would definately solve the fusion problematic imho.

7 hours ago, Nilper said:

First of all there should be an option to pick the trait you want. Thats also more realistic: If you upgrade an item in a garage, how the hell but with completly incompetent mechanics would this lead to a random upgrade ;) ...

That's right

• Upvote 1

I like the idea of the upgrade tree though I'd like it to focus around taking apart multiple items to make up the parts for the chosen upgrades. Should let us upgrade commons as well, as that would be the most affordable way for players to get use to the dynamics of such a system. As for leveling up the bonuses it could be either refinement i.e. using multiples of the same part to increase quality and or other additional parts to improve other aspects of that portion of the design.

A few examples: 
You might pull a spring from a different gun to reduce recoil on another gun or adding a coil from a radiator or cooler for slower heating or faster cool down. part out some fuel barrels for reinforced blast shields to up the durability of a gun. Radiator parts on boosters could extend their run time between cool downs. a fuel tank part from the same booster could increase the fuel supply for one (i.e. you could have a longer double length model rather than installing two for the same effect). Rotation and aim speed could be via sprockets, gears, actuators, and motor parts...

The number of extra sub parts being created I don't really see as an issue, if they could be used in some advanced crafting benches.. Wasp parts and shotgun parts to have a 360 rotating unguided rocket. Can I swap a machine gun into a goblin cage... Can I make a limited angle autocannon that is easier to hide. Can I use the base from a whirlwind and put a cricket on top... Can I mount a draco on a drone.. A lot of the odds and ends that don't fit in to the normal benches could be added in this way. Similarly it could work well for event gear where special features could be added to an existing weapons like adding a single shot grenade launcher to a machine gun or some other option.

11 hours ago, Electric_Circus said:

New player here.

I dont understand why we cant fuse white parts, and why cant we pick our fusion.

I think a lot of coins would move if people could chose the fuse they wanted

Current upgrade system is take 3 of the same parts and you can combine them into a single slightly better item. If you don't get the perk that you like they guarantee in the randomness of it that you will not get the same perk as the last attempt. As for the market mechanics involved there are only a few ways parts exit the game upgrading, crafting, salvaging... Generally it's healthy for the market to have some parts to be removed from availability so prices don't bottom out from overproduction.

I never understood why they don't let people upgrade white parts either. With the exception of maybe wanting to push people into the crafting aspect of the game faster. To me it always seemed like it would be the best place to explain the upgrade system before it eats a lot of play time or earned/purchased coinage. 

Let people upgrade parts exactly how they want, add more and better upgrade choices than near useless things like "10% less recoil on your shotgun", and then let people sell upgraded weapons on the market. To prevent untradable parts from being turned into profit, let them be used for fusions, but have a big warning pop up going "WARNING:Using an untradable part in a fusion will render the new upgraded part untradable as well! Will you continue?"

Let it create a whole new secondary "endgame" market for fusioned parts.

^Pretty sure the whole point of fusion is to make LOTS of items and coins disappear from the market. With your suggestion this coin sink wouldn't work anymore.

Y'know...

The devs could remove "increased max range" and "Increased optimal range" perks from cannons - after all those perks do absolutely nothing to the weapon.

On 12/23/2019 at 1:33 AM, Clebardman said:

^Pretty sure the whole point of fusion is to make LOTS of items and coins disappear from the market.

I believe it's one point, if not the only one.  it also gives players some customisability/optimisation after you bought/crafted all the basic parts, sold the ones you don't like, and bought duplicates of the ones you do.

There's just better ways they could do the system as a whole:

Upgrade module (type) - (effect level) - (item name)
A player could then have a recipe for each type of upgrade and they could be applied similar to the way a CK is installed/removed.
Each upgrade could be PS rated based on effect level and type. - (helping balance out new players from older players and effects and set the crossover for between rarity qualities)
Each recipe could be earned in various ways and have special ones or higher leveled ones (skipping the base level) for events. - (I'll get back to this at the bottom)

The base recipe cost could be somewhere around 2x of the item plus some resources or 3x of the item. (less items would probably be better for relics though).
Increased level costs could be additional upgrade modules depended on level plus some resources.

It would still make use of the same market diminished of parts while at the same time retaining the costs on the upgrade module rather than removing the item part from the market or from it's ability to be used in crafting which makes things slightly easier on players. The system would be better by allowing players to swap out different upgrades for different builds and not have to retain as many of each duplicate weapon for them to be applied to. So it would still entail the same strategy as the current system so there would be not much of a learning curve. Also use of leveled effects could push out the boundaries for end game a bit too. Switching the system over would be fairly easy too as the game could simply exchange the existing upgraded ones so players would get the upgrade module and the part it's applied to.

I could also see this type of system pairing well with faction based CK Skins for items which would be an added benefit especially if used correctly with events. For example you could have a special knights riders upgrade that has a special mix of 2 upgrades and a special CK skin. Or a ravagers one, or the new anticipated faction...

I will also like to add that if possible when the upgrade mechanics are improved we would like to get refunded all the parts we re-upgraded and get the option for a free upgrade trait choice on upgraded parts. That will make almost all players happy. :002j: