MaximusAurelicus

Remove Durability Perk Option for Fusion on Low Durability Parts & Make Fusion Better

What if you could choose which perk you get, if you spend additional resources?  I think this would be a great way to make engraved casings a bit more (or in my case, the slightest bit) useful.

I too agree fusion needs rework. I believe RNG hurts it the most. More player choice means better experience.

The core concept behind the rework should be give the player the ability to answer the question ''Do I improve upon the item's strength or do try negate some of its weaknesses?''.

P.S Would be cool to add some minor variation on the appearence of the item to show that is fused.

e.g. better cooling? >fins for heat dissipation

e.g better range > longer gun barrel (takes more space)

e.g Carapace with more durability? >bulky (maybe takes more space)

e.g Carapace with more speed and power? >bigger exhausts, makes louder noise

I agree. The changes don't really do the job.

First of all there should be an option to pick the trait you want. Thats also more realistic: If you upgrade an item in a garage, how the hell but with completly incompetent mechanics would this lead to a random upgrade ;) ...

At this point only the fusion of heavy cabins and some specific items like munition or coolers make sense really. If you have 4 upgraded weapons with completly different fused traits it makes the whole thing pointless and a huge waste of money, which for most people is hard to grind and once they found out that weapon upgrades are useless you are stuck with them forever. Either make these fused parts sellable on the market or give the players the possibility to choose the traits they want and give the option to everyone to unfuse the already fused items at the point of the overhaul. Either of hese two possiblities would definately solve the fusion problematic imho.

7 hours ago, Nilper said:

First of all there should be an option to pick the trait you want. Thats also more realistic: If you upgrade an item in a garage, how the hell but with completly incompetent mechanics would this lead to a random upgrade ;) ...

That's right

• Upvote 1

I like the idea of the upgrade tree though I'd like it to focus around taking apart multiple items to make up the parts for the chosen upgrades. Should let us upgrade commons as well, as that would be the most affordable way for players to get use to the dynamics of such a system. As for leveling up the bonuses it could be either refinement i.e. using multiples of the same part to increase quality and or other additional parts to improve other aspects of that portion of the design.

A few examples: 
You might pull a spring from a different gun to reduce recoil on another gun or adding a coil from a radiator or cooler for slower heating or faster cool down. part out some fuel barrels for reinforced blast shields to up the durability of a gun. Radiator parts on boosters could extend their run time between cool downs. a fuel tank part from the same booster could increase the fuel supply for one (i.e. you could have a longer double length model rather than installing two for the same effect). Rotation and aim speed could be via sprockets, gears, actuators, and motor parts...

The number of extra sub parts being created I don't really see as an issue, if they could be used in some advanced crafting benches.. Wasp parts and shotgun parts to have a 360 rotating unguided rocket. Can I swap a machine gun into a goblin cage... Can I make a limited angle autocannon that is easier to hide. Can I use the base from a whirlwind and put a cricket on top... Can I mount a draco on a drone.. A lot of the odds and ends that don't fit in to the normal benches could be added in this way. Similarly it could work well for event gear where special features could be added to an existing weapons like adding a single shot grenade launcher to a machine gun or some other option.