Pickleberry

Demolition Derby

Opening up, gathering feedback from players!

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

"Each player is given the choice between 3 preset builds"

would not mind seeing 3 builds players create for such a mode either.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2

This idea is great. :014:

I'd love to see this brawl mode.

• Upvote 1

I can't say no, i proposed it a few times myself. +1

Could also be The same as the race brawl but with passive melee and a 8 track with tons of laps. The harvester idea to speed things up is good.

Edited by SoulDeliverer
  • Upvote 1

i don't like the idea of wheels breaking off. 

a problem in videogame demolition derbies has been that players hide instead of fighting, i think fighting could be awarded by upgrading the players equipment when they kill a player, there shoul also be a chassis around cars so that players don't get stuck on eachothers wheels

Edited by UkkeliHeebo32

Yeah, the wheels should be a non wreckable part at a car or at least a part with much more health as in the regulare game, so the will not get lost at the first crash.

• Upvote 1

On 10/19/2018 at 11:11 AM, UkkeliHeebo32 said:

i don't like the idea of wheels breaking off. 

a problem in videogame demolition derbies has been that players hide instead of fighting, i think fighting could be awarded by upgrading the players equipment when they kill a player, there shoul also be a chassis around cars so that players don't get stuck on eachothers wheels

Flatout solved this with the contact timer. Maybe we could have a bomb hooked on each of the cars which, if car does not ram some other car for long time, goess off and thus quits player's hiding.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Tom_FFW said:

Flatout solved this with the contact timer. Maybe we could have a bomb hooked on each of the cars which, if car does not ram some other car for long time, goess off and thus quits player's hiding.

Pretty good idea!

Like it!

• Upvote 1

I support the mode BUT no preset build pls.

Do it like the race brawl: weapons are disabled and ppl can build what ever they want.

For me this is one of the main things in crossout - players build weird or cool cars.

So: take the race-mode code and build ademolition demolition derby out of it :)

• Upvote 1

as much as i like the idea, i dont support the "a computer player comes in with a harvester to speed up the game after a certain amount of time" because this makes it so that the match is random who wins. because if the computer comes in and chases you down and not the other player its unfair because your getting a free win or they are getting a free win without any consequences to themselves. my stance right now i dont support this, i dont like the idea of a randomized win in whats supposed to be a demolition match. remove the computer player and this would be a full support from me.

• Upvote 1

game still feels like destruction derby, but if the devs can make this into something else, then it got my vote

I would love to see this.  But yeah, ditch the prebuilt thing.

I think this could lead to some other modes: melee-only, no explosives, no hovers, hover only, etc.

I like the idea, but id prefer to build my own derby car. I know that the idea of selecting prefabricated vehicles is to keep the battles fair, but I think you could also create a system that levels players with similar PS.

Edited by AlfaOrOmega
Mistake with images.
  • Upvote 1

I think there should be more danger like barrel mines, wrecking balls, spike pits (big enough for players but too small for harvester executioner), and flames.
Also, what if early killed players can control the Falcon drone or Fuze drone? How about Incinerator turret placed at border wall?

Also, the players defeated early can enjoy the brawl as an obstacle for potential winners, and brawl will be more deadly and intense. 

Edited by VisceraCleaner

+1, I like the idea that a Boss Leviathan shows up at the end to mop up any Survivors.  

There would have to be more than Lunatics(Light) Nomads (Medium) and Scavengers (Heavy) because Scavangers, and Lunatics have clear advantages.  The Humpback would have more mass, and durability.  The Lunatics speed, and damage.  The Nomads would be basically just "Meh."  Unable to deal enough damage to the Scavengers, nor take enough damage from the Lunatics.  There would have to be some advantage for the Wyverns to make them viable.  I would think Stand-off, Wyvern builds could have "Wings" which make them more stable, and harder to hit the cabin.  Also, a nose, and tail, basically the airplane shape would give them an advantage in how they would be damaged, with hatchets, pipe-teeth, and Borers.

Edited by psiberzerker